Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A friend of mine got the Dara dvd and said it was good, so will probably borrow it.

Really looking forward to seeing Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard's live dvds. All they need now is one from Hugh Dennis to complete the mock the week regulars. Might check out Lee Evans new one as well....comedy filled christmas for me :D

Never warmed to him, comical in There's Something About Mary though.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Never warmed to him, comical in There's Something About Mary though.:D

Yeah your not alone, don't know many people that actually like him lol. Saw him live over the summer, class show. Ended it with Bohemian Rhapsody

Yeah your not alone, don't know many people that actually like him lol. Saw him live over the summer, class show. Ended it with Bohemian Rhapsody

Ha ha class! I loved it once the song kicked in.:D I'm not really into comedians these days, the only one I never get tired of is Ricky Gervais. I can watch Animals and Politics all day long.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Favorite Ricky joke off Animals:

I just love his face when he "catches" the elephant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

rovert wrote: »
    I would attribute Bub's posting to his recent subscription to a certion website which covers something off topic so I wont. :p

Harsh, I've been posting here for a solid year or two now and the only thing that board changed was my opinion of you (for the better)

Also, for what it's worth while we're on comedians Mitch Hedberg reigned supreme and a successor has yet to be found

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Harsh, I've been posting here for a solid year or two now and the only thing that board changed was my opinion of you (for the better)

Also, for what it's worth while we're on comedians Mitch Hedberg reigned supreme and a successor has yet to be found

Seen this before and i still dont think there is a better, more filled 5 minute monologue.

One thing i dont get, why is his hand shaking so much?
    :pac:
    (i know, obviously its the late show)

Considering the way he died "multiple drug toxicity including cocaine and heroin, as the official cause of death" it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. He took ridiculous amounts of everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I know we aint supposed to speak wrestling here, but don't want to start a thread for this one small question - Mick Foley is constantly slagging TEST in his awful Hardcore Diaries. is this a zany rib or is there actually something to it? If the latter, what caused it?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote: »
    I know we aint supposed to speak wrestling here, but don't want to start a thread for this one small question - Mick Foley is constantly slagging TEST in his awful Hardcore Diaries. is this a zany rib or is there actually something to it? If the latter, what caused it?

Not sure if it's a rib but I've heard him say before in a shoot interview that Test was quite insecure about the fact Stacy Keibler used to enjoy spending time with him. I don't think he's a Testicle anyway. :pac:

On the subject of great comedians anyone know if Bill Bailey's DVD Tinselworm is any good? I'm going to watch it later. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

gimmick wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a rib but I've heard him say before in a shoot interview that Test was quite insecure about the fact Stacy Keibler used to enjoy spending time with him. I don't think he's a Testicle anyway. :pac:

Guys, please don't talk wrestling in here, no matter how small the subject. I don't want a snowball effect starting off. Please start a thread for a question if it involves wrestling. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Seen this before and i still dont think there is a better, more filled 5 minute monologue.

well believe it or not mitch actually had incredible stage fright, look for some of his old (i mean really early) stuff and he used to perform with his back to the audience so he would be able to over come it! that covers a certain amount of the hand shake!

not sure if this bit is true tho: he wears the tinted glasses because it obscures his view of the audience, hence helps teh stage fright!

well believe it or not mitch actually had incredible stage fright, look for some of his old (i mean really early) stuff and he used to perform with his back to the audience so he would be able to over come it! that covers a certain amount of the hand shake!

not sure if this bit is true tho: he wears the tinted glasses because it obscures his view of the audience, hence helps teh stage fright!

Both of those ideas make sense.

I like how he seems like hes not just rhyming jokes off. Thats definitely something not many comedians have these days, frankie boyle is one exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

orestes wrote: »
    Cheers.

Isn't cheers a very 1990's word. Steve Staunton tried to bring it back but he failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Isn't cheers a very 1990's word. Steve Staunton tried to bring it back but he failed.
    I've said it all my life. Its also very popular with the "new Irish", especially the chinese, and they would only have been around really in the naughties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

On the subject of great comedians anyone know if Bill Bailey's DVD Tinselworm is any good? I'm going to watch it later. :cool:

Haven't seen it myself, but have seen it get some good reviews online. Let us know what you think of it :)

I've said it all my life. Its also very popular with the "new Irish", especially the chinese, and they would only have been around really in the naughties.

Same with the word "Mate".

I work with a philipino dude and he is one in a million, great guy, but says both of those words a lot.

He attributes his english grammer from his teachers in school being american and british. And a lot of the material being advertisments, soap operas and wrestling.
    (no joke, he is a huge TNA fan)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Not really, it's actually more 80s, especially in Aussie terminology.
    Paul Hogan used it a lot, probably more often than any Irish ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

"mate" is the most patronising word ever..Please dont use it to me..Pisses me off

callaway92 wrote: »
    "mate" is the most patronising word ever..Please dont use it to me..Pisses me off

I know a lot of people who hate the word the same as you, but they see it as being 'british-ified'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Never go to England so.

I know a lot of people who hate the word the same as you, but they see it as being 'british-ified'.

Aw ****, I haven't been able to stop saying it since my trip to Australia in '05; I thought I was endearing myself to people.:o

Never go to England so.

Ive been to England a million times...Never been said to me..Most people arent that sad to say it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Ive been to England a million times...Never been said to me..Most people arent that sad to say it

Either that or you're just easily annoyed. I'm pretty sure you could get help for that sort of thing. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I've got one - whats with irish people saying "dude"? It's just like, **** off to California with your fancy linguo like that. No offence to anyone here who says it, i just never got it. . .

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I've got one - whats with irish people saying "dude"? It's just like, **** off to California with your fancy linguo like that. No offence to anyone here who says it, i just never got it. . .

+1000000000000000

That is also immensly patronising

Every sentance I form in real life I rotate from mate, dude, man and brah. I like to keep them fresh and unprecictable. I also like saying ta, and on certain occasions "ta mate" if I'm thanking a friend

mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

I say cheers and mate a lot, might have something to do with me being half-English, must have picked them up from that side of my family at some stage.

I also say dude a lot, but that's probably just from watching too much ninja turtles as a kid

orestes wrote: »
    I say cheers and mate a lot, might have something to do with me being half-English, must have picked them up from that side of my family at some stage.

I also say dude a lot, but that's probably just from watching too much ninja turtles as a kid

Funny story;

My brothers friend was standing outside a nightclub one night when he was approached by some sham. The sham asks him if he has a cigarette and he says "no sorry dude, don't smoke".

The sham responds with "Dude? Don't call me dude!" The sham proceeds to chase him down a very long road with a knife.:D Oh wait, that's not actually funny!:(:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Funny story;

My brothers friend was standing outside a nightclub one night when he was approached by some sham. The sham asks him if he has a cigarette and he says "no sorry dude, don't smoke".

The sham responds with "Dude? Don't call me dude!" The sham proceeds to chase him down a very long road with a knife.:D Oh wait, that's not actually funny!:(:P

Maybe it is funny to your friends but on a message board where nobody knows anybody else or their personality types, no its not that funny.
    *Not trying to be a wanker or anything just making a point to all future inside jokes, You will not be tolerated*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement