Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Is it wrong for a fella to like the show Ugly Betty?

And secondly, does many a mickle actually make a muckle???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    Is it wrong for a fella to like the show Ugly Betty?

Depends on if the fella carries a handbag with a cat in it
    (you either get this or you don't folks) ;)

Well, there is only one type of fella has one of those.........a very lucky fella :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Depends on if the fella carries a handbag with a cat in it
    (you either get this or you don't folks) ;)

I shall call you Mr.Innuendo from now on.:p

What is worse, overly prejediced people, or overly PC people? Personally I would find the latter, as the former can be amusing in their forthright views. The PC on the other hand are so easily wound up its good to have them around as well.

I know which category I fall into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Well, there is only one type of fella has one of those.........a very lucky fella :)

A lucky fella who carries his pussy in a bag? ;)

What is worse, overly prejediced people, or overly PC people? Personally I would find the latter, as the former can be amusing in their forthright views. The PC on the other hand are so easily wound up its good to have them around as well.

I know which category I fall into.

While the overly prejudiced people really grate on me, I have to go with the overly PC; I'm constantly on guard that I'm going say something which will be taken the wrong way/taken out of context and someone is going to accuse me of racism in a public place or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Whats everyone looking for for xmas? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

27 Days. Toy Show is on tonight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The Wire boxset

• Advertisement

Pro Evo '09 and SvR '09. You?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Pro Evo '09 and SvR '09. You?:)

Prepare to be dissapointed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rovert wrote: »
    The Wire boxset

You do know Vladimir Kozlov is in it??:D
    House season 4 and Curb Your Enthusiasm 6 will do fine for me!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Prepare to be dissapointed

Really? I haven't bought it in a few years so that's why I'm thinking of getting it. I'm a Fifa man, but I've bought it three years in a row.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Really? I haven't bought it in a few years so that's why I'm thinking of getting it. I'm a Fifa man, but I've bought it three years in a row.

Oh its still miles better than :rolleyes:FIFA:rolleyes: but a big let down..Of course this is all imo..Other people will probably say different

Oh its still miles better than :rolleyes:FIFA:rolleyes: but a big let down..Of course this is all imo..Other people will probably say different

Would you say that's because it hasn't made any improvements? If so I'll be OK because I haven't played it in years!:D I have to get it, that's the big money game with my mates along with Call of Duty and Smackdown vs. Raw.

Exactly..It hasnt made any change from the previous couple..Best was PES 6..If you have that..This is the same but a couple of years in the future

Exactly..It hasnt made any change from the previous couple..Best was PES 6..If you have that..This is the same but a couple of years in the future

Nope haven't got PES 6, but if it's the same as the latest one I may as well get the latest one for the up-to-date teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Anyone get the new Dara O Briain dvd yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Gerard.C wrote: »

Nope, but I'd like a look at his fellow Mock the Week guest Frankie Boyle's dvd. Boyle's really funny :D

I wouldn't be a fan of Dara now. On the Panel he was alright, stand up or on UK TV and I'm just thinking "go away you're not funny, stop stealing both Sadowitz's and Moran's act"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I really like Dara O'Brian. Very witty.

I really like Dara O'Brian. Very witty.

I don't know what it is about him. He;s a good host, he's good on Mock the Week and he was great on the Panel but as a standalone comedian he just bores me. He's got a few good jokes in him all the same.
    The "story" of when he was doing his driving test was hilarious :p

Gerard.C wrote: »

Yep. It is absolutely great, his ability to work with material that is thrown at him is amazing.

If you ever seen his first dvd, like at the...? Its the same style.
    But you get the idea you wish he had snippets of the whole tour after giving some stories from "Earlier in the tour".
    I don't know what it is about him. He;s a good host, he's good on Mock the Week and he was great on the Panel but as a standalone comedian he just bores me. He's got a few good jokes in him all the same.
    The "story" of when he was doing his driving test was hilarious :p

Have you seen him doing stand up?

Yeah I watched some stand up show he did. Got very bored half way through, his voice was annoying and I thought he lacked charissma. Or at least, didn't have enough charissma to hold my attention ?

Any love for Dylan Moran ? He's doing a UK tour atm I think , no Irish dates confirmed though :(

Yeah I watched some stand up show he did. Got very bored half way through, his voice was annoying and I thought he lacked charissma. Or at least, didn't have enough charissma to hold my attention ?

Any love for Dylan Moran ? He's doing a UK tour atm I think , no Irish dates confirmed though :(

I would recommend you to go to one of his shows, sit in the front row and see what he can do with you. Trust me, ive experienced it. :)

Dylan confuses me, is he depressed? I know its his style but he is funny, but sometimes i dont know either is he supposed to be like that.

I do see him as irelands version of Ricky Gervais.

Funny bit of info on Moran:
    At the Edinburgh Festival Fringe he has won the 'So You Think You're Funny? Award' in 1993, and the Perrier Award in 1996, but later dismissed the latter as "a load of media rubbish," stating Bill Bailey deserved it more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I ehhhh really ehhhhhhhh like ehhhh Dara ehhhhhhh O'Brian ehhhh. Very ehhhh witty.

fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

A friend of mine got the Dara dvd and said it was good, so will probably borrow it.

Really looking forward to seeing Frankie Boyle and Russell Howard's live dvds. All they need now is one from Hugh Dennis to complete the mock the week regulars. Might check out Lee Evans new one as well....comedy filled christmas for me :D

Bubs for PW poster of the year even though I've only known him for about a week

Bubs for PW poster of the year even though I've only known him for about a week

+1

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I would attribute Bub's posting to his recent subscription to a certion website which covers something off topic so I wont. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement