Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic thread *time to say goodbye*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Noel definitely has at the least an acoustic album in him. Liam on the other hand lost his edge a long time ago. His vocals just grate on me now.

Noel already released an accoustic album. It's kind of hard to find but it's part of the unplugged series. It's pretty good.

Also, there are a bunch of great songs on Cash's American Recordings albums that the lack of Hurt wouldn't have hurt it too bad. In My Life would just have been used had he died without hurt and Rusty Cage and Won't Back Down are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just listening to my Johnny Cash favourites and christ, what a song Hurt is. He means every word, a real end of the line song. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Noel already released an accoustic album. It's kind of hard to find but it's part of the unplugged series. It's pretty good.

Pretty sure that's Oasis unplugged. Liam no showed at the 11th hour claiming problems with his throat, but was then seen at the top balcony slagging him off and smoking.

Lol how insignificant that incident is now, but was such a huge deal 12 years ago.

jayhaitch2 wrote: »
    No doubt Reznor deserves credit for his genius song, but I think you might be selling other people short.

It's not so much a case of selling people short. The music industry is too fickle. In order for a successful comeback, you need that one song to make it a memorable one. I don't think any other song would have done it with quite the impact and success that Hurt did.

It's the same 20 years earlier with Sinead O'Connor. Her debut album in 87 was met with somewhat moderate success. But had it not been for the Prince penned "Nothing Compares 2 U", she would have faded into obscurity before the 90s had even hit.

Although some people wish that had happened, but you get my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

This fell down the pages quickly.

Anyone see Desperate Housewifes last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

nah..I've no time for Desperate housewives.. I'm too busy working my way through The Incredible Hulk boxset...ah happy memories. Now that was a class TV show!..gotta love the reporter..Jack McGee! Sounds painful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

Anyone watch 24: Redemption. I thought it was quite good. Looking forward to the new season now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

rizzla wrote: »
    Anyone watch 24: Redemption. I thought it was quite good. Looking forward to the new season now.

I completely forgot that was on last Monday!:mad: I've heard good things though so it is encouraging for the forthcoming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'm no Oasis fan but i will give them their dues to what they contributed to the British music scene from 1993-1996. But i think they needed to let it drop there as Oasis have done f*ck all to note in 12 years.

I am an Oasis fan, big time, and I can honestly say there has been plenty of material since '96 that's been spot on, new album included (And that's listening to them without the massive amounts of narcotic aids I would have taken while listening to their first two albums, imagine what I’d think of them if I still did that)
    Plus they are still the best live band in the world as far as I’m concerned, so I’m very glad they didn’t pack it in.
    Do agree that Noel should go solo for a while, MTV unplugged doesn’t count at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

rizzla wrote: »

Gave up on 24 half way through the 3rd series (that's 60 hours to you Jack)

Breaking Bad is the best thing to be on tv in a while i thought, now that the Wire's finished anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Anyone watch Entourage, just finished watching the 5th season there and it's quality stuff, really easy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

amull87 wrote: »
    Anyone watch Entourage, just finished watching the 5th season there and it's quality stuff, really easy to watch.

I done the same with that show as i did with smallville.

Watched it for the first two seasons because it was easy and you could figure it out and all that, But then if you miss a few episodes either 1) it doesnt matter if you missed them because the story takes ages to build up over a certain time and one episode doesnt even follow it so there is no point in watching it... </rant>

OR..

2) Sometimes all the story accumulates into that one episode that you miss and then your left going "WTF?"

Still kick ass shows all the same.

Whats happening in entourage these days anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I done the same with that show as i did with smallville.

Watched it for the first two seasons because it was easy and you could figure it out and all that, But then if you miss a few episodes either 1) it doesnt matter if you missed them because the story takes ages to build up over a certain time and one episode doesnt even follow it so there is no point in watching it... </rant>

OR..

2) Sometimes all the story accumulates into that one episode that you miss and then your left going "WTF?"

Still kick ass shows all the same.

Whats happening in entourage these days anyway?

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 5 OF ENTOURAGE

Vince's career basically fell apart after making Medellin in season 4, horribly recieved at Cannes it bombed and was a straight to dvd release, he was reduced to auditioning for supporting roles, landing one in Smoke Jumpers a movie about firefighterss battling a huge forest fire, then he got fired from that by the director and went home to New York with the boys, only for Martin Scorsese to call him in the last few mins of the final episode and offering him the lead in his new movie, saving the day

END SPOILERS

yeah what krudler said, it was a pretty decent season, if only there were more episodes....... damn writer's strike!!!

Season 6 has 20 episodes commissioned, might be a while coming though Jeremy Piven is on Broadway doing a play for a few months, if its an Ari-less Entourage I'd rather not have it at all!

krudler wrote: »
    Season 6 has 20 episodes commissioned, might be a while coming though Jeremy Piven is on Broadway doing a play for a few months, if its an Ari-less Entourage I'd rather not have it at all!

yeah heard that aswell, don't like the sound of it one bit, no Ari or Llyod and it's useless

If there's one thing I dont like about Entourage it that after watching it you cant help but feel miserable about your own life watching Vince and the boys spend their days shagging and blagging their way around LA

If there's one thing I dont like about Entourage it that after watching it you cant help but feel miserable about your own life watching Vince and the boys spend their days shagging and blagging their way around LA

Why, do you not? :pac:

(intended as a joke, not as a rib to any mods..)

Why, do you not? :pac:

(intended as a joke, not as a rib to any mods..)

Do we have to put disclaimers on our posts for fear of offending the overlords now?

Do we have to put disclaimers on our posts for fear of offending the overlords now?

well i did, just in case...

Maybe if (no joke i went to type fozzy there :o:()
    Vince or orestes can let clear this up for us?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

You don't.

amull87 wrote: »

I seem to be missing something there... I loved series 1 but series 2 really bored the living piss out of me. I was too scared to go further, for the sake of my sanity.

Johnny Drama = reasons to watch though.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I seem to be missing something there... I loved series 1 but series 2 really bored the living piss out of me. I was too scared to go further, for the sake of my sanity.

Johnny Drama = reasons to watch though.

The Mandy Moore stuff in S2 was crap alright, shes not THAT pretty, but the Aquaman stuff made up for it, series 3 was a big improvement

The Mandy Moore stuff in S2 was crap alright, shes not THAT pretty, but the Aquaman stuff made up for it, series 3 was a big improvement

I want series 3, but i'm not willing to fork out the amount for series 3 parts 1 and 2. That sh*t annoys me. :/

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

you might find the new season less boring VR as stuff doesent always just go their way now, its a bit more realistic i.e lows aswell as the highs.

doesent everyone just watch these things online these days? not wanting to shell out for dvds and all as you say, tis a credit crunch going on after all

doesent everyone just watch these things online these days? not wanting to shell out for dvds and all as you say, tis a credit crunch going on after all

I didn't fork out for a 42" f*cking plasma TV two years ago to sit hunched in front of my PC watching TV episodes! :eek:

ok then fork out for a PS3 also and download them on your PC put them on a usb key and watch them on your big ass TV via the PS3 like my bro did to solve tthe exact same problem

ok then fork out for a PS3 also and download them on your PC put them on a usb key and watch them on your big ass TV via the PS3 like my bro did to solve tthe exact same problem

Have a PS3, but i'm a video quality snob (comes from my past trading days, trust me there's a difference between divx and proper dvd), my mates think i'm insane but the slight lag in motion on divx movies drives me f*cking insane! I also did work in video editing before, so unfortunately my brain is trained to notice stuff like that.

It's a curse :(

i know what you mean i used to edit together stories for a tv show (trans world sport) shown in over 100 countrys but tbh im not too pushed and to be able to watch around 3 full season on a big screen for free is worth it imo. but them inm not you and dont have that curse.

im now able to log onto to boards again from my new home so will probably be on here more again, the PW forum seems a lot less bitchy now too and much more appealing to post in too (credit to the new mods not that Fozzy was ever anything but a good mod) so bonus as far as im concerned.

• Advertisement

im now able to log onto to boards again from my new home so will probably be on here more again, the PW forum seems a lot less bitchy now too and much more appealing to post in too (credit to the new mods not that Fozzy was ever anything but a good mod) so bonus as far as im concerned.

Looks like ATH 7 could be a goer again soon then! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement