Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Ashy R wrote: »
    hey all :) my WI on Thursday night went well...i had 1 and 1/2 lb off :D was delighted thats a total of 29lb

Hadnt a great weekend friends home from Manchester and friends over for donner and what not so im back at it today. Hope to anyway

Rubyrua as for social events you can do it.....Ya holding back up to four points a day is a good idea....and maybe try and get some exercise in to gain bonus points
    If you drink Vodka then Vodka and a Diet drink should only have 1pt.
    Or low beer ....

Food can be hard but dont forget we all deserve a treat and WW isnt about giving up what you love. Its just to be more in control of what you eat.....Maybe have soup starters, salads with dressing on side,
    All dinners try and have sauce on side...what i do is order something alot but know im in control and i dont finish it all :D sounds harder than it is ....and you can skip dessert or have something small or what i would do ( As the women are supportive) share a dessert with one of your friends.....
    Enjoy the weekend

Good luck to everyone else x

Be aware that a vodka in Ireland is actually 1.5pts! The measures in the WW books go by the UK measurements, 30mls, not the Irish ones, 40mls (someone can correct me if these figures are wrong!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,378 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

UK measurements, 30mls, not the Irish ones, 40mls (someone can correct me if these figures are wrong!)
    25ml in the UK and 35.5ml here (1/16th of a pint). It can be quite confusing, a lot of bars in the UK automatically give doubles unless you ask for a single, I think some have also now adopted larger measures in the UK, also a baileys here is 50ml standard. Then you have slight variations due to brands, it could vary from 37.5 to 50% vodka which will affect points/calories.

When entering points on low portion items consumed in high portions it is best to multiply them up, this will prevent "rounding errors", e.g. if a bottle of beer is 1.2 and another is 1.3, then the 1.2 might be rounded to 1, and the 1.3 to 1.5. Now if you drink 10 bottles it appears to be 10 Vs 15 "rounded points", while really it is 12 vs 13 points.

If you have the cals & sat fat for a small portion like a biscuit simply add a 0 to the end, so 1 point will become 12points, then you know it is really 1.2pts.

This only matters if you are eating these in large amounts, otherwise the differences should average each other out.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Well done Ashy thats brill a loss is a loss.. go u keep it up!!

As u say the weekend.. stop it kills me...thursday was fine with food and gym and the same friday..sat food was fine but went out dancing an clearly drank loads and had some toast when came in?? Random i no couldve been worse...den yday i spent the day dying and had chocs and a curry!! Back on track today tho went to aqua fit instead of gym..it was good!! Hopefully have an ok day tamo and hit gym after work..Hoping to sway things back for WI on Weds..!!

How did everyone else get on the weekend??

Rubyua..weekends and events are defo the hardest thing i try save the 4 points and hit gym i guess..kepp up normal routine an try an make the best decisions with food..exactly what Ashy said..sauce on side etc...Best of Luck!

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi to all hope your all having good WI's!!

i am thrilled to say that i was down another 2lbs this morning at my WI!1 was expecting a loss to be honest but was only hoping for 1lb s am delighted with 2!!

i am putting it down to the hiking i did last week and i also worked my butt off at aquafit last night!!

my leader passed around a melon this morning weighing 10lbs to give us all an idea of exactly how much it can weigh. i was shocked as i was carrying around twice that amount plus a bit more!! i couldnt believe just how much it weighs!!! im glad to have it all gone now and seeing how much i have actually lost in the shape of a melon this morning weirdly gave me huge motivation to keep going so now i cannot wait to get rid of my final 8lbs till goal!!!

best of luck to all this week!!!:D

ive just realised i had the wrong target on my ticker and it was saying i had another 15lbs :mad::mad:to go before i got to goal!!!nearly had heart failure but its sorted now:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Well done!

There's no better feeling than when you lose a couple of pounds when you're really not expecting! Definitely better than the other way around!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Well done Itsallaboutme, you are doing really great. Not long to go until goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

ugh after my horrible weekend of food bingeness i was up 2.5pounds :( only turn 21 once though! hahaha brand new start tomorrow.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

:D:D:DThree pounds down this week. Delighted. Got my little piece of bling. Three of them now. Next target 10st......(5 lb more) Hoping to have that gone by the time :mad:skinny sister:mad: visits at the end of October....

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

well done miss piggy40! im doin fairly good this week,walked for 40 mins every nite and hours aerobics 2nite,stuck to points most days,over by 1 or 2 on two days but hopefully exercise will balance it out! wi 2moro eve,so i`ll keep ye posted! tip 4 lemons,got some last week,halved them,sliced them,wrapped in cling film and froze them so in morn,pop one in a glass and in with ur hot water,because its so cold,it won`t crack glass and in a few mins its drinkable!cheers!x

Had my WI on Tuesday and was down 1.5lbs. Was quite disappointed with this, as thought I would have been down more considering I'd been eating crap for about 6 weeks and had put on 5lbs the week before! I had hoped to lose the 5lbs in 2 weeks but doesn't seem very likely now. My leader told me to just eat fruit before 12 each day, no carbs, and that should help speed up my metabolism. I'm terrible with breakfast, I usually just have an apple or a couple of cream crackers, but I really have been making the effort. I love mangoes and pineapples so have been stocking up on yummy fruit like that to encourage me to eat more of them!

Well done to everyone else who had good WIs this week :)

Edgedinblue glad you had a good birthday, don't worry about the 2.5lbs, I'm sure they were worth every ounce ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Ibarelycare - your leader is misinformed. Fruit is a carb. Anything with suder = carb. Fruit contains suger as you know. If you are looking to cut back on the carbs then go for eggs or egg whites for brekkie lidls cottage cheese is 2gms carbs per 100gms and 13gms protein per 100gms. But you should eat the fruit though ad its natural sugar and very fibrous!

You will not lose the weight in two weeks that took longer to put on. The more you lose weight the slower it comes off. Tis is the healthiest way.You should not aim to lose more than 1.5-2lbs a week anyway so you are spot on. Keep it up.

ULstudent wrote: »
    You should not aim to lose more than 1.5-2lbs a week anyway so you are spot on. Keep it up.

Spot on ULstudent. Softly,softly catchee monkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

Hi all,

well done, it's great to see so many doing so well!!

Missed WI last week due to trying to make it early to my first "Bootcamp" session. But I weighed myself and new I was down. So made it through my first 3 sessions of Bootcamp....and wow was it tough!! SoBootcamp Mon,Wed & Sat and spin class Tues & Thurs. It has been a tough week. Really enjoying Bootcamp I have to say.

So had my WI last night and I was down 5 Lbs:eek:. I was shocked & delighted. I like to see hard work paying off. I even had a boozy night last Sat and that has not set me back thank god!!

So here's to my second week of Bootcamp. I know I won't be down 5 again but even 2 would be fantastic

Good luck to all this week. Remember it's so easy to turn a bad week on it's arse and start again ;)

Wow itsmytime. Really well done. That is ab fab. Make sure that you have plenty of protein in your diet for such a great exercise routine. And don't forget lots of water. Woohoo for you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey ladies n gents...

Glad to hear thats everyones doin so well..!

I was dwn 3lb this week..:D:D was chuffed..didn expect that!!

Has given me a real boost have t say...iv got a christenin and nite out this weekend so goin to
    try save as many points for them...an hit gym too!!

Today going ok i guess..snacked earlier but will make allowance with my dinner i think :D

Best of luck to all for week ahead..

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Hi all,

Sorry about the name to start, it refers to height!

Anyway I have a quick question about is Weightwatchers suitable for me. I want to lose about half a stone to be about right. Is this too little to join? Currently not overweight as such (BMI 24), but it's the way weight sits on tummy is reason why I wanna lose some.

Hi all,

Sorry about the name to start, it refers to height!

Anyway I have a quick question about is Weightwatchers suitable for me. I want to lose about half a stone to be about right. Is this too little to join? Currently not overweight as such (BMI 24), but it's the way weight sits on tummy is reason why I wanna lose some.

Hi there and welcome. I can only tell you what the experts say....you can't spot check fat. So if you lose weight it will come off all over your body including, but not only, your tummy. WW is great in that it does focus you on the amount of Saturated fat in your diet and it encourages exercise. I would say your objective would be helped greatly by the WW programme. Also, it is great to start with a manageable loss. Give it a couple of years and your half stone might become a stone etc.

Anyhow thats my tuppence worth,
    Good luck whatever you decide.

Had my WI tonight and ..... down 3.5lb. Delighted with myself. thats 1 st 10 lb in total. The thing I am most excited about is that I am dropping another point as I have entered another stone. I know its sounds odd to be excited about such a thing but it makes me feel like everything is going to plan. Would love another stone down by christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hi everyone,

Felt really bloated and crappy on Wednesday (WI day) and decided I wasn't going to weigh in. So ate a nice big healthy dinner around 5pm and then decided I'd face the music anyway. Ended up being up 2.5lbs which I was really annoyed about but I figure it's not a realistic weight gain as I was so bloated and had eaten loads before weigh in.

But it was the kick up the bum I needed and I am on all out Weightwatchers Warfare now. For the last 7 weeks I've been faffing around and sticking within the same 5lbs and enough is enough. I'm not going to be at goal for my birthday now so want to be there for Christmas.

Pre-tracking this week and so far so good. Trying to stick to 18 points to give me a kick start this week and getting loads of exercise in. Hit the gym and did a 5km run in 32 minutes yesterday without stopping for any short walking breaks which I was thrilled with, did an extra 15 minutes brisk walk on the treadmill and my weights, squats and sit ups. Then took the dogs out for a long walk along the canal last night so in total I earned 8.5 bonus points yesterday :)

Have a really healthy but delicious food plan for the week which I'm determined to stick to and hoping that those 2.5lbs will be gone next week along with a little more with a bit of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

Well done Journey - there's nothing like a sudden weight gain to give ya a kick up the a**!!

Same thing happened myself there a couple of weeks ago after I came back off holidays - put on an incredible amount of weight. More than I expected! But to be honest it was the best thing that ever happened coz it has gotten me so focused and back on track - way better than before. So I'm getting back into tracking and last week was down a lot! Back on track for getting my 6th stone hopefully in the next couple of weeks so delighra!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

week four, but only 3rd weigh-in as i was seriously sick last week and im, in total, down 20.5lbs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Thanks Ya What Now. Motivation is still high. Legs still tired from yesterday so couldn't face running today, but went out and did a 16km cycle this afternoon instead. Was really lovely, nice and sunny, and felt great afterwards.
    The pre-tracking is really working at keeping me on track so far this week. No nights out this weekend as I'm minding my nieces so hoping that will pay off. Gonna be limited in my exercise Sunday and Monday though because of them so will have to try to get as much in as possible the rest of the week.

Those scales aren't gonna know what's hit them next week (in a good way lol)

Wow Jules, you must see some difference in yourself having lost that much already! Fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 annie walker

Hello all, newbie here. Great to find this site. Im on week 5 and have lost 5 and 1/2 lbs. Im happy enough with that but lost 4 and 1/2 in the first 2 weeks. Im struggling to use 16 points every day (except weekends - thats mainly due to vodka) Id like to boost my weight loss for next week but dont know what to do for the best. Im afraid to eat more in case im pointing incorrectly even tho Ive done ww loads of times before. Id like this to be last time. Any suggestion???

Jules wrote: »
    week four, but only 3rd weigh-in as i was seriously sick last week and im, in total, down 20.5lbs!

Wow... thst is brilliant. It took me 9 weeks to lose that much but I am still happy. Keep going you are doing great.

Jules wrote: »

Wow, how have you managed that so quickly?

i was down 2.5lbs on thurs,delighted,my tracking,exercising and drinking water paid off! aiming 4 another good week now!;)

does anyone elses posts dissapear? sometimes i can`t see mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Wow, how have you managed that so quickly?

tbth i have a fair bit to lose so at the start its falling off fairly quickly!, but im drink 2 litres of water a daya and drinking at least 2 cups of green tea. In my cupboards i have only ww snacks and thats it. Im sticking to the points, even though i find it very hard to eat all my point everyday. Some days i do some days i dont but, the hardest part is the snacking and i do not snack on anything other than ww stuff and i keep well within my points!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i have seriously fallen off the wagon this week, lacking in motivation! :(

• Advertisement

Oh my god, I have really derailed this weekend. Had a christening yesterday and went totally mad. Had a bottle of red, 3 beers and take away after eating at the christening. I stopped counting at 51 points. Very hungover today for the first time in years and that resulted in junk food. Back on track again but can not expect a loss this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement