Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Good lucK tonight Ashy R.;)

Was down a half pound. Very happy with that. One more pound this week would get me to 10.5 stone:D. I had hoped to be there last week but such is life. Anyhow, I am quite excited about that prospect as I haven't weighed that in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

hi guys hope everyone is doing well, i had my WI last was down another 2.5 pounds, very happy wit it thought i might be up and they would take my silver 7 off me:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ashy R

Thanks misspiggy :) not long to go now....well done with your weigh on. Fair play to you. Keep it up.

Well done snukums .....thats alot....and its hard but its all worth it

Yesterday for the first time in the 19weeks i had an apple, banana and ww yougart . Chopped up fruit and plopped yougart on top and it was absolutly lovely :)im not a big fruit and veg woman and i wouldnt be great for yourgarts either but they are all low and good for you.
    This all went into a bowl and it was a meal in itself. Much better than eating all seperate and it tricks your brain into thinking its eating a big meal :D hehe.....just a thought for you all

I have my weigh in tonight after missing last week and having a real bad two weeks so fingers crossed...it might be ok as i got fully back on track on Monday and iv held back alot of points so ......we shall see

Hope ye all had a good day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

:confused: my god i was up 2 pounds yesterday, feel sooooo bad about it and worse thing is on way home from work and went and got chicken burger and chips had not eaten that in ages and felt so bad after it I no i am lacking back because feel pressure at work and feel tired al the time but really need to start excerise. i have the wii fit but when working also just want to relax when come home have enough to do with the kids. feeling low :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Well done on all the losses!!

Im just all over the place after a good week last week i was up again this week 1.5!!! I checked my tracker an iv literally been up and dwn consecutively for 6 weeks now its been since before hols iv had a few dwns in a row so that it not good..!!

I think lately i jus havin gottin back to it since hols i really dunno..Im trying like I go to gym 3/4 times a week and am good 5 days out 7 i guess...the 2 not so good would be if i drink at weekend or have a hangover..i tend to pig out..!! I need something this week that will spur me on..!!

So im going to try out the skipping again even 15 mins every nite..myy sis also said to try not eat dinner so late either so gonna try this too..!!

Anyone else anymore tips to get me back on straight and narrow..really going thru a bad patch????

Im 14lbs from goal with 14 weeks to xmas so hoping I can get this!! :(

All advice grealty appreciated ?? :D:D

xx

• Advertisement

Hey Journey, if I can scrape in under the 25 BMI I will be happy to just maintain. Am I getting it right that you would like to lose 16lbs after that. Fair play to you!! I had never really considered that part of it. I am just aiming for 24.5 and know I will have to work hard all my life to maintain that. The very very best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Hi all

Well done on all the losses!!

Im just all over the place after a good week last week i was up again this week 1.5!!! I checked my tracker an iv literally been up and dwn consecutively for 6 weeks now its been since before hols iv had a few dwns in a row so that it not good..!!

I think lately i jus havin gottin back to it since hols i really dunno..Im trying like I go to gym 3/4 times a week and am good 5 days out 7 i guess...the 2 not so good would be if i drink at weekend or have a hangover..i tend to pig out..!! I need something this week that will spur me on..!!

So im going to try out the skipping again even 15 mins every nite..myy sis also said to try not eat dinner so late either so gonna try this too..!!

Anyone else anymore tips to get me back on straight and narrow..really going thru a bad patch????

Im 14lbs from goal with 14 weeks to xmas so hoping I can get this!! :(

All advice grealty appreciated ?? :D:D

xx

Shelly You are doing great.. You have done so well to get this far.

Get the weighing scales out and your tracker and you will have that stone well off for xmas.

I have 20lbs to go to target... But wish I was in your postition!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gkellett

Hi all, I just rejoined WW on Wednesday morning and i weighed in at 12st 1lb. This is the heaviest I have been in years and I have to lose at least 3 stone. I feel sick just thinking about my weight. I am going to follow the points religiously and have to start walking again. I also have just bought a vibrating power plate which i intend to use at least 6 times a day to tone up. I feel really miserable and upset at my weight, I never thought I would get this heavy again. :(

jo0380733 wrote: »
    :confused: my god i was up 2 pounds yesterday, feel sooooo bad about it and worse thing is on way home from work and went and got chicken burger and chips had not eaten that in ages and felt so bad after it I no i am lacking back because feel pressure at work and feel tired al the time but really need to start excerise. i have the wii fit but when working also just want to relax when come home have enough to do with the kids. feeling low :(

Hey Jo. I know it is really hard with the work and kids and a hundred other commitments.:( Also there are times when you need to give yourself a little TLC. Exercise gives you more energy but it also gives you a different kind of tiredness.....go figure.:confused: Anyway, don't be too hard on yourself. Just try to do as little damage as possible until you get into the groove again. Everyone has rocky days and maybe even weeks. In the end this whole thing is about feeling good about yourself. Feeling guilty only makes you feel lower. Go back to your tracker and see how fab you have done in the past and try to remeber how that felt, what was motivating you, see if you can recapture that. Lots of hugs.;)

gkellett wrote: »
    Hi all, I just rejoined WW on Wednesday morning and i weighed in at 12st 1lb. This is the heaviest I have been in years and I have to lose at least 3 stone. I feel sick just thinking about my weight. I am going to follow the points religiously and have to start walking again. I also have just bought a vibrating power plate which i intend to use at least 6 times a day to tone up. I feel really miserable and upset at my weight, I never thought I would get this heavy again. :(

I heard Bernard Dunnes manager talking on the radio. He said that their strategy was to take every round as a fight in itself. You don't have three stone to lose for the moment. You have two pounds to get under 12 stone and then only 5 more for your Silver Seven. Let the rest look after itself for now. Just concentrate on the next small step that you are well able to take. And well done for taking control back...that's a massive step in itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I managed to get to a earlier weight watchers class and was trilled to be down 1.5lb, that makes a total of 1 st 6.5lb. Anyway went and sat down beside a friend of mine who is down 15lb in 2 weeks and I started to feel that I wasnt doing as good as I should and that I should have more off. When I stared this I was aiming for a 1lb loss each week and its working out about a avarage of 1.5lb. I konow i am just being silly as most weeks I would be trilled and had a big loss last week (4.5)

Well done on all the losses and chin up everyone else.

Caroline your pal must be starving herself!!! Not healthy!!!! Stick with your plan, much more sustainable:D, healthy:D and realistic. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hey Journey, if I can scrape in under the 25 BMI I will be happy to just maintain. Am I getting it right that you would like to lose 16lbs after that. Fair play to you!! I had never really considered that part of it. I am just aiming for 24.5 and know I will have to work hard all my life to maintain that. The very very best of luck.

Hiya misspiggy,

My starting weight was 13st 13lbs which was a BMI of 28.9 (I'm 5ft 9in)
    I always had a goal weight of 11 stone in my head but decided I wanted to get to 10st 13lbs so that I can say I lost 3 stone lol (it's all psychological!)

At the moment my BMI is 25.5. When I get to 10st 13lbs it will be 22.6 so right in the middle of the healthy weight range.

This could change when I get closer to goal. At the moment my size 14 clothes are starting to get a bit loose on me (none of my jeans fit properly any more - a good complaint, but not so good when you're broke and can't afford a shopping spree lol). I had decided that I wanted to be a size 12 and I guess that 11 stone would get me to that point so we'll see what happens.

I've stepped it up this week as I've been faffing around for the last 6 weeks. Back tracking religiously and getting loads of running in so really hoping to see a decent loss on the scales next weigh in.

Thanks for that Journey. The curiosity was killing me. I am 5ft 2 and a half.( The half is very important!!!! ) I wish there was something to do that would help you to grow a few inches upwards.....instead of outwards....then I would be sorted.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Quality wrote: »
    Shelly You are doing great.. You have done so well to get this far.

Get the weighing scales out and your tracker and you will have that stone well off for xmas.

I have 20lbs to go to target... But wish I was in your postition!!

Awh thanks Quality...i no i just have to rewind and get back to it!!

Your in a fantastic position urself..!! on the run in to goal.. :D:D: My run in just went backwards for a bit!! :rolleyes:

thanks for the support though its much appreciated! Day one went well so onwards and downwards for the week ahead!!!

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

hello all! miss piggy you should be a leader,ur advice is soo sound!.........i was up 1.5! i said to leader,can you not give out to me or something to get me goin again,so my challenge is to track for 3 weeks and heres the snag-i have to show it to her! she said if i stick to it i`ll have 1/2 stone gone! so heres hoping i can do it!x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend good exercises for me to shift the weight faster? I have problems with my feet so I can't do running, I can walk briskly though!

Thanks & Well Done to all:)

Hey Frutti, can you use/do you have access to a cross trainer. Only new to it myself but I do know this much;

1)It has less of an impact on your feet
    2)It supports your joints more
    3)It uses more calories per minute than a similar effort on the Treadmill

I know these things because I used the treadmill constantly and it hurt my knees, shins and feet. Now I swap between them and the bike for variety and have no bother the the old joints.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Can anyone recommend good exercises for me to shift the weight faster? I have problems with my feet so I can't do running, I can walk briskly though!
    You could check out the posts in the fitness forums, many people have asked it and got detailed responses so it would be best to search first, and read the "sticky" threads at the top of the page, you can check out peoples fitness logs, it is mostly lads lifting weights but there are some women lifting, jogging etc.

I would highly recommend resistance exercise, which is normally weights but you can just do pushups or squats or other bodyweight exercises at home, or use things like 2L bottles of water as a weight. Check out www.simplefit.org

The fitness forum is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=252

I cycle to work, and walk or cycle everywhere I can. With traffic in dublin I am faster cycling to work so I end up with even more spare time, I know lads who drive to work stressed out in traffic and then have to dedicate time to jogging etc, when they could have killed 2 birds with one stone. Walking home with heavyish shopping is good too.

I actually never bother doing any cardio exercise since I get it in going places, and I prefer having a end result or goal to my exercise, not just mindless/aimless walking. I do about 2x40mins of weights per week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope you are all having a great week!!

my week is going well so far but the dreaded weekend has arrived so im hoping i can keep is good for the next two days till weigh in.

fruttitutti- i have problems with my knees and needed something low impact to do in between walking as i was finding my knees starting to ache when i did too much walking.i have found aqua aerobics really good. its really low impact and you can put in as much or as little effort into the class as you can manage.

best of luck to everyone for the weekend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

hi all hope you are all having a great week!!

my week is going well so far but the dreaded weekend has arrived so im hoping i can keep is good for the next two days till weigh in.

fruttitutti- i have problems with my knees and needed something low impact to do in between walking as i was finding my knees starting to ache when i did too much walking.i have found aqua aerobics really good. its really low impact and you can put in as much or as little effort into the class as you can manage.

best of luck to everyone for the weekend:D

Yeah, the aqua is great. I have clicky knees and I do walk for about 30 mins each day but my knees would not take much more than that.

The good news, I am into a pair of jeans today that i could not wear since I dont know when, delighted...

I am going really watch my points this week and NO going over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 MIDWIFEnTRAININ

hey everybody!! havent been on in a few weeks i had hols n den started bac in college.
    well was half stone up returnin from hols:mad: was a bit suprised but i owe it al to the drink n lack of exercise. Nothin I could do just bite the bullet and draw a line underneath it.

Den last week was down 1.5lbs so dat is some sun on the horizon. but my exercise is stil not up to scratch Ive just been run off my feet n exhausted from drivin to college. Have to admit i really feel it especially wit my emotions just bit down n snappy!! :(

So im aimin to achieve 3 or 4 exercise sessions dis week!! Im considerin doin some skipping each evenin heard its a good cal burner , any one any advice ???

Well done carolinesprings Id say u felt a million dollars in those jeans :)

Good luck with WI this week:pac:

Onwards and downwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sandy12

Hi can someone please expalin to me what the core plan on weight watchers is? Do you still count points etc any help would be great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

The core plan is no longer part of WW.

It was that you ate filling foods from a food list you were given and didn't count points. The idea was to stay in tune with your hunger and stop when you are full. If I remember correctly you could snack on fruit and veg in between meals. You also had a weekly points allowance to use on food items that were not on the list i.e bread, alcohol etc..

WW have introduced a new plan which is called the discover plan. This is based on the points system but they incorporate elements of the core plan. Listening to your hunger, eating 3meals a day, eating filling foods etc.

Are you a WW member?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sandy12

Hi thanks a million for your reply. I was a member up until a few weeks ago but I left because I am so bad at sticking too diets. The thing is I gave up smoking about 6 months ago and I have put on nearly 3 /4 of a stone. I have a stone to loose and I am finding it really difficult to loose it becuase I am so bad at dieting mainly because I have always been able to eat what I want. I am trying to find a realsitic way to diet and saw that core plan mentioned a few time didnt realsie it was so old though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

wow, had an awful weekend. dreading wi tuesday. was my 21st thursday, so chinese friday, and saturday, along with garlic chips i got saturday, and an apache pizza today. and cake.. im in for it tuesday evening girlies hahaha!

youre all doing really! :)

wow, had an awful weekend. dreading wi tuesday. was my 21st thursday, so chinese friday, and saturday, along with garlic chips i got saturday, and an apache pizza today. and cake.. im in for it tuesday evening girlies hahaha!

youre all doing really! :)

Only young once girl!! Don't regret a bit or a bite! Best of luck to you!:D

Hi all. This week going well enough.....no big dramas. Lots of exercise, there or there abouts on the points. Not finding the going too tough so far this week. No really bad munchie day yet. Made some soup today for the first time in a while. Yummy. Nice after a break from it. Hope you are all having a good week......some better than others edgedinblue..........good luck all.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rubyrua

Hi all, I'm back in ww after a little lay-off, more determined this time!! I've lost 6 lbs in the last four wks (i know its good to lose but i'm impatient!!:rolleyes: want it all to be gone quick!) weighing in at 12 st 2.5lbs an think i'd be happy if i got to 11st 7lbs (thats my aim - i'm 5ft 10in by the way)... jst wanted to know how ppl manage ww when the have social events coming up - nxt wkend i'm on a hen party an i'm really nervous as while i want to enjoy myself it is going to be two days \ two nites eating out etc...
    anyone have any hints on wat i could do to avoid puttin on weight?? I'm going to walk myself into the ground this wk before it! an i'm gonna try save 4-5 pts a day (hopefully) but its gonna be tough :o anyone else ever find this?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ashy R

hey all :) my WI on Thursday night went well...i had 1 and 1/2 lb off :D was delighted thats a total of 29lb

Hadnt a great weekend friends home from Manchester and friends over for donner and what not so im back at it today. Hope to anyway

Rubyrua as for social events you can do it.....Ya holding back up to four points a day is a good idea....and maybe try and get some exercise in to gain bonus points
    If you drink Vodka then Vodka and a Diet drink should only have 1pt.
    Or low beer ....

Food can be hard but dont forget we all deserve a treat and WW isnt about giving up what you love. Its just to be more in control of what you eat.....Maybe have soup starters, salads with dressing on side,
    All dinners try and have sauce on side...what i do is order something alot but know im in control and i dont finish it all :D sounds harder than it is ....and you can skip dessert or have something small or what i would do ( As the women are supportive) share a dessert with one of your friends.....
    Enjoy the weekend

Good luck to everyone else x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement