Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lassy

pigtail wrote: »
    Hello everyone, i hope u dont mind me joining your group....im just starting back at weight watchers tonight and im hoping i could get help and support from this site. Just a bit about myself....im 28 years old and have to lose round 1.5 - 2 stone. Ive been with ww before, lost few pound and got bored, hope i have the will power this time :mad:

hi pigtail
    yesterday was my first time too and i am going to try to lose
    the same as you im 31 years old and my time with weight watchers did not last to long eather so finger s crossed
    best of luck
    lassy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 yellowbrickroad

Hey Everyone

I'm confused, each time i started ww, i do really well for the first 3 weeks, then it stops and i end up getting bloated and sometimes put on a pound or two, and my leader says you have to walk more, i'm only about 5 ft nothing and weight 14.9 stone, so if i started off walking for half hour each day to lose the first stone say, does that mean i will end up walking for like 6 hours by the time i get down to say 9 stone, i'm confused and feel a bit dizzy ,as in dopey about this:o can someone explain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Purple.Rain

Hey Everyone

I'm confused, each time i started ww, i do really well for the first 3 weeks, then it stops and i end up getting bloated and sometimes put on a pound or two, and my leader says you have to walk more, i'm only about 5 ft nothing and weight 14.9 stone, so if i started off walking for half hour each day to lose the first stone say, does that mean i will end up walking for like 6 hours by the time i get down to say 9 stone, i'm confused and feel a bit dizzy ,as in dopey about this:o can someone explain?

I started walking 10 mins and have built it up to 40 mins since i started WW in January .... 6 hours walking :eek: I dont think id be able for that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

i do really well for the first 3 weeks,
    What do you mean by "doing well" i.e. in terms of lbs loss? I think many have too high an expectation, esp. after seeing initial losses which can be dramatic. You will lose water weight at first quite easily, but remember doctors & nutritionists recommend a max FAT loss of 1-2lb per week. Personally I initially lost 0.5lb per week and was very pleased with that, since it is easier to live with (i.e. I never went hungry) and it does not mess up your metabolism which can lead to yo-yo dieting.

After you lose the water weight in the first few weeks you can expect to slow down, as from then on you are losing fat. Also if you are usually sedentary and take up exercise, especially resistance/weight exercise you can be building muscle at the same time, regaining muscle you have lost over the years. I would highly recommend tracking other things other than just your weight, take photos, take measurements, find some well washed preshrunk jeans which will act as tape measures all down your legs or a non-stretchy top. I lift weights and remained a steady 12stone for about a year, but was losing fat all that time.

It is best to keep track of your overall losses too, if you go up 1 week just calculate your average weight loss from your first day, if this is 0.5lb per week or more then you are still doing perfectly well. I can fluctuate up to 4lb very easily depending on how hydrated I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

Just back from my Wi and down 4.5 lb. Really trilled. I didnt expect to lose that so it was a real bonus. Down 1st 5lb so far and I am so proud pf myself. This time I am much more together and pick myself up after any little blips. Hope to be down another stone by christmas.

Welcome to all the all the newbies, lots of advice and support here.
    Bst of luck to all who still have WI's and well done to all the losers and keep going to anyone who didnt get the hoped for result.

C x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

hey well done everyone and carolinespring that is great 4.5 down.

I lost 2 pounds this week so that is 13.5 pounds so far! but bit down since didnt reach 14 to be down a stone! but next week should be good then and get my next silver 7!! Since finishing college and over a week in the job and the two boys i am wrecked! but still eating well and I am drinking loads more water so that has to be good. I go to a later meeting now which is grand. just delighted i am sticking with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!!

hope everyone is having great WI's this week!!

I was delighted to have lost the 2lbs i put on last week so im back to where i was when i got my 3rd silver 7 two weeks ago:rolleyes:

Im on two week hols from work this week and next week didnt manage to get away anywhere but have been keeping busy wasat the zoo for the fir5st time in years yesterday:Dand went up to belfast and newry today.I got myself one of those step counters and have been watching my steps everyday!!

foodwise its been an ok week so far however i got a prepacked wrap yesterday thinking i was taking the "good option" i wrote down the kcal and sat fat and calculated the points when i got home and to my horror the wrap worked out at 7 points!!:eek::eek::eek: i was genuniely shocked as the wrap only had some tiny pieces of chicken lettuce and some tomato and it barely had any mustard type sauce on it:eek::eek: it just goes to show how much of a difference there is in various prepacked foods:eek::eek:

anyway sorry for the long post welcome to all the newbies best of luck with your weight loss its all downwards from here on in:D:D:D

well done to everyone with losses this week and chin up to those who didnt get what they wanted theres always next week:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi there

How are we all doing??

Well done on the losses this week and to those who gained or remained chin up tomorrows a new day ;)

I was thrilled to see i lost 2.5lbs this week...Im going to try stick to another good week this week gym and food wise..!!

Have tracked in advance and scheduled in the gym, have also committed myself to some skipping in the evenings at home..its meant to be very good!! No drinks again this weekend either..im broke and really want to avoid the hangover anyways :D:D...!!

Day 1 yday went well no exercise tho going to gym from work today so that should keep the spirits up for the weekend..!!

Best of luck with the week ahead people !! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

2nd weigh in down 6 pounds this week... 8 in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

ive been very bold,on20/8 i was down 3.5lbs,on 27/8 i was up 1lb and on 3/9 i was up half,so what did i do didn`t go at all this thurs thinking i`ll get back on track,but i can`t! everyone else seems to be gettin on so well!:confused:what can i do?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

hollyhock wrote: »
    ive been very bold,on20/8 i was down 3.5lbs,on 27/8 i was up 1lb and on 3/9 i was up half,so what did i do didn`t go at all this thurs thinking i`ll get back on track,but i can`t! everyone else seems to be gettin on so well!:confused:what can i do?:confused:

We all fall off the wagon sometimes, tomorrow is a new day so start afresh. I have had a awful 2 days foodwise, all junk but back on the wagon tomorrow. Shopping done for the week and no junk, all lovely fresh healthy food.

Jules, that is great. Well done.

thanks caorlinespring,it`ll have to be mon morn for a new start cas 2day wasn`t good either!hopefully i`ll be in right frame of mind!cheers x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi all

Well done on all the losses this week!! Caroline you are doing fab :)

I was down 3lbs this week im delighted with myself I had a really bad weekend though so really going for a full good week this week!

Has your leaders spoke to you about Goals?

My aim is 7lbs a month so my September goal is to get my first stone!

Start Weight - 14st 12lbs
    Current Weight - 14st 3lbs

September Goal - 13st 12 lbs

Left to do - 5lbs

Do any of you have similar? maybe we could post our goals up here!

x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

Hey All,

I'm thinking about joining my local WW meeting. Really need some motivation, feel like I've been on a constant diet for the last few years, though obviously I haven't since I need to lose weight!!!

Went to WW early last year, I did find it motivating enough but never had time to stay for the talks or anything - do you find them informative / motivating?

I was 11st 11.5lb when I joined last year, was 11st 2lb when I stopped going (I'm only 5ft 5), no clue what I am now, scales scare me! Don't think I'm as high as when I joined first, but I'd just die if I went back and found out I am!

Hoping to lose at least a stone for Christmas so need to start asap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ashy R

Hello all

Newbie here :-) so delighted to see all of this.....great motivation....Delighted. Iv been at ww for about 18 weeks now....iv lost 27 and 1/2 pounds. The only problem is the past two weeks iv been so bad...just went back into my old ways. I didnt go to my weigh in last week because i knew i had weight on. Bold i know. But i said oh il stay home and do really well this week and get it off. But never the less i was even worse. So i have to go back on Thur and face the music. But this thread has made me realise im not the only one out there and there is so much support. Actually looking forward to Weigh in now and to start all over. Have all food listed and weighed for today so fingers crossed
    Look forward to talking again

Hollyhock :-) we are in the same boat at the mo and we can do it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

Down 2lbs! Woo! Could have been even better if I didn't have 3 takeaways over the weekend and a lot of alcohol. Exercise is my Saviour.

I'm 5 pounds from my goal weight now. I am considering an alcohol-free weekend just to try get it before I get back to college. (2 weeks)

This is the lightest I have been since I was a young teenager and I feel great! Keep up the hard work everybody, it really is worth it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Hi everyone!

Well done on all the hard work! I'm finally back on the losing tracks after a few months of not losing any weight. the last 2 weeks I've lost 6 lbs so I'm happy! Hopefully will have lost more this week. I've lost a total of 46lbs since April 08 so I'm getting there slowly! I still have about 80 lbs to go so it has been a long slog so to speak. It does get very disheartening at times cause I've come so far but I still have so far to go... so hopefully I'll be down some more by Sat morning for the weigh in! My goal is to be down 10 lbs by 25th October for my birthday so hopefully! :)

Awe well done starflake :-) delighted for you ...back on the band wagon again....i fell off there for a couple of weeks but yesterday decided no way will i let this beat me again. So im happy again and back on track for my weigh in on Thur. I know i may have weight on but at least im going back. This is where i always failed. Keep it up :-) let us know how your weigh goes

Well done siobhanoh wow what i would give to have 2 lb gone for Thur haha. I may be up but i havent been good for two weeks and didnt go for my weigh last week because i knew id have weight on....and thought i would get rid if it but of course i was ten times worse. So i started back full hog yesterday and i have my weigh in on Thur. Fingers crossed

Made the butternut squash soup last night and to my surprise it was really nice. And 0 points. I was getting a bit fed up of the 0 point veg soup. Good luck today everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi everyone. I've been avoiding setting foot in this thread for weeks :o:o I fell off the wagon in a major way. I posted a while ago that I was doing exams and was taking a few weeks off but it's been about 4 weeks and it's been 4 very BAD weeks! I weighed myself this morning and I think I've gone up about half a stone :eek::eek::eek: I'm facing the music with my WI tonight and am going to give myself a kick up the arse. I'm really looking forward to getting back into it, I've become sluggish again over the past few weeks from eating crap and drinking so much, I'm craving feeling good about myself and about what I'm eating.

I'm going on holidays in 2 and a half weeks and I'm going to enjoy myself when I'm over there and not worry about WW too much, but I need to go back before hols because if I didn't then I know things would just spiral out of control and I'd just not bother going back at all!!

itsallaboutme are you still going to aquafit? I saw your sig and you've lost so much, well done!! I'm dying to get back into aquafit but I'm finding it difficult to get the motivation, because now that I'm not staying back to study after work, I couldn't be arsed hanging around Blanch until 8.30 :o I'm going to leave it until after holidays and hopefully go back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all,

after my great week last week..my great intentions for this week failed miserably..!! thurs and fri were ok..sat nite had few drinks and munched my way thru crap and sunday i died wit a hangover and had a fat day..den yday i felt so ****ty with this dam flu that I had a comfort luch and dinner.. an no gym! Had every intention of going gym today but im in an even worse condition with flu and honestly think il die if i go :( so run dwn..! I no il be up tamo at WI yet again...yo yo ing so much lately but have to WI anyways ya no!

Well dons siobhanoh..if id had 3 takeaways id really pay for it on scales fair play to you..keep it going!

Welcome Ashy hope you enjoy the thread, your back on track no so Good luck wit WI

Same goes for all WI..

CHin up ;)xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Hi Everyone,

Was down 1.5lbs at weigh in this week! Thats 47.5lb total or 3st 5.5lb.

For everybody thats on track well done and keep going!! You are doing amazing! For those that have fallen off the wagon or are not having a great week it is never too late to turn it around!! Keep positive and keep plugging away!!

J xox

Hello to all hope your all having good WI's this week!!!

I was down another 1lb this week was happy enough a loss is a loss at the end of the day!

im on track this week so far though I went to glendalough yesterday with the OH and we went on what i thought was going to be a nice relaxing long walk!!Well it was definately long!! we set out on one of the marked out treks and it took us up hundreds of VERY steep wooden steps and accross the top of a mountain and then back down the other side!! There were some stages i thought i was going to die climbing!! anyway it took us about 3hours to hike the whole trek and im delighted i did it saw some amazing scenery and with a bit of luck that will help me out for a loss next week;)

ibarelycare-welcome back! hope your exams went well:) I am still going to aquafit missed last nite though was just too tired from my day out!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:hoping to get to it tomorrow though!! I would be the very same about hanging around for class too I doubt it will make much of a difference but its been moved to quarter past 8 now instead of half past and we are finished by 9. good luck at your meeting tonight anyway,enjoy the hols and hopefully see ya in class when your back:)

got back on track yesterday and not too bad 2day! walked both evenings and aerobics 2moro nite so i`ll go on thurs nite too! bite the bullet and at least i`ll know where i stand!:rolleyes:14 weeks to xmas from fri so we`ll keep chippin away nicley and won`t beat ourselves up over it! its amazing that when you are eating better and exersising that you feel far better but still we let old demons sneak in and throw you off ur stride!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Had my dreaded WI last night and was up 5lbs!! Eeek! Ah well, I've 2 WIs before my holidays so I'm making it my aim to have those 5lbs off by then. Already feeling better about myself, just because I know I'm getting back on track!

Good luck to everyone else this week :)

Hello all :)

Well done " its all about me" love the name by the way

Hollyhock....well done getting back on track ..i done the same on Monday and i feel great

Jwacqui......once again your words of wisdom are a great help :D thanks a million...and your doing fantastic well done

Shellybelly....i hope your week going good....dont worry about the weekend we all do it ;) but we all know what we have to do

I Barelycare....its good to get back at it.....this thread is a great help...really loving it

Iv even started my own thread to try and encourage me called Weight watchers works for me :D fingers crosses

Good luck to all in WI ....

Oh can anyone tell me how much a rich tea biscuit is? :(

Thanks

ive got the dunnes own brand rich tea and i have them worked out as 1pt per biscuit they are great for with a cup of tea!

that is where i seem to slip up alot i have to have something with my cup of tea and i drink alot of tea:eek::eek::D:D maybe thats where i should cut back:rolleyes: less tea = less naughty treats:D

anyway i thought id share a little trick my leader shared at our meting yesterday which i found quite good.

if you take a bread roll (the one up from a petite pan think its a demi baguette??:confused:) its worth 6pts if i remember correctly BUT if you scrape out the dough from the inside the points drop by 2.5 so your roll ends up as 3.5!!

i thought this was a great idea as i love a crispy roll full of salad and low point slices of ham but i could never justify using 6pts on just the roll before any filling went in!!!

anyway hope im not the only one who didnt know about this trick but i had to share it coz i thought it was a great idea:D best of luck to all this week:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi All. Had a funny week. Points went off the charts two days but got in loads of excercise. Had a weekend seminar with the grub included. Was gorgeous. The meals were fine but I pigged out on desserts. Will be interesting to see how it goes at WI tonight. Keep the fingers crossed for me. Will be depressed:( if I go up because I am really battling for every ounce of down.

On the other hand the gym thing is going really well for me. Weight aside, I can actually see a hint of definition on my arms already. Amazing stuff for someone who has been diagnosed.....by myself of course......with a lifelong allergy to excercise. Really, really enjoying that end of things.

Oh yes, tried Butternut Squash chips. I will never feel deprived again. Thanks for that tip girls and guys.

Okay off I go to WI. If I ever felt like giving it a miss this is the week but I am afraid of where that might lead! 1 week....2 weeks....never???

Post later.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

had my wi last night, down 2.5pounds woot! delighted after my half pound i lost last week. :mad: got chinese dinner this weekend and drinks (its ma birfday! woot) so we'll see how that goes at wi next week!

good luck guys n gals! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Hi everyone,

Weighed in this evening and was down another pound and a half.

I'm so happy. That's 1st 8.5lbs gone and only 1st 5.5lbs left to go :D:D:D

My next goal is to get 3.5lbs off so that I reach a healthy BMI for the first time in I don't know how many years!

Oh and this week I managed to get my running speed up to 10km per hour which was another goal of mine :D:D (ok so I only managed 1km at that speed and the rest was at 9km/ph but I'm getting there lol). I can't believe that last Christmas I couldn't even run a lap of the small green area beside my house without my heart coming out of my chest and now I'm managing to run up to 8km in one session.

Loving the new me :D:D:D

Good luck with this next week everyone. Hope it's a good one.

• Advertisement

Hi Itsallaboutme thanks for that :) jeeze i went over board eating then haha but who would think i point in that when they so plain and small :mad:
    We all need a treat and thanks for the tip on the rolls :)

HI Misspiggy hope your WI went well :D good luck this week

Well done Edgeinblue hope i do as well in my WI tonight

Hey Journey well done to you too

Wow ye are all doing so well......my WI is tonight and iv had two very bad weeks......i got back on track on Monday and iv been very very good so fingers crossed :p

Chat soon

Good luck everyone.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement