Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey there...

Thanks for that doctorwhogirl i will defo be given them a try!! :D:D

Pleased to report that my week is going welll...staying within the points (doing fast start )...well attemptin it anyways :) And iv had two good sessions in gym...Bought a skipping rope yday too going to use it before work tamo as wont make the gym!! Hoping i can really kick start myself into the WW way again!! God knows i need it!!

Hope you are all enjoying the weekend..Oh an ihear its to be a scorcher come Sept 7th"!!:D:D We will see how true that is!!:D It will give us al a boost to get up and get out whooo!!

Onwards and Downwards ladies n gents..:D:D xx

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi everybody. How is this week coming along? I am half way through my WW week.

I did have a chicken burger last night:eek:.........the first one in years.....wow did it taste good. I enjoyed every bit of it. So I can't say I regretted it in the least. Have had a couple of below points days so I should still be fine.....(remind me I said That if I am whining on Wednesday night.)

Also have cranked up the gym a bit this week. I am really getting to like that part of things......never thought I would see the day. Still very cautious about trying new things but am working my way around to everything.

I am hoping for two pounds this week which is a big ask but it would get me to 10.5 stone where I have not been in an awfully long time. Last week's loss took me back 3 years weight wise which I was so pleased about. I just hope I can keep my head in the game for another couple of months to reach goal. Sometimes I am really focused and then I just lose it for no apparent reason. The only good thing is that I keep the really dangerous stuff out of the house completely now.

Good luck all.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Fair play Miss Piggy! I'm cooking for myself this week so god only knows how I'll get on dinner wise.

It's so great when you get to a weigh you haven't been in years.

I haven't been this weight (even though I'm still heavy, but still!) in about 7/8 years. It's great! Had to throw out all my old work clothes as they don't fit anymore! :eek:

Onwards and downwards! :)

A big thumbs up to you DWG. Yes it feels great. Also I am back to my class next weekend....mature student thing...and am feeling so confident. At the end of last year it was all baggy tops etc to hide my three spare tyres! (Okay they are still there but they are motor bike tyres now not tractor tyres!!)

Although I have lost a bit I still haven't gone down a size in my clothes though. I hear people saying a stone or a stone and a half represents a size but I am still a 14. Of course all of me is inside the clothes now where there was a large degree of overflow before:(. Long may it last.

Of course all of me is inside the clothes now where there was a large degree of overflow before:(. Long may it last.

God bless you MissPiggy! It took me a long time to admit that! I was thinking to myself: 'God, I haven't really gone down a size on my bottom. But I had really, only I had been SQUEEZING myself into the same size for years, when I was really a bigger size!

Same with my bust size! Thought I hadn't gotten any smaller there (and I'd really like to!) until I looked at a picture of myself and realised that I had been *ahem* busting out of the bra this time last year!! hahaha! I am now properly that size, not just squashed into that size! Took me awhile to admit that to myself though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jo0380733

Hi everyone! hope ye all doing well, I was down 0.5 pounds last wednesday. Went to wdding yesterday and didnt do too badly!! my brother had his 8th birthday party today and had a slice of cake but was within my poins, hope to get to a stone lost this wednesday so need to be down 2.5 pounds fingers crossed!! good luck to all the WI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i have completly fallen off the wagon this week :( two takeaways and sweet f-all exercise.. dreading tuesdays WI :( ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
    damn these bad weeks, i blame going back to college stress

• Registered Users Posts: 14 itsmytime

Hi All,

had a great night on Sat night. Went to see the script play in Killarney. I was very good with my food choices(Salmon and Salad)and even left some on the plate, I was full. However it was the drink that I didn't manage so well. I started off with Bulmers Light and had a few bottles. Later I had vodkas and diet coke or with tonic water. Good choices, but I had quiet a few.

Had a nice healthy breakfast in the hotel the following morning(poached egg and grilled tomoato, baked hash brown. That was it until 8pm in the evening when the carb craving kicked in. I crumbled and had a portion of onion rings from Eddie rockets:(

Anyone any ideas on how many points these are? I am not too worried because I would have still been within my points allowance.

Need to hit the gym hard this evening to try and undo any damage done over the weekend. I really want to see a loss on those scales this week;)

Hit the gym today. Was delighted with myself!! :D

1.5 pounds till the silver seven and I'd love to get it this week! here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all hope you all had a great weekend!!!

My week went pretty good was under my points by about 2-2.5 most days. got in a few good walks and am hitting the aquafit with a bang this evening so im hoping to see a loss on the scales in the morning:eek:

The only thing i am slightly worried about is what i ate on saturday. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast 2pts and then another bowl for lunch, i dont usually do this but i was in a hurry and needed something quick, and besides i love cereal!!:p anyway that evening then i caved and had a small trio with boiled rice instead of fried. i was ondering does nayone have any idea how many points in one of those???? i had n othing to eat then after that so im hoping i will be ok:eek::eek::eek:

anyway we shall see what happens in the morning good luck to all with WI this week:):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey there

Glad to hear the positivity from some of you its great and its exactly the way iv been this week..!! Iv really tried no alcohol no takeaways no over points and 3 gym sessions so far so im really hoping for a loss...2lbs and id be happy and try again for same next WI ya no...

Itsallaboutme..i really wudn worry two much about the trio, you only used 4 points all day before den so surely the rest would have been enjoyed on your trio! Chin up im sure ul do great in the morning!! :D Same for you itsmytime im sure your points allowance that day will have covered the onion rings!! :D Keep up the good wrk!!

Still cant manage to go back to my actual class this week work keeps getting in the way!! So il be WI in Abbey Street on Weds!!

Best of luck for WIs everyone!!! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭siobhanoh

I went to my WI last night and I was up 1.5lbs, not surprising at all. I really have to try behave at the weekends! I can be so good all week and then I just completely let loose at the weekend. I didn't weigh in last week and I'd say I was up about half a stone after a wedding, my 21st and a sunday session, and about 6 takeaways *shame* (all in one long weekend!). So to be only up 1.5 this week isn't too bad. But to think I earned nearly 40 activity points and still managed to go up! Just shows how much I eat! Love my exercise and love my food!!

Also my leader asked me to change my goal weight because it seemed a bit unrealistic. It was another Stone and a half away but I am perfectly happy the way I am at size ten now so we set it for just another half stone away. Quite determined now that the goal weight seems achievable but I just seem to never be able to go below the weight I am now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Purple.Rain

Hi All

Just a quick question ...has anyone ever changed leaders during their weightloss journey ..im sure some have ...

I joined last Jan and have lost over 4 stone ...im thrilled and have enjoyed every bit of it ... but my friend that comes with me lost 2 stone and reached her goal ...we had a cover leader and she amended my friends goal as she felt she had lost enough ...so on return of our leader she wasnt happy and was pretty rude to my friend ... almost as if she didnt deserve her goal ....

My own goal weight is very low and id be happier not to go to that weight but i cant imagine my leader would be willing to change it ...

Sorry for the rant ... i just feel a little unsure as to whether changing would affect my weight loss .....

any advice would be great ...

Just enjoying some zero point soup ....cant believe im back making soup ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Hi all

This has probably been posted before but I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread:o How long do you have to wait after having a baby to join back to WW? If anyone can help cheers. Haven't had the baby yet(4 weeks to go) but am dying to lose the weight for good. Need to lose about 3-4 stone I reckon:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

i think youve to wait near 2months? maybe im totally wrong, but my auntie was on about rejoining after she had her baby pretty much a month or so afterwards!

had my WI this evening, after such a bad week (3 takeaways, nibbling on crap food, TOM) i was down only 0.5lbs! was a little bit disheartened its to be expected i guess, but then i realised the week i had, and was glad i lost something. starting from square one tomorrow. hopefully i can get back on track this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

ziggy23 wrote: »
    Hi all

This has probably been posted before but I'm too lazy to look through the whole thread:o How long do you have to wait after having a baby to join back to WW? If anyone can help cheers. Haven't had the baby yet(4 weeks to go) but am dying to lose the weight for good. Need to lose about 3-4 stone I reckon:eek:

Hi,

You can join WW after your 6week check up!

God luck with the baby and the weightloss :D

J x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Hi,

You can join WW after your 6week check up!

God luck with the baby and the weightloss :D

J x

Thanks a mil:D

People have been sayin the weight will fall off me with a newborn to look after so please god it does;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Hi everyone. Apologies if you've already had this idea but I haven't read the whole thread. Here's a great 0 points snack for when you're hungry but can't afford to spend your points.

Butternut Squash Chips

Preheat the oven to 210 degrees celcius.

You will need:

1 butternut squash
    Low calorie spray
    Rock salt

Microwave your squash for 3 minutes to soften it. Then peel it, de-seed it and cut it into chips. Lay on a baking tray, spray with low calorie cooking spray and roast in a pre-heated oven for approx 45 minutes. They are done when they are crispy and browned at the egdes. Nutritious and yum!

Had these last night with 5 points worth of steak, was so happy and full I got a little teary-eyed.

We need a 'Genius low point recipe' thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Silverfish wrote: »
    Had these last night with 5 points worth of steak, was so happy and full I got a little teary-eyed.

We need a 'Genius low point recipe' thread!

I agree!!! in the WW mag the winning letter was from a lady who is doing come dine with me evenings and everything has to be under 10 points! would love to see some of your recipes..

I love the BN Fries too they are fab and so filling! they remind me of home made chips!

just wondering what heat you cook them on? i tend to cook them on a high heat(200'c) and they are done quickly but also burn sometimes! should i have them on a lower heat for longer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

HI all,

Have my WI in about half an hour and i am thinking if defo going to be up! had a relly bad weekend, although i went to the gym 4 times but still thinking the food might out weigh the goodness :(

wish me luck

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

lots2lose wrote: »
    I agree!!! in the WW mag the winning letter was from a lady who is doing come dine with me evenings and everything has to be under 10 points! would love to see some of your recipes..

I love the BN Fries too they are fab and so filling! they remind me of home made chips!

just wondering what heat you cook them on? i tend to cook them on a high heat(200'c) and they are done quickly but also burn sometimes! should i have them on a lower heat for longer?

Don't know, boyfriend does all the cooking and he reckons he can perfect them so I'll report back.

weight.png

Half a pound down. Really can't get my head around that. Had a good week apart from my chicken burger which was overall well within points. Anyhow I suppose it all must even out as I did better last week than I had expected. Good luck all. Hope you got on well Snukums.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lassy

hi all,
    im new to the thred . have ben going to weight watchers on and off for years and have allways don well.But after my 2nd child im lost . went back after the 2nd child but i did not last to long . now im about 6 pound heaver and worried that if i dont do something now ill be very sorry . my days are filled up with work/ two kids and the rest i couldnt make weight watcher meetings . I have lost the motavation to lose weight please help from lassy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 pigtail

Hello everyone, i hope u dont mind me joining your group....im just starting back at weight watchers tonight and im hoping i could get help and support from this site. Just a bit about myself....im 28 years old and have to lose round 1.5 - 2 stone. Ive been with ww before, lost few pound and got bored, hope i have the will power this time :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Snukums

Hi Guys

Well im down 1.5 pounds :) was delighted with myself down half a stone in 2 weeks got a lil silver 7 :P
    Congrats on the half pound misspiggy a loss is a loss :)

Good luck everyone

Hi Pigtail. You are very welcome. I find the posts here a great inspiration and I hope you do too.

Lassy, I know it is really hard to find the time for the classes and all. Also it is a commitment to make the right food for yourself. I was always last in line here (after hubby and three kids) to say what was going to be on the menu for the day.:( I have said before that I even felt sometimes that I was only getting the leftovers! But now I plan the evening before what I am going to have and I really try to make it nutritious and tasty. Mostly the rest of the crew get that too but sometimes it is just for me. Lots of water, zero calorie soups and jelly are great fillers. With two little ones you really need to have your energy and not let yourself get hungry and cross. One of the girls at class says she does all the little dances with the characters on the kids TV programmes to help her excercise. Look at how you can fit the excercise into your life for now if you are tight for time. I really hope it works out for you. You are so right that it can slip up pound by pound until you have a mountain instead of a hill to climb. So the very best of luck.

Well done Snukums! Isn't the little bit of bling fantastic!! My little fella keeps asking me did I get a 'Silber Seben' when I get back from class. It is gas how they are all into this healthy eating now that it has been introduced.

Good luck all.

Hi all,

had my weigh in Last night, and I was up 1/2lb:rolleyes:. I was expecting it to be honest. Even though I worked hard in gym all week, I think that work really limited the damage I had done the weekend away. So I was happy it was only half a pound.

Focused now for this week, work hard, eat well and looking forward to a loss next wednesday. Gotta keep the chin up, it's so easy to let a gain drag ya down for the whole week and then it's even harder to get back on track.

Only thing is I have a slight sore back. Recently bought a kettlebell, 12kg and I reckon it's way too heavy for me. Worked out with it on Tuesday, and since my back has been killing me. I am worried also because I have signed up for Bootcamp in Limerick and it starts Monday.

Has anyone done bootcamp in Limerick before? If so, any comments or reviews would be great. I'm a bit nervous:o

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Hi Ladies (& gents?!) there were 1 or 2 abusive posts in some other threads- if you see any do not respond/reply to the person just report the post- to do this at the left side of each post under the user's name is a little red & white triangle like a road sign, click on this and the moderators are notified and we can delete the post and ban the user.
    itsmytime wrote: »
    Only thing is I have a slight sore back. Recently bought a kettlebell, 12kg and I reckon it's way too heavy for me. Worked out with it on Tuesday, and since my back has been killing me.
    I would have recommended adjustable dumbbells before a fixed weight kettlebell, since you could slowly increase your strength & weights. This set is good http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3008243/Trail/searchtext%3E20KG.htm or you could get the full 50kg set which is better value in the long run. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9003204/Trail/searchtext%3E50KG.htm

Do not be put off by the weight, it is a lot but you will eventually be lifting it, in the fitness forum somebody's mother has the 50kg set and you can check out womens fitness logs to see what they are up to. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=839
    This site is good and aimed at women www.stumptuous.com

itsmytime- Is there any chance of you exchanging the kettlebell? if not its no worry, you will "grow into it".

what sort of a pain is it? did it come on all of a sudden or did it only begin to slowly get worse the next day or hours later. There is a normal pain/soreness called DOMs (delayed onset muscle soreness). If I do heavy squats I can have DOMs for up to 4 days after, but it is a dull sore pain, not sharp or severe. If you ever feel a sudden pain you should stop immediately. If you did have such a pain you might want to see a physio if it persists, people in the fitness forum could recommend one. Normal DOMs will last 1-3days.

It is very important to have correct form/technique when using weights, even moreso with kettlebells. People tend to swing them more and since they are accelerating and decelerating the forces invovled can be a lot more than the actual 12kg weight. i.e. if you swung it up high and let it down quick then it is like somebody dropping it and you catching it, it has far more force. I have been lifting wieghts for a few years but would still be wary of swinging kettlebell movements. They do have workshops in some counties, and there might be instruction videos on youtube, but I would only see ones recommended by others since many are idiots filming themselves using terrible dangerous techniques.

Thanks Rubadub.

I have been using dumbells and gym weights for a while now. I think it may be my technique. My partner said to wait and he would show me the right way, but I jumped into it straight away on my own:(

In relation to the pain, It really is just DOMS. It is not so bad today, just that dull ache. Nothing happened right away, it was just the day afterwards. Had a long soak in the bath last night.

I just got annoyed because I couldn't do the gym yesterday and I have a spin class this evening that I might end up missing. I will see how it is later today and just keep stretching it out. if I sit for a while it just stiffens up again. But once I am up and about it's not too bad. I have a heat pack on it at the moment, and that helps.

I noticed last night that there is a programme on one of the sky fitness channels that have kettlebell workouts. So I am going to invest in a lighter one for the time being and work with that.

Thanks a mill for all the advice;), definately will not be jumping into anything without preparation the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lassy

misspiggy40
    thanks a mill sounds like a grate thing to do will give it a go . got on the scails last night 79.4 kg felt very sad but i went for a hour walk this morning and had a good
    chat with my sellf .working for the weekend so makeing the best of the weather . thanks for your info dont feel so alone now
    best of luck to all
    lassy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement