Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

mkhall wrote: »
    I've been looking for weight watchers pizza products for months. I've tried all of the larger Tescos (merrion, dundrum, etc) and Cornelscourt Dunnes and even tried Tesco extra in Arklow with no avail. I live in Rathmines and have tried all local stores but no luck there either. Has anyone been able to find them? Thanks!!! :)

Megan

Don't know where you'll find the WW pizzas but Marks and Spencers do Count on Us Pizzas and they're only 5 1/2 points each - the ham and mushroom one is scrumdiddly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lots2lose

Hi All,

I havent been on much as its been so busy in work and I also had a few bad weeks ( when i say bad i mean really bad!) I missed 2 meetings and was on the verge of giving up I just couldnt seem to stop myself eating the wrong things and my motivation was ZERO

Finally went back to WW last week and I was up 2lbs, I was in the meeting listening to all the losses talking about how much they lost and how long it was taking I think it gave me the kick up the bum I needed and I decided to go for it!!

I have been doing aqua the last 4 weeks and I love it so this week on Monday I done a Power Yoga class and was sweating buckets (according to WW mag this is a good form of exercise for people with an apple shape aka me!) Tueday i had a walk and Wed I did Aqua - I also done something I havent done in ages TRACKED EVERYTHING! even days i was over (and there were a few) it didnt matter I tracked it instead of guessing, I drank my 2litres water and tried to stick within my points.

Went to WI at lunchtime today and I was down 5.5lbs!!!! I am so delighted I could of cried after hovering around the 7-9lbs mark for weeks and weeks i'm finally over the hump!!!

I'm really going to try get that stone for next week i've just booked flights to see my Boyfriend ( he is currently in Spain for a year) and am really gonna go for it over the next few weeks!

Its 11 weeks to christmas lets go for it everyone!! if I can have a good week anyone can!

Hope your all well :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Well done that is a fantastic result! Keep going! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi All. Been MIA for a bit. But have been dropping in here to keep up with everyone, its great to read all the good news, sounds strange but it really makes my day when I read the gr8 results people are getting. I'm going to start back again nxt week and that is only due to here, so this weekend I'm gonna clear out the presses (again) and fill em with the right stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

;)hi all,down .5lb on thurs,thats 4.5 lbs in last 3 weeks.motavation lacking a bit in last 3 days,over in points. will have to pull back if i want results next thurs!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Hey all! Congrats on all the losses! I lost 1.5 on Thurs. After my weekend away I was over the moon! Onwards and downwards now! Can't wait to break into my new stone!!! 6 pounds to go! :D

Just wondering how many points there would be in average in a small homemade bun! The mammy made them and I've just had one (it was lovely!)

They're made with margerine. Not a huge amount and it was over a batch of over a dozen buns? Would just like a guideline figure!!
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

Hey all! Congrats on all the losses! I lost 1.5 on Thurs. After my weekend away I was over the moon! Onwards and downwards now! Can't wait to break into my new stone!!! 6 pounds to go! :D

Just wondering how many points there would be in average in a small homemade bun! The mammy made them and I've just had one (it was lovely!)

They're made with margerine. Not a huge amount and it was over a batch of over a dozen buns? Would just like a guideline figure!!
    Thanks!

it's really difficult to point the buns without the recipe , ask your mum for the ingredients for the whole batch, point it up in total and divide by the amount of buns you get from the mix. my bun mixture comes in at 2.5 pts per bun

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hey DWG. Well done on your loss again. You must be reading my mind on the buns. I did a quick calc on them yesterday and this is how my recipe goes. Using real sugar and margerine 3.5 pts each. Using Low Low and real sugar 2.5 points each. Using Canderel and low low 1.75 points. However, I haven't actually made them using the canderel so I can't vouch for how they would come out!!!! But I do love home baking. They are so small though for that many points. I was very sad:(. I am going to check out egg sponges but haven't done it yet. I guess they would have to be lower.....but then there is not much bite in them either.

Good luck.;)

Pippacoo wrote: »
    I am having trouble with my maintenance plan. I was on 21 points and i have now reached my goal weight. I gave up going to weight watchers and now I have many questions.. I have added an extra 5 points to my daily allowance.. Is this correct?:o

When I was on maintenance I got a new book each week about how to keep the weight off. go back to the meeting and your leader will give them to you. When you are at your goal weight you don't have to pay so I think keeping up the weighing in keeps you on the straight and narrow. I got to goal 3 times and then stopped going to my meetings as i thought I could do it on my own and put the weight back on. I am 8 lbs off goal again and am determined to keep going to meetings.

Hey DWG. Well done on your loss again. You must be reading my mind on the buns. I did a quick calc on them yesterday and this is how my recipe goes. Using real sugar and margerine 3.5 pts each. Using Low Low and real sugar 2.5 points each. Using Canderel and low low 1.75 points. However, I haven't actually made them using the canderel so I can't vouch for how they would come out!!!! But I do love home baking. They are so small though for that many points. I was very sad:(. I am going to check out egg sponges but haven't done it yet. I guess they would have to be lower.....but then there is not much bite in them either.

Good luck.;)

I have a nice recipe for scones if you like to bake. I usually get 14 from each batch so they come in at 2pts each. They also freeze very well.

Low Fat Scones [28pts per mix]

400g self raising flour 100g raisins/sultanas
    50g low low spread Zest of one orange
    10g/4 tbl spns sweetener 1 tea spn baking powder
    250mls boiling water 1/2 tspn cinnamon [optional]

Method
    Soak fruit in boiling water and set aside to cool. Place all other ingredients into a large mixing bowl and rub the lowlow into the mix. When the water is cool make a well in the middle of the mixture and pour in the fruit and water. Mix together to make a dough. Roll it out and cut to the required size. Cook in the oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 20-25 mins.

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing so far this week? Mine has been mixed...

Thursday went out for dinner to celebrate my sisters engagement. It was the first day of the weightwatchers week so hadn't saved up any points, but did go for a 45 minute run after weightwatchers on Wednesday evening to try to clock up some bonus points and only ate 5.5 points before going out on Thursday evening. But in saying that all thoughts of points went out the window. Had every intention of going for the healthy starter (soup) but when I was told it was bacon and cabbage soup (yeuch!) I opted for the chicken wings instead. Then had a massive steak with pepper sauce and sauteed potatoes for main course and a medley of desserts (mini lemon cheesecake, a profiterole, a mini meringue with cream and blueberries and a scoop of icecream) all topped off with a skinny latte.
    I have attempted to work out the points and with serious guesstimation I've come up with the following:

6 chicken wings (didn't have the blue cheese dip) - 5.5 points (based on Harvester chicken wing points)
    Steak - 10.5 points (based on Beefeater 8oz steak being 13.5 points and I didn't eat it all)
    Pepper Sauce - 2 points
    Sauteed Potatoes - 6 points
    Mini Lemon Cheesecake - 3 points
    1 profiterole - 2 points
    mini meringue and 4 blueberries - 0.5 points
    1 small scoop vanilla icecream - 2.5 points
    2 tablespoons cream - 3 points
    Skinny Latte - 2 points

So that was 37 points in just one meal!!!!!!!!!! And added to the 5.5 points earlier in the day I had a total of 42.5 points on Thursday :eek::eek::eek:

Friday I got back on track and ate well but still went over by half a point.

Which meant I had to claw back 22 points over the course of the week.

Yesterday I did a 10km race (running) and walked for 40 minutes so earned 10 bonus points and stuck to my 21 points for the day so I now only have to claw back 12 points for the rest of the week.

(Meal was totally worth it by the way lol)

WEIGHTWATCHERS PIZZA

Can't remember who was looking for these, saw them in a supervalu yesterday in Roscommon. I know when I'm looking for items that they do not normally stock here they do source them, so if you ask at your local S/V you might be in luck.
    Think it was one of the chicken ones

JOURNEY

God, your someone after me own heart, haven't had a meal like that in yonks. Am salivating here while reading it. Heading to the rowing machine now to work up the points to have it right now, could be some time, I'd need a bottle of red to go with it too !!!
    Look, it was a one off ocassion, something very special, you enjoyed it, and you know what it's valu was. Can't believe a 10k isn't worth more btw. Your metabolism must be on the increase if your able for that.
    Meant to ask. Do weight watchers take into account the variety of metabolic rates?

Hiya felinefeelins,

They don't go into detail on metabolic rates but your daily points allowance is calculated on how active you are and your exercise bonus points decrease the fitter you get (so someone who has never exercised before might struggle to walk 2 miles and would be sweating and out of breath so it would be considered a high intensity activity for them, but someone who was very fit would only be able to count walking as a low intensity activity and therefore get less bonus points).

Funnily enough, the fact that the 10k was only worth 10 points didn't bother me that much. I try not to spend my exercise points (unless I've had a week like this one lol), but when I exercise and realise how tough it is to burn off 10 points, it keeps me on the straight and narrow foodwise! 10 points is only 2 mars bars. Back in the day I'd easily have polished 2 mars bars off without even thinking!

Great weekend till last night, that's the problem with getting weighed at the Sat meeting. Too much wine and then hit the dried apricots dipped in dark chocolate!!! Back on the straight and narrow today though. I'm learning the Can-Can at the moment so did a 16 minute dance workout of all my dance routines with the can-can at the end so feeling a bit better today.I'd love to know how much it's worth points wise. Going to the gym later to my fab trainer Dave so I won't be able to walk by Wednesday but it'll be worth it when I'm back at goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello all..

MIxed week for me too...

Thursday was good n gymed it..den friday was messy wit big dinner...sat was good but went out for drinks sat nite...and yday i pigged out hungover...so so bold!!!

But todays monday and Im determined to et back on track...gonnna try save points to out do any previous damage and back to the gym today an aqua fit tonight!!!

11lb to goal, 11 weeks to xmas...would love to get it for then!!!

Need to cop on a bit...no plans nxt wknd definitely!! so im off the drink til my party 2 weeks and 4 days :D:D:D

Best of luck with the week!! xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

K I have 11lb I wanna kick and have posted my food diary already!! Need that final push, just wanna loose it!!! Lost 3s already with WW and have kept it off for 3 years!!!! Cant go to meetings - no time / money (not an excuse), am 11s 4lb as of this morning and wanna be 10s 7lb by Christmas week, that is 1lb a week, and once I weigh myself each monday morning, fill out my food diary and report to ye hopefully it will work!!! Thanks

Best of luck to everyone for the week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!

I have fallen off the wagon completely this week.:mad::(

Foodwise it wasnt too bad a week but i did have the odd slip up and was over by 2-3 pts on a couple of days. normally this wouldnt bother me too much but i did NO exercise at all this week.

Dont know why but i just lost all interest in it after my WI last tuesday. i have my WI in the morning and im hoping i havent done too much damage. especially since last weeks loss ment i was only 2.5lbs away from stone number 2.:(

Anyway hope you all had better weeks than i did best of luck at WI's;)

Good luck Itsallaboutme (I'm also 2.5lbs away from my second stone - feels like I'll never get there!)

You could still be alright. My leader told us once that to maintain your weight you need an average of 26 points per week, so that even if you've had a slightly bad week you could still drop half a pound or stay the same.

The main thing is you're back to your meeting and hopefully that will re-motivate you for the week.

I've been the opposite this week - absolutely saintly exercise wise (have run 29km this week, cycled 26km and walked 15km), but have gone over my points nearly every day (one day by loads - see back a few posts, and other days by 1 or 2). I find that when I'm exercising that much I'm really hungry all the time and I wasn't prepared enough this week with having low point options available to me so ended up snacking loads of toast etc.

Will see tomorrow if the exercise made up for the eating - fingers crossed!

well i was up 1lb this morning its better than i was expecting so im happy enough it could have been alot worse.

hope you get your next stone journey it really does feel like ill never get there too but im determined to get there by my holidays in 6 weeks so fingers crossed:)

we had a good meeting today too our leader has given us all like a 12 step contract from now till xmas and each week she is giving us a paper clip for every lb we loose to make a chain. it sounds a bit odd but i think its great to have a visual like that so you can see what your losing. ive got two clips now in the last three meetings so i really want to get a few more by xmas.

best of luck to all with WI this week!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

hi I'm 26 and have been overweight for most of my life, have joined ww several times and had major success once were i lost over 2stone but then as per usual let it slip and i was bigger than ever. Have been back in weight watchers for 5weeks now and have lost a stone to date!I'm really determined this time cos I know its effecting my health, confidence and social life. I have joined the gym and actually find I like it. Its great to hear all your success stories-well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

hi all! well done on your loses guys! :D

had a pretty blah week, still not completly used to being back at college and im just so wrecked once i get home that any exercise (bar walking to the fridge/press) is gone out the window. ate a lot this week, dont know why was just felt hungry. wasnt majorly over point most days bar one or two when i stopped counting at 44 :eek: was dreading WI tonight, but was down 1 pound. so i was well happy. treating myself to alot of crappy food tonight and brand new day moro! :D

good luck guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

not lookin forward to wi in 2moro! not a good week at all,tough week at work,someone reversed into my car and drove off,near "tom",everything got me down only thing i walked every eve so hopefully not too much damage!x

I am RAGING tonight. Was up half a pound. I can't believe it. I had one bad day and a few days where I went over my points by 1 or 2, but I did serious amounts of exercise this week and easily made up for the food in bonus points.

I guess I've just had to realise that my body is no longer able to get away with "not so good weeks". I feel like I am never ever going to reach my second stone at the moment.

Don't lose heart, I had about 3 months in or around the same 5 lbs. just keep going and it will come off. Try doing the fast start week again it works really well or make out a food plan for the next week so instead of tracking as you go along pre-track and tick things off as you eat them. there is a great sense of satisfaction in doing this like ticking off a list

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Whooo, down another 6 lbs at WI. That's 21.5 over 3 weeks!
    Feeling great...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭cherryred

onehundred wrote: »
    Whooo, down another 6 lbs at WI. That's 21.5 over 3 weeks!
    Feeling great...

That's amazing! Well done!

I'm in my second week, lost 4 pounds in the first, whoo-hoo! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭rosiec

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd say hi, I joined ww last july (again!). Its lovely to find a place to chat and see how others are getting on. I'm having a bit of a munchie day so I'm trying to keep occupied by read about how peoples weeks are going.........i will ot think of food..........i will not think of food! :D

hi all hope your all having a good week!

mine has been fairly good since WI on tuesday stayed within points yesterday and on track still today! got ina great walk this afternoon and did 20 minutes on my new trampoline yesterday, was knackered after it and my calf muscles are killing me today!!! no pain no gain as they say!!

i bought some sweet potatoes today but have no ideas what to make with them or what they are like points wise.kind of an impulse buy really:eek: does anyone have an ideas on what i should do with them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

i bought some sweet potatoes today but have no ideas what to make with them or what they are like points wise.kind of an impulse buy really:eek: does anyone have an ideas on what i should do with them?

I love sweet potatoes (can't point them for you as I do no count) but this evening for example i cut it into slices, sprayed the george with a few sprays of spray oil and cooked it for 15 min!!! You can do anything you want, are like potatoes!!

Boil, bake, roast!! I love them roasted with red onions!!!!

I am having a very hungry week, any suggestions on good, filling snacks!? (dairy and wheat are out)

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement