Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 277 ✭✭misspiggy40

Hi all. Stayed the same At WI on Wed. Still happy enough. Motivation gone again at the moment, but not doing any harm. Staying close or below points but not getting much excercise so far. A bit tired TBH. Going to have a couple of easy days and wait for the mojo to return. Might try a little retail therapy tomorrow. Saw a lovely little skirt in Dorothy Perkins. Haven't worn anything like it in years but think I might just get away with it now. If that doesn't get me going again nothing will.

Hope you are all having it a bit better.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Pippacoo

I am having trouble with my maintenance plan. I was on 21 points and i have now reached my goal weight. I gave up going to weight watchers and now I have many questions.. I have added an extra 5 points to my daily allowance.. Is this correct?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭getsun

what would be the best option for this menu for a person attending weight watchers

http://www.menupages.ie/restaurants/stone_haven_restaurant/menu.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Bit of a mixed wk all round isn it...

After me being completely spurred on after wi my thurs fri and sat were an absolute disaster..!!

So im spending the rest of week trying to pull myself back on track to try and even maintain on weds..!!

Im having a good today and back to gym tamo and aqua fit and hopefully gym tues...!! I think i may have to WI on thurs morning aswell this week so many weds i can gym it too!! 3 in row shall be tough going but i need all help i can get!! :D:D

Hope ur all havin a better one den myself !! :D:D

xx

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

oh oh! 2day a bit of a disaster,just after counting my points,ive used 32.5,eew but i earned 2.5 thru walking,brings me back to 30! do you know what 6 of them are from? a student was leaving work 2day and brought in a tin of roses,of course i ate 6 OF THEM! funny thing they wern`t even that enjoyable and i have to work extra hard all week to make up for them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

sorry to hear that holly! havnt had roses in yonks! but im on the wagon with you, complete disaster this week im afraid, been so busy its been crappy food or takeaways all week, and just nibbling on rubbish! bring on tuesday! haha! dreading it. i need a good kick up the arse to get motivated again. last 3 weeks have been a joke! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

edgedinblue we`re in this 2gether!:)see if this happened before id say "might as well be in for a sheep as a lamb" and id continued on the next and the next day but now im saying ive 4 good days til wi so i`ll try and pull back! i usen`t bother countin earned points but their invaluable,30 mins quick walk gets you 2.5 and my hrs aerobics on wed earns me 4 so if you do over indulge you have somethin to fall back on!!!!!!

very true i need to start walking again, back to collegeness as wiped me out these days. by 3 o clock im asleep!! we'll get back into the swing of it!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

So over my point this weekend that it is not funny. We had a big family weekend for my husbands birthday with a bid family dinner out last night and a house full of family staying with us. I was over by 13.5 yesterday and 5.5 today. I was up 3.5lb last week after another family do and far to much booze at least this weekend I was not to bad booze wise. Really dont want another gain and I am taking my husband to Paris for 5 days on thur for a surprise birthday treat and know I will be having a few glasses of red each day plus eating out for the whole time. I am hoping to get to a WI in before we leave on thur and hope to be fairly good while away.

I think I am going to start praying....

Plan to stick to about 20 point for the next couple of ays and hopefully reduce the damage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 likealot

Hi everyone,

Joined WW at the beginning of July and have lost a total of 17pounds. Feel great but beginning to think I am falling off the wagon.

I had put on half a pound for last weeks class (Thurs) and was determined not to have the same happen again. That lasted as far as Friday evening when I decided last minute to go out after having practically used up all of my points.

Proceeded to have my hang over cure of a rasher sandwich on Sat morning and a chicken fillet meal on Saturday evening (anyone know how many points???) before heading out again! Disaster. Had nothing to eat then all day Sunday until extreme hunger hit and I had a Pizza Meal Deal (pizza, garlic bread) and wedges! Again anyone any idea of points??

I need to get back on track for Thurs and am doing a lot of walking. Only thing is I find it hard to stick to points without just eating soup for my dinner. Anyone have any other tasty low point suggestions???

Have not been this bold since I started!! Help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

Hey guys,
    So spurred on by advice here last week, i joined WW just before heading off on Holidays until Yesterday.
    Weight was my highest ever and was definitely the push i needed to be good on hols!
    I made healthier choices than i ever would have and i have had the equivilant of i'd say one bar of chocolate in total over the last week! Which is unreal for me!
    So while i'm hoping to have at least stayed the same weight, i'm not terribly confident of a loss.
    I reckon i've stayed on points all week (20), but i'm not sure if i've calculated everything right.
    I'm hoping to counteract any miscalculations with all the walking we did (roughly 20,000+ steps per day).
    So wish me luck at my WI tonight!

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭itsallaboutme!!

hi all!!

well set set myself a little target at my WI last week. going on hols in 7weeks and i was 4lbs away from my second stone so i decided to aim for half a lb a week between now and the hols. was telling my leader all about it this morning while on the scales and i was delighted when she said i was well on my way as id lost 2lbs this week:D

im soooooo happy and even more motivated now to get that 2 lbs off before i go away!!!!

i was so delighted i went shopping! i spotted a really nice pair of jeans but wasnt sure if they would go near me as jeans have always been a problem for me. i have inheirited my mams naturally bigger legs:rolleyes: and the old skinny jeans are NOT even to be considered!!:o:o i usually buy baggier styles like boyfit etc. but i decided to try them on anyway ,they werent skinny jeans but they were defo not my usual choice of style.i was DELIGHTED when they fit perfectly:D:D so this added to my great mood and gave me EVEN MORE motivation for this week:D

so anyway best of luck to all this week with WI's if i can get into a pair of "regular" sized jeans anyone can;);)

Well done itsallaboutme!! Fantastic job.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭twentysomething

So it appears i was worried over nothing!
    Despite my worries and the holiday i was down 1.5 pounds this evening!
    Very happy all considering! It spurred me on and i went shopping and bought loads of healthy food and am making soup as we speak!
    Gonna try the fast start this week, i think it may be easier now that i kinda have a week of pointing under my belt!
    Thanks for the encouragement guys, best of luck to everyone else this week!

ugh up a pound this week, doesnt surprise me all the crappy food i had, no exercise and TOM. ughhh! doesnt matter though tomorrow is a new day! :D happy happy skinny thoughts! lol

good luck everyone!!

well done twentysomething:D its great motivation to get a good loss when your not expecting one keep up the good work!!

chin up edgedinblue as you say its a new day back on the wagon!!

Where did that week go.:eek: WI again tonight and I think I only blinked since last WI. Anyhow, I think I did nothing this week. Didn't overeat, there or there abouts most days, but got no exercise worth talking about. Will go tonight to keep in the groove but still no mojo!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭journey

Down another pound this week and the nicest thing ever happened - a message popped up on the screen saying "This member is within 7lbs of their goal weight" :D:D:D

I presume that it's just an initial goal weight that the machine automatically assigns to you as I never set a goal weight but it was great to see it all the same :D

And I am now officially a healthy BMI :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

weight.png

journey wrote: »
    Down another pound this week and the nicest thing ever happened - a message popped up on the screen saying "This member is within 7lbs of their goal weight" :D:D:D

I presume that it's just an initial goal weight that the machine automatically assigns to you as I never set a goal weight but it was great to see it all the same :D

And I am now officially a healthy BMI :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

weight.png

Thats great. Well done.

• Advertisement

Well done Journey. That is pure mighty!!;) Was down half a pound myself, so I am a happy camper. A good result for a poor enough effort.:rolleyes:

weight.png

Thanks everyone, I'm ridiculously happy :D

Tonight I reached another milestone - ran 6.5km tonight and got a new personal best time :D

Last June I weighed nearly 14 stone and couldn't run up the stairs without my heart coming out of my chest. Today I'm 25 and a half pounds lighter and can run for 45 minutes straight with relative ease. I feel like a completely new person :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

Week 2 WI yesterday and I was down 5.5 lbs, thats 15.5 lbs over the first two weeks :D.
    Here's hoping I can lose 2 lbs a week now for the next 7 weeks...

Fair play One Hundred. That's a fantastic achievement. You must be starting to feel a difference now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mkhall

I've been looking for weight watchers pizza products for months. I've tried all of the larger Tescos (merrion, dundrum, etc) and Cornelscourt Dunnes and even tried Tesco extra in Arklow with no avail. I live in Rathmines and have tried all local stores but no luck there either. Has anyone been able to find them? Thanks!!! :)

Megan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭ya-what-now?

I've seen them a couple of times in the larger dunnes grocery - I'm not really familiar with any near where you are - but in general I find Dunnes a lot better than Tesco for WW products!

journey well done you are doing so great:)

thanks for that i spotted something mid conversation on the screen when i weighted in my leader didnt mention it as i was chewing the ear off her but i do recall it saying something about being within 7lbs of something im guessing (and hoping) thats what it had said!!

onehundred congratulations that is amazing fair play to you. you must be feeling fab:)

i was just wondering has anybody ever tried trampolining as a form of exercise? with my knees being a bit rickety i am always on the look out for new low impact ways to workout. im still at the aquafit and find that great along with walking but recently i have been thinking about buying a small round trampoline to use along with some weights to tone up the auld bingo wings:rolleyes::rolleyes: and with the cold wet dark evenings coming back in it would be great to have something i could do at home as i am not a gym person at all!
    anyone any opinion on this??:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 onehundred

onehundred congratulations that is amazing fair play to you. you must be feeling fab:)

Feels great alright. Bought myself a new jersey today that wouldn't have fitted me a month ago!
    Someone commented to me last night that I had "lost a bit of weight", another great boost.
    Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up long term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Eimhearwwl

mkhall wrote: »
    I've been looking for weight watchers pizza products for months. I've tried all of the larger Tescos (merrion, dundrum, etc) and Cornelscourt Dunnes and even tried Tesco extra in Arklow with no avail. I live in Rathmines and have tried all local stores but no luck there either. Has anyone been able to find them? Thanks!!! :)

Megan
    They are very hard to get but I found Pizza bases for 5 pts each made by The artisan Pizza company called Pizza De Pierro in a few places, Moretons in Ranelagh, Donnybrook Fair and Fallon & Byrne in town. You can make your own sauce with 1/2 a tin of tomatoes, a spoon of tom puree and some garlic and herbs for 0pts and then 1/2 a ball of low fat mozzarella [2.5 pts]topped with peppers,mushrooms and onions[a little cajun spice gives it a lovely kick]it only takes about 7 mins in a hot oven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Well done on de great losses fair play all round kep up the good wrk..:D:D

After my mental week..i managed to only gain a lb which im delighted with..its given me a good boost to try stay on track for next week..!! :D:D

No major wknd plans so iv scheduled in gym sessions back to aqua fit on monday to and maybe startin spinning on tuesdy so its all go..!! hopefully if i can stay out of the sweet shop il be all good :D:D

Best of luck for week ahead !!

Onwards and Downwards ;)

xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement