Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Hi FF, I can think of a few off my thread that would work but haven't time to post the full recipes now-I'll do it tonight. Otherwise if you have a scroll through mine (time consuming though!) check out the stew I did recently and I think I've a chicken casserole one up there recently too. If not I'll post em later. The stew is great because the turnip bulks it up for me at 0 points and I just throw on a load of potatoes if I'm feeding others

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Hey Everyone, hope you all had a good weekend! As usual I didn't track & trying to remember now what I ate is proving difficult - WI is tonight so I guess all will be revealed!:)

Felinefeelins - welcome to the forum! It's a great support & I hope you enjoy it! Regarding bulking up dinners - how about making a big pot of chilli & serve to others with rice.
    I make mine with extra lean mince, tomotoes, tomato puree, chilli powder (obviously!), kidney beans & chickpeas (these really bulk it up great & are low in WW points!) - I am not a big rice fan so I eat it with some french bread & tortilla chips. When I was not dieting I had lots of bread & tortilla chips & topped it with grated cheese - now though I buy the small (or medium!) bread rolls so I know how much I'm having & stay away from the tortilla chips & cheese. You'd be surprised at how little points there is, esp if you use lean mince.
    Good luck with it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi FF, I can think of a few off my thread that would work but haven't time to post the full recipes now-I'll do it tonight. Otherwise if you have a scroll through mine (time consuming though!) check out the stew I did recently and I think I've a chicken casserole one up there recently too. If not I'll post em later. The stew is great because the turnip bulks it up for me at 0 points and I just throw on a load of potatoes if I'm feeding others
    THANKS mm had a look through a few of the threads, some great ideas, will try them out and get back to you. Did my 1st wi this morning and am actually lighter than I thought wohoo, so starting at 12' 6 not 12' 10. Flying high. lol :D

LorDar wrote: »
    Hey Everyone, hope you all had a good weekend! As usual I didn't track & trying to remember now what I ate is proving difficult - WI is tonight so I guess all will be revealed!:)

Felinefeelins - welcome to the forum! It's a great support & I hope you enjoy it! Regarding bulking up dinners - how about making a big pot of chilli & serve to others with rice.
    I make mine with extra lean mince, tomotoes, tomato puree, chilli powder (obviously!), kidney beans & chickpeas (these really bulk it up great & are low in WW points!) - I am not a big rice fan so I eat it with some french bread & tortilla chips. When I was not dieting I had lots of bread & tortilla chips & topped it with grated cheese - now though I buy the small (or medium!) bread rolls so I know how much I'm having & stay away from the tortilla chips & cheese. You'd be surprised at how little points there is, esp if you use lean mince.

Great idea, didn't think of adding chick peas, I do add a lot of kidney beans to bulk up their protein intake with xtra tom's for their antioxidant properties. Cheese is my downfall, adore it
    Good luck with it! :mad: Used to have a good curry recipe but has been lost in the many moves, got a basic one but can't seem to get my spices right, needs to be hot, hot ,hot. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey guys havin been on in a few days...mad busy with event at present!!

I had a terrible weekend wit drink n food choices if im honest!!:(:(

I cant weigh in tamo nite so itll have t be thurs which i aint lookin forward to at all cuz iv been so busy so foods been crap an no exercise at al... This is prob the worse week iv had so far...normally i aint so busy :D

I hope to stay the same to keep me on track for my 2 stone for xmas.. Welcome to FF...!! Its great ders more and more loggin on...i love hearing from people and gettin advice the support is great!:)

I also agree with what some of you have said about staying on track over xmas and the nil point soup...GREAT IDEA..

Best of luck to u all WI today and tamo..Il log in thurs an see how we all get on!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Had weigh in last night. Down another 2.5lbs, so thats -6lbs since I started 3 weeks ago. Quite happy with it and havent had to track with the Core Plan.
    Ive been off sick over the last couple of weeks which meant I was eating the odd bickie and packet of crisps out of self pity, but I guess not being able to eat out helped big time :D

Determined to be good over the coming weeks as we are heading into danger zones with party season looming :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Well done mrsberries, you are really getting into the swing of it now!

I've had a pretty bad week myself, the worst since I started I think. I just can't stop thinking about food! Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see what the damage is and try to start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Welcome FF to the forum:D

Well had a not so great wkd myself,drank tons of wine,that was the worst,didn't do too much damage food wise. But TOM is imminent any day now,so am a bit on the hungry side today. If there was a bar of chocolate in the fridge I would demolish it ! There's none so I'm ok for now....
    WI tom.....ooops,hopefully not up.....:eek:
    Does anyone know how you would calculate ham/bacon,the boiled kind??? as in bacon & cabbage :)
    I have been using the points for premium ham in the book????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello Everybody, I'm very relived to hear that I'm not the only one having a difficult week.
    I have my WI tomorrow and like tootsie I'd demolish anything in the fridge haven't gone shopping this week so the fridge is empty. I'm not hungry during the day but as soon as I get into bed my tummy starts rumbling and I'm suddenly hungry. I'm eating about the same ammount as usual maybe a little less cos I have a cold and don't feel 100 %
    Sorry for the whinging thread I'm feeling sorry for myself cos of the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi all. I think its funny that we are all having a bad week at the same time! I had my WI last night and was up one. Although it sounds strange I was actually happy. I had a very bad week and didn't deserve to lose. It's good to see that how you behave is reflected on the scales, if that makes sense. I am still sick so can't exercise but I am going to work my hardest to stay OP this week. I am going away this weekend which will be difficult but I am going to try make wise choices as much as possible. I am 1.5 off my stone and 2.5 off my goal so hoping to get both those by Christmas and then see how it goes. These next few weeks will definitely be tough for us all though.

• Advertisement

Well it was a tough week, I couldn't stop thinking about food but tried to snack on healthy stuff. End result is 1/2 pound down, so I'm happy enough. Onwards to a better result next week.

I finally made my 6 stone as well, my end goal is nearly in sight now!

Keep at it everyone, it'll all be worth it for the compliments we will get at our Christmas gatherings!

Hell ya, compliments make my day I must say-especially when they are completely impromptu if ya get me. Like I wandered into the sitting room one evening recently and one of my lad friends was over with my housemates and he literally blurted out that I looked fantastic! Its a great feeling, especially when it comes from someone who doesn't know you are dieting or hasn't seen you in a while.
    Congrats to all on losses this week. I was rather bold this morning and took a peek at the scales which really depressed me. All I'll say is that I hope that reverses itself pretty promptly or I'm gonna be well disappointed this week. Especially considering I've been really good following my absymal performance last wednesday! Oh well just have to hope for the best :rolleyes:

wow litup, that is just amazing, well done.
    I think the change in the weather is part of the reason for the worsening cravings, the cold the rain, the nights coming in so early. Well thats what I'm telling myself anyway. made up a pot of soup and am storing it in the fridge so it will last that bit longer, so I know something warm n filling is only 2 pings away. Fingers crossed. Kids came in with ChIPS after basketball last night n I had to leave the room or chips would be gone, bag and all.

Hell ya, compliments make my day I must say-especially when they are completely impromptu if ya get me. Like I wandered into the sitting room one evening recently and one of my lad friends was over with my housemates and he literally blurted out that I looked fantastic! Its a great feeling, especially when it comes from someone who doesn't know you are dieting or hasn't seen you in a while.
    Congrats to all on losses this week. I was rather bold this morning and took a peek at the scales which really depressed me. All I'll say is that I hope that reverses itself pretty promptly or I'm gonna be well disappointed this week. Especially considering I've been really good following my absymal performance last wednesday! Oh well just have to hope for the best :rolleyes:

Nothing like it MM, thats enough to bouy you through a slow week. :D

g'em wrote: »
    This sticky is dedicated to all those who are on WeightWatchers - whether you're just starting out, you're a veteran point counter or you're just looking for an idea of what's involved, this thread will tell the tales and experiences of fellow WW'ers.

... This thread is for support, encouragement and perhaps even a bit of education. If you have any dislikes of the Weight Watchers' system feel free to begin a thread in the main forum, but please bear in mind that the weight loss journey is a difficult enough one to embark on without having to deal with a constant barrage of detractors at every step you take.

With that in mind, WWers please also take note that as eating plans go, WW is pretty good, but it can be improved and the points system is easily abused. If suggestions are made as to how you can improve your point management, or flaws in the WW system are pointed out in a constructive and practical way, try not to take it as a negative. There are a lot of very helpful and experienced folk who post around these parts, many of whom who've been through this journey too.

I think you should read the original post on this sticky as quoted above. As the stickies and most discussions on this forum mention, weight loss works differently for different people. Most of the posters on this thread are on weight watchers and most of us seem to be having some success.

A post like this should have been placed in the main forum, not in a thread dedicated to those who are on weight watchers. This thread was set up for support and advice. If you had posted in a constructive and practical way perhaps a discussion could have been started as to the pros and cons of the weight watchers system.

I for one will be simply ignoring this post and continuing with support for those who are interested in eating healthily on weight watchers.
    Totally FF. Losing weight is building up my confidence and I love the simple pleasures that being almost two stone lighter gives you. Little things like realising I have hip bones again or that the jeans that once were snug now no longer fit. Apart from that there are all the benefits of eating healthily. Clear skin, regular sleeping patterns and healthier nails and hair to name but a few. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fattynomore

I'm sitting here in tears looking at horrible pictures of myself from last weekend. I look absolutely enormous. So hideous. I'm really ugly. I haven't been to class in two weeks due to work being all over the place and I'm dreading going back. I haven't been pointing properly and I had lots to drink over the weekend. There was even a moment where my oh-so-supportive sister told me to "do something about" my weight because I asked her to please stop going on about her weight...she's a size 10 btw. I never moan about my weight but I did get annoyed with her this weekend when she did nothing but moan about how fat she is...it amazes me.

I know I have to go back. When I look in the mirror I don't see what I saw in those pictures. I know I'm big, I wear a size 18 and I weigh 16stone, but I guess I didn't think I looked that big. God, I feel so awful. I'm probably back up the 7.5 I lost. Tonight I actually contemplated putting my fingers down my throat after dinner. :(

I feel like a complete failure. I think about how much I could have lost over the past few weeks. I'm so pathetic. I always seem to hit this point with Weightwatchers. I do well for a while and then...boom....I fúck it all up. This is the heaviest I've ever been and I hate it.

Sorry for the rant guys. I know I just need to cop myself on and get back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Fattynomore. My heart went out to you reading your post. You have hit a bad patch but thats all it is. A little patch in a much larger picture. Try thinking positively. You know you need to get back on track and you have the motivation of the pictures. Put one of them on your fridge. Or if you have an item of clothing that nearly fits you but not quite, leave it somewhere you will see it. Aim to stay on points as much as possible this week. If you are doing the points plan track track track. It's the only way to do it. Say to yourself that you have lost weight on WW and you will lose more. We have all had our bad weeks where we thought there was no way it was going to work for us but it does get better. Come on each day and tell us how you did. It's ok to have a bad day or even a bad week. Nobody is perfect. And if this is a lifestyle change you have to accept that you wont always be perfect. Hope you feel better today.

Fattynomore - You have lost weight before so you know you can do it. So you just have to go and do it. Self pity won't help the situation, its just going to lead back back into a negative cycle of comfort eating.

Also, there is no point comparing yourself to others, its about being comfortable in your own skin. If your sister isn't happy at a size 10 then she should do something about it, its nothing to do with your journey.

Go back to class. Any class. If you can't make your usual one go to a different one but make sure you get weighed every week. Track everything you eat, there is no point fooling yourself. Come on here as much as you need to for support and advice.

Doing this stuff works, you just have to stick at it.

Hi fattynomore. Don't panic:eek:!! There are always those days, as PinkChick says those pictures will be a massive incentive. You DO have the will power (preferably not by sticking your fingers down your throat!) to keep going. You've lost 7.5 pounds before and trust me you can do it again. So you lost your way for two weeks, don't worry-it will happen. Just pick yourself up and get back on track.
    As for the comment, remember most people don't realise how much being overweight can affect you. My parents made many "well meaning" comments down through the years that put my back up and made me determined not to diet! I have two sisters who are waaay lighter than me but I'm lucky in that they have been ultra supportive of me. The funny thing is they both have worse eating habits than me now. I'm the one encouraging my elder sister to eat properly and regularly and my younger sister to cook more and not survive on cereals!
    Remember change IS possible!! :)
    Keep smiling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

MM85 - I'm just wondering am I missing a post? Your post last night at 22:40 seems a little out of synch - was there another one that was taken off? or is it my PC? (Or am I stupid? I am a bit of a technophobe!) Sorry!! But I am confused!!:confused::confused:

Fattynomore - Take heart from your name! Like everyone else says - you have done it before & can do it again! The trick is to stick with it & not give up at the first hurdle. It is a long (and bumpy!) Road, but it can be done.
    I am 3lbs away from losing 3 stone - it has taken 4 years (and two children later!) to get here but I am happier with my weight now than I ever have been (& I still have another 16lbs to go!). I tried many times to lose weight, but my head was never really in the right place for it - I was doing it for others, not for myself. Once I decided I needed to do it for me it was easier to stick with it.:)
    What has helped me is writing a diary - not just of what I ate but also how I am feeling etc.. on any given day (back in 2004 I barely knew what the internet was so it was a handwritten one!)
    Also; write a list of the things you will do when you reach certain goals - e.g. lose 1st - buy new pair of jeans, lost 2st - pamper yourself with a facial - there are lots of options, pick what suits you best. Even have half stone milestones; get your hair done, nails done etc.... Anything that will make you happy.
    Don't think "OMG - I have to lose soooo much weight - I can never lose that much" Break it into smaller chunks - say 6lbs by Christmas?? And even if you do gain over the festive period at least you'll be lighter than if you hadn't lost anything!
    One last thing; I find going (& staying) to class to be the best thing for me - it doesn't suit everyone but if you can do it you should! Facing up to things is the first step - you can do it! Good Luck with it! Keep us all up-dated here, everyone here is here to support each other!:)

• Advertisement

Oh Fattynomore, your post struck so many familiar notes to my own story and I'm sure to many more here. I have read and reread your post trying to come up with some words of inspiration for you, all I can say is that the power lies within you. Hope that dosent sound trite. I'm only into my second week and I am literally taking it a day at a time, there are days I forget and eat something I shouldn't, but rather than saying "I'll start again tomorrow" I have decided to say "I start again NOW". Please, please, please don't use those fingers, its not the answer, trust me. This forum is great, but sometimes you do need to talk with someone, so go to your meeting and come back here later and talk.
    Forget the photo, if it is inspiration use it, if not, use the mirror. Thats where I'm at, as Pinkchick said, an item of clothing you want to get into(jeans in my case) is a great idea.

Rant away.

Hi Lordar. yip there was a post, but twas removed. I had replied to it but when i came on here to day it was gone, as was my reply. thought i had dreamt it until i was mm's saw still up.
    not going mad after all. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello FNM, First of all, I want to give you a HUGE hug. Like the other ladies have said get yourself to a class. You can do it ! LorDar is right break weight loss down into smaller ammounts, if you can lose 1LB a week, in 7 weeks that's half a stone. Slow and steady is the way to go. The key is to make small changes. Good luck. Keep your chin up !

Yup definitely a post, bit of weight watchers system bashing, quite inflamatory. My post is a very very watered down version of what I wanted to say! Trying to be nice and diplomatic about discussions about the pro's and con's being better suited to the main forum!:P

Fattynomore - dont despair and dont listen to mindless negativity from other people,we all have our own body size issues,no matter what size we are. We have to be happy with what we have or else we do sonething about it.

You had decided to do that and lost weight,YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN !:D
    Please look for the that reason within yourself,when you decided to go to WW and remind yourself of that daily.

Go back to the meetings they are full of like minded people who want to do something about loosing weight.

Come on here and rant on & on about the trials & tribulations of it all. We all do that anyway,we all have had good & bad weeks too.We are all here for support in any way that we can. I have photo's that I hate of myself too:(
    I have read all of the posts here today & I can honestly say aren't we lucky to have a great support forum :D:D:D:D:D:D:D for eachother :D
    T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Molls

Oh Fattynomore - you poor wee thing. Listen to the girls, they're right! you CAN absolutely do, dont listen to silly twits, Believe in yourself and hold your head high.
    I say - forget about the last 2 weeks, get back to your meeting asap,take the last look at the number on the scale and then do everything to never have to see it again (refereably see the number below it ;) rather than above). good luck and i hope to hear from to often!!!

I'm really intrigued to read what was in that mesasage that was deleted........mmmmm

Trust me it wasn't that interesting. Basically just told us ww was rubbish and we should follow a different diet instead. Well I was going well this week until today. Been essay writing and was so totally confused I got really irritated by it. Ended up eating a load of after 8's. Probably a good 4 points worth.Boo :(

FNM I hope your ok today and have decided to go back to the meetings?
    Draw a line under the last few weeks & set a small goal from now untill Christmas. It will be a small gift to yourself,the value of it priceless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey folks had my WI today and lost 0.5 of a pound not great but hey ho, its half a pound less than last week:o

• Advertisement

Exactly the right attitude! Its a step in the right direction, congrats :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement