Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Congratulations mrsberries - that's a brilliant result!:D
    Glad you feel motivated - it's a great feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Ladies,I haven't posted for ages-had a bit of a mad weekend went over my points drinking & eating the wrong things,I've finally caught up today thank god.. No exerise except on Sunday,did a 5 mile walk....
    WI tomorrow after work,not expecting to loose anything,but just hope I stay the same :)

BTW everybody is doing great here in the last few days and going in the right direction despite the weekends.......if only we could figure out a way of getting through them without the nice eats & the wine....mmmmm:D;)

T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

So I've been on a bit of a rollercoaster since I was last in. Thanks to using two different scales and an unbalanced one I believed I was down 6 pounds in the last two weeks. Then I took a sneak peak and since I know I haven't gained 4 pounds in 2 days I had to acknowledge that my scales must have been unbalanced and the scales that I had used at home were correct.
    That being the case I am 12st 12 not the 12 st8 I believed. Damn! Yes I'm still down 24 pounds over all but I thought I'd hit the two stone mark so I'm well disappointed. Still best I can do is stay on track and hope for the best this saturday morning.
    Been OP so far this week except sunday but I had saved the points for that and I wasn't over by much. I might be away this weekend so I'll have to be extra extra careful if I am not to go over. I really want to make a big push for xmas. If I can get another 6 pounds down then I'd be happy. I'm hovering between sizes at the mo so that might be enough to push me into the size 14 jeans!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Well done mrsberries, that is a great result.

You poor thing musicmental, that sounds really frustrating! Still, as you said, you are still doing really well so keep at it.

How is everyone doing with the 'on points challenge!'? I went over on Saturday but had enough saved to make up for it so I'm still on track. Weigh in tonight (if I get out of work in time) so I'm hoping for a good result.

Hope everyone else got on well at their weigh ins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Molls

MMMM, my OP challaneg started of great but i faltered on Sat and Fri! eek! pretty much made up for it now but still! good luck tonight :)

• Advertisement

Tell me about it! I'm trying to be extra good this week to see if it helps but I'm going away on friday and saturday to a hotel so that will be the ultimate challenge! I'm actually planning on chopping a load of carrots and stuff before I go so I'm not snacking. Good choices will have to be made. :)
    Good luck to those weighing in tonight

Yeah, there are weeks where i just feel like im constantly trying to play catch up........ I have my WI tomorrow, not feeling too confident (as per usual). some week i'll make it through with out going over points......... some week!

3 pounds down, wohoo! Only 1 1/2 pounds to my next stone, here's hoping I can get there next week.

Hope everyone else got a good result also.

Good result Litup thats fantastic:D,you should make the 2 stone next week,just keep up the good work.:pac:
    WI for me was tonight,not great but i'm not surprised either,I was up a 1/2 lb ha ha. Went way over points on Fri/Sat,and did no exercise,except a walk on Sunday.:D
    I will do better next week.I'll draw a line under it & move on,no other way to do it,I will get the stone off by Christmas,5 1/2 lbs to go.:cool:

MM85,are you using digital scales?mine are the ordinary ones,and are all over the place,I'm a different weight in other peoples homes.
    Lidl have the digital ones on offer tomorrow for about €15.00 I think,they should be more accurate for you.
    T:D

Ah well Tootsie, at least you didn't do too much damage, and I'm sure you enjoyed your weekend of going mad at the time! Fresh start for this week.

I try not to weigh myself in between weigh ins, but I might get that digital scale as well, it would be good to have something a bit more accurate.

(BTW, its 6 stone I'm aiming for next week, not 2. It's been a long WW road for me so far!)

• Advertisement

6 stone - that is amazing! well done. if you had to give only one or 2 pieces of advice, what would it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

litup; Congratulations!!! That is brilliant - you should be very proud of yourself!:)

Tootsie; don't worry about the half pound - that'll easily come off next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi girls jus gettin a chance to check in...

Had WI lasr nite dwn 3lb so yippy so happy!!! :D:D wasn expecting that at all!!

Well done Litup...6 stone thats fab :D:D

Keep up the great wrk girls...5 mre WIs til de Little Black Dress for xmas :D:D:D

Week ok so far...de weekend...im wrkin so fingers crossed il be no where near the fridge :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello All,
    I's been a couple of weeks since I posted last. I've lost my initial enthusiam and don't have much motivation so far I've lost 1st 11lbs, :)
    I started WW at 16' 2 :( which is very heavy for someone who's 5ft 4.

I've been at this point before and given up, this time I really want to succeed. But I need a little moral support.

Thanks for listening.

Hi Slaygal-don't give up!! I hit that point 3 weeks ago, stopped pointing properly and just had a general lack of enthusiasm. Fight it! It does pass, I had one awful week where I had to literally force myself to stay under points and every single bite of food was torture coz I just wanted to eat what I liked. It paid off though, I made a loss that week and it put me back on track.
    Just keep thinking how much lighter you are and how far you've come and be proud!

PS Yes I use digital scales both at home and in Mayo. It turned out since that my scales must have been unbalanced or something coz when I weighed myself again they did correspond. I know I didn't gain 4 pounds overnight!

Thanks a million for support and your kind words, I went to my weigh in tonight and lost 7.5 pounds :D I can't believe it cos I'm now over 2 stone lighter :D I've stopped weighing myself outside my ww class cos I got disheartened. This is a new week and a fresh start, back to drinking water and walking at least 3 times and tracking everything.
    Your words of encouragent are really appreciated.

Hi Slaygal-don't give up!! I hit that point 3 weeks ago, stopped pointing properly and just had a general lack of enthusiasm. Fight it! It does pass, I had one awful week where I had to literally force myself to stay under points and every single bite of food was torture coz I just wanted to eat what I liked. It paid off though, I made a loss that week and it put me back on track.
    Just keep thinking how much lighter you are and how far you've come and be proud!

PS Yes I use digital scales both at home and in Mayo. It turned out since that my scales must have been unbalanced or something coz when I weighed myself again they did correspond. I know I didn't gain 4 pounds overnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

Hey guys just had my first weigh in at WW, managed to lose 3.5 pounds this week so im delighted

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Slaygal wrote: »
    Thanks a million for support and your kind words, I went to my weigh in tonight and lost 7.5 pounds :D I can't believe it cos I'm now over 2 stone lighter :D I've stopped weighing myself outside my ww class cos I got disheartened. This is a new week and a fresh start, back to drinking water and walking at least 3 times and tracking everything.
    Your words of encouragent are really appreciated.

Wow Slaygirl, thats amazing!!!! Well done you. I hope this has given you your motivation back. It is really tough going to the weigh-ins everyweek, especially when you know you've had a bad week, and staying for the classes but just think of the amount of work you have put in and have an idea of how you will feel when you reach your target!! I have been at that stage before and its possibly ahead of me once Im into it a few weeks. I will certainly be turning to this thread to kick me back into action :D

Congrats to all on their losses! I'm supposed to weigh in in the morning but I'll be away so mine is postponed until monday. Challenging weekend ahead as I will be away in a hotel so gonna have to try and make good choices :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bubbles08

hey all! Congrats on the weightloss slaygirl! thats fantastic! how did you loose so much weight in one week! tell me please.

Well i havent been on this since my very first weigh in. I lost 4.5 lb, then on wednesday i had my 2nd and i only lost 1lb. I was devasted. my motivation is gone this week. Finding it hard to stick to it. NEED to loose my stone before xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fattynomore

Bubbles08 wrote: »

Well i havent been on this since my very first weigh in. I lost 4.5 lb, then on wednesday i had my 2nd and i only lost 1lb. I was devasted. my motivation is gone this week. Finding it hard to stick to it. NEED to loose my stone before xmas.

Don't be disheartened. You could have been up that one pound!
    Think about it, 5 more weigh-ins before Christmas. Aim for 2 pound a week and you'll have lost 15.5 lbs in total. Totally doable! Get yourself out walking.

I had my weigh in on Wednesday and was delighted to be down 3.5 lbs. Aiming for aound the same next week. Went out for some dinner and drinks with a friend last night so I'm trying desperately not to give in to the hangover cravings. I'm definitely glad my weigh-ins are on Wednesdays!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bubbles08

its just really bizarre cos i was walking 5 nights last week before my weigh in and lost only 1lb and the previous wk i only walked twice a week! I dont understand.
    How do you recommend i aim for the 2lb's! i know it prob sound like a stupid question but i could do with some tips?!
    is it true that you will loose alot if you stay away from bread?? Even ww bread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fattynomore

Bubbles08 wrote: »
    its just really bizarre cos i was walking 5 nights last week before my weigh in and lost only 1lb and the previous wk i only walked twice a week! I dont understand.
    How do you recommend i aim for the 2lb's! i know it prob sound like a stupid question but i could do with some tips?!
    is it true that you will loose alot if you stay away from bread?? Even ww bread?

Just point everything. All the walking in the world won't help if you haven't got the food side sorted. Stay under your points and when you go walking don't give yourself the extra 3 points for food. I'm not syaing you should deprive yourself of anything but if you are determined to get the weight off by Christmas then you should be really careful with your points.

It was 7.5 pounds over two weeks, I'm not really sure how I did it but I was a little concerned because it's too much. Ideally I should be losing 1.5 Lbs a week. Slow and steady helps keep the weight off. Bubbles08 this a new day and a fresh start :D If you're on the points plan track everything and check you are eating enough if you need to make sure you're that your body is getting enough fuel. Good luck everyone and keep up the fantastic work.

By Easter people we haven't seen in a while will walk past us in the street cos we've lost so much weight.

Well done Slaygirl 7.5lbs,thats fantastic in one week, I agree 1.5lb is better to loose per week as it possibly stays off in the long term. I'm on wk 5 now and was up just 1/2lb this week,but the week before I lost 6lbs,no idea how I did this,wasnt too bad on points & walked 5 days out of 7. I was up this week and walked once only & was bad at the wkd[wine & hangover food].
    I think a balance of the right food & exercise is the key,thats what I'm getting from other people & posters here.
    So Bubbles08 dont worry,keep within the points[as much as possible] & keep walking, I agree with Fattynomore, the balance needs to be there between the food & the exercise. In the end we will all reach our goals. I think 5 more WI's before Christmas yahoo.....planning on having no wine this weekend :D
    MM85 enjoy your wkd at the hotel......
    Everyone else have a good wkd too :D:D:D:D:D

ps: I'm thinking of throwing the scales in the bin,getting a little obsessed with them......

Slaygirl,its 7.5lbs over 2 weeks.....sorry....misread slightly:P

First of all well done to everyone on their losses. Thank you everyone for their kind words and enthuasiasm. Apologies for my rubbish spelling. Tootsie don't throw out the scales:-) Keep up your good work.
    MM85 have a fabulous weekend you lucky thing I'd love a weekend away.

Sitting in front of the TV with a glass of wine. Hope you all have fantastic weekends and remember fridge pickers wear bigger knickers :D

So turns out I actually have free internet access here. Yesterday I was on points even with eating dinner out (it wasn't nice so that wasn't hard!).
    I was bold at breakfast this morning-I reckon 8/9 points for it?!! :eek: Still I had a massive bowl of porridge with that around 11 and I'm still not hungry so thats a good sign. I have ryvita and yoghurts in my room so I'm gonna snack on them after my spa (came free with the deal-oh so sweet!) and save the rest of my points for dinner. TBH I'm more aiming to not go too far over rather than trying to keep under becasue thats pretty damn difficult when you have no control over your food. I shall let you know how I fare!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, well done to everybody. You are all doing brilliant. I had a bad week. Put on one last week which I expected due to time of the month :-) This week I've had a chest infection and haven't been able to do any exercise at all. I have tried my best to keep the food good and have been ok. But I expect to see the results of not doing exercise at my WI on Tuesday. I am still sick so don't think I will be at the gym before then. I suppose I just need to put it down to a bad couple of weeks but I could have done without it so close to Christmas.

• Advertisement

Hi PinkChick, don't despair the TOM does tend to interfere doesn't it?! I'm on it at the mo so my delayed weigh in in the morning will probably be up aswell. TBH I've actually found that despite being a lazy ass for the last 3 weeks or so I've still been losing weight, just keep OP and you'll be fine. Having said that I went over points yesterday in spite of my determination. In my defense I was away and I did spend an hour in the gym in the hotel yesterday too!
    I'm following kickstart this week so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm actually looking forward to it coz there's a good variety of food in it. I've edited the kickstart menu to take out some of the stuff I don't like but I'll be posting it all week in my food diary so I shall see how it pans out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement