Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey guys jus gettin a chance to log in...Got my 2 stone last nite im delighted...:D:D Well done to all u other loosers..!!!:D

FNM i agree with all the other comments...dont think about the past try to think about the future and the small changes you can make to help u...Ul be great Chin Up we are all here supparting each other..

Psyco hope...A half pound down is defo still down be proud ;)

Good luck to anyone else WI today and im trying the OP challenge this week with no alcohol or nothing :D:D:D Il let yas no monday how i got on over weekend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hey ShellyB, wow, exellent work, well done, am doing the hulk here (not really, just would love 2 push the fastforwrd button). That is great news, love to hear it and want to hear a whole lot more. Can just see you now, trying on all those clothes, turn to the left, turn to the right.................. Got a few upstairs waiting for the same treatment.

PH, you gotta see, you lost weight, thats what its all about, and doing it healthly. Kudos.
    Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

Hello there..im a newbie to posting..but an oldie at WW.
    My story..in a nut shell.. lost over 2.5 stone with ww..in between OCT 05 and July 07.. then moved for a job and since then, have put on nearly 2stone.. at first i was great keeping it off..and then it just seemed one bad week put on 4pounds and instead of fixing that it turned into 2bad weeks and then 3..and then i quit! went bk in oct..and had good start..but then slippery slope down..am now heavier again then when i started in oct..cant seem to get bk on track!

My family tell me to i need to cop on.. have even tried bribing me..im not happy in my skin anymore..my confidence has dropped loads.. my wardrobe is shocking,nothing looks nice so all that in hand i went bk to ww with great intensions in sept this year.. lost 1.5 each week for the first 3weeks and then went out for a mates birthday put on 4pounds next week.. lost a pound gaine another.. so I decided to change class..and since then i am no heavier again since i joined in sept! just cannot seem to get myself bk on track.. i work out too with a friend..so some weeks there is no reason.. 2weeks ago i went in feeling great..had brill week exercising all week eatin great..bamb 2pounds up..havent been back since im afraid to go.. i need to i know i do..but god its hard! the shame i feel on that scales when im up makes me go home and order dominos..eat anything i can get my hands on even if im not hungry.. I need some serious sense knocked into me -

but on the bright side..this thread is fantastic..and i feel better already reading everyone elses posts.. im not alone.. hopefully you guys can help.. am sick of hearing colleagues and bf tellin me "your fine" !! :) I cant seem to move on when i get bad news..anyone else feel like this?

PS:sorry about the book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

No probs about the book! Thread is usually quiet enough on the weekend. Honestly don't stress about it. It is a long journey for us all. Pick yourself up and get back to class. However if you really are feeling that level of shame then perhaps the class is not working? I hated the classes and the herd mentality so I bought my own scales and follow ww online.
    I am religious about weighing in and am trying not to take the scales reading personally. I was up 0.5lb today, my first increase in three months which was quite depressing but I'm refusing to let it ruin my day. I had a bad day today but I knew it would be but I also know that tomorrow is another day and nights out/dinner with friends etc are all inevitable events and I must be able to fit them into my life. If I am up one week then I need to be even more determined.
    Remember that many factors can influence the scales (thats why I weigh in in the morning), retained water, food, exercise can slow your loss because you are gaining muscle. Perhaps keeping an eye on the tightness of your clothes might give you an incentive?
    Don't stress, keep it up and get back on track! :)

Thanks Feline...:D Yeah i dont really feel much different people start to comment so i guess thats nice to hear hun...iv stiil about another two to go so im half way der you could say...

I find weekends de hardest and am doin ok at moment nothing too extreme :D:D

Hope everyones week is going well will check in again shortly :D:D

p.s Hey 041... I feel for you hun...but think about it look at all of us here in the same way you are never alone!! I find if i go up try take it lightly and think tamos another day there will always be times when ur up iv bn der and will be again im sure before i reach goal...Try to think of it as small little changes that will help you get der...Take your time..CHIN UP...Were all here helping and guiding eachother.. an i no ul enjoy been part of that!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Thanks for the post on my food diary shelly belly-as it happens I should be taking my own advice. I'm due TOM and most of us gain at this point but I forgot! I'm whacking into the water to prevent water retention so hopefully I'll get back on track. May still be off next week but should be more accurate than yesterday anyways!:cool:

0141........ Your answer is here, if you feel the public meetings are not for you use here as that facility. There is a lot of support here, it is totally non-judgemental and there are some fab suggestions. Try not to look at it as having X amt of weight to drop, but break it down into weekly or monthly amts. You know yourself the scales doesent always tell you the story you want to hear, sometimes clothes start to reflect a greater lose the looser they get.
    Thanks for your post, chat again soon.

Hey MM85...Yeah TOM does effect you wel it has defo effected my wieght loss anyways...least ya no what the prob is now!! BEst of luck with rest of week...that goes to everyone else too :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done to the losers this week :) I weighed myself on Saturday and I down a pound :) had a pizza and chips last night my Sunday treat. Back to pointing today. 041 Sometimes you have brilliant week you stick to the plan like glue, guess what ? you go up but the following it shows on the scales. Keep your chin up 041 I bet when you go to your WI this week you'll be down :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

Thanks a million to all of you who replied to my post..i feel a millioon times better already today after reading all your positive comments. went for a 4mile walk last nite and felt fab after..today has been good and going to go to gym tonight but just for a bit..am nervous waiting on thursday..but defo going bk to the meeting and if its not good news..il b getn on the net to re-read all your lovely comments
    thanks again:D

PS: do you really find the online any good? or would i b fooling myself..i dont know if i have that discipline?

• Advertisement

I like it, but I love cooking so I use it for planning all my meals-there's tons of recipes. I also love the weight loss graphs it does up for you (yes I realise I could probably do these up myself but they are handy).
    It does give you bits of random advice too. The week I lost over 4 pounds it warned me that I was losing weight too quickly and this week when I was up it sent me to pages about dealing with your first loss.
    It does require some dedication but I kinda prefer that coz I think it might help me in the long run

0141607 wrote: »
    Thanks a million to all of you who replied to my post..i feel a millioon times better already today after reading all your positive comments. went for a 4mile walk last nite and felt fab after..today has been good and going to go to gym tonight but just for a bit..am nervous waiting on thursday..but defo going bk to the meeting and if its not good news..il b getn on the net to re-read all your lovely comments
    thanks again:D

PS: do you really find the online any good? or would i b fooling myself..i dont know if i have that discipline?

You know, this has made my week, gr8 news. Let thursday come, and meet it head on. Come back here n tell us all.

Did my WI this morning, down 2lbs, but, OMG, I am craving so many things.................... won't make a list, tis like being pregnant all over again, lol. HELP
    Has anyone else dealt with this one........ didn't have to cook for the last few days as kids are away, so, larder was empty, but don't think I can resist when foods about.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Congrats to all who lost weight - keep it up!! It's a great feeling.
    My weigh-in is tonight - had a lovely weekend away & was a little bit bold! But I weighed myself at home this morning & think I maybe down a bit (or maybe stayed the same) - I hope so 'cos I am afraid I completely ruined all my hard work over the past few weeks!
    I know I should wait until WW to get weighed - but I am very impatient! I suppose it would serve me right if my scales at home was wrong & I am actually up - Noo!!! Please don't let that happen!:(

FF; I definitely get cravings!! Sometimes I'm like a woman possessed - but I find that if I have a little of what I fancy it helps! Like a WW Choc mousse instead of a bar of Dairymilk? or a bag of LF crisps?
    I used to bulk buy things because they were better value (like a 6-pack of Tayto!) - but then I could easily eat 2 bags in one go! So now I buy small quantities of goodies.
    Also; When buying biscuits I buy the ones my husband likes that I don't (like Fig Rolls - Yuck!) and if I'm desparate for a biscuit I may be able to eat half a fig roll (but to be honest - I think they're disgusting and wouldn't eat one if you paid me!):P

0141... I've being catching up today & read your post and the replies that followed - I'm glad you're feeling better, and that this forum helped. It is great here & most likely some day in the future someone else will be feeling like you did last week and you'll be there to give the encouragement that helps!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Hey all

Weigh in was last night. Down .5lbs, which isnt huge, but great considering I had a few meals out this week :D Im really finding soup to be my best friend these days in keeping full. Making huge batches of veg soup and bringing it to work.

I heard there will be a new plan in the new year. Dying to hear all about it :)

Congratulations mrsberries - every little bit helps! I was also down 0.5lb last night, and while it's not a lot it is better off than on!!

Our leader also told us there would be a new plan/programme in January - but wouldn't say any more than that! I am excited to hear all about it now as she said it is going to be great!:D
    Must go back to class in January to hear all about it!

Has anyone done the SmartSave with WW? If so can you tell me how it works? Do you pay for 10 classes upfront and get 2 free or something?
    I might do that next week - then I will have to go back after Christmas or else I will have lost €100 (or however much it is!)

Good luck to everyone else weighing in this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, sorry its been a while. I had a baddish week. I was abroad Friday to Monday and found it very difficult to find healthy options. I expected a bad WI but only put on 1. As I am still not able to exercise combined with the hols I was quite pleased. However, thats two weeks I have put on one so I am slowly going backwards. Going to try really hard to stay OP this week and hopefully will get back to exercise next week. I would love to get to my stone before Christmas but that is now 2.5 away and I am finding these weeks quite difficult. Being sick has really thrown me off course but I suppose these things will happen. If this is meant to be a life change than I need to accept that life can get in the way. I haven't been too bad all things considered but I need a couple of good OP weeks if I have any hope of losing more before Christmas. On a brighter note, I did manage to get into straight leg jeans yesterday tucked into boots which has been something I always wanted to do so chuffed. Will not buy them until I get my goal though as all along that is what I have been working towards so still want to have it to aim for. Maybe I should be feeling guiltier for last few weeks but I really feel that overall, I have made huge changes that I will stick to. I still have weak moments but the fact that most of the time I am good has to mean something. Anyhow, sorry for the rant. Didn't mean to go on so much. Well done to everyone who has lost. It's amazing to be losing so close to Christmas. Keep it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey folks, had my WI earlier and i was down 4.5 pounds this week :eek:and got my first silver 7:D

I know I'm normally the one giving advice here but I'm in trouble. I've fallen off the rails. While I haven't gone totally mad like loads of takeaways/ chocolate etc but I'm just eating consistently over my points by a significant margin. :mad:
    I cannot seem to work up the enthusiasm to keep going. Its been like 4 weeks teetering on the edge of 2 stone loss and I've just no motivation left. Its too late to salvage this week but I really want to work up the energy to keep going, I'm just totally down.
    I know there's many reasons why (essays, stress with school, TOM and a streaming headcold) but justifying it doesn't make me feel any better-in fact its making me even more unmotivated.
    I cannot seem to stop my hand going to my mouth....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Hello.
    Joined this week. I lost weight a couple of years ago and successfully kept it off until I was placed on steroids earlier this year for a condition. Off the steroids now.......and still huge hahaha.

I just am not happy, my weight really affects me and makes me hugely depressed. It's gotten to the stage where I never want to go out clubbing etc. because I hate my body and feel hideous.

Musicmental, have followed your thread. You're doing brilliantly to have lost almost 2 stone on your own bat. Personally, I'm in awe of your willpower. I know the weigh-ins are the only thing that will motivate me :o

I feel crap today as I was doing well the last few days and have fallen off the wagon awfully today. Not some spectacular gorging session, but this system really makes you realise how damaging the "picking" can be. Damn term essays!

My weigh-ins are on a Monday- hoping this will help to assuage the inevitable "ah sure it's the weekend" mentality!

Hi guys just checking in dwn .5lb last nite really happy as TOM and also big loss last week!! Well done to all iv read the posts its brill!! Lets keep it up for santa!!!:D:D

Musicmental...really dont lose faith you really are doing great and helping us all along here.. Try to put the past while behind u and think of what could be lying ahead of you. I have faith you in :D:D Im sure many of the others here do too...Dont undo the great work you have done already..

Will be thinking of you!! xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hello Ladies,
    Went to my wi tonight and I'm down 1.5 pounds :D I've been sick this week so I haven't been eating as much as usual. Well done to all the losers this week. Welcome Papillion. Musicmental keep your chin up you've done amazingly well don't little a little bump in the road knock you off course. Remember nothing worthwhile is ever easy.
    Psychohope Well done ! Your 1st silver 7 is the best one :D Keep up your great week.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Hey,
    I haven't posted for a while and all is going ok,lost 1.5 this week despite being away last weekend !!!! Only 1lb to go for Santa for my stone :D

MM85 have a big hot toddy in bed with the furry pj's & the duvet up to your neck,sweat the cold out of your system,a good night's sleep. It will do you the power of good...Get up and get back on track,we are all rooting for ya:D
    Dont loose faith now you are so close....:D:D:D:D

hey folks, well done to everyone who lost this week, having a bad day myself today, cant seem, to stop eating :(
    ah well tomorrow is a new day i guess

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the support. I got more or less back on track yesterday. Today however I was going ok, then started throwing up this evening so I'm out of it again. I'm hoping that its just a reaction to the bad week and being run down. I'll see how it goes anyways. I'm off to bed now.
    Thanks again

hope you feel better soon MM

Thaks psycho-hope. Anyone using online ww? New plan has arrived-momentum according to USA, discover on the UK website. TBH it looks exactly the same except its advising you to eat more filling foods for your points.

Hi all, hope you all had a good weekend! Unfortunately I think my w/end may have been too good - ah well, we'll cross that bridge tomorrow at WI.

MM, hope you're feeling better - it's a bad time of year for illnesses! You are doing so great & really are an inspiration to a lot of people here - please keep it up, don't lose heart! And remember, if you ever want a little inspiration yourself we are all here & I am sure you will find it.:)

Congrats to all who lost last week - this is the 2nd last week before Christmas so I wish everyone the best of luck!

Hey just checking in..

Glad to hear your gettin back on track MM..Chin Up :D

Had a not too good weekend myself with drink and food choices..:(

Tryin to get back on track today den hopefully i can continue it til WI on Weds.

Good luck to all for the next two WIs cant believe it...Times flying..:D:D

Will check back in on Weds xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Hey just dropping in to wish everyone good luck at WI this week,only 1 more after this for Christmas:D
    Looks like we have all fallen of the wagon at some stage over the last few weeks, but we have not done too badly at WI's,we must remember to live too :D Wine is for life not just for Christmas ;)

T

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi again everyone. Well another week, I have WI tonight and I know a lot of you have it over next cpl of days. Not feeling too hopeful. Still sick and unable to exercise and feel I had four good days in last week although bad weren't awful if that makes sense. But they were definitely not OP. Feel that being sick has really knocked me. Not being able to exercise definitely makes a difference. I can't wait to get back to it and see how I do. But I am very happy with what I have done and shopping for Christmas clothes was definitely an easier task than it normally would be. Just really want to keep it up, try not be too awful over Christmas and continue it in the new year. I've been out of the gym for five weeks and in that time overall I have lost two. I have been putting on last two weeks though which isn't good. But I am proof that exercise does help!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement