Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Molls

hey pink chick! i feel you're pain - i was up one pound too this week and to be honest i didn't really expect - thought I'd have stayed the same. not feeling too motivated this week - feel like i've put on weight plus i had a pizza on sat and just read on some page that a pizza is worth 33 points! OMG. im so annoyed now! but dont be so hard on yourself - you on the other hand have been sick (i have no excuse). concentrate on gettin yourself better first I think! I'm gonna be so so upset if im up again this week - and the thing is i've no one to blame but myself.
    oh i hope you al dont think im being begrudging - yer all doing so so well. love reading these posts.
    maybe i need a kick start like MM85.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi Molls, eating a pizza is called having a life :D For me that's why WW works cos you have a life not No Carb diets or food combining where I end up feeling miserable after 2 weeks and say to hell with this and go back to my bad habits.
    If you put on this week it might the thing that gives you the motivation you need.

Very true Slaygal - but I seem to be letting myself away with too many bad foods of late, even if its like a sweet here or a nibble there - know what I mean? feel completely deflated about it at the moment. thought i'd reach 10 1/2st by c'mas but at this rate....... however, today is going fine and yest was too so i'll keep it up for the rest of the week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

You don't need a kickstart trust me-it was a complete disaster! I honestly wasn't getting enough food and not a regular enough intervals. I went to aerobics and barely made it through the class. I've planned ahead for the rest of the week but I'm gonna stick with pointing it so I can eat as and when I need to.
    Having said that, the planning ahead has helped alot with my enthusiasm which had waned considerably with the scales fiasco. I just keep thinking of christmas and getting at least past the 12st 8lb mark.
    Pizza is a bit of a devil but it does also depend on what pizza you had? Obviously if it was a thin crust thats better, no pepperoni etc will mean it was less than 33 points. If it was a frozen one you can check the exact points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey guys...i comp agree wit yas...Pizza and anythin else ya may like is part of having a life.. If i couldn have those few little tings i wouldn survive in WW...I think its great that u can eat when u like once its pointed for...WI is tamo so im tryin re do my alcohol damage at the weekend :D:D Fingers crossed... MM85 i agree bout the kick start i was very hungry on it too...I have to jus stick wit my own points and eating patterns!! :)

• Advertisement

Definitely, I think after three months I'd want to have settled into a routine. By the way guys, my names Meg! I find it so strange being referred to as MM85 and it must be well annoying to type. The one thing I will say about the kickstart is inspite of failing miserably it really did put me back on track.:) 3 days so far under points plus at least 6 exercise points earned already.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Very interesting MM85 thanks for that,I can see how they are related to addiction. I gave up smoking on Dec 30th last year,and can relate to these articles,it makes sense to me anyway.
    When I gave up smoking & also when i joined WW,I though about giving up for 2/3 months in advance. Always thinking what a difference it would make in my life,but then shelving the idea[long finger thing].
    Finally one day in December I picked a day saying that this would be the day,told no-one at all,and smoked my last cigarette and that was it.
    I had come to despise the habit. The no smoking has made a a huge difference that goes without saying,I'm so much better off.
    99% of the time I dont miss it at all.I honestly did not think I could give up, but I was very determined.I am very proud of myself :D
    Loosing weight makes me feel incredibly healthier & more movitated and less tired. In time when I reach my goal weight I want to be able to live my life normally in moderation with food. I may always need WW who knows,I like the meetings & the order it helps to bring in my life at the moment.
    I have introduced so many healthy options for lunch & dinner,without my regular,bread,cheese,butter & crisps. I feel fantastic.
    I am also glad I found all of ye when I began my journey with WW.

Sorry for the long post :D:D
    T

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi guys. I am happy again :-) I lost four pounds which brings me down to 13 and a half in total. Am very surprised but am thinking maybe last week was mucked up cos of TOM and it is spread over the two weeks. Am still sick in bed which is no fun and am dying to be able to get back to the gym which is great for me! Keep up the good work everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Well done Everyone - you've all been doing great! And Congratulations PinkChick - I'm delighted for you!:D

My weigh-in was last night & I am down 3.5lbs - I am very happy with this result! I worked really hard to stay OP two weeks ago, and then I missed my WI last week - I was very disheartened last week and really felt like I was losing it - but obviously the previous week helped and all was not lost!:)

I am so happy now because I feel like it has given me back my motivation! Also, reading all your posts helps too - it puts everything into perspective and makes me realise I'm not alone and if I stick with it I will get back on track - so Thank You All!!:):)

Good Luck to everyone who is weighing in today / tomorrow & the rest of the week!

• Advertisement

WELL DONE...Lordar and pink chick!!!Thats great weigh loss delighted for yas!!

Good luck to everyone else WI today or for rest of week...only few hours to mine...dreading it yet again..

Hey meg thanks for the articles...an interesting read i must say!! :D

Well done LorDar & Pinkchick a good loss,going down is always a good buzz ! :D My WI is tonight but I have no expectations at all this week as I have PMT :( I've kept OP & went out walking & to yoga too.....So I feel good anyway :D

Well Done Lordar and Pink Chick ! Keep up your fantastic work. My wi is tomorrow and wouldn't ya know it, TOM started today. I've not been tracking as much as I should however I've been out walking 3 times this week and I'm going out again tonight. usually when its tom without fail my weight goes up by 2lbs. Thanks for articles Meg I found them very interesting.

Well done girls :) my WI in is tomorrow eve - to be honest I'd genuinely be happy to stay put as that pizza i had really threw me but other than that i've been on points and have gotten exercise most days. Being up again would really upset me but you gals are great motivators :)
    This prob sounds really stupid but I'm finding it quite difficult coming to terms that in WW I can eat all this food in one day (mostly good stuff), stay within my points and still loose weight - i guess i've always had it in my head that i had to semi starve myself or not eat any carbs etc to loose weight. like i kinda feel guilty if I reach my points (i.e. 19), but i'm getting over it - just to prove to myself that I'm wrong (this week wont be i know but hopefully next week)

Hi Molls,
    I used to be the same until my sister came up with this analogy, Food is fuel for your body like petrol is fuel for a car you wouldn't put a fiver's worth of petrol in the car and expected to drive from Dublin to Cork. The same is true for your body you need to give it enough fuel to run smoothly.

Good anology! also glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. You know when you're conditioned to beleive something, it's hard not to think that way sometimes.
    made the yummiest chilli con carne ever last night - so tasty. high enough on the points so was half thinking i'd try it with quorn next time - never tried it before and there's only one way to find out!
    I'm in such a good mood today :)

Hi,WI was tonight and I was down 2.5lbs,very happy,now down 11.5lbs in 5 weeks so on target for the first stone by Christmas yipee...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Congratulations Tootsie - great result!:D A stone by Christmas is easily do-able.

Molls, I know what you mean by saying that when you don't feel hungry it doesn't feel like you're on a diet - but I guess that's the good thing about WW. You can fill up on healthy food & because it's low points (or zero points!) you can eat lots of it! Then you don't feel hungry and deprived & I guess that's what helps most - it's the deprived feeling on other diets that doesn't work for me!:)
    What I like about the points plan is that you can eat anything so long as you count it! OK, a pizza might be two days worth of points almost - but sometimes we need that too!;) I bet the rest of the week you've been really good trying to make up for it!

My problem is that I don't think I have gotten the hang of "this is a lifestyle change" thing yet!
    I'm sorry but I do keep thinking - "I can't eat those chips / that choc / cheese etc... because I on WW; but as soon as I reach my goal I'm going to eat them all!!!":o
    I don't deprive myself totally, I do have treats & stuff - I just hope that when I get to goal I will still be (relatively!) good and won't end up starting all over again in another year or so!
    I don't want to spend my life yo-yoing - I want to reach goal & stay there (or close to it!)
    Sorry for the rant!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Hi Folks. My broadband has been on the blink so I haven't been online much this week. Well done to everyone, it seems this thread is working as there have been some great results!

I had my WI yesterday and was down 1 pound. Only 1/2 pound to go now until 6 stone! I had given myself a target of half a stone before Christmas 2 weeks ago and I'm still on track for that, so happy days!

It's great to hear some feedback about Kickstart Meg, I have never done it and always thought I'd be starving on it. Looks like I was right!

LorDar- the 'lifestyle change' thing will come with time, at least it did for me. If you just keep at it, eventually your mind just starts thinking that way by itself, without you having to consciencely stop yourself from eating all the crap!
    Molls wrote: »
    6 stone - that is amazing! well done. if you had to give only one or 2 pieces of advice, what would it be?

Thanks Molls. My advice would be to plan ahead - you will make your worst choices when you are not prepared.

Also, get weighed every week, don't fool yourself by skipping a week and don't weigh yourself in between WI, it really doesn't help.

Well done to everyone!!!!:D:D:D

I was dwn 1/2 pound which was great considerin i was dwn a shockin 3lb de week before so i jus wanted to stay same this week...an i was dwn so its fab!!! STill on track for 2 stone for xmas also...yay!!

So good to hear all the posistive vibes in here ladies...Keep it up!!!

• Advertisement

Well done Lit Up, that is amazing :D I'd like to lose 6 stone too so far I've lost 2 stone.
    Went to my WI last night and was up 2lbs, had an awful week so I was surprised it wasn't more. Time to get back on track !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey guys, had my wi last night was up 1lb but is TOM so not too upset. does anyone know how many points are in those little chubba cups the tiny litttle ones u can get at the sweet factory

Congrats to eveyone who was down at the WI this week:D
    Slaygal & psycho-hope dont worry about being up,draw a line under it,move on,its a new week,well on Monday it is :D so dont loose faith :D

Litup-6 stone is not to be sneezed at,a filppin fantastic achievement,you must be incredibly proud of yourself :D:D:D well done girl :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

hi everyone, same story as most i have read here, tried ww b4 , but no staying power, gave it up after @ 3 weeks. Just can't hack the public weigh-in. living in a small town so u kno everyone at the meeting and they kno you. want so much to shift a bit of this flab b4 xmas. gonna try doing this at home without going to public meetings. might just reach the point where i can do so. really think this is a gr8 thread.
    am humbled by the honesty of everyone, and spurred on by the results too.
    am 5ft 6, tipping the scales at 12st 10lbs n 43yrs. aim to be 12st by xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi ff. Welcome to our little forum. It definitely helps to post on this. I feel I have someone to answer to! Well guys, I have had a bad week. I am still sick and can't do any exercise. I have also found it very hard to stay OP. I had a few things this week involving going out for dinner. I am annoyed I have let myself slide so close to Christmas. But I have decided just to accept it as a bad week and draw a line under it and start being good again today. I think Christmas will be tough with nights out etc. All along I have said that I will enjoy my nights out because other wise I don't know if I will stick to it long term. I will see how I get on at the WI tomorrow and hope I haven't put back on the four I lost last week! Last week I was only a half a pound off my stone but that seems a long way off now. Really annoyed I can't exercise and it will be another while yet. Hopefully effect won't be too bad. Good luck to everyone with the WIs this week.

Hi ff, welcome to the forum. I'm the exact same as yourself-I hated the public meetings coz my self confidence wasn't high enough. I joined WW online (american version) and weigh myself in every saturday morning. Also keep a food diary here in the forum. You can do it on your own!! This place is great for inspiration and motivation so stick with it and you'll get there.
    Pink chick don't let it get you down, I was just 2 pounds from my 2 stone mark this week and I only lost 0.5lb, I was so disappointed but I got up this morning and realised I'd left my jeans in one of my friends houses and ended up finding out I now fit into a pair of jeans from first year in college-4 years ago!! It really brought home to me how its not just the numbers that are an incentive but all the little things like clothes, compliments and the increase in self confidence that weight loss can bring that matters. You're prefectly right, draw a line under it and this week is another week!
    Christmas is always going to be a tough one, I always go home to the family and end up eating mountains of food but I'm planning on making 0 point soups and having a starter so that I'm not as hungry when I sit down to dinner, same for nights out. If you are already full you just can't eat as much!!

Hi all! welcome ff, this really is a great thread and everyone is so helpful and honest.

Yeah christmas is kind scary! I completely lose the run of myself when im back home for the weekend, i can only imagine the damage i'll do with a whole 10days!!!!!! yikes! hopefully she'll cover that in the meeting this week - actually this week was quite interesting - we all stood in a circle, imagined our goal weight as the centre and she asked us different questions and depending on the answer you had to take a step forward or back (eg If you go mad drinking on fri take a step back or if treat yourself with clothes or make-up (non food items) after WI take a step forward etc) - mine was most definately 2steps back one forward! was really good and seemed to make it really tangiable, but ofcourse i forgot all that as soon as i went home at the weekend and picked at everything then my house mate came home from NY with herseys peanut butter cups - tucked into those too! disaster and I was so so motivated to get to 10st7pds within the next 2-3 weeks - god im gettin so mad at myself as i type this......... Woops, sorry didn't mean this post to be so long and self involved.

Hi Ff and welcome. Molls I think the key to xmas is everything in moderation. MM85's idea for Nul point soup as a starter is great, I'm gonna make some Nul point chilli for post pub hunger. Last week in class, one of the girls said aim to stay the same then there's no pressure and you might even lose a little bit. I'm going to avoid rounds when I go out and have a diet soft drink or water every second drink cos my resolve goes out the door when I've had a few.

Slaygal I'm right there with you especially when I'm out with people I haven't seen in a while. It really does require restraint!
    Molls, don't worry about a self involved post! I find myself surprised everytime I see how long mine are but I find I really tend to think harder when I'm typing so more comes out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi All. Thanks for the welcome. Just reading through this thread is an inspiration in itself. It seems to avoid the pitfalls I need to do a bit of prep work, got 2 teenagers who are mad into sport so meals are fairly substantial, very healthy mind you as they are also conscious of that too. But I have to keep the calories up, 15yr old 6ft lad n 5ft 8 13 yr old girl. Time is an issue, so don't want to get caught making multiple meals, any ideas on recipies that I could prep for us all and then bulk up for them? They'll eat anything

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement