Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Well done to all you "loosers" :pac:!!!! Day two on the Core and so good so far. Was hungry at times but I do find a cup of green tea is great for knockin off that appetite. I bought a green chai tea - it has liqourice in it - really great for gettin rid of the munchies around 3pm which is my killler time.

Going to start makin lots of point free soup to fill up in coming days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Hi girls. I've posted in other threads about my efforts to lose weight with WW but have never really given much detail about my years of trying.
    I joined ww for the first time 4.5 years ago and was 11 stone. I had my daughter when I was 20 and up until then I was 7-8 stone. Way too thin I know! After I had her I got back to about 9 stone and was pretty happy. Over the years though the weight creeped up and thats when I decided to join ww.

It went very well the first few months and I lost 2 stone and got my gold card for reaching my goal of 9 stone. Then I stopped going and the weight came back on again. Over the years since I have rejoined about 6 times and have made it down as low as 9st 4lbs. Each time once I get noticable results I stop going and put the weight back on quickly.

Now I've decided to do it at home. I found the meetings very intimidating- I even had comments passed once or twice- things like 'She has no idea how hard it is to loose weight'. I think because I dont have tonnes of weight to lose that some people in my meeting judged me or something.

So since August I've lost 7.5 lbs in a hap hazard way- losing a lb one week, losing motivation the next week, gaining a lb, getting back into it the next week...

These threads have been great support though- I think I would have given up completely if it wasnt for the encouragement I've gotten. I only have about 8 or 9 lbs to loose to get where I want to be and then I think my real struggle will begin-maintaining!

Anyways sorry for the epic post. Best of luck to everyone in becoming a looser over the next few weeks and months :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭lindak

mrsberries wrote: »
    Hi Lindak, ive also just rejoined weight watchers....im trying out the Core plan for the first time. Ive decided Im going to switch between the plans depending on how my week (ie my social life ;) ) is looking.

Day 1, not as bad as I thought. Just up the veggies and fruit at the meals. You can eat most foods (unprocessed) except bread. Thats the only thing I will kind of miss, but I had been cutting down over the last few months.

Am planning on making lots of veg soup to fill up. Will keep you posted!

Thanks !! Well this week I have used the points system. So maybe next week I will give the core plan a try ! You see my problem is knowing when to stop and I think that maybe the points system gives me the guidlines I need. But I wont know until I try it. I still havent got back to a meeting yet and so I am doing it on my own at the moment..... I will weigh myself on tue morning and see how I have gotten on. My goal is christmas so I have 8 weeks to loose 7 lb which is definatley achievable...

Everyone else is doing so well at the moment !! Well done .... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hey first day to a new week on de points... an had lunch out..:D:D iv still six days to get back on the track.....so fingerscrossed!!

Any tips on drinking at weekends..??

How do you guys keep on track with it ??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

I drink vodka and diet coke and try to intersperse with just diet cokes. Thats pointable. If I am out for a meal I would drink wine though. Think a full bottle of white is about seven points but you would need to check that. If you Iprefer beer I suppose choose the lighter options like Coors light or something. It is difficult I find but if you are going out to enjoy yourself just enjoy it and try make up for it before and after. Otherwise you will probably never keep it up!

• Advertisement

hey pink chick...

Yes i no i do try to save points leading up to the nite out n then maybe wrkin harder nxt day... i do enjoy my drink so i dont like to punish myself :D

How are you gettn on ?? are you on the points plan??

Yep I am doing the points. Getting on ok. Have lost 10.5 and have another 4.5 to go. I am a "less to lose" member but believe me it doesn't make it easier!! I like the points because I find it easy to do and I am never hungry on it. I don't feel I would have the discipline on the core that I do on this. I probably could do it faster than I have (just over two months now) but I want to maintain it so I don't want to make the changes too drastic or I'll never keep it up. I am good about 80% of the time if I am being honest but it works for me. I feel if I was strict all the time there is no way I would keep it up. I have changed my habits drastically and am eating a lot better than ever before so hopefully it will be possible to keep the weight off. How are you finding it?

Im finding it ok two and half months now and down 21.5 pounds..iv about four stone to lose so my pace in losing has been steady enough to maintain not too quickly ya no. I would love to be 28lb down for xmas so im aiming for that as my first big milestone.. and take it from there. Yeah i agree we all go thru the same experience no matter what you have to lose. :D Im doin the points as i no it keeps me disciplined... an i am good alot of the time...its jus exercising i try to squeeze in...:D it does help me as the results have shown... !! Some weeks your lazy ya no :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Ladies,
    6lbs this week whooooooooooo hooooooooooooo,I couldn't believe it this morning when the leader told me,I asked if it was right. I got my first silver 7,I was soooo delighted,9lbs in total, 5 more before Christmas now :D:D:D
    My sister rang me after the meeting & it was just brilliant telling her. I've been on a high all day. Onwards & downwards yee ha :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

T:)

Well done Tootsie. Thats brilliant. Everyone is doing really well. Its good to hear everyone using Christmas as a goal because thats what I am doing too! I really need to up the fitness now and start doing more. I have definitely let it slide since starting WW but I feel I need both so that is the next step for me.

• Advertisement

Wow tootsie thats fantastic well done.

PinkChick (good choice for your name change)- Im very similar to you in my goals. Im so glad this thread was set up- this is the most supported I have ever felt while doing WW

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Tootsie - Well Done, excellent result:D:D

Bally8, I think the thing is that everyone has their own hang-ups / unhappiness etc.. with their body, and whether you have 7lb to lose or 7st it will still affect you - you are not to be criticised or whatever just because you don't have as much to lose as some of the rest of us.
    I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the meetings, personally I do (I like all the banter & the tips) - but I hope that you don't feel that here.

I hope we can all support each other in our journey to our goal weights, and celebrate whenever one of us gets there (regardless of how much they lost, or how long it took!) - because when we get there hopefully we will then each be happy with our bodies (of course being women we'll probably find something else to be unhappy with!) (Sorry if there's any men!)

I know as WW a lot of what we focus on is our actual weight & weigh-in day etc....
    But, I just wanted to share a couple of other non-weight results that I have noticed since starting WW (they, of course, are related - but not specific to weight!)

Good things:
    1) I have a waist!!! It disappeared sometime around 1998 and it is finally making a re-appearance! Yippee:D:D
    2) I can (almost!) keep up with a 3-year old - believe me he can run at speed!
    3) Today I noticed a distinct swing to my hips while walking!;) - my head was up, my shoulders were back & I think I may have been a little proud of my new figure!

Not so Good thing (only one!)
    1) My boobs have shrank a little! Inevitable I guess! Ah well, all other good things compensate!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Hi folks,

I've been going to WW for about a year, but my weight loss has slowed right down of late, so I'm going to join your challenge of staying 'OP' for a week and report back here. Hopefully it will get me back on track!

With 6 weigh ins until Christmas I have set myself a goal of another 1/2 stone by then.

Well done to everyone on your efforts so far.

LorDar I loved that post about the benefits non weight. I can relate to them :) I do feel I am walking taller. I love that my jeans are too big and I have to buy a pair because I am actually running out. The only ones that fit me now are ones that were too small when I started. I've also noticed my arms and wrists are smaller. My watch is too big on me! My boobs have got smaller too but it is definitely the only bad thing!! Bally8, I put off joining WW for a long time because I felt that people would look at me at the meeting and wonder why I was there. I knew myself I wanted and needed to lose weigh. It just happened with my shape it was easy to hide the bad bits. I have been very lucky and have got nothing but support. My leader said to me on the first week that just because you have less to lose doesn't make you any less worthy of being there. She said I know myself why I am there and what I want to do so there is no need to feel different to anyone else. Everyone is working towards personal goals and no two people are the same so there is no reason to be embarassed. I was glad she had said it because it really meant a lot to me. As it turned out, there are plenty in the class thinner than me! I can't believe that you got comments like that. Its horrible that people would do that. Good on you for perservering with your goal anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hey there ... just spotted this thread and I was only thinking about going back to WW this week after 2 years. Last time round i did really really well. I joined the first week of January 06 and weighed in at 12.5 st (i'm 5ft5), and reached my goal of 10.5st by May. I was so so happy to be back in a size 12! And well I maintained really well until this year when I totally fell off the wagon.

in order to lose the first time the big things I did were : I switched drinks to coors light or wine, I gave up bread and I had soup for lunch at work - oh and I exercised like mad aswell.

then, slowly over this year I switched back to cider and pints of it, I ate really badly and hardly exercised at all. I went in to the gym in Feb and asked for a new program with the goal of toning up, and I think I went twice since!! Anyway the last straw was last week when I went shopping for jeans because I can't tie the buttons on anything (and these were my 14's that I'd already gone up to early this year) and well I had to buy 16s. And then I went into the gym on wednesday and weighed myself and I'm 11st11. So so depressed - but I have nobody to blame but myself.

This weekend I am going to drink a hell of a lot less than I normally do - going back to coors light - and I'm going to exercise and eat healthily. although I am in agony since my gym visit on wednesday I'm going back today, and really want to try and go 3 times a week. I would have gone to WW this week, but my local class was wednesday and I only thought about it on thursday! (hows that for an excuse :p)

I still have my card, but does anyone know if I need to pay the registration fee again? I'm looking forward to going back because I actually enjoyed the classes before - hope its still the same lady - she was brilliant! so motivating! And I think I need that weekly weigh in to strive for. Hopefully posting here might help me too.

Good luck the rest of ye - ye are all doing so well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Hey!!

Everyone seems to be doing so well here, congrats!!

Thanks a million pinkchick for your comments. I hope I didnt sound too harsh about my experience. Really weight watchers has been great for me. When I went first I always stayed for the meetings and even though I didnt really mix with people I enjoyed the talks and hearing other peoples experiences. Maybe alot of my self-consciousness comes from my own insecurities and not what other people were saying to me. A lot of those negative stares I thought I was getting were probably all in my head after what those women said to me that one time.

Anyways I think weight watchers is excellent- when I stick to it, its the only thing that has worked for me in my quest to be closer to 9 ish stone. Money is a factor in my decision not to attend meetings too at the moment- broke! As I said before this is the most supported I've every felt (the forum and my fiance are my inspiration) so maybe by Chirstmas I'll be there!

Oh and welcome Karmella, as far as I know you will have to pay registration again unless you are a gold member. Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Thanks Bally8 ... i think i was supposed to be a gold member - I did reach my goal weight, but i never went back after that so never got the card. ah well, it will be worth it to get back into it anyway!!

Well done Tootsie!! Amazing result and Im sure you really deserve the high you are getting for all your effort s:)

Folks im really worried about my weigh in on monday. Im on the Core and ive had an extremely hungry day - the salad really didnt do it for me today!! Myself and the boyfriend are off away for the weekend..im panicked as I wont be able to have too much control over the food. Im not using this as an excuse to go mad but will be stayin in a friends house and cant really turn my nose up at the food given. I havent used any of my 21 points yet as I knew to expect this but I just want to do well at my first weigh-in on monday as I will need that motivation to keep going.

Sorry for the rant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Just do your best mrsberries, the whole idea of ww is that it is something you can live with in your day to day life.

Over the weekend fill up as much as you can on core foods and then use your points for the rest. And enjoy your weekend away!

litup wrote: »
    Just do your best mrsberries, the whole idea of ww is that it is something you can live with in your day to day life.

Over the weekend fill up as much as you can on core foods and then use your points for the rest. And enjoy your weekend away!

Thanks Litup, I guess you're right. Will try not to stress about it.

Have a good weekend;)

Well done tootsie thats brilliant..kepp up the good wrk...welcome karmella also...!! its great to have so many new people posting..!!

Week going ok so far..havin done much exercise tho..il walk today as iv my big birthday nite out tonight...an i think il feel better bout splurging if i walk :D:D

Kepp going guys de weekends de hardest bit for me...anyone agree??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Ya though only when I'm in my own house-when I'm at home in my parents I'm much better coz they know how determined I am and let me cook dinner and lunches etc.
    I have had a complete mix up with scales, turns out the one I used in my parents house is way out of sync with my own. Long and the short of it is that I've lost 6.5 pounds over the last two weeks! I thought I'd lost nothing the first week coz of the screwy scales but now I know what happened its split up. Hit my 25 pound mark today! I'm still disappointed coz now I know my scales are actually registering me lighter than I should be but still 27 pounds total down is not to be sneezed at!
    Weightwatchers online gave off to me though coz I shouldn't be losing more than 2 pounds a week and I had registered the full 6 pound loss with them this week :)
    Its great to see the numbers coming down all the time. I'm gradually fitting back into my clothes from years past and thats a huge incentive too! I'm actually only 16 pounds from being in the top of my healthy BMI and while I want to lost more than that to get mid range it seems so much more attainable now.
    I'm currently 12 st 8! (starting weight 14 st 7)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fattynomore

Hi guys,

Great to hear everyone is doing so well. I have a fair bit more than most here to lose so I reckon I'll be posting for a while after ye :p

Anyway, I missed my class on Wednesday. Raging. Got a phonecall from work on Wednesday morning asking me to come in early, then ended up staying late and then ended up doing the same thing for the rest of the week. I want to stick with the leader I have so I didn't go to another class a few days after my weigh-in was due. Probably not advisable but I don't feel like it's hindered me. I'll find out on Wednesday morning if it has.

This week is going ok. Need to do some more excercise. I'll check in again on Wednesday. Keep up the good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Hi Guys

Don't know if any of you can help but I noticed recently a sign for a weight watchers meeting in the Lawn Tennis Club in Glasnevin. Have tried checking WW website but the page for Dublin Classes won't open. Does anyone know the details of this meeting. Want to start asap

Thanks

Hey guys...weekend went pear shaped today :(:( hangovers kill me :D:D

Weds weigh in so iv still some days to catch up defo walking tamo :D:D

Hopefully a lb or two dwn on weds and den fingers crossed il get my xmas target of 28lb :D:D

Im looking forward to it !!!!

Hi Guys, my wi is tonight as I cant make tomorrow. Not overly confident. Weekend wasn't awful but wasn't great either. Sure will see how it goes. Not expecting much so hopefully won't be too disappointed. Good luck to anyone else who has a wi too.

PinkChick; Good luck tonight! Hope you get a good result:)

My WI is tomorrow night & I (almost!) stuck to my points everyday - had a little hiccup on Saturday but over all did well. I just hope it shows tomorrow, 'cos my own scales at home isn't registering it! (I know I shouldn't be using it!)

Glyni, the WW web-site says classes are in Glasnevin LTC on Weds at 6pm - hope that helps.

My challenge for this week: Drink 2L of water a day - big challenge as I don't drink a lot of water (do drink coffee, esp on these cold days!). I'll let you know how it goes - I think I'll have to build up to the 2litres, not sure I can do it today!

• Advertisement

Had my 1st weigh in today and im down 3.5lb :D yay me!!! Im delighted as I was really worried about the weekend.I ate out twice (not overly bad choices) but had plenty of wine on saturday night.

The class was really good and got lots of good recipes from the leader to make a three course Italian meal so feeling inspired and motivated for the rest of the week.

Best of luck with the weigh-ins :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement