Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭0141607

Hi guys just checking in dwn .5lb last nite really happy as TOM and also big loss last week!! Well done to all iv read the posts its brill!! Lets keep it up for santa!!!:D:D

Musicmental...really dont lose faith you really are doing great and helping us all along here.. Try to put the past while behind u and think of what could be lying ahead of you. I have faith you in :D:D Im sure many of the others here do too...Dont undo the great work you have done already..

Will be thinking of you!! xx
    How did u manage it..fair play to you! i am so jealous..cant motivate myself to going bk to the class yet..but trying to be good this week and heading bk on thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

PinkChick wrote: »
    Hi again everyone. Well another week, I have WI tonight and I know a lot of you have it over next cpl of days. Not feeling too hopeful. Still sick and unable to exercise and feel I had four good days in last week although bad weren't awful if that makes sense. But they were definitely not OP. Feel that being sick has really knocked me. Not being able to exercise definitely makes a difference. I can't wait to get back to it and see how I do. But I am very happy with what I have done and shopping for Christmas clothes was definitely an easier task than it normally would be. Just really want to keep it up, try not be too awful over Christmas and continue it in the new year. I've been out of the gym for five weeks and in that time overall I have lost two. I have been putting on last two weeks though which isn't good. But I am proof that exercise does help!

I was in the same boat as you until last week. I had only started WW and I got sick for a few weeks so no exercise. But on the upside I couldnt drink and drank a lot of soup so that helped a little..

Had my weigh in last night and got my first Silver 7:) Happy out, just trying to keep it going over the next few weeks.

Good lukc to everyone with their weigh ins this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Tootsie

Well done Mrs Berries on the silver 7:D

Hope you feel better soon Pink Chick and you'll be back to the gym soon enough I'm sure.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi again. Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I actually had a great WI, I was delighted. Lost my 2.5 pounds which brought me to my first stone and second silver seven. I am over the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Hi guys, my weigh in this week was delayed because my scales were dying. Turns out I'm now 12 st 7.4 which means I have lost just over two stone from my start weight! (I know its 14st7 on my thread but it was actually 14st8) I'm delighted, it just shows you that no matter how disillusioned you are it really is worthwhile to get your ass up on the scales and deal with any gains and you may always be surprised!! Can't believe I've finally hit the two stone, I've been teetering on the edge for so long that I was beginning to think I'd never get there. Those last 2 pounds were an absolute killer!

Thanks for all the encouragement this last while, I really did find this tough. Up until now I didn't really have to try as hard as I had originally thought. Hopefully this will be the incentive I needed to keep me on track over Christmas! Certainly don't want to end up over this weight again!

• Advertisement

Brilliant musicmental, you are an inspiration to us all!! Keep up the great work :)

:DLadies I got my stone tonight,I lost 5 lbs this week, yahoo,18lbs in total gone,I just can't believe it...really I can't....
    I'm just having a huge glass of delicious red wine ha ha :rolleyes:
    My OH is in the kitchen making cheese on toast,none for me though:eek: would rather have another glass of wine ha ha :D

T:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭felinefeelins

Hi all, Great news from everyone, congrats to all.

Did my WI Monday, just 0.5 down, was really expecting a lot more, had a hectic week working 12-14 hr days and was sooooooo good. But, knowing I have here to come back to I didn't do what I would normally do ( raid the presses, and the xmas goodies) I have stuck it out. Here is more of an inspiration than any other method I have tried b4, tis gr8.

MM, wow, brilliant news. I have been told b4 that when you reach the point where your weight loss start to level out despite sticking to food and exercise plan it is a good idea to look at the exercise side of things and perhaps change that up a bit, it can give your metabolism a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭LorDar

Congratulations Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are all doing great:D

MM, great news about the 2nd stone - just goes to show that it can be done if we stick to it!
    PinkChick & Tootsie - Well done too! Put those shiny stones somewhere you can see them everyday!!

I was up half a pound this week - but am not too worried, I was expecting it. I plan on being very good now for the last weigh in before Christmas & hope to lose 3lbs (well, we have to aim high don't we!!):)

Congrats PinkChick & Tootsie!
    felinefeelins tell me about it with the exercise. Unfortunately I'm at NUIM and you may have heard that the canteen burned down? Anyways the gym and sports hall are attached and havent reopened yet so not only am I missing my aerobics classes, I can't even go to the gym to make up for it! Its been so icy I've been scared to go for walks in case I break my neck(came flying off the bike in the frost last week)! I'm just finished college though so I should be able to get my exercise dvd's in now, I have to work around my housemates for these.

No comments on the new ww system? Has it come into Ireland yet? If not I can post a quick list of the "filling foods" if anyones interested

• Advertisement

Our leader said the new WW system would be announced in January - I am very curious as to what it's all about! Is it completely different??? Do you still count points?
    MM, I feel like I would be cheating if I asked you all about the new system - but go on tell me anyway!! (I am a very impatient person - I can't wait until January!!!)

Here goes, this is from WW online american edition. Seems to be pretty much the same as the UK just a different name for the plan
    After years of research, the answer to lasting weight loss continues to be the same. You must burn more calories than you take in; in other words, eat fewer calories and exercise more. This sounds familiar and should be simple, right? Unfortunately hunger, temptation and emotions can make it difficult to stick with a plan. The Momentum plan is designed to teach you the fundamentals of weight loss and help you continue your efforts as you get to goal and beyond.
    The Momentum plan will help you make food choices that keep you satisfied, while staying aware of those choices through tracking. Relying on the POINTS® Weight-Loss System, you will be able to evaluate the weight-loss impact of your food choices. Understanding the Filling Foods will help you make smarter food choices that satisfy. Following the Good Health Guidelines will ensure that you meet your body’s nutritional needs, and using your weekly POINTS Allowance will keep feelings of deprivation away.
    For those who have followed Weight Watchers in the past, you will notice that we no longer have two food plans to choose from. We have combined many of the best aspects of our previous plans to create a single, great plan. A stronghold of the Momentum plan is that the awareness you get from tracking what you eat and drink can put you in better control. But we understand that tracking is not for all people, and have therefore created an alternative way of following the Plan.

What are Filling Foods?
    People tend to eat the same volume of food each day1— by filling their stomachs with food, they avoid feelings of hunger. Some foods — Filling Foods — help keep you full longer, and fill you up on fewer calories. By incorporating Filling Foods into your meals, you’ll learn to stretch your POINTS values and make better choices.
    Take a look at the Filling Food groups. You’ll find lots of delicious choices

BUG_49275_pasta146X120.jpg
    Whole-wheat pasta, brown rice, potatoes and grains

BUG_49275_vegetables146X120.jpg
    Vegetables and fruits

BUG_49275_cereal146X120.jpg
    Whole-grain cereals – without added sugar, nuts or dried fruit

BUG_49275_fish146X120.jpg
    Lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs,

BUG_49275_milk146X120.jpg
    Fat-free milk and milk products

BUG_49275_soups146X120.jpg
    Soups, made with Filling Foods

ToolTip_Question30X34.gif <H1>WHERE ARE THE DRINKS?</H1>Beverages, with the exception of milk, bypass the body’s hunger detectors. That’s why, even though they have lots of water in them, they’re not considered Filling Foods. This includes fruit juices.

fillingfood_icon.gif Look for the green diamond which will identify Filling Foods throughout

Why eat Filling Foods?
    Knowing the POINTS values of foods will help you make smart choices. Sometimes, though, foods have low POINTS values, but lack staying power. Five jelly beans, for example, have a POINTS value of 1. But how effectively will jelly beans keep you feeling satisfied? Before long, you may need another snack, for more POINTS values. On the other hand, one slice of low-fat or fat-free cheese has 1 POINTS value, and is a Filling Food. This means you probably will be satisfied for longer.
    Filling Foods keep hunger at bay longer. They’re great sources of protein; or they’re packed with water and fiber— elements that fill you up and keep you satisfied. Choose foods from the Filling Foods List in the [URL="javascript:openPlanManager('deepLinkToFoodTracker')"]Plan Manager [/URL]and you’ll stay more satisfied throughout the day.

BUG_49275-MOD3_27X27.gifBuild a filling meal

PLAN MANAGER: IDENTIFYING FILLING FOODS

You can find a complete list of Filling Foods in the Plan Manager. Look for the green diamond which will identify Filling Foods throughout the site.
    [URL="javascript:openPlanManager('deepLinkToCoreFoodList','commandType=showToolTip&value=fillingFoodList')"][/URL]

Think about eating filling foods at each meal. When deciding what you’ll have for a meal or snack, ask yourself, “Are any of my options Filling Foods?” From there, you can get creative with flavors, ingredients and preparations. Scan your POINTS Tracker each day, notice how many Filling Foods you ate, and think about how hungry you were after each meal.

The Simply Filling Technique
    Because tracking is not a fit for everybody, we also have the Simply Filling technique. You can eat as much as you want from the Filling Foods List – as long as you remain aware of your hunger levels and choose wisely.

Can't believe I just did that, MM I had just answered you re: exercise, but hit the wrong button and its vanished away into the ether.
    Gem (moderator) would b able to give you a more complete and probably understandable expaination, but , here goes.

Your body gets used to the exercise you do, and adjusts to it, so, if u continue to do the same u wont see the results u were seeing b4. But if u introduce more cardio or strength and resistance training, stick with that for a few weeks, then change it up again u should start seeing the results u were initially seeing b4.

Clear as mud????????????
    I suppose if u look at it from the points system point of view, as u lose weight u change the amount of points u can consume, same thing for exercise, the fitter u get, the more u can do in less time, so increase the amount and variety of your exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fattynomore

Hi again folks,

I just want to say thank you so much for your words of support. I sorted myself out since I last posted and got my ass back to the class. Turns out I was six pounds down. I'm half a pound away from my first stone and I'm delighted. My goal was to have that stone gone by Christmas and all going well I'll get it next Wednesday.

Have been getting loads of compliments and I can see it myself coming off my face and my stomach. Definitely motivation to keep going.

So thanks again guys and well done everyone else!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

0141607 wrote: »
    How did u manage it..fair play to you! i am so jealous..cant motivate myself to going bk to the class yet..but trying to be good this week and heading bk on thurs

Hi there checking in on last WI stayed the same this week...expected mre put least was not up..trying to remain good this week for last WI even if I lost a pound I would be thrilled that would get me to 30.5lb pounds dwn so a very happy me :D

However had some drinkies las nite so ?? We see if i can stay focused til Weds :D

I really dont know how iv done it dis time...iv still a long journey in ww just taking it week by week...which is definitely best!!

Well done tootsie, pinkchick, MM and everyone else that WI..

Lets Keep them stones dropping off...

Who else cant wait to show off in the LBD :D:D

xx

Well done Shelly and Fattynomore, great news.

Had my WI 2day, took a "sneek peek" last nite was 3lbs down, but only 1lb this morning !!!!!!!! Go figure. Anyway, still going in the right direction, had a very bold weekend, love Christmas but its going to be hard work.

As for the LBD, started trying on clothes from the back of the wardrobe, you know that section that has all the nice stuff that u love to look at but can't get into. Twas great, I've only lost 11lbs so far, but combined with the exercise its almost 2 dress sizes!

Hi all, and well done on your results last week!
    Unfortunately there is just so much going on at the moment with parties, lunches etc... that I just can't stay OP at the mo! My (overly-ambititous!) target of dropping 3lbs this week has flown out the window, and now I reckon I'll be happy to stay the same.:D

I will definitely go to WI tomorrow & then I will try my best over the festive season but in reality I will be starting all over again come January (but, hopefully from a lower starting point - if I gain 17lbs I'll be very upset!!:eek:)
    My aim over Christmas is to be at most 2lbs up (have to be a bit realistic!)

Good Luck to all this week - and to those of you that manage to lose, I really admire you!!:D

Had my last weigh in of the year and was up 2.5lbs :( In fairness I ate badly all weekend as had lots of lunches/dinners/drinks out. Am determined to drop maybe a couple over the hols by bein extra good on the inbetween days of the hols.

Good luck everyone!

MrsBerries do the best you can over the holidays don't worry too much,we have the new year around the corner..
    Making chocolate truffles tonight with Lindt choc-enough said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey folks, was up 1.5lbs:( at my last wi but was TOM so kinda expected it, trying to be good now to make up for all the crap i ate on saturday night at work party, + have an awful cold type thing so really not in an exercisin mood at the mo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Well, technically I joined a fortnight ago as of today, but between the jigs and the reels I didn't end up starting at all the first week (assignments, deadlines, funeral....just bad planning on my part) and I knew there was no point going to the WI as a result....would probably have been up as it was also TOM (I gain crazy amounts of water weight then too! Sometimes 5-7lbs! This cannot be normal!). Not a good start!

So I actually began WW as of last Monday. Had my weigh in tonight. Down 3.5 lbs. Really worried about Christmas. Not sure I chose the best time to join :rolleyes:

Hi Papillon, great weight loss. Keep it up.
    As for TOM weight gain of 5-7lbs, I think don't think its abnormal, if it is I'm in the same boat with you. It always seems to catch me unawares and when I see it on the scales I am tempted to fall of the wagon, have done a few times ( Got the bruises n all). This time around I am trying to be less emotional about the scales, I am sticking to the once a week weigh in (but I do sneek a peek every now and then to see how I'm going).
    I don't know what it ,but this time around it just feels right and I think having this facility is making all the difference, I know at the end ot the day I am the only one who can do this( believe me I've tried everything) So even when I have a bad day, I restart straight away, even if thats the next meal.

Good luck to all for the final pre-season weigh in, and have a great Christmas and New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nelliet

Hi everyone, I am new to boards, My husband recommended and showed me the weight watchers board. I loved reading everyone's journeys.
    I have been on and off WW for more than 10 years, I am a gold member.
    I have decided to start yet again, as I have gained two stone since moving here to Ireland with my husband. New foods to get used to, lack of venues to exercise and just plain boredom at times has contributed. Also alot more drinking than I would have been used to. Anyway, getting back up on that old WW horse again. I tend to start gradually, cutting out sugars, then cutting down fat, then I start counting points. you are all inspirational, will see how I go.:)

Hi yall,
    Just dropping by to wish everyone good seasonal luck for the last WI of the year,mine is tomorrow night, choc & homemade truffles,need I say more,lets hope the scales are kind:D

Welcome Nelliet to the forum,I agree all of the people are inspirational here :D

Well done Palillion87- a great loss altogether,& Psycho-hope we're all up at TOM,you'll probably be down this week anyway....
    I'm so looking forward to crimbo now....wonder what santy will bring LOL.....:D That LBD :D

Hi all - well was up one this week! Pooey! Am annoyed with myself:mad::mad: But I know it is all my own fault - somehow my brain thinks Christmas lunches & parties etc... doesn't count as calories! Unfortunately my body doesn't agree:(

Welcome nelliet - and congratulations on being a longtime member of WW!

Everyone here is great - and a real inspiration, especially when you're feeling down!

Even though there is no class next week I am going to be good for the week! (I will try anyway!) I want to look fab in my new Christmas dress - which isn't black, it is purple but I think you could still call it a LBD!;) Can't wait for the compliments!:D (What am I like???:rolleyes:)

Welcome Nellet, you will enjoy it here, good for the good times but especially the bad. There is great advise and some very helpful hints.
    I am taking out the sewing machine now to take in a few bits n pieces for christmas, more to keep me honest than anything else, as they'l be the first hint if I start to "slip" over the yuletide.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hola... been reading all the final WI stories..

Well done you guys...tap yourselves on the back for the loss so far.. and Enjoy the hols... I no i will..

I had WI tonight..dwn 3.5 lbs..!!2st 5lb in total so far and im absolutely thrilled!!! I cant beleive it...If you had have asked me six months ago could i do this..I would have said never..!!

Im going to try and keep logging in over xmas season to stay on the straight and narrow on the normal days :D:D

Good luck to every1 else WI this week xxx

Well done shellybelly08 you have done great work there with the 2 stone 5 gone,you must feel fantastic,you should treat yourself to something nice just for yourself over the hols,as a kind of thanks to yourself :D:D

I had my last WI and was down 1.5lbs,so thats 19.5lbs in total,I am delighted. I intend to TRY & make healthy choices over Christmas, interjected with lots of extra walking for the times I fall off de wagon!!!!!

Remember no matter how good or not so good we fair out over the hols,we must all go back in January and finish what we started....:D

Welcome Nellet! Hope you enjoy.
    I'm in limbo at the mo-I seem to be over points every second day. It is the season, so many nights out and dinners to attend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

just back form my way in now and have lost the 1.5 pounds i had put on last week so all good.

happy Christmas everyone hope you all have a good one

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement