Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

is anybody interested in making a WW league table ????

you pm me every week with your - / + and i imput them on an excel sheet and post it every week to see who's in the lead and who's slacking and hopefully will give us a spur to keep going and being commited , and if your not going to be honest don't join in

so whos interested ??? doesnt matter if this is your 1st week or 50th week , everybody will start off on week 1 on this , just pm me your weight this week as a starting block , and then everyweek after that ???

come on

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

you pm me every week with your - / + and i imput them on an excel sheet and post it every week to see who's in the lead and who's slacking and hopefully will give us a spur to keep going and being commited , and if your not going to be honest don't join in

so whos interested ??? doesnt matter if this is your 1st week or 50th week , everybody will start off on week 1 on this , just pm me your weight this week as a starting block , and then everyweek after that ???

come on

Thats a brilliant idea!!! im onboard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

come on
    Me!

I think you would need to do it on % though, I could loose 4lbs which might put me top, but someone else 1/2 my weight would do better than me if they lost 3Lbs..

all people would have to do is calculate "weightlost / weeks starting weight = week % weight lost"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Me!

I think you would need to do it on % though, I could loose 4lbs which might put me top, but someone else 1/2 my weight would do better than me if they lost 3Lbs..

all people would have to do is calculate "weightlost / weeks starting weight = week % weight lost"

I second the percentage idea, I am fierce competitive, so this might do me some good, need inspiration from all angles lately!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

come on

Ooh I think this is a great idea...will pm you now

• Advertisement

i can do the % thing , just pm this week friday last day with your starting weight and it has to be a weight watchers verified weight ok , then pm me every friday with your gain or loss and i'll do the % ok ??

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I actually can't remember my starting weight. And I don't even know my current weight :o The only figure I look at when I step on the scales every week is the one to say how much I've lost/gained! I'll take note of it all tomorrow night and PM you Eircom_Sucks. Good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Good idea, do we send our actual starting weight or just from today/next WI?

i can do the % thing , just pm this week friday last day with your starting weight and it has to be a weight watchers verified weight ok , then pm me every friday with your gain or loss and i'll do the % ok ??

thats me out, my wife is doing the official one, I'm piggy backing on. :(

this week we'll use your weigh in as your starting weight and next week will be your first weigh in essentially

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

come on

Count me in :)

this week we'll use your weigh in as your starting weight and next week will be your first weigh in essentially

would you do the league table on a weekly basis, i.e % is calculated on previous weeks figure, everyone has a chance to top the table each week then. ie. everyweek, last weeks weight is your starting weight.

if that makes any sence.

If it's not too much hassle I think we should have both i.e. a leaderboard showing who's been doing best overall since week 1, and then a weekly "winner" (for want of a better word!), as in the person who had the highest percentage weight loss that week.

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    would you do the league table on a weekly basis, i.e % is calculated on previous weeks figure, everyone has a chance to top the table each week then. ie. everyweek, last weeks weight is your starting weight.

if that makes any sence.

ideally we could , but your scales could be way off , as the ww ones are calibrated every few weeks and are reliable.

If it's not too much hassle I think we should have both i.e. a leaderboard showing who's been doing best overall since week 1, and then a weekly "winner" (for want of a better word!), as in the person who had the highest percentage weight loss that week.

well ok i'll do that and post weekly winner and overall league table

don't forget pm me by friday with your starting weight ( thats the weight u are after your weigh in this week ) and then every friday after that , can't win if you not in :) , with the summer on our door steps it could be a great incentive to knock those lbs off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

come on

Count me in, although I am not that competitive but I do like to see my name on things, like "winner" :)

I have my weights since I started but I can start this week too, no hassle. It is a 'WW' scales although not the 'propper' one used at the WI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

come on

Good Idea! Will keep me on my toes! WI 2moro eve, so i will pm you then. Thanks for doing too btw. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

come on

Count me in....great idea!! Might keep me going on my off weeks!! :)

Kinda having a bad week this week - not really food wise...just in general! Everything is getting a bit much lately with the wedding, kids, work etc!! I think I'm on top of things now but it can all become a bit overwhelming at times!!

Plan for tonight: Long, hot bath, candles, soft music & WW mag!! NO KIDS ALLOWED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Since I started weight watchers last week, my skin has completely broken out. I wonder if its a form of detox because ive been eating way more fruit and veg than normal. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

mdbatches wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone knows how many points are in one pink'n'white, our leader says 2pp but i read somewhere that theyre only 1pp?
    My WI is on Wednesday, im very excited, first week is nearly over, didnt find it too tough but my motivation is at its peak so I suppose thats why.

I had a lovely tortilla pizza last night for dinner with a big salad and some homemade honey mustard dressing, it was so quick and satisfying! I'm also finding those nescafe skinny mochas great for the evening, theyre very rich and creamy and only 2pp. :)

i cant live with out my skinny mocha! i keep a box of them in my bag for college! works out way cheaper then buying coffee at the canteen too! just having my self a nice big mug of it as we speak!

Watch out for offers in tesco, from time to time they have them at 2 euro...so i stock up LOL at christmas i counted 20 boxes! haha :P cleared out ever tesco i could find cos they were down to 1.50

come on

Its not a competition, we're all at different parts of our journey so its impossible to compete with each other....it wouldn't be a fair table either...some ppl can excercise some ppl cant. It might leave a nasty taste in peoples mouths.

plus everyone weighs in on different days, so there is no way it'll be fair then you have some people doing it at home, some people doing it at meetings.

and no one is going to want to see there name at the bottom of the list, i think that could be REALLY demotivating for someone...i know i'd feel like crap seeing my name in a crappy position...if anything it would just make me wanna quit and hide

I think you should run it by the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

mdbatches wrote: »
    Since I started weight watchers last week, my skin has completely broken out. I wonder if its a form of detox because ive been eating way more fruit and veg than normal. Has this happened to anyone else?

I had that in forst week too....but I think you're right, just clearing out your system because since then and with all the water I have been drinking my skin is best its been in a long time....no spots and its getting its "glow" back nif you know what I mean...was so dull and dry when I was eating unhealthily.

Re the league table.....its voluntary, if you dont feel comfortable about just dont join in!

Millieboo wrote: »
    Re the league table.....its voluntary, if you dont feel comfortable about just dont join in!

Still think it should be run by the mods...it would be awful to see this forum shut down over people squibling over rankings....and i can see get people annoyed and narky about there "ranking" its human nature.

If they OK it....then by all means....people can knock them selves out lol

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Still think it should be run by the mods...it would be awful to see this forum shut down over people squibling over rankings....and i can see get people annoyed and narky about there "ranking" its human nature.

If they OK it....then by all means....people can knock them selves out lol

I'd say it's the last thing the mods would want to be a part of :D

Once people agree to take part in it, I don't see the problem. And obviously if people want to be removed from the table they can do that at any time.

I'd say it's the last thing the mods would want to be a part of :D

Once people agree to take part in it, I don't see the problem. And obviously if people want to be removed from the table they can do that at any time.

i know, i'm just looking out for the forum. i would actually be lost without this safe place to rant on about points and foods and cravings for junk food....and last night i got the greatest PM from someone here, it really showed me how totally great and supportive this place is..I'd be devastated if something was to tear it apart.

and I'd also really hate to see people lose heart and motivation, over what is essentially a bit of fun.

Just please please please check with the mods if ye can do it....we dont need them getting pissed off at us and shutting it down like with the food diaries...that was a HUGE loss to people....

Just for motivation wise, is there anyway, that "most improvement" could be included, you know that even if someone wasn't the top of the league....but they did really improve on there % loss,

like they lost 0.5% next week....and then for following week they lost 1.5% percent...it mightn't be the leader of the table....but is a significant improvement....

I know i sound like a big party pooper raining down on the fun, this place has just helped me so much.....and the people here have helped me SO much....dont want a single person here to feel unwelcome or intimidated by a league table....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Have to say I agree with lainy in regards to the league table. What I like about this place is that people are going at their own pace and giving and receiving support at the same time. A table could potentially make it very bitchy and turn people off being able to vent etc.
    The saying 'why break what's not broken' springs to mind to be honest :)

hey how would people suggest cooking the mintute steak, I like it really tender and juicy....but i've never actually cooked anything resembling steak before lol.

My mum did it the george forman the other day for my brother, i dont know if it was the way she left it in too long or something...but it was really tough and tough....really looking forward to some juicy steak and boiled baby potatoes with garlic butter (flora light and crushed garlic) tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Down 4.5lb. Got my first stone. Thrilled to bits :D

• Advertisement

misslt wrote: »
    Down 4.5lb. Got my first stone. Thrilled to bits :D

thats fantastic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement