Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Millieboo wrote: »
    Dammitj, Summer 2009 I was 4.5lbs from goal, after loosing well over a stone and I like you fell completely off the wagon....whether it was self sabbotage or whatever its irrelevant I'm still angry/disappointed with myself over it because now nearly 2 years later I am back on WW with the weight plus couple extra lbs back on and starting from scratch again.

You say you are good during the week and bold at the weekends, even if you try to keep that up and just "allow" yourself those bold weekends for a few weeks, you may maintain/only gain a couple back....but if you find yourself letting the bold days creep into your week I advise you to go straight back to a meeting....would hate to see you end up in a similar position to me, especially because I am sure you worked very hard to get the weight off! However, I do know when you feel the motivation is gone, its close to impossible to get it back.

Good luck:)

Thanks for the advice Millieboo!

I have lost almost 40lbs so far but I just find my interest waning a little bit these last few weeks, however my exercise has gone way up!

When she told me I'd gained 1.5lb last week I was really disappointed but I guess I could be gaining a bit of muscle too.

I think I might do as you suggested, keep doing it for the next few weeks and if I feel my interest in it coming back I'll go back to class.

I just don't think my heart is really in it at the moment. In fact, I feel some days that I resent it, I know that sounds silly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 brightstar

dammitj wrote: »

I have lost almost 40lbs so far but I just find my interest waning a little bit these last few weeks, however my exercise has gone way up!

When she told me I'd gained 1.5lb last week I was really disappointed but I guess I could be gaining a bit of muscle too.

I think I might do as you suggested, keep doing it for the next few weeks and if I feel my interest in it coming back I'll go back to class.

I just don't think my heart is really in it at the moment. In fact, I feel some days that I resent it, I know that sounds silly!!!

40lbs is incredible well done you!
    The last leg is the hardest but you are exercising and it wil come off but just think how far you've come to give up now. Even if you maintain for a couple of weeks and then get stuck back in. We all fluctuate so I wouldn't worry about 1.5lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Elemis

Hi everyone,
    hope you're all having a good week :)

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of a cooking apple recipe? I've some apples here to use up and I'd love a nice low point crumble or something.
    Would appreciate any recipes if anyone has any!

Am working on a very low fat chocolate and orange dessert at the moment, will try it out and post the recipe if it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

This is what happened to me last summer, i lost about 36lbs my fitness was thru the roof, i was working out 5 or 6 times a week, i loved it...until i started gaining and STS after week after week for FIVE MONTHS...I was no where near my goal but it was an exercise Vs food Vs WI thing.

maybe try shocking your body by cutting 1 or 2 work outs a week, if you dont feel comfortable cutting out excercise sessions, just reduce the time you spend at them. the jolt might just be what your body needs.

I need to shock my system by upping my excercise now...as of today i am finished my last assignment. have a couple of lectures left this week, kinda prep for exams and stuff like that....now its time to put my game face on and lose the flab!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Elemis wrote: »
    Hi everyone,
    hope you're all having a good week :)

Just wondering if anyone had any ideas of a cooking apple recipe? I've some apples here to use up and I'd love a nice low point crumble or something.
    Would appreciate any recipes if anyone has any!

Am working on a very low fat chocolate and orange dessert at the moment, will try it out and post the recipe if it works!

I quite like stewed apple, esp mixed with a yoghurt (the toffee or vanilla weightwatchers ones are nice with it), and maybe a meringue crumbled in if you have the points for it.

I make the stewed apple just using the cooking apples and then instead of water and sugar I use diet 7-up. It turns out lovely and the diet 7up means its no points at all!

• Advertisement

Clever idea with the diet 7 up! Is that nicer than using splenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 firebolt2011

i have just joined weight watchers and i am 27 stone. my daily points are 71. i have worked out the points for today and eating 3 good healthy meals i am 19 points short. i dont want to eat rubbish to bring up the point as i feel full.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    This is what happened to me last summer, i lost about 36lbs my fitness was thru the roof, i was working out 5 or 6 times a week, i loved it...until i started gaining and STS after week after week for FIVE MONTHS...I was no where near my goal but it was an exercise Vs food Vs WI thing.

maybe try shocking your body by cutting 1 or 2 work outs a week, if you dont feel comfortable cutting out excercise sessions, just reduce the time you spend at them. the jolt might just be what your body needs.

I need to shock my system by upping my excercise now...as of today i am finished my last assignment. have a couple of lectures left this week, kinda prep for exams and stuff like that....now its time to put my game face on and lose the flab!

That's good advice, thanks Lainy!!

I might try that for a bit, but I do find that the exercise is really addictive though and I don't feel right if I don't do some sort of exercise most days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I use both, but I like them really sweet.

I used flour & flora light & canderel a few weeks back to make an apple tart, 40pp in the whole thing, got 8 slices at 5 each. I could have got maybe 10 slices from it. If I remember right I used 220g of flour. I can't remember how much flora used but if you take 220g of flour away from 40pp and then work out how many grams that is! 'twas lovely too.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

i have just joined weight watchers and i am 27 stone. my daily points are 71. i have worked out the points for today and eating 3 good healthy meals i am 19 points short. i dont want to eat rubbish to bring up the point as i feel full.

Well done for joining! (Sorry if that sounds patronising! I know it's a big step though :))

As for ways of boosting up your points, you could snack on things like nuts and seeds in between meals, which are healthy but contain propoints. For example, a tablespoon of sunflower seeds is 2pp. If you have cereal you can add seeds to them, or even eat them on their own.

If you're bulking up your meals with lots of 0pp veg, you could add some sweetcorn and peas (both 1pp for one tablespoon).

It will take you a few days/weeks to get into the swing of things properly and it's all trial and error at the start. Make sure you're never starving but don't kill yourself to try and eat all your points every day if you feel like you don't need them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey I know It's an obvious question but have you measured yourself?

That's good advice, thanks Lainy!!

I might try that for a bit, but I do find that the exercise is really addictive though and I don't feel right if I don't do some sort of exercise most days!!

thats how i felt...i was totally addicted to the buzz. and i felt guilty then when i didnt work out...so maybe just reduce the length of the sessions or take down the intensity a notch. :) Your not alone in what your going thru :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I haven't done it using splenda so not sure....
    Yeah thought it was a good idea-my friend heard it at her ww class and passed on the tip!

if your using chicken and poultry, try red meat, some LEAN steak,
    200g of lean minute steak is 9pp Vs a chicken breast 4pp Both are lean...

dairy & eggs also great for using points in a healthy way. 40g of light cheese is 3pp

i know its human nature when dieting to keep meals as "low fat" as possible, but dont be afraid to use points, you can still eat healthy lean meals and use point

Your bang on correct for not wanting to blow the points on junk! That will just send your sugar levels thru the roof and make you binge when you come down off the sugar high.

Welcome to weight watchers and welcome to the thread! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Well done on starting that is the hardest step...... dont worry about not using all your points everyday for a while but dont leave 19 i would try to incorporate some nice snacks- healthy ones to use up some points or else maybe have 4 meals in the day..... when i started first i found that 3 meals were not enough and therefore had 2 lunches one at 12 and one at 2.30 breakfast at 7.30 and dinner at 7.. this really helped me break the night munchie habit which was my biggest problem

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Hi there, I joined weight watchers again last week and im finding I often have a surplus of points at the end of the day also. At the moment I am doing lent so I cant eat junk but I know by easter sunday it will be harder to resist so im also interested in hearing how other people snack?

thank you for the good advice and help. i am really determined this time. i lost ten stone in ten months 6 years ago but put up 12st in 6 months because of family pressures. hope ur doing ok too. again thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Guys I think my WW journey may be over for a bit.

I totally lost the run of myself at the weekend, even after being up 1.5lb last week.

I'm exercising a lot lately so I feel much better and I'm good all week, but then it comes to friday and it all goes out the window!
    Dunno what the hell is wrong with me!!!!

I think I'll take a break from it for a few weeks to see if I can get my motivation back and keep doing it myself and exercising.

What do you all think? Has anyone been through this demotivation?
    Only flippin 9lb from goal now too!!

I know how you feel because I have thought of taking a break as well. But I'm afraid that I'll just put it all back on. I still have a bit to go though whereas you only have 9lbs. Maybe go on the maintenance plan for now and just enjoy being at the weight you're at and then when you're in the right frame of mind look at losing that last 9lbs :)

Welcome firebolt. It's all about being in the right frame of mind and once you are it goes a long way towards your weight loss. Good luck with your journey and feel free to ask any questions you may have :)

Well done on your loss fofany!!

great advice , i have to push myself to eat the point i suppose , thats the way WW works . as far as snacking is concerned i try and replace choclate and biscuits with fruit. when i lost the 10st before i gave up all the snacks and i think thats why i failed , this time i going to admit i have a sweet tooth and enjoy an odd treat. good luck to all in WW.

Hi everyone,

I've a bit of a dilemma and am hoping for some advice..

My current weight is 12st7lb, have lost a bit over a stone in the last 9 weeks of WW at home.

My original goal was to get to my pre baby weight of 11 stone 1lb, as we want to try for another baby soon.. currently I'm losing about a pound a week so slow enough.

However I was looking at my dates etc and I really want to start trying for a baby this month, ie next week, as I am a self employed teacher and It'd be fantastic to have a baby during the christmas holidays.. for a whole load of diff reason including the time my husband could get off etc. That means I'd have to stop ww doesn't it? It means I'll have to go into a pregnancy starting at 12st 7 which although is not huge (i'm roughly 5ft 7), i would've preferred to be around the 11stone mark.

Any advice in what I should do, or have any of you mums done ww and then had to stop it to have a baby? When exactly do I have to stop, as in from the date of conception, or from the date I find out for sure if I am pregnant, ie about 4 weeks away?

Thanks for reading :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

AFAIK Weight Watchers has a maternity plan. I remember my sister's friend doing it, for at least the first few months of her pregnancy anyway. Sorry I've no more info though, I'm sure someone else will be along with more details!

Hi everyone,

I've a bit of a dilemma and am hoping for some advice..

My current weight is 12st7lb, have lost a bit over a stone in the last 9 weeks of WW at home.

My original goal was to get to my pre baby weight of 11 stone 1lb, as we want to try for another baby soon.. currently I'm losing about a pound a week so slow enough.

However I was looking at my dates etc and I really want to start trying for a baby this month, ie next week, as I am a self employed teacher and It'd be fantastic to have a baby during the christmas holidays.. for a whole load of diff reason including the time my husband could get off etc. That means I'd have to stop ww doesn't it? It means I'll have to go into a pregnancy starting at 12st 7 which although is not huge (i'm roughly 5ft 7), i would've preferred to be around the 11stone mark.

Any advice in what I should do, or have any of you mums done ww and then had to stop it to have a baby? When exactly do I have to stop, as in from the date of conception, or from the date I find out for sure if I am pregnant, ie about 4 weeks away?

Thanks for reading :)

I think someone mentioned before that you can keep to the WW programme for the first stage of your pregnancy. You could ring the WW headquarters and ask them about it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sickofbeingfat

Hey there, another newbie here, both to WWPP and to the whole boards.ie/posting thing too. So be gentle!!

Tried WW a long time ago, did lose some weight but gave up for some reason I can't remember. Have been putting off trying to lose weight for as long as I can remember though, real case of the 'Sunday night lying in bed promising myself Monday will be a new start, tomorrow I'll be good' way of thinking. I am tall and have always used the excuse that I can carry extra weight, eh.. no I can't!! Apart from looking and feeling crap I was starting to worry about my health etc..

So, last week I finally picked up the courage and headed to the local meeting which I had been putting off and 'forgetting' about for months. Had a pleasant surprise when I was weighed as I was 4lbs lighter than my scales said, so decided that was a sign!

Had my first WI this morning and I am only 1lb down. I know it is all good, that I am at least losing etc, but I am still disappointed. I had followed the plan to the letter and even though I had a couple of treats I counted them religiously. So, I have picked myself up today and am even more determined to lose at least 3 by this time next week, and believe me I have it to lose.

It's great to have so many of you going through the same thing whether it's trying to lose a few stubborn lbs, a couple of stones or a large amount of weight. Looking forward to going through the 'journey' :P with a few cyber pals in the same boat :)...

Snacks that work for me...

Kellogs cereal bars about 2pp each, Kelloggs squares are 3pp each

Knorr Snack soups, the sachets that are sold individually are about 3pp each

Bran Muffins that i make at home, i've finally tweaked them to be huge and only 4pp each :D

Baked Apples, pp value will depend what you put on it,

Nescafe Skinny Mocha, 2pp

When in town at college or shopping Large Skinny Latte from starbucks/gloria jeans/costa coffee are all about 3 - 4pp and really fill you up and keep you going till your home..

Grilled Chicken Breast. few times i've cooked a chicken breast and kept it in the fridge as a snack, great protein kick for 4pp,

Poached/Boiled eggs....2pp - 3pp each :)

and when my sweet tooth is really taking over...can of coke zero and few slices of lime.

(hmmm may just have to save this list my self....remind my self of good choice snacks)

I'm far from perfect....i crash and burn and attack the biscuit tin way too often!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I think someone mentioned before that you can keep to the WW programme for the first stage of your pregnancy. You could ring the WW headquarters and ask them about it?

Seriously? That sounds perfect, I will ring the at home leader and ask about it. Thanks a mil

Seriously? That sounds perfect, I will ring the at home leader and ask about it. Thanks a mil

Sorry to get your hopes up but I just found this on the WW site in the FAQ section.

If you are pregnant, are under the age of 10 or have an active diagnosis of bulimia nervosa or anorexia we can't take you on as a member at this time. If you're already a member and you become pregnant your membership will be suspended until you can return after your baby is born. Please see pregnancy leaflet. Weight Watchers Leaders aren't qualified to give you advice about diet and weight during pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Just back from Aldi and had a good snoop through the bread section as I had my calculator with me so here is a few of the nice things i discovered

continental milk brioche rolls 1 is 3pp 2for 7 (1.45 for 10)
    continental croissants 4 pp or 2 for 9pp(1.39 for 10)
    Ballymore crust white finger rolls 1 is 3pp 2 for 7(0.89 for 6)
    ballymore crust mini soft rolls 1 is 2pp 2 for 4 pp(0.59 for 8) ( lovely with soup)
    lovely mix of nice low food got some ham cubes lemon sole and some cerael bars at 2pp each (will let ye know what they are like when i try them)

I also finally got the right crisp bars they are yum yum at 2 pp each but need to come with a caution as you could easily eat all 12 in the box as they are not individually wrapped....:mad:

the crossiants are much bigger then the WW ones i got in Dunnes and much nicer as well as cheaper and both have a pp value of 4pp

I have also tried the WW wild bluberry muffins( 4pp) and thought them quite nice and suprisingly filling when eaten for breakie with a banana and a plum...to see if i could save money i pointed the Alid muffin its 11pp so wont be buying that:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

Hi Ho. I have just found out I’m preggy. :D:DYepee. Well I have every intention in continuing with ww while pregnant as I have never been as healthy. I am eating so much better foods and choosing good proteins, calcium etc. I was eating such crap before xmas. I lost 26 lbs and will continue to attend until 12 weeks and then tell my leader. I will buy the 12 weeks diaries so I can point when I can no longer weigh in. I have also started C25K. I am on week 4. I feel fab and so much better than when I was eating such crap and pizzas, chips, burgers etc. I thing the little bean deserves good food. I have not reached my Goal weight but I can do that after baby is born. I am also taking pregnancy vitamins. I could be your WWPP Preggy buddies. XXXXXXX
    :D

http://www.loveicecream.com

the nutritonal info of all our favourite ice cream is on this site :D

there is a even a LIGHT vanilla ice cream (i've seen it in tesco)
    havent pointed it yet tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

So after my 12th WI I have only lost 5lb, I had another STS. I was at this weight after my 3rd WI. I had 3 bad weeks, then up and down and I have been pointing, sticking to my points and exercising :(:(:(

I AM SO FED UP!!!!!! I was supposed to be half way there now :( I am far from close! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement