Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

So just back from week 4 day 2 of couch to 5k and oh my god!!! it was very tough today maybe it was the sun too but i found it so hard but kept going and picturing me in a bikini :p have to my leader is great but i think this thread is what gives me most motivation :) so thanks all....gna chill now and have a nice steak dinner with the oh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

boxoff wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how many points a standard easter egg is? They is one staring me in the face here and its rude to stare ! Many have to make it disappear

I pointed the cadburry one a couple of weeks ago and the smallish egg is 15pp and then it was 5 pp each for the 2 creme eggs in the box a total of 25pp which was not to bad considering it was such a rare treat:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Elliex wrote: »
    So just back from week 4 day 2 of couch to 5k and oh my god!!! it was very tough today maybe it was the sun too but i found it so hard but kept going and picturing me in a bikini :p have to my leader is great but i think this thread is what gives me most motivation :) so thanks all....gna chill now and have a nice steak dinner with the oh :D

OMG you are my sista from another mista!!! Did week 4 day 3 of couch to 5k and when I am on the last run and want to stop, I picture myself in bikini's and other nice summery clothes on hols with the OH :D:D:D That's so funny! I too thought it was waaaay too hot for jogging and have decided to do my runs early in the morning before work and keep the sunny weather for walking.
    In case you didn't know already, there is a couch to 5k thread which is great for support. Link below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2056143231

On another note, the chicken fajitas I was going to cook last weekend, am cooking tonight, looking forward to them. Will point them and post the recipe later.

Enjoy the lovely weekend everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Big Al's Chicken Burgers 360G

6 burgers in the bag

3pp EACH!

WOW!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Monife wrote: »
    OMG you are my sista from another mista!!! Did week 4 day 3 of couch to 5k and when I am on the last run and want to stop, I picture myself in bikini's and other nice summery clothes on hols with the OH :D:D:D That's so funny! I too thought it was waaaay too hot for jogging and have decided to do my runs early in the morning before work and keep the sunny weather for walking.

hhaaa no way!!! Oh it was tough going today! i did it yest & you knw you should take a day break but i went again today and jesus i nearly crawled back into my house :D so ill have a break and maybe walk tmrw....and its only gna get harder :( Iv a week away in 4 weeks so im thinking summer clothes too :p ill take a look at that thread cheers...now to relax on my fat ( soon to be skinny ) ass for the evening :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

I'm too ashamed to talk to you guys at the mo!!!

But well done everyone on your good work and losses :) It's making me feel even more guilty-this is a good thing!

No idea what's wrong..Logically in my head I should be more motivated than ever as I'm so close to finishing it out but I am the opposite.eek!!

Chat to ye with more recipes etc when I'm back in the zone lol xxx

numbernerd wrote: »
    I'm too ashamed to talk to you guys at the mo!!!

But well done everyone on your good work and losses :) It's making me feel even more guilty-this is a good thing!

No idea what's wrong..Logically in my head I should be more motivated than ever as I'm so close to finishing it out but I am the opposite.eek!!

Chat to ye with more recipes etc when I'm back in the zone lol xxx

the fact that your posting means your in the zone! your preaching to the choir...none of us are angels!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Just tried to ring Four Star to order a pizza, had 18 of my daily points left so was delighted to think I could get a full pizza within my points. Then I rung and discover it's closed down where I live :mad:

Then just gave in and ordered Pizza Hut, but that's way more points. Have some weekly pp left but had hoped not to use too many of those this week.

At least I only had weetbix for breakfast and homemade soup with small brown roll for lunch. Not too bad! Hubbie was going out for lunch but I managed to resist going and giving in to temptation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Houmous

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 8

Lainy, is it 3 per serving :)? Thanks

numbernerd wrote: »
    Houmous

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 8

Lainy, is it 3 per serving :)? Thanks

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Blooming

Blue Haven chicken pate is 2 pp for the whole pack:D

Blue Haven are a food co in Kinsale and my ww leader rang them to confirm the nutritional info because she thought it was too good to be true!! But they said it was correct.

I haven't being able to get my hands on it yet, meant to be in Supervalu, Dunnes and Centra.

Anyone else heard of it or had it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Hiyas

FInally managed to track down the low fat ones :) Can anyone who uses them confirm they are 1 pp for 1 and 2 pp for 2???

Thanks

Hiyas

FInally managed to track down the low fat ones :) Can anyone who uses them confirm they are 1 pp for 1 and 2 pp for 2???

Thanks

1 = 1pp
    2 = 3pp

I'm having my self a healthy fry tomorrow...well healthy grill :p doing them on the George forman!

2 poached eggs = 5pp
    3 Bacon Medallions = 3pp
    2 Hodgins = 3pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stacey_y2k11

i just joined WW on wednesday and was shocked i am the biggest i have ever been i am 16st 7 i nearly fainted. I hope i manage to stick to the plan and can get it off. After having my first child 11 years ago i have just got bigger but i have finally decided it is time to do something about it. Found this thread and thought it seemed like a good thread to join and say hi

i just joined WW on wednesday and was shocked i am the biggest i have ever been i am 16st 7 i nearly fainted. I hope i manage to stick to the plan and can get it off. After having my first child 11 years ago i have just got bigger but i have finally decided it is time to do something about it. Found this thread and thought it seemed like a good thread to join and say hi

Well done for taking the first step, it is the hardest one. Don't worry about your starting weight, I was disgusted when I stepped on the scales in November at 18 stone 3lb. I am now 15 stone 6lb and absolutely love that I decided to get this done once and for all.

This thread is BRILLIANT motivation, try and log on as much as you can, great tips and recipes and motivation from others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stacey_y2k11

Thank you Monife and i will definaly be on here having a look at recpies and things it is really hard as my husband is a chef and he loves feeding me up lol that has had to stop he is under strict instructions no big meals and no puds lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I've got into baking something every weekend for like the last 4 weekends, and today I got lazy and got the WW muffin mix.

They're in the oven and look so gorgeous and smell fab :)

I've been picking at (WW) crap all day and am okay point wise but I feel so bad for doing it :-/

I think it's because I'm at home today and not at work, like Chinafoot I'm kinda bored...

Won't be a problem for the next few weeks because even though I'm off work I have so much studying to do I'll be able to keep to a good routine and have everything planned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭tattoo86

Anyone know the pp for knorr instant mash?

I've been pointing it at 9 for the pack and 5 for half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

misslt wrote: »
    I've got into baking something every weekend for like the last 4 weekends, and today I got lazy and got the WW muffin mix.

Are they the orange and choc ones? They're quite nice and very few points so even if you have 2 or 3 it's not too bad ;)

The fajita's were yum!

I used the Tesco Fajita mix (yellow box, crispy chicken on the pic) and I pointed it as 4PP per 1/8 of the pack. In the pack there are wraps, salsa and the coating for the chicken.

So if you use 2 chicken breasts between 2 people and loads of 0PP stuff like chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion and lettuce, that is 6PP per fajita. Not bad I must say, I had 2 and I am stuffed, we had a little WW cheese with ours too so gave it an extra PP per wrap. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Hey everyone, just a really quick question. Sorry for being rude, I'll catch up on all the posts later.

Was going to make WW lemon meringue tonight, was just wondering about the quark it says to use. I haven't a clue what it is? I know someone suggested using fromaige frais the other day would this be a good substitute?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    1 = 1pp
    2 = 3pp

I'm having my self a healthy fry tomorrow...well healthy grill :p doing them on the George forman!

2 poached eggs = 5pp
    3 Bacon Medallions = 3pp
    2 Hodgins = 3pp

What are the bacon medallions?? Also what are the hodgins?? I always treat myself to a grill at the weekend :) I'm currently addicted to fried (no oil) eggs with melted low fat gouda (Lidl) on them, served with tomatoes & rocket 8pp...

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

kildareash wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just a really quick question. Sorry for being rude, I'll catch up on all the posts later.

Was going to make WW lemon meringue tonight, was just wondering about the quark it says to use. I haven't a clue what it is? I know someone suggested using fromaige frais the other day would this be a good substitute?

It was me who suggested it, and believe me.. it is the same thing, i used to have quark back at home.. and taste & texture is the same! :)

Pembily wrote: »
    What are the bacon medallions?? Also what are the hodgins?? I always treat myself to a grill at the weekend :) I'm currently addicted to fried (no oil) eggs with melted low fat gouda (Lidl) on them, served with tomatoes & rocket 8pp...

Hodgins are a brand of sausages, they do a low fat sausage. They are really hard to get, they are usually top shelf in the chilled section in supermarket next to the gluten free sausages. LOW FAT will be written on them.

The bacon medallions are from aldi in the Be*light (light blue packaging) they are like rashers except round and less visible fatty stuff on them. Be*Light also do actual rashers too. which are low in pp

Argos have loads of sales on these days, and i'm sure there will be tonnes of sales everywhere for the bank holday. George formans, or simular style grills are BRILLIANT! Tesco do them too :) Its amazing the fat drippings you'll see coming out of even lean meats.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Monife wrote: »
    The fajita's were yum!

I used the Tesco Fajita mix (yellow box, crispy chicken on the pic) and I pointed it as 4PP per 1/8 of the pack. In the pack there are wraps, salsa and the coating for the chicken.

So if you use 2 chicken breasts between 2 people and loads of 0PP stuff like chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion and lettuce, that is 6PP per fajita. Not bad I must say, I had 2 and I am stuffed, we had a little WW cheese with ours too so gave it an extra PP per wrap. :)

Paxo do the crumb mix that comes in that fajita kit and you can buy the wraps and salsa seperately it works out way cheaper but seriously I agree, they are so tasty!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm actaully looking fwd to weighing in this wednesday morning.:cool:

Ive been sticking to my points relegiously and have done the following:
    • Wed - walked 2.5 miles over lunch
    • Thu - walked 2.5 miles over lunch
    • Fri - ran 3.0 miles in morning + went for a 2.0mile walk after lunch
    • Sat - Cut the grass(really really big garden unfortunatly:mad:) and spent 4-5hrs shoveling/piking grass and compost around the place:eek:.
    • Sun - will be rest day:)
    • Mon -Will be another 3.0 mile run in the morning, 2.5 milelunchtime walk if weather holds
    • Tue - lunchtime walk if weather holds - 2.5 mile lunchtime walk if weather holds

The walking is the norm but any weeks I go running I tend to have more weight loss.
    And 2 weeks ago I did the same amount of gardening resulting in one of my best weeks '%loss'-wise and 'lbs loss'-wise since I started

So, oh please let it be a good number. I averaged 2.5lbs since I started and need 7lbs to have lost 2st wich I hope to reach in 2weeks, so need 3.5 a week...but wouldnt be dissapointed if it were to take 3 weeks:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I'd never even heard of roasting bags until recently :o Must give them a shot though. Do you put any spices or seasoning in with them?

Just a tiny dash of oil and sometimes some dried herbs but it is really easy to go overboard on the dried herbs, I find a good mix of pp free beg is the best for flavour, the herbs can overtake. I buy my roastin bags in the 2 euro shop - ten for euro in a pack.

I joined in January, and weighed in at 16 st 8 it is taking a while but my head is finally getting into it. This thread has been a godsend, everyone here is so helpful!!!
    Good luck, you are not far behind me, feel free to pm me anytime

Thank you Monife and i will definaly be on here having a look at recpies and things it is really hard as my husband is a chef and he loves feeding me up lol that has had to stop he is under strict instructions no big meals and no puds lol

that could be difficult and I think I may just know you feel but from another angle.

I am a lone parent going out with a guy since July. He has the perfect bod. I decided not to go on about my WW to him cos i didnt want to be a diet bore. When i managed to lose the first stone I couldnt resist boasting and his reply was 'wow thats a lot, but would you beleive no matter what I eat I am always 11 stone' - he could eat packet after packet of biscuits, for a man that has five sisters you think he could have just said the 'wow' part and left it at that lol only for I know he is really good hearted and kind of innocent he would have got the dump there and then!!!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Hodgins are a brand of sausages, they do a low fat sausage. They are really hard to get, they are usually top shelf in the chilled section in supermarket next to the gluten free sausages. LOW FAT will be written on them.

The bacon medallions are from aldi in the Be*light (light blue packaging) they are like rashers except round and less visible fatty stuff on them. Be*Light also do actual rashers too. which are low in pp

Argos have loads of sales on these days, and i'm sure there will be tonnes of sales everywhere for the bank holday. George formans, or simular style grills are BRILLIANT! Tesco do them too :) Its amazing the fat drippings you'll see coming out of even lean meats.

The ever elusive Hodgins suasages lol I was in tesco in limerick the other day going along the meat section and spotted hodings black pudding, my heart did a little skip, spotted Hodgins while pudding, my heart did a dance .......but alas - no freaking reduced fat sausages, my heart cried!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement