Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Hiyas

FInally managed to track down the low fat ones :) Can anyone who uses them confirm they are 1 pp for 1 and 2 pp for 2???

Thanks

Hi Rachel, Where did you get the sausages?? Thx
    i just joined WW on wednesday and was shocked i am the biggest i have ever been i am 16st 7 i nearly fainted. I hope i manage to stick to the plan and can get it off. After having my first child 11 years ago i have just got bigger but i have finally decided it is time to do something about it. Found this thread and thought it seemed like a good thread to join and say hi

Welcome Stacey - this thread is the BEST for motivation etc.!! The things you learn on here are invaluable and keeps everyone going! Recipes are yum and there's always someone on to give you a boost on the off days!! Well done on taking the first step. I also started in the 16s, only half a lb to get out of them now so hoping it'll be this week, fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Garden gurl got em in Supervalu in navan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Thanks Rachel, not near me but will check my local Super Valu!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

They are usually in my local Super Valu too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Hodgins are a brand of sausages, they do a low fat sausage. They are really hard to get, they are usually top shelf in the chilled section in supermarket next to the gluten free sausages. LOW FAT will be written on them.

The bacon medallions are from aldi in the Be*light (light blue packaging) they are like rashers except round and less visible fatty stuff on them. Be*Light also do actual rashers too. which are low in pp

Oh excellent, thanks, I was just in Supervalu and never thought to look but there is one beside work so I will check there!!! I will also point the Superquinn low fat ones :):):) Feck there is no Aldi near me!!! The Aldi ham bits are quite low in pp and are great in a salad or an omlette, 1 pp for 75 g I think and super tasty!!!!

I hope every one has a good week, I am hoping my 30k cycle will work off the Zaytoons kebab (without the bread) I had on Friday!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Noooooooooooooooo! i think i've lost my ww calculator while out shopping!!!! AAAAAAH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Just back from a 9.5Km HIKE up the hill of howth - My god - the sweat is still rolling off me, some heat out there 2day?

Just curious does anybody eat their activity points? I dont myself, Id find it hard to eat my 33points everyday, I dont see the point in just eating something to eat 33points, depnds suppose from week to week.

Having a great week this week now, went out for dins with the OH's family yday, got a bacon and veg omellette and it was delish! Resisted on the heaps of chips and onion rings around me! had a lil pig out then last night, had a good handful of hunky dory crisps, a pack of treble crunch and half a bag of cheese popcorn.......... bold I know but was within my dailys as just had the omellette, a WW yoghurt (1pp) and a zero point fruit salad - Hope iv good news after WI in next week.

Is it any hassle in just going to another meeting? Cant make it on tues so can I just go anywhere else??

Good Luck ;)

Pembily wrote: »
    Oh excellent, thanks, I was just in Supervalu and never thought to look but there is one beside work so I will check there!!! I will also point the Superquinn low fat ones :):):) Feck there is no Aldi near me!!! The Aldi ham bits are quite low in pp and are great in a salad or an omlette, 1 pp for 75 g I think and super tasty!!!!

I hope every one has a good week, I am hoping my 30k cycle will work off the Zaytoons kebab (without the bread) I had on Friday!!!!

yeah those ham bits are great. i'm greedy i wack in the 150g carton for 2pp :P

i was looking for a plain cheese pizza today in tesco/aldi they are all really high in points :O i was hoping to cheat and do Hawian pizza with those aldi bits and tinned pineapple!

I bet my calculator is sitting on top of a pizza in tesco :(

Going to experiement over easter hols with the plain pizza bases you can buy, I'm sure a light pasta sauce would do as the tomato sauce on it, and use low fat cheese,

Noooooooooooooooo! i think i've lost my ww calculator while out shopping!!!! AAAAAAH

OOOOOOHHHHHH NNNNNOOOO!!!
    boxoff wrote: »
    Just back from a 9.5Km HIKE up the hill of howth - My god - the sweat is still rolling off me, some heat out there 2day?

Just curious does anybody eat their activity points? I dont myself, Id find it hard to eat my 33points everyday, I dont see the point in just eating something to eat 33points, depnds suppose from week to week.

Is it any hassle in just going to another meeting? Cant make it on tues so can I just go anywhere else??

Good Luck ;)

I get 29 points a day and try not to eat my activity points but I had Zaytoons on Friday night so I had to eat my Saturday activity points, but I generally try not to, I exercise for fitness :):):):)

It is fecking roasted, just back from Lidl and it's fab :):D Once you have your card you can go to any meeting you want!!! Bar MEN ONLY! Unless you are a man!!!

Lainy, Lidl light Gouda is FAB and is in slices and would be perfect for pizza :):D

Pembily wrote: »
    OOOOOOHHHHHH NNNNNOOOO!!!

I get 29 points a day and try not to eat my activity points but I had Zaytoons on Friday night so I had to eat my Saturday activity points, but I generally try not to, I exercise for fitness :):):):)

It is fecking roasted, just back from Lidl and it's fab :):D Once you have your card you can go to any meeting you want!!! Bar MEN ONLY! Unless you are a man!!!

Lainy, Lidl light Gouda is FAB and is in slices and would be perfect for pizza :):D

There light range, Linessa is really good. they have a grated cheese mix of red and white :) Just trying to keep things interesting...boredom is dangerous!

Got some of the minute steak in aldi :) Steak and potatos tomorrow night! wooo hoo

• Advertisement

There light range, Linessa is really good. they have a grated cheese mix of red and white :) Just trying to keep things interesting...boredom is dangerous!

Got some of the minute steak in aldi :) Steak and potatos tomorrow night! wooo hoo

Try butternut squash (if you like it) with light sour cream (1pp for 33 g)!!! It is amazing and 1 pp for a good portion and SAVAGE with steak :):):)

Also butternut squash and leek soup with thyme and sour cream is amazing and 1pp per portion :):):):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

boxoff wrote: »

Having a great week this week now, went out for dins with the OH's family yday, got a bacon and veg omellette and it was delish! Resisted on the heaps of chips and onion rings around me! had a lil pig out then last night, had a good handful of hunky dory crisps, a pack of treble crunch and half a bag of cheese popcorn.......... bold I know but was within my dailys as just had the omellette, a WW yoghurt (1pp) and a zero point fruit salad - Hope iv good news after WI in next week.

Good Luck ;)

I don't eat my activity points, just see it as an extra bonus. If there are bold weeks where I have no weeklies left (which are usually the weeks I drink them all) I might use some activity points if I need them but think I have only done it once.

You can go to any meeting. Mine is in Rathgar but during the snow it was cancelled 2 weeks in a row, and after missing the first cancelled one, I knew I would fall off the wagon if I didn't go to a meeting so I went to one in Abbey Street.

Such a beautiful day but after I have spent 3 and a half hours cleaning my apartment and tidying I am knackered and don't want to go for a walk, feel a bit guilty. Although I did work up a serious sweat cleaning. Do you think that would count as exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

yeah those ham bits are great. i'm greedy i wack in the 150g carton for 2pp :P

i was looking for a plain cheese pizza today in tesco/aldi they are all really high in points :O i was hoping to cheat and do Hawian pizza with those aldi bits and tinned pineapple!

I bet my calculator is sitting on top of a pizza in tesco :(

Going to experiement over easter hols with the plain pizza bases you can buy, I'm sure a light pasta sauce would do as the tomato sauce on it, and use low fat cheese,

hey
    hope ur calculator turns up... just on the pizza thing for the sauce use passata and add a bit of parsley to it or use tomato puree both 0pp... this will help make ur pizza very low in pp...
    i cant find pizza bases anywhere have tried all supermarkets around me andyne no where i get em??

izzy24 wrote: »
    hey
    hope ur calculator turns up... just on the pizza thing for the sauce use passata and add a bit of parsley to it or use tomato puree both 0pp... this will help make ur pizza very low in pp...
    i cant find pizza bases anywhere have tried all supermarkets around me andyne no where i get em??

theres a few on tesco website, just point them now, they kinda steep on points...like a 150g base is 12 pp without anything on top, add cheese thats at least 5 or 6 pp....so talking 18pp for a full smallish kinda pizza....for all the hassel of making it...you could just go and get ristorante for 1 of 2 more pp and it would be bigger....and prob cheaper

I try and get value for money....and value for points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Monife wrote: »
    I don't eat my activity points, just see it as an extra bonus. If there are bold weeks where I have no weeklies left (which are usually the weeks I drink them all) I might use some activity points if I need them but think I have only done it once.

You can go to any meeting. Mine is in Rathgar but during the snow it was cancelled 2 weeks in a row, and after missing the first cancelled one, I knew I would fall off the wagon if I didn't go to a meeting so I went to one in Abbey Street.

Such a beautiful day but after I have spent 3 and a half hours cleaning my apartment and tidying I am knackered and don't want to go for a walk, feel a bit guilty. Although I did work up a serious sweat cleaning. Do you think that would count as exercise?

I would count the cleaning, i would point it as low intensity to be on the safe side, but yeah any physical activity counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

fionas046 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm a first time poster but have followed you all on your weight loss journeys for some time now.

I've been a WW for the past two years and have lost a total of 9st.
    Fantastic, you might say and believe me it is. But here's my problem.
    Since the start of PP I have lost nothing. I have only 5.5lbs to go to goal
    and I just can't seem to get there. :(

I still weigh everything I eat, I track everything I eat, I don't drink and do plenty of excercise. Its like my body is annoyed with me and just says No you've had your lot. NO MORE!

Any ideas? What can I do?:confused:

I'd agree with the others.. the points programme worked for you so stick with it.. and then for maintenance change to propoints.. fantastic loss!!! Amazing! :)

i just joined WW on wednesday and was shocked i am the biggest i have ever been i am 16st 7 i nearly fainted. I hope i manage to stick to the plan and can get it off. After having my first child 11 years ago i have just got bigger but i have finally decided it is time to do something about it. Found this thread and thought it seemed like a good thread to join and say hi

Great to see you here.. its brilliant for ideas, tips and support.. these gals rock.. good week or bad.. it gives you the push you need to believe you can do it and keep going! :D

Quote:
    Originally Posted by izzy24 viewpost.gif
    hey

theres a few on tesco website, just point them now, they kinda steep on points...like a 150g base is 12 pp without anything on top, add cheese thats at least 5 or 6 pp....so talking 18pp for a full smallish kinda pizza....for all the hassel of making it...you could just go and get ristorante for 1 of 2 more pp and it would be bigger....and prob cheaper

I try and get value for money....and value for points

Totally agree.. you can even go for one of the lower pp pizzas and add loads of your own 0 propoint toppings... roasted peppers, mushrooms, pineapple.. means you can have a nice filling pizza without paying for the heavy propoint base.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gracie2112

I've lost 12 and a half pounds on weights watchers in 9 weeks, and feel like I don't want to keep going with it! I'm lacking in motivation and although I am happy to have lost this much weight I still haven't reached my goal and feel like i've hit a wall with it in the past few weeks!

Does anyone have any ideas to help motivate me? I haven't been tracking as much as I should, don't feel bothered anyomore!! HELP!! :eek

Mod note: ill move this to the WW thread in the diet sub forum OP:

November 2009 - March 2010 Lost 35lbs

March 2010-August 2010 Lost nothing for FIVE MONTHS hit a major platuae...I was losing huge amounts of inches but nothing on the scales, had a little melt down and joined Boards :D

September 2010 - December 2010 - Gained 14lbs back (eeeeek) happened So slowly didnt even noticed it cos of college

Jan 1st 2011 - April 2011 - Have lost 17lbs on propoints in 3 months!

Dunno why, just kinda feeling postive today...and feeling postive about the week coming. Maybe its the excercise. After three weeks off excercise cos i was getting projects finished and up to my eye balls in college work and threw out my shoulder.

Did 30 mins on treadmill, and in that time got 2.5km covered. considering the most excercise i've done in the last month is FILE PRINT SAVE....i was happy with that :)

• Advertisement

thats great Lainy well done :D Hey I made your new recipe for the perfect muffin this morning and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they are yummy and sooooo huge. hard to believe there are only 4pp for one :D thanks again for the recipe :)

jackmax wrote: »
    thats great Lainy well done :D Hey I made your new recipe for the perfect muffin this morning and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm they are yummy and sooooo huge. hard to believe there are only 4pp for one :D thanks again for the recipe :)

i know....they are HUGE! and the weeks i'm eating the bran muffins i have my best losses....

before i lost my calculator while i pointed blue berry muffins in aldi.....12pp for ONE MUFFIN! that put me right off them

i know....they are HUGE! and the weeks i'm eating the bran muffins i have my best losses....

before i lost my calculator while i pointed blue berry muffins in aldi.....12pp for ONE MUFFIN! that put me right off them

wow 12 is huge for one muffin. so not worth it. i love the bran muffins though :) and i love the banana in them. i hate deciding what to have for breakfast so they are great and fast too and they really fill me up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

sillysocks wrote: »
    Are they the orange and choc ones? They're quite nice and very few points so even if you have 2 or 3 it's not too bad ;)

They were the chocolate chip ones!

I left them in for too long (they didn't look done :() and they were as hard as the road :(

Such a gorgeous day, going for a walk now, can't wait.

I've exercised 4 times this week so far and can feel the benefit of it, I feel great.

Very positive this week, hoping for a good loss to counteract last week :P I think its the weather, its easy to be positive and happy when it's sunny!

Having chicken marinaded in garlic & herb sauce wrapped in parma ham with BNS chips and a small salad for my dinner, might have a wee drink tonight too.

Am I right in saying parma ham is 1pp per slice? If so I have a 7pp dinner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

misslt wrote: »

Such a gorgeous day, going for a walk now, can't wait.

Did you get my text? :(

Today was fine, just pottering around the house trying to get rid of the last of the boxes (shameful to think we moved over 2 months ago!). Had a good breakfast and lunch, then decided on smoked salmon on brown bread with some philadelphia light. Something must have been off because every bit of it came back up. Feel awful now. Loads of people in work have something or other bug wise so it could be that. But I feel woeful. Really wanted to go for a walk as we hadn't gone since Thursday. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

That's weird misslt, I was only discussing parma ham today with my partner and whether it was 1pp per slice or not! strange that! Anyway, I'm really hoping I get down this week, I've been really good, and I noticed last night while I was grocery shopping that I bought loads of healthy food that I enjoy that I would not have considered cuz I was too busy filling my basket with ice cream and pringles! I'm glad my food preferences are changing already!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭rememberthis

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Did you get my text? :(

Today was fine, just pottering around the house trying to get rid of the last of the boxes (shameful to think we moved over 2 months ago!). Had a good breakfast and lunch, then decided on smoked salmon on brown bread with some philadelphia light. Something must have been off because every bit of it came back up. Feel awful now. Loads of people in work have something or other bug wise so it could be that. But I feel woeful. Really wanted to go for a walk as we hadn't gone since Thursday. :(

I had some Smoked Cod last night and got very sick straight afterwards too... this is really odd.

I had some Smoked Cod last night and got very sick straight afterwards too... this is really odd.

Heh, that is bizarre!

Hoping it was just something not agreeing with me. Really can't be sick right now. Too much on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

There's a vomiting bug going around apparently so it could be that? Chinafoot that's my choice of lunch atm brown bread, smoked salmon and philadelphia. You've put me off it now :p

I've been having a very good few days both food and exercise. Have been both walking and swimming. I'll cry if I'm not down this week especially after being up last week due to TOTM. Let's hope we all have a good week :)

Well done on your loss Lainy. My exams are coming up in 3 weeks time and I've assignments due as well so I can feel your pain.

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    There's a vomiting bug going around apparently so it could be that? Chinafoot that's my choice of lunch atm brown bread, smoked salmon and philadelphia. You've put me off it now :p

Lol, sorry! I love it too :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement