Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Lady lainy, the trick with cooking steak well is when you put it on the pan wait until its browned and then turn and brown the other side, don't keep turning back and forth, cut a little off and taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

I'm going mad with myself because I "picked" at my daughters white chocolate bunny and just pointed the amount that I ate -at least 6points wasted on that!! Also, when we were in the car earlier, I had 6 marshmallows from a bag that the kids were given to share. I thought they used to be low in old points and hoped they would be ok.... they are 1point EACH!! That's 12 points wasted on junk that I normally wouldnt eat! I cant have the dinner that I was planning to have because I dont have enough points left and I used all of my weeklies again on Sat:( WI on Thurs, hope I can catch up 2moro +Wed! I cant stop the kids from having treats just because I want to lose weight, but it makes it much harder for me because I dont seem to have any will power at times!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

misslt, thats fantastic, how long did it take.

i will be starting again tomorrow, had a bit of a downer but hopefully i'll be able to stick with it this time. Its people like you that give me hope. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

misslt well done on the loss!

Eircomsucks I'd be on for the league table thingy..... away next week so after I give my starting weight it'll be two weeks before I can give an 'update'.

The 'taste test' on the sausages revealed that the Denny sausages were the nicest (of course, couldnt be the low fat option!) but the Hodgins Low Fat ones were really nice too. I had those for my dinner and wouldn't have known the difference. Had them with oven chips and some curry sauce and it felt like a really 'bold' dinner. For anyone that likes curry sauce with chips the Knorr Chip Shop Curry which comes in little sachets (3 or 4 in a box) is lovely and only 1 point for half a pack which is loads.

The weightwatchers sausages werent really nice at all (although they did contain the most pork of all 3 which was surprising)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

arandale wrote: »
    misslt, thats fantastic, how long did it take.

i will be starting again tomorrow, had a bit of a downer but hopefully i'll be able to stick with it this time. Its people like you that give me hope. Well done.

This is my eleventh week, I missed one so ten weeks of class.

I'm so happy about finally doing this - I've spent the last 18 months talking about losing weight and to have started it and for it to be happening gives me such a good feeling. It was affecting so many aspects of my life and now I feel like I'm back in control.

It'll be slow going - the slower the better as far as I'm concerned, because this isn't some fad diet, this is for life. I know I'm only young (I'm 20) and I'm so glad I did this now rather than 5/6 years down the line.

Keep at it, if I can do it anyone can :p

On another note, I am loving the Zumba on the xbox kinect!! That's what I'm attributing this weeks loss to :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

It's very easy and FULL of 0pp ingredients! I've made it a good few times and tweak the recipe each time to try and perfect it but today's was the best one I made. I use a LOT of chilli though (twice as much as in the recipe below) as I love it very spicy, but here's a slightly milder version and you can add or remove the amount of chilli depending on how you like it. The good thing is, you can add a small bit at the start and just keep adding more to taste as you go along.

this looks delicious, do you think it would be nice without the garlic? cooking for a friend who can't eat garlic!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Have my WI in tomorrow, so fecking nervous... Feel my weight loss is so so so slow this time :(:( I have to see the back of 11.11!!!!

Congrats on all the losses!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Misslt thats fab well done missus! :D

It's a great feeling when you get to the first stone gone! it was the same for me this weekend and It just gave me such a boost I can't explain why but the difference between 13 and 15lbs gone was immense in terms of my confidence and feeling about myself!

With that said I did not go walking tonight I don't know about anyone else but I'm sooooo behind on house stuff ie spring cleaning so I had to get stuck in tonight when I got in from work my last few and next few weekends are really busy so I have to try fit it in midweek 4 hours done tonight including 3 loads of washing - jesus where does it come from!! but it was doing my head in last night so I had to get it done now to make me chillax a bit!

Food wise I'm doing good though I didn't bring soup to work today I brought a tuna salad instead and I took out some of the meatballs and tomato sauce from the freezer which I made last week - absolutely delish and so full now after all the protein I've actually not had any treats at all today. I've sat down now for the night and i have my peppermint tea to sip and lots of Bones & House to catch up on!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Thanks for the comments.. Im still not back on track!! But i have decided no excuses can ever explain the last few weeks!! The fact is I cant eat what I want and lose/maintain my weight!

I am going back to the gym first thing in the morning!! I have a new tracker and I haev all my old ww stuff taht I might use for this week to get me back in the zone..!! Hopefully will track in advance.. only working two shifts this week so I wont be tempted by all the lovely food in there!!

If i can be on track with college then I can be on track with my food!! No more crappy excuses!!

Eircom_Sucks Im in.. However I weigh in on Sat so I can send it then an it will be starting weight! Hope thats ok!

Planning and preparation have never let me dwn in WW !! :)

Well done on all the weigh losses ladies and gents!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

has anybody tried the Apple&Pork sausages @ Supervalu? They are absolutely savage, with a spud and some baked beans!!!

Tray of 7 for €5, but these were on any 3 packs for €10.

• Advertisement

Don't you wish you could choose where each lb came off?! next few lbs straight off my belly please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Becky85 wrote: »
    Don't you wish you could choose where each lb came off?! next few lbs straight off my belly please!!

Oh god yeah...thighs please, then upper arms. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Chinafoot wrote: »

What she said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

oooh those rice krispie squares are addictive...i know it was a bad idea to ge them! i know they are only 3pp each....but i've had like 3 this evening :O

at least they're gone now!

back on track tomorrow! Last week of college so there will be a big night thursday night! cocktails and vodka!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

I lost a stone just after christmas and fell off the bandwagon shortly after ,put back on two pounds...i'm trying to do it now but i can't stop giving in and then going on a mad one and eating loads.
    Getting quite down about it because my goal was to be a 12 by august currently a 16/18 .Anyone got any tips? thank you

Allure_ wrote: »
    I lost a stone just after christmas and fell off the bandwagon shortly after ,put back on two pounds...i'm trying to do it now but i can't stop giving in and then going on a mad one and eating loads.
    Getting quite down about it because my goal was to be a 12 by august currently a 16/18 .Anyone got any tips? thank you

Welcome back to WW, i was 16/18 starting in Nov and now a much happier 14. I try and focus on each half stone rather than my goal weight, hoping to get my second stone this week. I know some weeks it's so tough and you just can't stop eating, but i find it so much easier with the new plan with the 49 weeklies you can have your treats and stuff. This thread is great for tips and motivation- really helps me focus, come on and catch up on all the posts instead of snacking in the evenings!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Was soooooooooo close to cheating just now, really really hungry and only have 4PP left today, very close to making a big bowl of pasta...thank god my mum caught me staring into the fridge and encouraged me to make a tuna roll instead (6PP), so a little over dailies but I have some weeklies left!

Gish it's hard when the motivation barriers start to slip:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Chinafoot wrote: »

That is definitely my wish. Would love it if the weight came off my legs and then arms!!

Well done on the loss misslt. I'm still on my good run so I'm hoping to have a loss on Weds. Going to try a zumba class tomorrow.

Lainy we can keep each other sane during exam time. It's my worse time for eating. I was at my heaviest during my leaving cert 3 years ago. Went through packets of biscuits without even noticing how much I ate :o Was quite good for Christmas exams this year but I am much more stressed out for the summer ones.

house to my self tomorrow, going to try and get in an hour on the treadmill. my fitness might not be up to it, as i havent moved my ass in weeks, but going to give it a go at least....i used to be able knock out 5km in an hour on treadmill no problem...these days i'm dying after 40mins :O

need to earn some points back :O been snacking last night and tonight WAY too much! and with all the drink that will be consumed thursday night (and believe me there will be a scary amount consumed) I want to at least sts this week.

This plan seems to be working for me....the weeks i know things are happening....i aim to STS that means i can relax a little bit....and enjoy my self...cos if i can have great nights out and NOT gain weight....thats just as good as losing in my books

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Allure_

Thanks for the reply,How do you stretch your points out during the day? i find i use most in work then when i get home at like nine i just snack and snack. Just can't control myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

the ww league table isn't run by Boards.ie

if their is any slagging or bad language i will stop the table , im not doing this for the fun of it , some people lose interest and this will hopefully give them something to drive for , theres no shame in being last , everybodys a winner just by showing the interest in getting slimmer

Thanks for the reply,How do you stretch your points out during the day? i find i use most in work then when i get home at like nine i just snack and snack. Just can't control myself.

Most days I try...
    Breakfast 4PP
    Mid Morning Snack 2PP (Skinny Mocha & Fruit)
    Lunch 6PP
    Mid afternoon snack Fruit
    Dinner 11PP
    so I'm left with 6PP in the evening for snacking etc.

http://suppersatisfaction.blogspot.com/2010/03/creamy-peppercorn-sauce.html

Havent made this yet...but sounds YUM!

1/2 pint skimmed milk
    2 - 3 teaspoons of mixed peppercorns
    1/2 teaspoon beef gravy granules
    1/2 teaspoon white flour
    5g of Flora Light Spread
    Salt & Pepper For seasoning

Comes to a whole 5pp for the whole jug of sauce, I say it would serve 3 or 4 very comfortable

Method
    Add the milk to a small saucepan and heat over a medium to high heat.

Crumble in the stock cube/gravy granules and peppercorns and stir with a whisk to combine.

Mix the corn flour and water together in a small jug or bowl and stir to make sure the corn flour is dissolved.

Briefly remove the pot from the heat and add the water/corn flour mixture. Continue to whisk constantly.

Return to the heat and allow the sauce to come to the boil, stirring all the while.

After it's boiled for 30 seconds or so, reduce the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for a minute or so.

Stir in the butter and whisk to combine.

Taste the sauce and add the black pepper and a little salt if it needs it.
    Transfer the sauce to a jug/boat and serve.

I have porridge and fruit and yogurt in the mornings, for lunch always have salad/ soup with whatever i'm having to fill me up. I also switched out all white bread, white pasta etc for the brown stuff- i think this makes me stay fuller for longer. And I really make the most out of the zero points for fruit now have some with brekkie and for snack in the morning and the afternoon to try and stay away from the biccies.

I try to go for a walk when I get home from work and then have dinner, which i add a lot of veg to so it looks like more, I find if I go for a walk and then come home and make dinner I'm eating that bit later and feel fuller in the evening. I try to only have ww friendly snacks around (e.g. lf yogurts, ww bars, curly wurlys, snack a jacks, veg sticks and lf houmous), that was my big downfall before- if it was there I would eat it.

hope this helps a bit, it's working for me, so much happier with myself since i started

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Millieboo wrote: »
    Was soooooooooo close to cheating just now, really really hungry and only have 4PP left today, very close to making a big bowl of pasta...thank god my mum caught me staring into the fridge and encouraged me to make a tuna roll instead (6PP), so a little over dailies but I have some weeklies left!

Gish it's hard when the motivation barriers start to slip:(

That was me this evening too - except I didn't do too well:(. I had 4 dailies left over too & I managed to eat 16:eek:. I hadn't eaten too many of my weeklies this week, so I took them out of that. But, I have WI in the morning & hopefully all this food in my stomach isn't going to sabotage that. I should have come on this thread earlier in the evening & maybe it would have inspired me to have some restraint.

This morning, when I left my kids off to school I heard that the school is taking extra holidays after Easter & now they aren't going back until the 6th May. So I had a mad notion that I would go away that week instead & booked flights for me & the girls to go to Disneyland Paris. Don't know if any of you remember, but I was there in Feb, but my eldest was sick, so the holiday wasn't great. This morning I saw some cheap flights & just booked them. Now all I have to do is to find some cheap accommodation. So that will be a week of not tracking, but hopefully there'll be plenty of walking to make up for it! I had in my head that I would be extra good in preparation for the holiday - but then tonight happened. Don't know what happened me:confused:.

Well done on all the losses today & good luck to anyone with WI tomorrow - me included!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Re: the excel sheet with losses/gains etc - not a prob at all to do, doesn't go against the charter or anything. If anyone wants to go ahead and do it, feel free.

fofany wrote: »
    That was me this evening too - except I didn't do too well:(. I had 4 dailies left over too & I managed to eat 16:eek:. I hadn't eaten too many of my weeklies this week, so I took them out of that. But, I have WI in the morning & hopefully all this food in my stomach isn't going to sabotage that. I should have come on this thread earlier in the evening & maybe it would have inspired me to have some restraint.

This morning, when I left my kids off to school I heard that the school is taking extra holidays after Easter & now they aren't going back until the 6th May. So I had a mad notion that I would go away that week instead & booked flights for me & the girls to go to Disneyland Paris. Don't know if any of you remember, but I was there in Feb, but my eldest was sick, so the holiday wasn't great. This morning I saw some cheap flights & just booked them. Now all I have to do is to find some cheap accommodation. So that will be a week of not tracking, but hopefully there'll be plenty of walking to make up for it! I had in my head that I would be extra good in preparation for the holiday - but then tonight happened. Don't know what happened me:confused:.

Well done on all the losses today & good luck to anyone with WI tomorrow - me included!

16 isnt too bad so dont beat yourself up about it!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 annabellaxx

Keep the posts coming. Keeping me motivated and boy do I need it right now! Downloaded the iwatchr app for iPhone today. It's great..but I can't figure out how to put the weekly points in. I'm maybe being ditzy but if anyone knows, grateful if they could tell me. And also how it tracks the weeklies.. Thanks as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

the ww league table isn't run by Boards.ie

if their is any slagging or bad language i will stop the table , im not doing this for the fun of it , some people lose interest and this will hopefully give them something to drive for , theres no shame in being last , everybodys a winner just by showing the interest in getting slimmer

I'd like to be included but my WI is a sat morning what should I do if you want weights by Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Becky85 wrote: »

god yeah, .... belly all the way

eventhough I've already come down 4 'belt-holes' in 10 weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement