Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Keep the posts coming. Keeping me motivated and boy do I need it right now! Downloaded the iwatchr app for iPhone today. It's great..but I can't figure out how to put the weekly points in. I'm maybe being ditzy but if anyone knows, grateful if they could tell me. And also how it tracks the weeklies.. Thanks as always.

Wow this looks great. Hadn't heard of it before but looks exactly like what I need-get lazy filling out trackers so it should help.

In the settings there was an option for bonus points (it says US only but I just ignored that) and I put my weeklies in there. That might not be right though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

sillysocks wrote: »
    The 'taste test' on the sausages revealed that the Denny sausages were the nicest (of course, couldnt be the low fat option!) but the Hodgins Low Fat ones were really nice too.

You can get Denny Low Fat Sausages in Sainsburys in Newry. Haven't seen them in the south though :( They are quite nice, stocked up on them the last time I was in Newry.

In other good news, I had to take off my only pair of black trousers for work this morning because they were so loose, they looked ridiculous :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    You can get Denny Low Fat Sausages in Sainsburys in Newry. Haven't seen them in the south though :( They are quite nice, stocked up on them the last time I was in Newry.

In other good news, I had to take off my only pair of black trousers for work this morning because they were so loose, they looked ridiculous :D:D:D:D

hope that doesnt mean your in work with no pants on?!?:D

Isn't it brill when your clothes wont fit .... for the right reasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

Isn't it brill when your clothes wont fit .... for the right reasons!

Yeah it's great, nearly all of my jeans either are too loose they would fall off or they are baggy on me when they shouldn't be.

Only downside, no money for new clothes ha ha About half of my dresses and most of my tops still fit fine, they just look better on me now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »

I put on a dress instead :D
    Monife wrote: »
    Yeah it's great, nearly all of my jeans either are too loose they would fall off or they are baggy on me when they shouldn't be.

Only downside, no money for new clothes ha ha About half of my dresses and most of my tops still fit fine, they just look better on me now :)

Yeah it's wonderful. My jeans are getting loser now too & no muffin top & when I put my dress on this am, I was delighted at how small my waist looked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

It's such a great feeling when clothes are too big!

I tried in some dresses on fri evening & the same with me but in two instances they were dresses I bought last yr that were too small but are now too big I wore one to work but felt ridiculous all day so I put it in the charity shop bag when I got home! I've decided to not buy any more clothes now until I'm down a couple of more dress sizes I'm making do with what I have ATM most of my things just look better on me & it'llbe nice when I'm down to a 12 or so to be able to go out buy a few nice bits together.

On the spreadsheet you can count me out for one I'm doing WW for myself & only myself so don't need or want a competition aspect with others & secondly I'm doing the plan @ home so am not weighed by WW each week. But those participating enjoy but I would say please don't let any unpleasantness or anger from the scoreboard simmer over into this thread - this is a 'safe' haven for most of us & If ppl feel they can't vent, be honest or whatever the thread would be the worse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

morning all,
    what is it with the jars of nutella!!! my own fault for having it in the house I guess...."but its for my niece" BS...anyhow its done I wont tell you how many spoon fulls I had at least I didnt have it on toast :rolleyes:
    right so I'm hoping to hit the stone this week, have 1lb to go...COME ON!!! WI is Wed eve so fingers crossed, zumba tonight so I'll hopefully knock off a few calories and get my groove on!!
    I cant remember who is doing the body combat? but it looks amazing I'd love it, cant find anyone doing it in Co.Limerick tho :confused:
    Best of luck with the WI's everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

First WI this eve, really nervous, hope im at least down a lb or two! Was really good and tracked everything. Fingers crossed!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kate1985

Morning folks,

I'm new to this thread but have been following it for the past few weeks. Loving your work!!!!
    Anyway, I've been soooo good the past few weeks and lost 5.5lbs in two weeks and was delighted. But woke up this morning so unbelievably unmotivated! Dunno what's going on. Went for the swim in the gym this morning, but all I can think about is nice food! I'm off chocolate, crisps and sweets for lent as it is, so maybe I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms?!
    I need major motivation!
    Sorry for whinging! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kate1985 wrote: »
    Morning folks,

I'm new to this thread but have been following it for the past few weeks. Loving your work!!!!
    Anyway, I've been soooo good the past few weeks and lost 5.5lbs in two weeks and was delighted. But woke up this morning so unbelievably unmotivated! Dunno what's going on. Went for the swim in the gym this morning, but all I can think about is nice food! I'm off chocolate, crisps and sweets for lent as it is, so maybe I'm suffering from withdrawal symptoms?!
    I need major motivation!
    Sorry for whinging! :(

Nescafe Skinny Mocha!

Perfect Sweet Treat! 2pp for a sachet.I make it in a thermus travel mug, even when at home, that way it stays hot for AGES and i have to drink it slowly or it'll burn my mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Layla0509 wrote: »
    I'd like to be included but my WI is a sat morning what should I do if you want weights by Friday?

I take it the week in the chart is going to go Sat-Fri so when you're giving your weight this Friday you give it from your weigh in last Sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just back from WI. Lost 2.5lbs. I couldn't believe it. I haven't lost anything like that since January. Feeling so pleased with myself this morning & have forgotten about last night's binge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Hey Guys. WI Tomorrow. Praying I loose 3 to get my stone. Been down 3 nearly every week for the past 4.

Just wondering if anyone had any low point lunch Ideas,I'm a student and I find myself starving and lacking in concentration.
    Any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kate1985

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha!

Perfect Sweet Treat! 2pp for a sachet.I make it in a thermus travel mug, even when at home, that way it stays hot for AGES and i have to drink it slowly or it'll burn my mouth.

Thanks Lainy, but I'm not a coffee fan! Although I'm feeling a bit better now. Probably just tiredness! I find that tangle twisters or super splits are great for a little sweet treat too. (only 2pp)
    WI isn't until tomorrow evening, so hopefully I'll stay good, and get a loss and that will give me a boost!

javagal wrote: »
    Hey Guys. WI Tomorrow. Praying I loose 3 to get my stone. Been down 3 nearly every week for the past 4.

Just wondering if anyone had any low point lunch Ideas,I'm a student and I find myself starving and lacking in concentration.
    Any ideas??

thats the song i've been singing all year. thank god this is my last week of college...i cant count the times my stomach has "gone off" in class....you'd swear it was a dog growling "GRROWL FEED ME"

Cereal bars! rice krispies, special K bars 2pp with a cup of tea/coffee gets me thru the long sessions....little but offten, sucking on hard sweets helps too,
    juicy pears out there at the moment, lol been a few days where i've brought tinned pears and a can opener to college LOL NOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Any ideas??

Why not try a wholemeal pitta bread (3pp) with some chicken/ham, sprinkling of WW cheese and some 0pp filling. I find that lunch, along with plenty of fruit (lifesaver that fruit is 0pp!) really fills me up and I don't find my tummy rumbling until home time. I usually have a bag of popcorn too at lunch. It's 4pp for the 30g Manhattan popcorn but it also really helps to fill you up.
    fofany wrote: »
    Just back from WI. Lost 2.5lbs. I couldn't believe it. I haven't lost anything like that since January. Feeling so pleased with myself this morning & have forgotten about last night's binge.

Great loss, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

hi there,
    for my fellow iWatcher users.. this link has loads of info, and setting options and stuff.. hope it helps, i couldnt do ww without this app..

http://www.davoliapps.info/iphone/iwatchr/

On another note.. i had a horrible weekend!! weather was lovely and all but i had a binge like i havent had one since i started WW!! i dont know what happened to me.. but i hate myself for doing it! i know i stayed within my weeklys.. but still.. felt sick with myself for eating just for the sake of eating.. is binges like this that took me where i was.. i dont wanna be back there!!! :(
    I also didnt go for my long walk.. i do short walks during the week but have a long one on the weekends.. I did a good bit of hard work in the garden tho, so that will hopefully help.. altho i felt sorry for my lil dog.. sure he was looking forward to the walk.. altho he had loads of fun running around with us in the garden.. crazy he is!!

On the score table.. is just that i dont see any point as i seem to just lose 1.5 a week.. every week!! sometimes even less.. so i know in what position i'll be.. no need to track it .. "and for that reason, I'm out!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mdbatches

Any ideas??

I made the spicy butternut squash soup out of the WW book at the weekend and its gorgeous! The bnutsquash makes it really thick and filling - I cant understand how butternut squash is zero points - anyway, if you have a microwave facility at lunch id recommend the soup its so handy - vry easy to make also, as I know how there can be a lack of kitchen equipment can be in student accom, all you need is a roasting tin and a hand blender (i bought one for 11euro in dunnes!). :)

I have the kelkin quinoa and flaxseed rice cakes, within the box there are individual packs of three for 2 points and I spread low fat soft cheese and wafer thin ham on them. Theyre very tasty albeit a bit fiddly if you have to eat in college for lunch. I live close to the college so I nip home for lunch these days - rather than being tempted by the college canteen.

I bring a lunchbox full of fruit salad (grapes, melon, peaches etc) and I graze on that throughout the day because its zero points. Just make sure theres a banana or an apple in your bag at all times for those hunger pangs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 billythekid20

well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

banned

the maturity just ouzes out of ya!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dont respond to posts like the one that just appeared...its only going to encourage the behaviour. hit the REPORT POST its the triangle with exclamation mark

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Billythekid banned for one week for being abusive to other members.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

Any ideas??

I just had a Tesco Light choices Thai Red chicken curry, took 4minutes in the microwave and was tasty, filling and only 8propoints. It cost e2.99. Nice for a change from a wrap/ pitta/ soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Millieboo

Anyone else find it strange/annoying/kinda gross that so many stores still have huge stocks of WW/own brand light products with the old points still on them!!!!

We are 4 months into the new program after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Guys I think my WW journey may be over for a bit.

I totally lost the run of myself at the weekend, even after being up 1.5lb last week.

I'm exercising a lot lately so I feel much better and I'm good all week, but then it comes to friday and it all goes out the window!
    Dunno what the hell is wrong with me!!!!

I think I'll take a break from it for a few weeks to see if I can get my motivation back and keep doing it myself and exercising.

What do you all think? Has anyone been through this demotivation?
    Only flippin 9lb from goal now too!!

Millieboo wrote: »
    Anyone else find it strange/annoying/kinda gross that so many stores still have huge stocks of WW/own brand light products with the old points still on them!!!!

We are 4 months into the new program after all!

not really, sure alot of that stuff is pumped full of additives it to make survive a nuclear bomb...like most "shelf stock" they can last for ages.... just check sell by/use by date on products.

I havent seen any dairy/meat/cheese with old points,

not really, sure alot of that stuff is pumped full of additives it to make survive a nuclear bomb...like most "shelf stock" they can last for ages.... just check sell by/use by date on products.

Oh I know its not out of date, I just find it frustrating having to calculate the points myself when they are supposed to be the products that you can pick up without your calculator etc.

Nevermind, just me I guess!:D

Millieboo wrote: »
    Oh I know its not out of date, I just find it frustrating having to calculate the points myself when they are supposed to be the products that you can pick up without your calculator etc.

Nevermind, just me I guess!:D

yeah i know what you mean, like it wrecked my head at the weekend standing at the freezer in tesco working out points....the old caclulator was so fast to use cos it was just two numbers....but now its like input this number and that number and this number....LOL

feel like such a freak standing there

I try to use the tesco website and do my shopping list, and point them them the info on the tesco site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

I noticed when I looked at the ingredients of the range of fresh ready meals (the ones in the fridge not the frozen ones) that all the ingredients were just things you'd have at home. Was delighted when I saw that because I used to feel bad eating them thinking they were rubbish.
    The frozen ones do have a lot of strange ingredients that you wouldn't have a clue what they are though!

The fresh ones all have pro points.

• Advertisement

dammitj wrote: »
    Guys I think my WW journey may be over for a bit.

I totally lost the run of myself at the weekend, even after being up 1.5lb last week.

I'm exercising a lot lately so I feel much better and I'm good all week, but then it comes to friday and it all goes out the window!
    Dunno what the hell is wrong with me!!!!

I think I'll take a break from it for a few weeks to see if I can get my motivation back and keep doing it myself and exercising.

What do you all think? Has anyone been through this demotivation?
    Only flippin 9lb from goal now too!!

Dammitj, Summer 2009 I was 4.5lbs from goal, after loosing well over a stone and I like you fell completely off the wagon....whether it was self sabbotage or whatever its irrelevant I'm still angry/disappointed with myself over it because now nearly 2 years later I am back on WW with the weight plus couple extra lbs back on and starting from scratch again.

You say you are good during the week and bold at the weekends, even if you try to keep that up and just "allow" yourself those bold weekends for a few weeks, you may maintain/only gain a couple back....but if you find yourself letting the bold days creep into your week I advise you to go straight back to a meeting....would hate to see you end up in a similar position to me, especially because I am sure you worked very hard to get the weight off! However, I do know when you feel the motivation is gone, its close to impossible to get it back.

Good luck:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement