Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I thought I'd pop in and say Hi. I haven't been on here in a few months or so.. this day last year was the very first time I decided to go on my diet and joined WW.. lost my 70 pound in 7 months and its been 5 months since I reached my target.

I thought I wouldn't be able to keep the weight off but the past 5 months I have just gone up 1 pound and down 1... been eating alot more since I reached my goal but working out even more so I am able to maintain my weight

Hope everyone is doing well and close to their target
    and hello to all the new people :)

wow congrats hearing stories like this really helps me stay on track!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

kildareash wrote: »
    wow congratulations mrs, that's a fantastic achievement. You must be so Proud of urself.

Do u still go to meetings regularly?

Thank you so much,
    I actually stopped going to WW meetings after 2 months and decided to do it at home.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Well done, that is fantastic!!
    Did you find the jogging hard to start with?? I feel Im walking so fast that my poor legs are DYING to jog... but Im afraid!! Dont know why but I just cant let myself do it. :o

I found it hard to jog at first, I would jog 5 mins walk 5 mins and then repeat the same for about 40 mins.. after each week I could jog for longer and now I jg about 45 mins without stopping.. It took me awhile to get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Have had a terrible few days eating wise done no exercise am thinkin now if I drink tonnes of water and only have 29pp a day till sat will I undo any damage I probably did (walk for 30 mins a day and 1 Zumba class)
    Or am I wasting my time

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

hey all had such a terrible weekend i jsut ate ate and ate and it continued into yesterday, have weigh in tonight and pretty sure im goin to be up, if not its a miracle, totm and just pigged out last night,, not sure why i dont normally do that think its because i knew i wasnt supposed to!
    feelin pretty crappy about the weekend today and not lookin forward to the class later, have a wedding on thursday this week and we are stayin for the two nights so thats two dyas of food and alcohol, i think i picked ar eally bad first couple of weeks to start ww. boooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Got a new boxset (true blood 1+2) today cos i had a couple of hmv vouchers i got at xmas :) Something new to watch while on the treadmill :)

Night All....I know its only Monday...but i'm already dreaming about getting to sleep in on thursday...

Hey Lainy.. i SO love true blood!! watched all episodes and read all the books too!! hope you enjoy it like i did!!

I'm so looking forward to a lie in on thursday too!! So tired, i'm coming up with a cold or something and all i can think of is BED!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭filmifan

Hi - I've just started the new ProPoints plan, and was wondering if there's a separate section for 'How many points in...?' for this new way of counting points, like there was/is one for the old Points plan?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm planning a trip to Dublin in the next couple of weeks, and that always includes a trip to my favourite Middle Eastern place, Iskander's (followed by MoMo's when Iskander's was undergoing refurbishing). And when in Iskander's (or MoMo's...or any other excellent Turkish/Middle Eastern cafe if you know of any besides these two), I always treat myself to a chicken shwarma.

I was wondering how many ProPoints there might be in a basic chicken shwarma, just so I can do my best to calculate and track it (and of course, put it towards my weekly 49 ProPoints allowance). In the latest issue of 'WW' magazine (the UK monthly one, I mean), they've got a DIY recipe for a lamb shwarma, and they've put down as 11 ProPoints. That's all well and fine when it's you in your own kitchen controlling the portion size and the ingredients (especially the oil and the sauce used, and the fact that in the WW recipe, they're using a normal sized, store-bought pitta), but in a restaurant/cafe environment, when you get a regular sized (which is huge in Iskander's - and gorgeously delicious, by the way), there's no way it could be as little as 11 ProPoints, I wouldn't think...right?

So, if anyone can provide a 'guesstimate' on how many ProPoints (give or take) a chicken shwarma at a cafe would be, that'd be great. I'm planning on saving the entire 49 weekly points just for that day/night in Dublin, but even with that, i just want to be on the safe and (relatively) worry-free side of things while I'm enjoying that shwarma (and wahtever else I may indulge in while in Dublin...chocolate donus at the O'Connell Street kiosk, maybe? Sharing some pizza at Junior's, perhaps?biggrin.gif)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer some ProPoints advice.

Anyone else gone back to old points like me?!!

Waiting to see what loss I get on Saturday! :D

I've been seriously considering it...I just cannot get used to treating or tracking bananas as zero points. It doesn't feel right to me. Although I've been on the PP system for a couple of months, whenever I have a banana, I still track it as 1 point. Does anyone else do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sage girl

Anyone else gone back to old points like me?!!

Waiting to see what loss I get on Saturday! :D

I'm with you doctorwhogirl. Just weighed myself this morning and the same weight as last week and I was really good! Propoints just doesn't seem to agree with me, had a 6 pound loss the first week I was on it but since then... nothing, in fact I've put on a couple of pounds. I'm off on holidays third week in May and I'd love to have 10 pounds gone by then. The old programme always worked for me so I'm going back to tried and trusted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

filmifan wrote: »
    I've been seriously considering it...I just cannot get used to treating or tracking bananas as zero points. It doesn't feel right to me. Although I've been on the PP system for a couple of months, whenever I have a banana, I still track it as 1 point. Does anyone else do this?

Can't say I do, filmifan! I have two bananas a day, I track both & point them both at 0pp and eat other fruit & veg on top of that that I also point as 0pp and then have my 29pp on top of all the F&V! And I'm still losing weight :D Have lost a stone since Jan 22nd! But if you point them and are happy enough to keep doing that, then go for it! Whatever works for you! I just prefer to keep my points for other stuff - namely chocolate in the evening :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

WI was this morning & after a few pieces of birthday cake & quite a few chocolate rice krispie buns & no walks last week, I was down 1/2 lb. So happy with that & I really need to get back to being good. I found quite a few nights last week when I was eating more than usual late at night. I think I'm missing my diet coke which would fill me up when I felt like picking. Giving it up & increasing my water intake has not increased my weightloss - yet. Good luck with all the WIs tonight - especially for those who are dreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Everyone seems to have an issue with 0 point fruit so this came up at one of our meetings. Our leader said that basically, your daily allowance has taken a few points into account for fruit. For example, if your daily allowance is 29PP - it is really around 32PP but they've given you 3 PP for fruit. The idea is to change people's mentality into chosing to snack on fruit instead of choc/crisps etc. Once you eat more than 3 or 4 pieces of fruit a day you need to start tracking it - although I don't know how you'd do that as the book doesn't tell you how many points to use for fruit !!!
    Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that you can be happy in the knowledge that fruit is 0 PP as long as you only eat 3 or 4 pieces per day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey everyone.

I am on top of the world today. Have been really good this week and havent had anything bold in work (I think mainly because I have had no cash on me lol) and today I won a €50 one4all voucher in work and my boss has given me friday off, so can go mad on Thursday. Wooo!!

Just hope I have a really good loss tomorrow as I plan to be quite bold on Thursday.
    Hope everyone is still on track and good luck at WI!!! :):)

Hi - I've just started the new ProPoints plan. I'm still not completely convinced that it's better than the old Points plan (on which I lost 6 stone), but there are some good things about the new programme, I have to admit.

The reason I've started this thread is because I'm planning a trip to Dublin in the next couple of weeks (haven't been to the Big Smoke in ages), and that always includes a trip to my favourite Middle Eastern place, Iskander's (followed by MoMo's when Iskander's was undergoing refurbishing). And when in Iskander's (or MoMo's...or any other excellent Turkish/Middle Eastern cafe if you know of any besides these two), I always treat myself to a chicken shwarma.

I was wondering how many ProPoints there might be in a basic chicken shwarma, just so I can do my best to calculate and track it (and of course, put it towards my weekly 49 ProPoints allowance). In the latest issue of 'WW' magazine (the UK monthly one, I mean), they've got a DIY recipe for a lamb shwarma, and they've put down as 11 ProPoints. That's all well and fine when it's you in your own kitchen controlling the portion size and the ingredients (especially the oil and the sauce used, and the fact that in the WW recipe, they're using a normal sized, store-bought pitta), but in a restaurant/cafe environment, when you get a regular sized (which is huge in Iskander's - and gorgeously delicious, by the way), there's no way it could be as little as 11 ProPoints, I wouldn't think...right?

Using the old Points system, I would save up as many points each day, knowing that if there was a big weekend or a special occasion coming up, I'd feel (relatively) worry-free about eating something I wouldn't normally choose, because of the massive amount of points involved. With a chicken shwarma, or with pizza (although I know we can eat anything we choose, and nothing's off limits on WW), I just saved up my points all week and enjoyed every bite.

But with the new ProPoints plan, being that we all have 49 weekly points to play with, part of me feels that I shouldn't even worry about exactly how many ProPoints there are in a cafe-made shwarma. But still, perhaps just out of my own curiosity, I was wondering if anyone else had eaten and also tracked a chicken shwarma, and if they did, how many ProPoints they put down for it.

So, if anyone can provide a 'guesstimate' on how many ProPoints (give or take) a chicken shwarma at a cafe would be, that'd be great. I'm planning on saving the entire 49 weekly points just for that day/night in Dublin, but even with that, i just want to be on the safe and (relatively) worry-free side of things while I'm enjoying that shwarma (and wahtever else I may indulge in while in Dublin...chocolate donus at the O'Connell Street kiosk, maybe? Sharing some pizza at Junior's, perhaps?biggrin.gif)

Thanks in advance for anyone who can offer some ProPoints advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

fofany wrote: »
    Giving it up & increasing my water intake has not increased my weightloss - yet.

You should definately notice a difference next week.

As I was walking to the toilet a few minutes ago, I was thinking of all the extra exercise i'm getting in every day running to the toilet!
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have an issue with 0 point fruit so this came up at one of our meetings. Our leader said that basically, your daily allowance has taken a few points into account for fruit. For example, if your daily allowance is 29PP - it is really around 32PP but they've given you 3 PP for fruit. The idea is to change people's mentality into chosing to snack on fruit instead of choc/crisps etc. Once you eat more than 3 or 4 pieces of fruit a day you need to start tracking it - although I don't know how you'd do that as the book doesn't tell you how many points to use for fruit !!!
    Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that you can be happy in the knowledge that fruit is 0 PP as long as you only eat 3 or 4 pieces per day. :)

The fruit is still a big issue for some people. I suppose it's a difficult concept to grasp when it's had a value for so long.
    I consider my five a day free...but I'd never eat that much in a day either. I'm not the fruit eater, but now that it's free it is encouraging me to eat a little bit more, rather than reaching for the bag of crisps or bar of chocolate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Hi All,

Advice needed. I'm going out tomorrow night to a delish Italian restaurant. I already know what pizza I want - but not sure of the points in it! It's is a thin based pizza with creme fraiche (I think), cheese and smoke salmon on top. I think the salmon prob works out at about 4pp, but not sure about the base, cheese and creme fraiche - any ideas would be much appreciated! I have 45 weeklies left but am hoping to have most of my dailies too because I know I'll either want starter or dessert - or even both :o

Planning on bringing a fruit based lunch to work tomorrow, most likely large fruit salad with a yogurt on top.

This is my first time using all my weeklies - I feel like such a rebel :D But am also afraid I'm going to undo all my hard work as have done flip all exercise this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Toblerone Cookies

ProPoints® Value: 3
    Servings: 16
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 12 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

These cookies have a crisp outer and soft inner - not to mention the Toblerone chocolate!

Ingredients
    175 g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    1/2 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    75 g Sugar, Light Brown, soft
    50 g Margarine, Soft, Polyunsaturated
    3 tablespoons (level) Syrup, Any Type, golden syrup
    1 medium Egg, Whole, beaten
    90 g Tobelerone Toblerone, roughly chopped

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 160°C/350°F. Line 2 trays with non-stick baking parchment.

Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and stir in the sugar.

In a small pan gently melt the margarine and syrup. Cool slightly then add to the flour with the egg. Beat to a stiff dough and mix in the Toblerone pieces.

Place 16 well spaced out dessert spoonfuls on the trays and bake for 10-12 mins until golden. Leave on the trays to cool for 5 mins before transferring to a wire rack. Once cool store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

oh lainy i just made these this afternoon....the look amazing!!! and a nice size for 3 points!! will def b enjoying one with my cuppa this evening!!!

off to my WI in a mo....not looking forward to it at all at all:( but did a workout there with the nike training centre...its a free iphone app...really good. in puddles at the mo!! off spinning after the WI so hopefuly all my exercise will outdo the horror that awaits on the scales!!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hi All,

Advice needed. I'm going out tomorrow night to a delish Italian restaurant. I already know what pizza I want - but not sure of the points in it! It's is a thin based pizza with creme fraiche (I think), cheese and smoke salmon on top. I think the salmon prob works out at about 4pp, but not sure about the base, cheese and creme fraiche - any ideas would be much appreciated! I have 45 weeklies left but am hoping to have most of my dailies too because I know I'll either want starter or dessert - or even both :o

Planning on bringing a fruit based lunch to work tomorrow, most likely large fruit salad with a yogurt on top.

This is my first time using all my weeklies - I feel like such a rebel :D But am also afraid I'm going to undo all my hard work as have done flip all exercise this week!

A goodfellas thin base cheese pizza is 26pp if I remember correctly, its quite cheesy, so maybe 30pp with the salmon depending on d size...

Good luck with the weight in danii, with all that exercise you deserve a loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hi - I've just started the new ProPoints plan, and was wondering if there's a separate section for 'How many points in...?' for this new way of counting points, like there was/is one for the old Points plan?

all ww stuff is in THIS tread. it got too messy, ppl double posting and missing out on stuff with two/three threads going. so the mods merged it. it was head wrecking going back and forth between two threads.

loads of people have posted lists of stuff and eating out propoints....just a matter of going back and reading this thread....Propoints starts i think on page 360..

Danii86 wrote: »
    oh lainy i just made these this afternoon....the look amazing!!! and a nice size for 3 points!! will def b enjoying one with my cuppa this evening!!!

off to my WI in a mo....not looking forward to it at all at all:( but did a workout there with the nike training centre...its a free iphone app...really good. in puddles at the mo!! off spinning after the WI so hopefuly all my exercise will outdo the horror that awaits on the scales!!

glad they turned out well! they sound amazing! i'd love to make them with white toblerone...wonder how much would that add to them...white chocolate seems to way higher in points

• Advertisement

Thanks, Lady Lainy. I can definitely appreciate how a separate thread could lead to all sorts of double-postings and accidental mix-ups and lost replies, etc. I'm glad that it's all in the one area, then. And thanks, too, for letting me know where I can begin my search. Surely someone out there in WW land must have had a craving for a shwarma at some stage...I can only guess that it'd be tons of points/ProPoints (between the gorgeous thick and doughy lafa bread and the sauce they add to it, not to mention the amount of oil that the whole thing is cooked/broiled in - yikes!), but was just wondering anyway, how many points/ProPoints I should put down if I actually tracked it, ingredient for ingredient.

Thanks again - I'll begin my search now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I thought I'd pop in and say Hi. I haven't been on here in a few months or so.. this day last year was the very first time I decided to go on my diet and joined WW.. lost my 70 pound in 7 months and its been 5 months since I reached my target.

I thought I wouldn't be able to keep the weight off but the past 5 months I have just gone up 1 pound and down 1... been eating alot more since I reached my goal but working out even more so I am able to maintain my weight

Hope everyone is doing well and close to their target
    and hello to all the new people :)

Wow 10lbs a month thats a fantastic loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

hey guys,

Lost a half a pound this week, lil bit dissapointed did ALOT of excerise last week and didnt use any of my weeklys! lost four pounds last week and the week before that, suppose might explain it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Lost 3 and a half pounds this week-delighted! All the water really helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

Happy out. another 2lbs down:D. Only a pound and a half to go to my target weight... YIPPEE.... i had a bad wend but i drank loads of water and walked/jogged every day so that def helped.

This thread has been brill, it has really kept me going and has been better than any class.;)

Today our leader spoke about varying what we eat so we dont get bored and fall off the wagon!!

Good luck with all the WI;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭RJC09

Surely someone out there in WW land must have had a craving for a shwarma at some stage...I can only guess that it'd be tons of points/ProPoints (between the gorgeous thick and doughy lafa bread and the sauce they add to it, not to mention the amount of oil that the whole thing is cooked/broiled in - yikes!), but was just wondering anyway, how many points/ProPoints I should put down if I actually tracked it, ingredient for ingredient.

hi! I looked on sparkpeople for the nutritional information for a chicken shawarma and its coming up at 13pp. it might not be 100% accurate, but its a starting point! if i cant find info on a certain item i always look up spark for something in the same region and add a few extra points on. as i said, its not 100% but its better than nothing!
    Dont worry too much about getting it spot on, just try your best and enjoy yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all

Wow i havet posted in a few weeks..!! Was away in barcelona den had a HEns Weekend the weekend after so for about 10 days I was a mess! However I decided to cop de feck on and go back to wi !! Thought I wuda been up bout 6lbs and turns out I was dwn a half!! :) Delighted wasnt even the word!! SO im back tracking now.. used weeklies on a bender at de weekend but tryin to stay on the straight and narrow now :)!!

So mad how the scales completely dictated my week !!

Hope all you guys are still doing great things..!

Shell x

well i STS the same this week which im actually fairly happy with because i was convinced i would be up!!! pushed myself ridiculously hard in my spinning class and altogether today iv earned 16 activity pp....wot a start to my fresh ww week!!!:D

huggiebear wrote: »
    Happy out. another 2lbs down:D. Only a pound and a half to go to my target weight... YIPPEE.... i had a bad wend but i drank loads of water and walked/jogged every day so that def helped.

This thread has been brill, it has really kept me going and has been better than any class.;)

Today our leader spoke about varying what we eat so we dont get bored and fall off the wagon!!

Good luck with all the WI;)

i def agree with your leader...i get so bored and start to stray if i start eating the same things all the time. even the one soup for the week starts to get a bit much by friday/saturday!!! im pretty much living on chicken for my dinners ans im slowly getting bored and runing out of different things to do with a chicken breast!! goin to try salmon with creme fraiche tomorrow...found a recipie in the BBC good food mag that im goin to adjust to or needs!!!

• Advertisement

Anyone know how i'd point 100g of minute steak?

are there other names for "minute steak" cos i cant find it on ww uk site...

its really thinly sliced beef, my mom got it from butcher, its lean, no visble fat.

could one call it...."beef, braising steak, lean, raw" 100g for 3pp?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement