Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

hey everyone... had wi last nite was down 1.5lbs :D so thats 21lbs since 1st of february:D...Our usual leader was sick so she had someone else in who was horrible really put me off and i was down enough to get my third silver seven but she never gave it to me:mad:.. i didn bother saying anything to her i just going to wait till my leader is back next week:D... god it can really put you off if u dont get on with ur leader after your one last nite it make me appreciate how brilliant my leader is so lucky to have her... One girl even reached her goal weight and ur one said nothing bout it but as i said our leader will mark the ocasion next week for sure...

hope everyone else gets on ok at wi this week...

Have dinner out tonight and its italian wer having so looked at the menu and my eating out guide and bruchetta seems to be the one to go for for the starter, highest is 7pp so will go with that and maybe a cheese and tomato pizza for the main it will hardly be to big if its just for one so going with 16pp for that and desert i am hoping to resist... any other advice regarding italian food?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done on the losses ladies that's great news!

Monife re the shin splints it basically feels like your muscles are too tight ie not lose so I was feeling a horrible burning sensation all down my shins, I slowed down on the jogging hoping they'd pass once my muscles had loosened up but they didn't they just got worse. I felt a bit of stiffness afterward as well.

I think I didnt warm up properly & feeling so crap I was probably dehydrated as well - even though I'd had 2ltrs of water so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

I think it's common in new runners/ joggers because our muscles are not used to bring put under so much stress, it's also common if running on hard ground - I've been doing it on concrete! Fair play on the couch to five k that's brilliant :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hi All,

Advice needed. I'm going out tomorrow night to a delish Italian restaurant. I already know what pizza I want - but not sure of the points in it! It's is a thin based pizza with creme fraiche (I think), cheese and smoke salmon on top. I think the salmon prob works out at about 4pp, but not sure about the base, cheese and creme fraiche - any ideas would be much appreciated! I have 45 weeklies left but am hoping to have most of my dailies too because I know I'll either want starter or dessert - or even both :o

Planning on bringing a fruit based lunch to work tomorrow, most likely large fruit salad with a yogurt on top.

This is my first time using all my weeklies - I feel like such a rebel :D But am also afraid I'm going to undo all my hard work as have done flip all exercise this week!

hey a dr otker italian pollo pizza is 21pp for the hole pizza... and in dominos a medium italian pizza per slice cheese and tomato is 4pp ... hope this helps a little.. Im having italian tonight aswell but hoping to just use my dailies as i want to keep my weeklies for a night out fridy nite:D

M'lady that's a really good exercise regime good variety! Im holding off on doing any weights until I have the first 16 or so pounds off! I wanted to wait till some of my back flab & upper arm flab was gone before I started working on those muscles :)

I'm quite short & seem to hold alot of weight on my back it's gone down loads now which is great, still a little roll either side but not as huge looking as before, I was afraid if I started weights at the get go none of that would shift! So 4 more lbs to go before I start my weights - it's a set I bought about 10 yrs ago & I probably uses then as weights for about 2 months & colourful door stops the last 9 years 10 months :P so time to dust them off!!

I not a great fish eater but i do like cod fillet in bread crumbs or batter then cooked in the oven... does anyone no pp for any of them i shop in aldi and supervlu usually... any of them recomended good valu??:p

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Well I was looking in the Eating Out Guide last night and kinda doing an average out of the 5 or 6 restaurants that are listed in it and I think it was working out at about 28pp. I could ask for the pizza without the cheese, but then it's not a pizza in my eyes! Who knew that eating out could be such a minefield?

Yeah I know Pizza is definitely my favourite food and I struggle pointing it. What I have done a couple of times in restaurants is asked them to use only half the amount of cheese they usually do and use sparingly. Its a compromise. To think I used to ask for extra cheese. Ugghh. I think 25-28 is a fair guess for pointing a restaurant thin based pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

izzy24 wrote: »
    I not a great fish eater but i do like cod fillet in bread crumbs or batter then cooked in the oven... does anyone no pp for any of them i shop in aldi and supervlu usually... any of them recomended good valu??:p

Izzy - I got "Lightly Dusted" lemon sole in Aldi. They are in the freezer section and they do them with a few different flavours - tomato and basil, garlic etc.
    It's breadcrumbs but only a little so they are only 3PP each and they're yummy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

hey a dr otker italian pollo pizza is 21pp for the hole pizza... and in dominos a medium italian pizza per slice cheese and tomato is 4pp ... hope this helps a little.. Im having italian tonight aswell but hoping to just use my dailies as i want to keep my weeklies for a night out fridy nite:D
    lil kc wrote: »
    Yeah I know Pizza is definitely my favourite food and I struggle pointing it. What I have done a couple of times in restaurants is asked them to use only half the amount of cheese they usually do and use sparingly. Its a compromise. To think I used to ask for extra cheese. Ugghh. I think 25-28 is a fair guess for pointing a restaurant thin based pizza.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will point it at 27pp, although I might text my leader when I get home and ask her what she thinks. I don't mind using my weeklies, because my WI should be tomorrow (cancelled due to Paddy's day), so Friday is a new week for me :)

And I think I'll ask them to use half the cheese so that it's a bit lighter on the points! I'm really looking forward to this meal, we haven't been out in ages. They also do the nicest minestrone soup there so I might get that to fill me up - I'd say 5pp would probably do for that? What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

on the pizza discussion...
    Milanos does a pizza called Leggera, basically is just a normal pizza that comes with a hole in the middle and then they put rocket salad in the hole..
    Good thing is that you get the feeling that you're eating a whole pizza but it's basically less bread, less cheese and less toppings and a healthy zero points salad in the middle.. so if you can pick the italian restaurant while out, why not pick Milanos?
    btw - i'm not working for them.. i just think it's a good idea they've come up with and just wanted to share it with you in case you didn't know.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Xxhaylsxx

Im gutted. Me and my mum had our first WI yesterday. She managed to lose 7lbs but I lost nothing not even .5lb. What could be wrong? Any chance Im eating too little?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 llbb

Very happy with my wi down 2.5 :) Got my first silver seven! WHoop!!!
    Thanks to all of you for the lunch suggestions :) I am off to make a vat of soup for the next week.

Now planning on starting exercising this week - what is this couch to 5 k thing??

Good luck everyone in their WI!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Hi everyone, haven't been in this thread in a long time :o

Went back to WW last night for the first time since last year. Have a lot of weight to lose but don't like thinking of the end target as it's so overwhelming, I am just going to make mini-targets for myself. I did start back last November for a few weeks but stopped as my meeting clashed with college, but now I've no excuse. I'm up 5.5lbs since November so I'm hoping to have the bulk of that gone within 2 weeks. My sister's getting married in 6 weeks and I'd like to have the best part of a stone gone, but I'll be happy with 10lbs :)

I find the new Pro Points plan very interesting. Obviously makes a lot more sense than the old system but will take a bit of getting used to. It's great that most fruits and veg are now zero points, that will benefit me greatly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    my mom has tuna steaks in freezer, keep meaning to try them, had fresh tuna steaks in spain years ago and it was LOVELY! :)

First time I ever had Tuna Steak was in Portugal about 20 years ago and it was delicious. Took ages before you could get them here, lovely with garlic butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

They are usually 6 or 7 pro points.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Hi All!!
    Had my first WI today, down 2 pounds! Im delighted, although does this seem a bit low? I know that your first week should be your best really.. I dunno.. Anyay our leader had a pack of the Knorr Shake n Bake pack, they only 2pp, could be a good way of makin the dinner more interesting!!
    Lovin this thread btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Aargh I've been thinking muller light yoghurts are 1pp...but they're 2! I know it's only one point but it's still hateful when that happens :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 arsieoc

Xxhaylsxx wrote: »
    Im gutted. Me and my mum had our first WI yesterday. She managed to lose 7lbs but I lost nothing not even .5lb. What could be wrong? Any chance Im eating too little?

Hey Xxhaylsxx,

The same thing happened me the first week i lost .5lb and then sts it all only kicked in for me on week 3/4. it does get easier. i was also the same as you going with my friend. It's great to have someone to chat to it about, but also it makes it a little difficult as you are also noticing their weight loss. keep the chin up and keep at it. Keep doing what you are doing and eventually it will show on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

weigh in today a day early over paddies day,,and down 2 massive lbs:D.i'm well impressed.only used about 15 of my weelies and did no exercise as i'm just so lazy:rolleyes: 2lbs to go to get to goal:D:Dhope everyone has a great St.Patricks Day and don't forget..only wet the shamrock not drown it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Hi all,

WI tonight, wish me luck, gonna try a new class to lose the ten pounds to get to goal!

Anyway, I was just wondering, I have lost 36lb so far and I am finding now I don't have weight on my belly, I just have excess flabby bits which I hate!!!

I'm exercising and on top of all the walking and hiking and I'm doing situps on the ab roller but nothing seems to be helping?

Any suggestions guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

llbb wrote: »
    Very happy with my wi down 2.5 :) Got my first silver seven! WHoop!!!
    Thanks to all of you for the lunch suggestions :) I am off to make a vat of soup for the next week.

Now planning on starting exercising this week - what is this couch to 5 k thing??

Good luck everyone in their WI!!!

Heya.

Couch to 5k is a plan that gets you from the couch to jogging 5k in 9 weeks (or more if you need to repeat a week).

I just finished week 2. There's nothing stopping any of us. I never thought I could jog or anything but I am able to do it, its hard but I can do it. I am 15stone 9.5lbs and have never ran in my life!!!

Heres the link to the plan: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

misslt wrote: »
    Aargh I've been thinking muller light yoghurts are 1pp...but they're 2! I know it's only one point but it's still hateful when that happens :(

The danone vitalinea ones are only 1 propoint. Also I think they're buy one get one free in tesco at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Elliex

Hi All,

wi last night & was only down a half pound.. soooo disappointed as i stuck to my points and uped my exersize :( my leader said it will prob show next week but im going away for the weekend i already feel defeated b4 next wi..altho im thinking if i exersize tonight tmrw & mon it should lessen the blow:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

amira wrote: »
    on the pizza discussion...
    Milanos does a pizza called Leggera, basically is just a normal pizza that comes with a hole in the middle and then they put rocket salad in the hole..
    Good thing is that you get the feeling that you're eating a whole pizza but it's basically less bread, less cheese and less toppings and a healthy zero points salad in the middle.. so if you can pick the italian restaurant while out, why not pick Milanos?

No Milanos in the badlands of Drogheda :( Had it once in Galway tho, man it was nice. Was actually about 5yrs ago but still talking about it whenever we talk about Galway!

Restaurant booked for 8.30 tonight, just had a massive bowl of fruit salad, topped with a diet yogurt, pointing it all as 3pp as the yogurt was 1pp and already had 2 bananas today. Really looking forward to going out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Hi All,

Advice needed. I'm going out tomorrow night to a delish Italian restaurant. I already know what pizza I want - but not sure of the points in it! It's is a thin based pizza with creme fraiche (I think), cheese and smoke salmon on top. I think the salmon prob works out at about 4pp, but not sure about the base, cheese and creme fraiche - any ideas would be much appreciated! I have 45 weeklies left but am hoping to have most of my dailies too because I know I'll either want starter or dessert - or even both :o

Hey Shoe Lover.. I've been collating the propoint values of things on my blog.. I've a list of pizzas that I've got from various sites, online with WW and WW mag etc.. I LOVE pizza!! so this might help.. just scroll down a bit...

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

:)

Have a great time tonight shoelover savour & enjoy every bite :) you deserve a good night out so make the most of it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

-1lb this week. :DHappy with that and now trying to be extra good for the next few days as we're going to dublin on sat for the commitments.
    We're going to go up early to watch the rugby in a pub first so it'll probably be a long boozy day with bad food choices.

I'm off work Friday and Monday tho, so I might go for some nice long walks if the weather holds up.

Great day out there today, raging I'm stuck in work and I have to work tonight so I won't even have time for a quick walk. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

tantipie wrote: »
    weigh in today a day early over paddies day,,and down 2 massive lbs:D.i'm well impressed.only used about 15 of my weelies and did no exercise as i'm just so lazy:rolleyes: 2lbs to go to get to goal:D:Dhope everyone has a great St.Patricks Day and don't forget..only wet the shamrock not drown it:rolleyes:

Well Done... have my weigh in a day early too... get there for 530 this evening so fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all, have been made busy in work and only gettinga chance to post today!! hopefully get time to read all your posts!! few i have seen everyone seems to have lost, well done all!!

needless to say after nights out last wed and friday(followed with chips and burgers).....i am dreading my first weighin on the maintenance!!

been to gym saturday, sunday, monday and tuesday...did classes and bit of treadmill and my muscles are in shock as some areas havent been worked out in years!!

had my usual pack of biscuits and random crap binge on a sunday and think im about 3 pounds up!! dont know if just my scales or overdid the workouts but prob ate too much crap!!

fingers crossed i stay the same at least but i bought my first pair of size 10 work trousers!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Good luck DubgirlWW! With the exercising hopefully it all balances out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

WI tonight, wish me luck, gonna try a new class to lose the ten pounds to get to goal!

Anyway, I was just wondering, I have lost 36lb so far and I am finding now I don't have weight on my belly, I just have excess flabby bits which I hate!!!

I'm exercising and on top of all the walking and hiking and I'm doing situps on the ab roller but nothing seems to be helping?

Any suggestions guys?
    best of look tonight!!

hope the new class inspires you and the 10 pounds falls off!!

cant give advice on the belly front, mine is a disaster!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement