Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

Hi everyone, haven't been in this thread in a long time :o

Went back to WW last night for the first time since last year. Have a lot of weight to lose but don't like thinking of the end target as it's so overwhelming, I am just going to make mini-targets for myself. I did start back last November for a few weeks but stopped as my meeting clashed with college, but now I've no excuse. I'm up 5.5lbs since November so I'm hoping to have the bulk of that gone within 2 weeks. My sister's getting married in 6 weeks and I'd like to have the best part of a stone gone, but I'll be happy with 10lbs :)

I find the new Pro Points plan very interesting. Obviously makes a lot more sense than the old system but will take a bit of getting used to. It's great that most fruits and veg are now zero points, that will benefit me greatly!

Hi - similar to you when I started my leader didn't even set a target. For me it was just day to day, week to week... aiming to maintain a consistent downward trend. It also meant because I was just focused on the next 1lb or so... the bad days were easier to pull back from... I'd weigh myself and go.. ok I can make this better. Whereas in previous WW joining when I used to look at the bigger picture of the entire amount I'd be like whatever and throw in the towel.
    And absolutely the Propoints does seem to be healthier and more appropriate!
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

SkinnyDoll wrote: »
    Hey Show Lover.. I've been collating the propoint values of things on my blog.. I've a list of pizzas that I've got from various sites, online with WW and WW mag etc.. I LOVE pizza!! so this might help.. just scroll down a bit...

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

:)

That blog is great.. :eek:thanks SO much for sharing it with us!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

gragirl wrote: »
    Well Done... have my weigh in a day early too... get there for 530 this evening so fingers crossed!
    good luck tonight!!!

oh i found these in aldi today; Neapolitian ice cream wafers. box of 8. it's a wafer sandwich with chocolate,strawberry and vanilla ice cream 3 pp each or 2 for 5pp:D great for a sunny day like today:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 llbb

Monife wrote: »
    Heya.

Couch to 5k is a plan that gets you from the couch to jogging 5k in 9 weeks (or more if you need to repeat a week).

I just finished week 2. There's nothing stopping any of us. I never thought I could jog or anything but I am able to do it, its hard but I can do it. I am 15stone 9.5lbs and have never ran in my life!!!

Heres the link to the plan: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    Thanks soo much! Here's to a fitter slimmer me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭gragirl

kateos2 wrote: »
    Our leader has a great thing at our meetings it's a bag of 10lbs of fat broken up into half pound bars, so you can pick it up and it really feel how much it weighs. Any time someone gets to 10lbs lost, she makes sure they feel the weight of it to encourage them to keep going.

Think we goto the same leader Kateos2... and I agree... just picking up that bag you wonder how you functioned carry that weight around before. As you loose the weight and the aches and pains ease... picking up that bag really reminds me of how sore my back, knees, ankles - everything really were! And the motivation to NEVER go back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

m'lady wrote: »
    I know we had the water debate last week, and I've been trying desperately to drink my 2 litres a day, but just curious to know,why do people think it helps with weight loss?
    yes definetly helps!! i started drinking 4 - 6 litres a few weeks ago and i found i was losing even when i hadnt been great!!

finding it harder to drink as much as i was for some reason this week though, sick of peeing i think!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    yes definetly helps!! i started drinking 4 - 6 litres a few weeks ago and i found i was losing even when i hadnt been great!!

finding it harder to drink as much as i was for some reason this week though, sick of peeing i think!! :)
    4-6 litre's a day are you serious:eek:god i'd be worred about washing all the salt out of my system!!! i manage just about 1 litre but i dont notice any difference when i up it so didnt really try anymore;)

4-6ltrs???? :eek: drinking water is good.. but i think drinking too much is not.. i think 6 ltrs is way too much..
    Didn't someone died from drinking too much water? or was it just an urband leyend?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Izzy - I got "Lightly Dusted" lemon sole in Aldi. They are in the freezer section and they do them with a few different flavours - tomato and basil, garlic etc.
    It's breadcrumbs but only a little so they are only 3PP each and they're yummy! :)

i bought these today...the lemon and blackpepper and the lime and ginger...theyre act 5pp each, cant wait to try them tho. also got haddock in the same type of coating and theyre 4pp and they look a nice filling size!!

had my first shop in aldi today in AGES, went in to the the yelowsole because we were discussing it last night.....OMG i forgot how great aldi is!!! i got a truck loada stuff for 35e...of course i only went in for the fish tho but aint that always the way!!lol

bought their lemon and corriander couscous....its only 5pp for half the pack when made up!! i used always have it before. its lovely hot with chicken or fish or even cold with some salad mixed through!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 668Janet

Hey folks,

Have just found this thread, read back a few pages and it looks really helpful. I am doing WW at home and WI on Monday mornings. I only started 2 weeks ago and so far am down 3.4 LBS. It's my 4th or 5th time starting WW in the past 15 yrs and have never stuck with it. Half about 4 and half st to lose in all. Hopefully this is my time!! (",)

I am finding myself much hungrier this week and my daily points aren't satisfying me as they have been. But have to admit I've been very lazy with my meal planning. Hope to get more organised this weekend. Have also been doing bootcamp once a week for the past month and that'll be increasing to 3 times a week in April.

Fingers crossed we all hit our target weights in our own times and carry on through the STS and +.

• Advertisement

Just found this, maybe truth or not.. you never know what you get on the internet, but hope it helps..

"drinking very large amounts of water over a short period of time may be fatal. This was demonstrated in the infamous case of the "wee for a Wii contest" where contestants tried to drink the most water to win a Wii. One contestant died. The excess water dilutes electrolytes and causes water intoxication which can lead to electrical disturbances in the body resulting in erratic neuronal tranmission of signals which can cause death."

"Most of us only need 8 - 8 ounce glasses of water unless exercising a lot or playing sports or in a marathon. If you drink too much water, eventually the kidneys will not be able to work fast enough to remove sufficient amounts from the body, so the blood becomes more dilute with low salt concentrations."

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    ooooh that reminds me got some hodgins in the freezer :)

now i gotta really resist the urge to use the minute steak in a steak sandwich

hmmm maybe the steak, 3pp, runny poached egg 2pp, and 400g boiled new potatoes 8pp healthy version of steak,egg and chips for 13pp (NOT BAD)
    i found hodgins sausages in tescos the other day and when i pointed them they were two each, i know loads of posts back ages ago....where other people pointing at 1 each??

also never checked bb date before freezing half and feeding the boyf some....they tasted a bit off!! :(

amira wrote: »
    Just found this, maybe truth or not.. you never know what you get on the internet, but hope it helps..

"drinking very large amounts of water over a short period of time may be fatal. This was demonstrated in the infamous case of the "wee for a Wii contest" where contestants tried to drink the most water to win a Wii. One contestant died. The excess water dilutes electrolytes and causes water intoxication which can lead to electrical disturbances in the body resulting in erratic neuronal tranmission of signals which can cause death."

"Most of us only need 8 - 8 ounce glasses of water unless exercising a lot or playing sports or in a marathon. If you drink too much water, eventually the kidneys will not be able to work fast enough to remove sufficient amounts from the body, so the blood becomes more dilute with low salt concentrations."
    i seen that too before as i was afraid i was drinking to much at one stage but thats if you literally drink so much without a break and let your body process it, like the way supposedly people on E can drown their organs! but a litre bottle in morning, one at lunch, one in afternoon, one at dinner and one in evening is easy to drink and spaced out to not cause any damage(i hope haha)

i found hodgins sausages in tescos the other day and when i pointed them they were two each, i know loads of posts back ages ago....where other people pointing at 1 each??

also never checked bb date before freezing half and feeding the boyf some....they tasted a bit off!! :(

question about this sausages.. i think I saw them the other day in my local tescos too.. they had normal ones and gluten free.. which ones are the ones that are supposed to be low in PP, the gluten free ones or should there be a third kind, ie 'low fat' ones or 'light' or 'diet' ??

i seen that too before as i was afraid i was drinking to much at one stage but thats if you literally drink so much without a break and let your body process it, like the way supposedly people on E can drown their organs! but a litre bottle in morning, one at lunch, one in afternoon, one at dinner and one in evening is easy to drink and spaced out to not cause any damage(i hope haha)

guess if you drink it spaced enough so your kidneys can work it out it should be ok, and if you feel well, then no doubt it's fine for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Am feeling rotten today i woke up with this rotter of a headache and i just can't seem to shift it have had it all day now and nothing is helping shift it panadol, tonnes of water has anyone any suggestions besides lying down I've an 18mth old so lying down for a bit isn't an option

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Am feeling rotten today i woke up with this rotter of a headache and i just can't seem to shift it have had it all day now and nothing is helping shift it panadol, tonnes of water has anyone any suggestions besides lying down I've an 18mth old so lying down for a bit isn't an option

i dont know.. for me panadol (paracetamol) doesnt work.. so i take ibuprophen (nurofen) really helps me coz sometimes the week before TOTM i get horrible headaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

best of look tonight!!

hope the new class inspires you and the 10 pounds falls off!!

cant give advice on the belly front, mine is a disaster!

Thanks doll!

Ah it's a balls really, I've lost a decent amount of weight and I still can't wear a nice fitted top coz of me wibbly wobbly wonder belly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Lainey great tip in the yellow fin sole that's great point wise! Quick q for you is there skin on the fish? Thanks! :)

Well done on the losses everyone great to read & keeps me motivated feeling really I'll this week got the most horrendous shin splints while out jogging last night & a woeful headache to boot :( felt crap in work all day so came home went to bed for a few hrs got up made dinner but didn't feel up to any exercise.... Hopefully this shifts soon so I can get back on track I do t want to ruin the momentum I've been building!

As always love this thread & I fear I'm slightly addicted but I love hearing how everyone is getting on both good & bad as it makes you realise you're not the only one!! :) xx

there's no skin, its just in breadcrumbs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

i dont know.. for me panadol (paracetamol) doesnt work.. so i take ibuprophen (nurofen) really helps me coz sometimes the week before TOTM i get horrible headaches!

Might give solpadine a go when I get home from work

• Advertisement

4-6ltrs???? :eek: drinking water is good.. but i think drinking too much is not.. i think 6 ltrs is way too much..
    Didn't someone died from drinking too much water? or was it just an urband leyend?? :rolleyes:

half your weight in lbs....is the number of ounces of water you should be drinking....but 2 - 3 litres a day is the daily recommended intake.

i'm drink about 2 litres as actual water....but im sure between soup and hot drinks i top that up to about 3 litres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

@layla - maybe try get out for a quick walk. Usually helps me.

Danii86 wrote: »
    i bought these today...the lemon and blackpepper and the lime and ginger...theyre act 5pp each, cant wait to try them tho. also got haddock in the same type of coating and theyre 4pp and they look a nice filling size!!

had my first shop in aldi today in AGES, went in to the the yelowsole because we were discussing it last night.....OMG i forgot how great aldi is!!! i got a truck loada stuff for 35e...of course i only went in for the fish tho but aint that always the way!!lol

bought their lemon and corriander couscous....its only 5pp for half the pack when made up!! i used always have it before. its lovely hot with chicken or fish or even cold with some salad mixed through!!

hmmmm i wonder did they change the recipe recently....cos when i worked them out for my tracker they were coming up at 4pp each....i suppose recipes are constantly being updated and changed...no harm in re checking things from time to time! :)

question about this sausages.. i think I saw them the other day in my local tescos too.. they had normal ones and gluten free.. which ones are the ones that are supposed to be low in PP, the gluten free ones or should there be a third kind, ie 'low fat' ones or 'light' or 'diet' ??

there is a specific low fat Hodgins. they are either "low fat" or "reduced fat" they should be next to the gluten free ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

That blog is great.. :eek:thanks SO much for sharing it with us!!! :)

Its ongoing, I add to the side ProPoint pages daily.. if there's anything you spot or think I should add... feel free to let me know.. Its a learning curve!! Doll ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    there is a specific low fat Hodgins. they are either "low fat" or "reduced fat" they should be next to the gluten free ones.
    Good to know!!! I was confused about those as I was sure I got Low Fat the first time.. I've had trouble finding them since! But the Gluten Free ones are most places... thought I was going mad! time to accost the store manager again... :rolleyes:

constantly hungry today! gone over my points and still have my dinner later...
    my stomach been physically rumbling on and off all day....even tho i'd eaten.

Grrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just back from my WI and I'm down 1lb. I'm delighted, was really expecting to be up this week.

Won't be able to go to my meeting next week as I'm going to gran canaria from Tuesday - Saturday for a wedding. I'm planning on eating lots of salads and protein so I won't do too much damage!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

had wi this evening and im down 4lbs :D Im thrilled :D thats my second stone gone now so 29.5lbs gone so far :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

dammitj wrote: »
    Hi all,

WI tonight, wish me luck, gonna try a new class to lose the ten pounds to get to goal!

Anyway, I was just wondering, I have lost 36lb so far and I am finding now I don't have weight on my belly, I just have excess flabby bits which I hate!!!

I'm exercising and on top of all the walking and hiking and I'm doing situps on the ab roller but nothing seems to be helping?

Any suggestions guys?

They have some good resistance training videos from this years operation transformation rte website: http://www.rte.ie/ot/video.html

They target all the flabby bits!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement