Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mollie57

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Anyone know how i'd point 100g of minute steak?

are there other names for "minute steak" cos i cant find it on ww uk site...

its really thinly sliced beef, my mom got it from butcher, its lean, no visble fat.

Dont have book with me - would point it as sirloin or round steak which is what it probably is about 3pp.

Love all the info your posts - thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Anyone know how i'd point 100g of minute steak?

are there other names for "minute steak" cos i cant find it on ww uk site...

its really thinly sliced beef, my mom got it from butcher, its lean, no visble fat.

could one call it...."beef, braising steak, lean, raw" 100g for 3pp?

I'd say you'd be safe enough with that, if you'd judge a 6oz fillet at 5pp, it would seem about right. Very tasty.

Do you ever have gammon steaks (Denny) they are really good value only 3 pp. I tend to eat a lot of eggs & fish and the odd time chicken so it's nice to have a different low fat meat. Don't eat beef or lamb at all really and maybe have the odd sausage or pork chop so good for variety. A few years ago thought I might turn into a tuna or chicken.....it was all I ate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Mollie57 wrote: »
    Dont have book with me - would point it as sirloin or round steak which is what it probably is.

Love all the info you post - thanks

awww thanks very much!

the 100g of lean sirloin steak raw coming up as 3pp too :) I'll call it that to be on the safe side.

I can cook a quiche and curries from scratch...but ask me about "cuts of meat" or to cook a roast....and i'm lost...stewing steak, braising steak, sirloin, rump roast, topside, silverside, housekeepers cut.....Oi! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Danii86 wrote: »
    i def agree with your leader...i get so bored and start to stray if i start eating the same things all the time. even the one soup for the week starts to get a bit much by friday/saturday!!! im pretty much living on chicken for my dinners ans im slowly getting bored and runing out of different things to do with a chicken breast!! goin to try salmon with creme fraiche tomorrow...found a recipie in the BBC good food mag that im goin to adjust to or needs!!!

Do you like fish? Hake is fab but crab meat or prawns are very versatile and low in points, both great for salads or on brown bread or crackers and prawns also lovely in stir frys / pasta.

Dunnes have a great deal at the moment 4 fillets of haddock (in breadcrumbs) for 3euro, they are 6 pp each, very filling and you can freeze and cook from frozen.

kashmir wrote: »
    I'd say you'd be safe enough with that, if you'd judge a 6oz fillet at 5pp, it would seem about right. Very tasty.

Do you ever have gammon steaks (Denny) they are really good value only 3 pp. I tend to eat a lot of eggs & fish and the odd time chicken so it's nice to have a different low fat meat. Don't eat beef or lamb at all really and maybe have the odd sausage or pork chop so good for variety. A few years ago thought I might turn into a tuna or chicken.....it was all I ate ;)

ooooh that reminds me got some hodgins in the freezer :)

now i gotta really resist the urge to use the minute steak in a steak sandwich

hmmm maybe the steak, 3pp, runny poached egg 2pp, and 400g boiled new potatoes 8pp healthy version of steak,egg and chips for 13pp (NOT BAD)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

kashmir i kinda eat anything really. i usualy cook all my own food frm scratch adjusting recipies that i find around the place. i tend to forget about fish though it can be so expensive sometimes. that breaded haddock sounds good though would be lovely with some home baked chips and peas....a real treat without the points!!!!

Do you like fish? Hake is fab but crab meat or prawns are very versatile and low in points, both great for salads or on brown bread or crackers and prawns also lovely in stir frys / pasta.

Dunnes have a great deal at the moment 4 fillets of haddock (in breadcrumbs) for 3euro, they are 6 pp each, very filling and you can freeze and cook from frozen.

Aldi Yellowfin Sole is breadcrumbs (Yellow box) is GORGEOUS and two big fiillets for 8pp! i think its in lemon and blackpepper breadcrumbs, cooks from frozen too :)

is that 8pp for each fillet??

my mom has tuna steaks in freezer, keep meaning to try them, had fresh tuna steaks in spain years ago and it was LOVELY! :)

is that 8pp for each fillet??

8pp for TWO and they so nice baked in the oven

• Advertisement

oh wow thats really good!! havnt been to aldi in awhile act muct take a trip

oh wow thats really good!! havnt been to aldi in awhile act muct take a trip

Shop: Aldi
    Brand: Northern Catch

2 Ligthly Dusted Yellowfin Sole Fillets (250g)

Nutritional Information Per 100g (oven baked)
    Protein: 15.8
    Carbs: 5.4
    Fat: 5.8
    Fiber: 3.4

just double checked it there, its actually 9pp for TWO fillets (sorry)

4 for 1 fillet, 9 for 2 fillets

god your good!!!! 9 is still good though

actualy i bought new ryvita thins today, theyre thinner than the normal ryvita(hence the name i suppose) but theyre stil pointing at 1pp bout i dono if they could be 3 for 2pp sort of thing anybody know how i could work that out?

actualy i bought new ryvita thins today, theyre thinner than the normal ryvita(hence the name i suppose) but theyre stil pointing at 1pp bout i dono if they could be 3 for 2pp sort of thing anybody know how i could work that out?

lol didnt want to be giving out wrong info! (i've done that before) so i ran to the freezer to grab the box LOL

_____________________________________-

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

get out the scales, and weight 2 of them together,

and using the info on pack for 100g, and where it has portion but in Xg that comes up on scales. that should give you the pp value for 2 of them

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Becky85

i worked them out as 1pp each, 2 for 2pp, the ryvita crackerbread seems to work out as 2 for 1pp though

get out the scales, and weight 2 of them together,

and using the info on pack for 100g, and where it has portion but in Xg that comes up on scales. that should give you the pp value for 2 of them

ok theyre 11pp per 100g and 2 of them weigh 19g.......does that make them 2 for 2pp so?

ok theyre 11pp per 100g and 2 of them weigh 19g.......does that make them 2 for 2pp so?

put in the data for 100g, and in the portion box put in 19,
    it'll tell you exact pp for 19g (2 of them)

ya there 2 for 2pp dying to try them they look lovely....would be nice dipped in hummous or philly!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 soph!

Had my weigh in tonight and was up 1.5 pounds was so so disappointed as I have been so good the last 2weeks tracking everything, only using my daily points and have recently started spinning 2days a week on top of walking every day!! What am I doing wrong!!! It's so har to keep going when ur not getting result :(

ya there 2 for 2pp dying to try them they look lovely....would be nice dipped in hummous or philly!!!

i say they'd work well broken up into a salad too....instead of crutons...for a bit of crunch.

right....off to bed for me.....and wooooooo stayed within my points...just takes one good day to start the ball rolling....

nite all! one more long day of college till i can sleep sleep sleep :)

• Advertisement

soph! wrote: »
    Had my weigh in tonight and was up 1.5 pounds was so so disappointed as I have been so good the last 2weeks tracking everything, only using my daily points and have recently started spinning 2days a week on top of walking every day!! What am I doing wrong!!! It's so har to keep going when ur not getting result :(

well if you only started the exercise recently...you prob need to up your water intake even more than what you usually drink, and its also probably muscle showing on the scales, i bet you've lost inches! dont give up! x

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Soph maybe you're not eating enough? If you're only eating your dailies & no weeklies & doing alot of exercise it sounds to me that you could be under eating.

In the beginning I found it really tough to eat all my dailies did not eat any weeklies & was power walking/ jogging 18 miles a week & I was losing .5lb or STS. I switched it up a bit started adding more protien & good fats like avocados to up my points intake managed to eat l my dailies, most of my weeklies & a long weekend away meant I had to use some activity points too & I was down 2lbs.

All our bodies are different and as Kashmir & I have said before you can be too good on this plan. Similarly you have to be very specific on this plan By weighing & correctly pointing everything & tracking every morsel.

Maybe try eat a bit more this week, keep up the exercise & don't lose faith we all have horrible weeks in the scales, maybe you won't see your results till next week? :)

I'd echo Lainey on the water intake as well!

Lainey great tip in the yellow fin sole that's great point wise! Quick q for you is there skin on the fish? Thanks! :)

Well done on the losses everyone great to read & keeps me motivated feeling really I'll this week got the most horrendous shin splints while out jogging last night & a woeful headache to boot :( felt crap in work all day so came home went to bed for a few hrs got up made dinner but didn't feel up to any exercise.... Hopefully this shifts soon so I can get back on track I do t want to ruin the momentum I've been building!

As always love this thread & I fear I'm slightly addicted but I love hearing how everyone is getting on both good & bad as it makes you realise you're not the only one!! :) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Lainey great tip in the yellow fin sole that's great point wise! Quick q for you is there skin on the fish? Thanks! :)

Well done on the losses everyone great to read & keeps me motivated feeling really I'll this week got the most horrendous shin splints while out jogging last night & a woeful headache to boot :( felt crap in work all day so came home went to bed for a few hrs got up made dinner but didn't feel up to any exercise.... Hopefully this shifts soon so I can get back on track I do t want to ruin the momentum I've been building!

As always love this thread & I fear I'm slightly addicted but I love hearing how everyone is getting on both good & bad as it makes you realise you're not the only one!! :) xx

Ouch, you poor thing, that sounds very sore kay, hopefully you will be better soon :( do you do much jogging? I've my wi tomorrow, I'm praying I've lost something! Though the yum walnut whip I had watching desperate housewives won't have helped!

Thanks M'lady it was I've never really got shin splints before but last night for whatever reason I did & they wouldn't go away just kept getting worse even when I tried to ignore them & turn the iPod up! I'm putting it down to this weird dose I just feel feverish, sleepy, headachy & horrible tummy pains Its been doing the rounds in the office do this week seems to be my turn - worse luck :(

Re the jogging it's more of a brisk power walk with some jogging thrown in so walk for 10 jog for 5. I'll up the jogging the fitter I get hopefully! I hsve asthma so my lungs burn if i run too hard so a brisk jog mixed with walking seems to be doing the trick i probsbly look nuts doing it but i dont care! :P

My route is just under 3 miles & I do that 5-6 times per week I usually give myself either Fri or sat off. Im Thinking of getting sn exercise DVD as well though just to try mix it up but I'll need to kick everyone out & close the curtains in the sitting room for that one!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Thanks M'lady it was I've never really got shin splints before but last night for whatever reason I did & they wouldn't go away just kept getting worse even when I tried to ignore them & turn the iPod up! I'm putting it down to this weird dose I just feel feverish, sleepy, headachy & horrible tummy pains Its been doing the rounds in the office do this week seems to be my turn - worse luck :(

Re the jogging it's more of a brisk power walk with some jogging thrown in so walk for 10 jog for 5. I'll up the jogging the fitter I get hopefully! I hsve asthma so my lungs burn if i run too hard so a brisk jog mixed with walking seems to be doing the trick i probsbly look nuts doing it but i dont care! :P

My route is just under 3 miles & I do that 5-6 times per week I usually give myself either Fri or sat off. Im Thinking of getting sn exercise DVD as well though just to try mix it up but I'll need to kick everyone out & close the curtains in the sitting room for that one!!

Are shin splints a bit like the pain you get from fallen arches?

Wow that's great exercise, I seriously doubt I'd be able for that! I'm doing about 50 mins in the gym about four to five times a week, 15 mins on bike,25 on treadmill and spend about 10 minutes on weights, but I'm trying to push myself more on treadmill, as I actually felt I wasn't even breaking a sweat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

A goodfellas thin base cheese pizza is 26pp if I remember correctly, its quite cheesy, so maybe 30pp with the salmon depending on d size...

Well I was looking in the Eating Out Guide last night and kinda doing an average out of the 5 or 6 restaurants that are listed in it and I think it was working out at about 28pp. I could ask for the pizza without the cheese, but then it's not a pizza in my eyes! Who knew that eating out could be such a minefield?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hi Kay, You were saying you got shin splints. What do they feel like? I just finished week 2 of couch to 5k yesterday and my shins were quite sore when running, and were a bit sore afterwards. Now I am fine today but I am wondering if I continue running, that I could develop shin splints. I am going to keep going anyway and see how it goes. Hope it's nothing and its just my legs giving out about the weight pounding down on them lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

soph! wrote: »

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the thread..discovered it last week-what a godsend!

I've been at WW for 5weeks now and am a pound from the goal they set!

For Soph,being disappointed, just want to let u know about my last 3 weeks..

Week 1 -4
    Week 2 -3
    Week 3 STS
    Week 4 +.5
    Week 5 -7

Basically I worked the hardest in advance of week 3 and 4-I run in the mornings and walk most eves,when I'm not at that I'm spinning/at zumba! I have a good diet, daily points everyday and didn't use the weeklies...and no results!!So I got really fed up when I was up the half after the hard work and pretty much gave in-lets just say I really enjoyed pancake Tuesday!!!
    But then I went back to face the music on Monday (ONLY cos I have paid in advance-hence a great motivator!!) and I had the half stone down!!It was the results of the hard work which wasn't showing the weeks before...Dont give up I promise it has to pay off somewhere :)

The recipies and everything are fantastic here-thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Welcome Numberberd and I totally agree with you - keep going Soph - it will pay off eventually.

I had my WI last night and I was down 2lbs! :D
    I was delighted actually because I was only .5 lbs down for the past 2 weeks.
    I tracked everything and ate all my dailies and 42 of my weeklies and did absolutely NO excercise (totm!) so I was thrilled to be down 2lbs.
    That's 33 lbs in total.

I told my leader that after next week I will be having surgery and "on the couch" for 6 weeks. She was so supportive and said I could email her while I'm at home and she would give me little pointers and tips from class etc.
    I'll have to tell all my visitors to bring fruit - and no biccies !! :D

Well done everyone on the losses and happy Paddy's Day for tomorrow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement