Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    how can you be over your dailies...the minimum dailies anyone can be on is 29pp i thought...

Cos I made a cooked breakfast this am of 2 turkey sausages, 2 turkey rashers, 1 WW slice of bread, 1 egg and ketchup - came to 10pp. Thought it would fill me up and stop me from picking - didn't work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Cos I made a cooked breakfast this am of 2 turkey sausages, 2 turkey rashers, 1 WW slice of bread, 1 egg and ketchup - came to 10pp. Thought it would fill me up and stop me from picking - didn't work :(

ah okay...i thought you meant that 18pp was YOUR daily allowance, and had eaten 22pp thus putting you 4 over your dailies....

you havent actually done THAT badly if you think about in a non ww way....you had a few treats...but sure it was a kiddies party....but you didnt TOTALLY pig out....

have a few glasses of water to try and flush your system out. and be proud of your self that you did show control...would have been very easy to go nuts and eat non stop....my weak spot when it comes to kiddies parties is left overs...cos i'll usually help clean up....well clean up means....break out the bottle of wine and the adults have a left over party :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Thanks Lainy! I think I just feel bad cos I knew when I was eating it that I was going to feel bad about it later! Especially as my boyfriend is taking me out for dinner & drinks on Wednesday night so I was trying to save all my weeklies for that. I think I'll just try to go for a walk tomorrow night & I've a class in the gym on Tuesday so I'll just try to work out really hard - damage control!

exactly....all you can do is move forward....cant undo what is done. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

kildareash wrote: »
    Anyway, it was my best friend's 30th last night and we had copious amounts of shots and the night ended in the chipper. seriously in bits

Hope u didn't get chippies missus... Aren't u off takeaways for lent? I didn't go out this weekend so haven't caved yet but paddys day will be the real test!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Just after having a binge and I'm coming on here to confess my sins :rolleyes: I feel sick after it but I made the mistake of having my dinner early. My mum cooked a roast chicken with all the trimmings but I had allowed for it with my points. Then started to get chocolate cravings and of course I just couldn't help myself :mad: I'm going away tomorrow for 2 days but I think that might be a good thing as I've been on holidays from college and the boredom eating has been very hard to fight. When I'm away I think I won't be craving to eat as much and when I'm with people I'm very conscious of what I eat.

On the plus side I haven't broken my lent. I haven't had any diet coke but I think that may be causing my sweet tooth to crave chocolate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 huggiebear

have a long weekend next week cos of paddys day...so planning on taking over the kitchen...

does anyone know if you can get low fat butter milk? found a recipe for lemon and poppy seed muffins (4pp each) and calls for 300ml of buttermilk....would it make such a huge difference if i swopped it for avanmore slimline....or is there a low fat buttermilk out there?

thansk!

Hi lainy. The only low fat butter milk i have ever seen b4 was in Sainsbury in Newry so that out of the question!! I dont think buttermilk is too fattening.. if there is breadsoda in the receipe u shd use the buttermilk, something to do with the acid of one and the rising agent in the other!!!!

Not having a gr8 wend, munchies have taken over and i had been doing so well!!! Oh i must get back on track.. Now what can i have for tea!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Eabhabear wrote: »
    On the plus side I haven't broken my lent. I haven't had any diet coke but I think that may be causing my sweet tooth to crave chocolate :(

I haven't broken my lent yet either - off diet coke too. I find I am definitely eating more. I have only 2 dailies left & I am really hungry tonight. I too was at a kids party today (2nd this weekend) & I was chewing gum to stop myself picking. Really proud of myself because there was so much (mostly bad) food. But the place was freezing & I was so hungry when I came home that now I just want to eat & sit beside the heater!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey ladies. I think the munchies have taken over all of us today, strange.

I am here to confess my sins. Big binge today, feel guilty. Had 2 packets of crisps (luckily low point ones), curly wurly, 1 sun rice thing (they are so addictive, wish I didnt buy them now) a twister AND a dib dab.

It was all within in my points even after I have my dinner (stew and mash, 9PP, bargain) but still feel so guilty. My laptop broke and the OH was using the laptop most of the day and I find it usually distracts me from eating and without it I just couldnt stop.

fofany wrote: »
    I haven't broken my lent yet either - off diet coke too. I find I am definitely eating more. I have only 2 dailies left & I am really hungry tonight. I too was at a kids party today (2nd this weekend) & I was chewing gum to stop myself picking. Really proud of myself because there was so much (mostly bad) food. But the place was freezing & I was so hungry when I came home that now I just want to eat & sit beside the heater!

I'm eating more to but on the plus side I started to feel the effect of being off it on my stomach today. I kept holding my stomach because it felt so much flatter my mum thought I had stomach pains :D

• Advertisement

from the sounds of it i better avoid those sun rice things.....even if they are 2pp each....i wouldnt stop at one!

dear god...some of the weight watchers adverts on tv are so cheesy....lol

oooh stuffed now after spuds and fish for dinner!

1pp left for mug of coco later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Feeling very down in the dumps at the minute :( Just back from my niece's birthday party and although I didn't go madly overboard, I'm feeling like I totally wasted my points!

I had three triangle salad sandwiches (2 had egg in them though), 2 iced rings, 1 cherry bakewell tart and a slice of birthday cake. I pointed it all at 22pp. Does that sound right to everyone? I'm now 4 points over my dailies and even though it's only 4, it's only 6pm so I know I'll be hungry later on! I just feel like it wasn't worth it. Even when I was eating the cake, I was thinking "this isn't worth it" but I still ate it because no one knows I'm on WW and I didn't want them asking why I wasn't having any. This is the first time since starting on WW that I've fallen off the wagon and I just feel cat!

I'm going to try to be good later on and have a bowl of 1pp soup and some fruit salad with yogurt (1pp). Just feel very let down with myself at the mo because I was so good last week and made such good progress :(:(

Sorry for the pity rant

Hey Shoelover, look at the positive side of this, before ww you would have possibly eaten 4 times the amount you did and fooled yourself into believing you'd eaten feck all,all day. You did have control, and you knew when you were eating it that it wasn't worth it, so well done! Have you any weekly's that you could have something filling ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭colliewobbles

Great weekend food wise, didn't have to use my weeklies (no alcohol) but did absolutely zero exercise, really feel the effect of not doing any & didn't drink a whole lot of water the past 2 days, will have to make up for it tmw.

All the best everyone for the week ahead & good luck with your WI.

I know we had the water debate last week, and I've been trying desperately to drink my 2 litres a day, but just curious to know,why do people think it helps with weight loss?

m'lady wrote: »
    I know we had the water debate last week, and I've been trying desperately to drink my 2 litres a day, but just curious to know,why do people think it helps with weight loss?

When the body is deprived of water....the body will retain water water from every source it can, it will grab and hold the water from the food you eat. there is water in some form in nearly everything we eat..

When you give your body enough water...it kinda relaxes and starts to release the retained water...cos it figures there is a constant ready supply now so there isnt any drought....thus you lose "weight" cos your body begins to shed water lbs. you have to drink water....to lose water.

The stomach also holds roughly about 2 litres capacity....filling it with water means cant stuff it with food...so it acts as a good filler.

the body also needs water for absorbing some of the Water soluble vitamins and minerals....so i guess it makes us healthier cos we're getting more of the good stuff into us...and i guess as a result we get more energy (to exercise perhaps)

gee can anyone tell that i'm literly currently writing out my biology note for the next week ....and currently on the chapter about kidneys and urine (water)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

It helps with flushing toxins out of your body.

It also helps with stopping you from retaining water weight. If you dont have enough water, your body will hold onto it and therefore show you as heavier than you are.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe someone can give a more scientific reply lol

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

I think we really only need about 800ml a day and can get that from food but I think water is useful to fill your stomach and pass a craving!

Monife wrote: »
    It helps with flushing toxins out of your body.

It also helps with stopping you from retaining water weight. If you dont have enough water, your body will hold onto it and therefore show you as heavier than you are.

Just my 2 cents. Maybe someone can give a more scientific reply lol

lol i could go into nephrons and kidneys and hormones but i'd be here all night...

try just drinking 1 litre a day....or even start with 1/2 litre...and work your way up...you'll gradually develop a natural thirst...that you'll actually crave water.

Sugar free squash is 0pp lots of lovely flavours out there!

summer fruits, tropical fruits, orange, cherry, black current ect.
    super valu/dunnes/tesco do lovely cheap own brand.

the water also is great for the skin :) i noticed in the last week when i was drinking more diet coke and coffee and not enough actual water....my skin has GONE TO ****E! spots, dark circles under my eyes

• Advertisement

Thanks all, I was just curious, and from what I gather a lot of people are finding it beneficial to their weight loss, I am just finding it difficult cos I reckon my bladder is the size of a peanut,cos I'm literally running out to the toilet every ten minutes! Is anybody else finding that?

Thanks all, I was just curious, and from what I gather a lot of people are finding it beneficial to their weight loss, I am just finding it difficult cos I reckon my bladder is the size of a peanut,cos I'm literally running out to the toilet every ten minutes! Is anybody else finding that?

Yep I do but probably because I drink at least 3L of water a day. But I think it helps flush everything out. I know when I don't drink water I feel at lot worse off. Like today I didn't have a good day food wise but I've drunk nearly 4L of water so it has helped overcome the bad eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Hope u didn't get chippies missus... Aren't u off takeaways for lent? I didn't go out this weekend so haven't caved yet but paddys day will be the real test!

I'm off takeaways but eat ins are acceptable (barely)! Trust me I think I benefitted from it this morn.

My nxt door neighbour just dropped me in the most delicious sponge cake this eve. No wonder she's so skinny if she gives away all her leftovers!ha!

Have my bnut squash soup simmering away on the hop for lunch for the week.

On the water, I've noticed a huge difference in concentration and don't feel that 3pm slump as bad when I drink my 2 litres. Aswell as the benefits to my skin and most importantly the weight loos

m'lady...running to the toilet every 10mins should settle down after a few days. I was like that a couple of weeks ago, felt like I was only back at my desk from the toilet when I would have to go again.

that is normal....that is the water loss...but after a few days of drinking the right amount of water that should settle down...might take 3 - 4 days of drinking the 2 litres consistently for the loo breaks to settle down.

but then if you break the consistency it throws off the internal balance and you end up running to loo a million times again when you go back on the water.

As i didnt drink enough water last week...i'm peeing like a racehorse this weekend...(really lady like i know)

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Yep I do but probably because I drink at least 3L of water a day. But I think it helps flush everything out. I know when I don't drink water I feel at lot worse off. Like today I didn't have a good day food wise but I've drunk nearly 4L of water so it has helped overcome the bad eating.

I'll definitely try start drinking it so! I've been doing 2L but gonna increase by middle of week. Actually I think I just need to start spacing my water out,my problem is I'm kinda guzzling it at night,bad idea lol. As my mate said, like a sponge if you give it water little and often it won't become as saturated as if you just pile on the water!

I'll definitely try start drinking it so! I've been doing 2L but gonna increase by middle of week. Actually I think I just need to start spacing my water out,my problem is I'm kinda guzzling it at night,bad idea lol. As my mate said, like a sponge if you give it water little and often it won't become as saturated as if you just pile on the water!

2L is loads already. I've always just been a natural water drinker but I've found I've been drinking more recently. I've also given up diet coke for lent so I'm drinking water instead. My advice is to drink when you're thirsty throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi everyone, hope you all had a fab weekend.
    Went out for dinner today and was so proud, never had a dessert. Although my oh got a choc chip cookie and I did have a little bit of it.
    Then I came homw went for a 35min walk and went on wii active for 45 mins. Proud out!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

If i post my address will ye all come round to my house and beat me over the head with a fridge?????? PLEASE????
    I have been off the wagon for over a week now, havent even been able to read this thread out of shame!!!! I was able to go to my meeting this week and take the gain but couldnt face this thread!!!!!
    Hoping to get back on it tomorrow

Birdie086 wrote: »
    If i post my address will ye all come round to my house and beat me over the head with a fridge?????? PLEASE????
    I have been off the wagon for over a week now, havent even been able to read this thread out of shame!!!! I was able to go to my meeting this week and take the gain but couldnt face this thread!!!!!
    Hoping to get back on it tomorrow

So what was it that put you over the edge and pushed you off the wagon? Spill....if you know what the trigger is...maybe next time you'll be able to stop your self before it pushes you off.

Sure we're never going to judge ya.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

So what was it that put you over the edge and pushed you off the wagon? Spill....if you know what the trigger is...maybe next time you'll be able to stop your self before it pushes you off.

Sure we're never going to judge ya.....

LAZINESS - thats the genuine answer, finding the propoints hard so have been using that as an excuse, this thread is far better than my meeting and really felt shamefaced about coming in here but tomorrow is a new day and I will be back - promise

thanks lainy x

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement