Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

Hey all,
    Just caught up on reading over the weekend, lots of great recipes and restraint shown with jsut havina small bit at parties!
    had a very bad weekend myself points wise
    was out for a dinner of all dinners on saturday which was preceded adn followed by lots and lots of alcohol
    had eddie rockets for food yesterday too as my hangovr craving and think i was still having cravings today at lunch!
    got a wrap with chicken tikka mayonaise from the deli counter! any one care to guesstimate that?
    I have no idea wehre to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I have to say, for my chocolate fix lately I've become addicted to these

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQjHGFjwWu5qU9W7plDadtJgjZXIjOb7jpSnKdkVrgIpbwve6JL7A&t=1

They come in two sizes, and the bigger one (36g) is only 4 propoints. They're so worth it. I think the smaller one is 3propoints. I think they're much more worth it than curly wurlys!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kildareash wrote: »
    My leader said we shld write all our snacks in red on our tracker as an experiment. Really don't realise how many points were wasting on them

thats how i felt about bread and toast...some days i was blowing 12 - 15pp on toast....havent had a single bit of bread (at home) since pancake tuesday....its just impossible to avoid bread out in the big bad world...cos the only low point lunch place near my college is subway or another sandwich bar...but at least there the bread is portioned...

so changing my lent thing...to giving up bread AT HOME! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭eefums

anyone ogt any advice on the chicken tikka mayo wrap? i need to kno if i can eat dinner :(

eefums wrote: »
    anyone ogt any advice on the chicken tikka mayo wrap? i need to kno if i can eat dinner :(

roughly it would be

wrap 4pp
    chicken 3 or 4pp
    15g full fat mayonnise 3pp (they tend to put of mayo) so mayo might be closer to 4 or 5pp
    salad 0pp

i say it be somewhere in and around 12 - 13pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

OMG I dunno what's wrong today I can't stop eating I've only got 9pp left today and 12 weeklies left (after a big italian with mam sat night) WI isnt till sat morning it's only bloody Monday!!!!!! 

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Kayleen

Hi eefums
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I pointed wraps last week
    WW ones were 3 pp
    El Paso small (around the same size as WW ones) 4pp
    El Paso large (common size of wraps) 6pp and ofter deli ones are a little larger

Just think bread is way more filling than a wrap

BE WARNED of the EVIL wrap :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

Kayleen wrote: »
    Hi eefums
    WW ones were 3 pp
    El Paso large (common size of wraps) 6pp and ofter deli ones are a little larger

I totally agree! Bread is so much more satisfying and hence better value for your pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    thats how i felt about bread and toast...some days i was blowing 12 - 15pp on toast....havent had a single bit of bread (at home) since pancake tuesday....its just impossible to avoid bread out in the big bad world...cos the only low point lunch place near my college is subway or another sandwich bar...but at least there the bread is portioned...

so changing my lent thing...to giving up bread AT HOME! :P

Haha...that's like my take-away rule!
    It's not possible to completely avoid bread or bread products tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Kayleen wrote: »
    Hi eefums
    WW ones were 3 pp

Country kitchen Multigrain wraps are only 4pp it's the best pp value wrap I've found out there and I think it is filling depending on the filling you put on it

1 country kitchen wrap -4pp
    50g dunnes roast chicken pieces - 1pp
    2 turkey Rashers - 1pp
    15g Tesco extra light Mayo - 0pp
    Onion
    Tomato
    Loads of lettuce (iceberg for the crunch)
    Total 6pp and it's very filling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭markievicz

Hi Guys after a long feckin illness I think I'm back to full health and have been cooking a lot over the weekend! I think my OH is in heaven as he no longer has to cook all the time!:p
    Anyway, before I started WW I was obssessed with jamie olivers cook books especially the ministry of food one, so I decided to adjust some of the receipes that I was fond of to suit WW.....so here's two of them (my fav is the second one:D) Enjoy!

Butterflied Steak sarnie
    Propoints: 10pp per person
    Serves: 2
    Ingredients:
    2 Large field mushrooms 0
    2 x medium fillet steaks (lean) 8
    Sprig of rosemary 0
    Salt & Pepper 0
    Half a Ciabatta loaf 10
    Juice of half a lemon 0
    30ml Dijon Mustard 2

Method:

Place griddle on a high heat. Slice mushrooms so they sit flat on pan. Place on pan until they become almost charred. Pat the steaks with kitchen paper. To butterfly, carefully slice horizontally through the middle of each one, using long, slow slicing movements and open each one out like a book. Chop the rosemary and sprinkle, along with salt and pepper on a chopping board. Place your open steaks on top, patting them down so the seasoning sticks to the meat. Spray with low-cal spray, turn over and repeat on the other side. Remove cooked mushrooms and put on a plate. Put the steaks on the heat (for four minutes for a medium steak) turning every minute. When done remove the steaks to a plate to rest. Halve the ciabatta at an angle and place in the pan with a weight on top (a saucepan will do) so that the bread becomes charred. Toast for a minute or two on each side. Squeeze lemon juice over the steaks. Top each piece of ciabatta with a steak and mushroom and serve with Dijon mustard on the side.

Broccoli and pesto tagliatelle
    Propoints: 10pp per person
    Serves: 4
    Ingredients:
    1 Medium potato 3
    1 Head of broccoli 0
    Bunch of basil 0
    Salt 0
    200g dried tagliatelle 20
    4 tablespoons of green pesto 8
    40g Parmesan cheese 8

Method:

Wash and peel the potato and cut it into very thin shavings using a speed peeler. Slice the end of the broccoli stalk and cut the head into little florets. Halve the thick stalk lengthways and slice thinly. Pick the basil leaves and grate the parmesan.
    Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and add the tagliatelle and broccoli stalks. Cook according to the tagliatelle instructions on pack. 2 minutes before it is fully cooked add the broccoli florets and potato slices. Drain over a colander but reserve some of the cooking water. Add the pasta mix back to the pan. Chop the basil and add to the mix along with the pesto and half the parmesan. Stir and serve. Sprinkle over the remaining parmesan over each bowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 llbb

Hey Everyone,

Just started on the new system two weeks ago, with my 2nd wi on Weds.. Bit nervous but finding the new system much easier, esp with fruit being free! Amazing :)

Having problems doing nice lunches for college though.. Anyone have any good ones? (I always want to keep most of my points for dinner...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you excerise should it show up on the scale straight away?

Just went for a 6km fast uphill walk and came home and had a 12pp dinner and stepped on the scales and im up ..........

Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

llbb wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Just started on the new system two weeks ago, with my 2nd wi on Weds.. Bit nervous but finding the new system much easier, esp with fruit being free! Amazing :)

Having problems doing nice lunches for college though.. Anyone have any good ones? (I always want to keep most of my points for dinner...)

I usually go for a WW wrap (3PP) with either small tin of tuna (2PP), lettuce, cucumber & Tomatoe or instead of tuna, tesco chicken tikki mini fillets, there is about 6 in a pack and the pack is 6PP. I would use 2 for the wrap making it 2PP.

OR

Tuna salad, with beetroot, radishes, lettuce, cucumber, tomotoe.

OR

Homemade veg soup (or other 0PP soup) with 2 slices of mccambridge and flora light. Pointed the mccambridge as 2PP for 1 and 3PP for 2 slices, 1 for the spread.

This week I am having chicken sesame salad. I use romaine lettuce, baby tomatoes, cucumber, babycorn, radishes & toss the lettuce in a bit of sweet chilli sauce (1PP per tbsp). For the chicken (if making 4 lunches) get 400g chicken (12PP), chop into strips, fry in 2 tsp of stir fry oil (2PP) or sesame oil with onion and chilli and garlic and 3 tbsp soy sauce (1PP) and when almost cooked add 2 tsp of sesame seeds (2PP). So thats 18PP for 4 lunches, I point it as 5PP per salad just in case I want to add a bit more sweet chilli sauce.

boxoff wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if you excerise should it show up on the scale straight away?

Just went for a 6km fast uphill walk and came home and had a 12pp dinner and stepped on the scales and im up ..........

Any advice??

sometimes...but considering you just ate....that would show on the scales...if you hopped on the scales just after eating....the food it self physically weights a certain amount till the body burns it up....

llbb wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

perfect timing, this weeks ww article of the week on the uk site is about packed lunches!

Five Lovely and Light Lunch Ideas

Making your own lunch to eat at work or home is a great way to stay satisfied at lunchtime and keep on track with your weight loss. Here are five luscious and light lunch ideas that could be just the midday meal inspiration you need!

1. Roasted Courgettes with Feta, Mint and Pomegranate

Makes 1 serving
    ProPoints® value | 4 per serving

This is a wonderfully colourful salad. You can prepare everything the night before and leave it in the fridge until you are ready to eat.

Ingredients
    2 courgettes, roughly chopped
    2 sprigs of thyme leaves
    1 tsp olive oil
    40g feta cheese
    2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
    Juice of half a lemon
    A handful of torn mint leaves
    Salt and pepper

Instructions
    Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. Mix the courgettes, thyme leaves, olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Spread the courgettes out over a baking tray and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the courgettes are cooked through and tender. Remove from the oven and set to one side to cool.

Put the courgettes in a mixing bowl, crumble over the feta and add the pomegranate seeds, mint and lemon juice. Mix everything together really well. Tip the wonderful salad into your lunch box and pop it into the fridge until you are ready to eat!

2. Vietnamese Chicken Salad

Makes 1 serving
    ProPoints® value | 5 per serving

This wonderful salad, straight from the streets of Hanoi, is so healthy and really speedy to make. The cashew nuts add a great crunch to the salad. However, if you are really watching the points you can leave them out.

Ingredients
    100g chicken breast, grilled without skin and roughly sliced
    2 carrots, grated
    ¼ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
    A handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
    10 individual cashew nuts (1g each), bashed
    Juice of a lime
    2 tsp fish sauce

Instructions
    Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and toss everything together. Spoon the zesty salad into your lunch box and put it into the fridge until you are ready to eat.

3. Prawn and Noodle Salad

Makes 1 serving
    ProPoints® value | 7 per serving

This wonderful cold noodle salad is so quick and easy to make that even the busiest of us don’t have any excuses! You simply buy everything, apart from the dressing, ready to go from the supermarket, so all you have to do is mix everything together and tuck in.

Ingredients
    120g peeled, cooked prawns
    150g cooked egg noodles
    50g beansprouts
    A handful of washed baby spinach
    1 tbsp soy sauce
    1 tsp olive oil
    A squeeze of lime

Instructions
    Mix all of the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl so that everything is covered in the lovely oriental dressing and serve immediately.

4. Chicken and Houmous Wrap

Makes 1 serving
    ProPoints® value | 10 per serving

Wraps are so versatile and great for lunch as they don’t go soggy. This wrap has loads of lovely fresh salad, chicken and low fat houmous. It's super healthy and really delicious.

Ingredients
    1 wholemeal tortilla wrap
    2 tbsp reduced fat houmous
    70g chicken breast, grilled without skin and roughly sliced
    ¼ red onion, finely sliced
    ½ tomato, sliced
    A handful of rocket

Instructions
    Lay the tortilla wrap on a chopping board and spread the houmous in a line down the middle. Put the chicken on top of the houmous and arrange the red onion, tomato and rocket over the top. Carefully roll up the tortilla and tuck in!

5. Chickpea and Yogurt Salad

Makes 1 serving
    ProPoints® value | 6 per serving

This refreshing Indian style chickpea salad is so tasty and lasts perfectly in the fridge so you can prepare it the night before.

Ingredients
    4 tbsp drained chickpeas
    150g 0% fat Greek style yogurt
    ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
    A handful of roughly chopped mint leaves
    Juice of ½ a lemon
    ½ tsp ground cumin
    A pinch of salt

Instructions
    Mix all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and transfer everything into your lunch box. Pop the cooling salad into the fridge until you are ready to eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

I thought I'd pop in and say Hi. I haven't been on here in a few months or so.. this day last year was the very first time I decided to go on my diet and joined WW.. lost my 70 pound in 7 months and its been 5 months since I reached my target.

I thought I wouldn't be able to keep the weight off but the past 5 months I have just gone up 1 pound and down 1... been eating alot more since I reached my goal but working out even more so I am able to maintain my weight

Hope everyone is doing well and close to their target
    and hello to all the new people :)

alpha2010 wrote: »
    I thought I'd pop in and say Hi. I haven't been on here in a few months or so.. this day last year was the very first time I decided to go on my diet and joined WW.. lost my 70 pound in 7 months and its been 5 months since I reached my target.

I thought I wouldn't be able to keep the weight off but the past 5 months I have just gone up 1 pound and down 1... been eating alot more since I reached my goal but working out even more so I am able to maintain my weight

wow thats amazing! any tips? I'm hoping to lose 60lbs by christmas, i've 16lbs down so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

The main things I done was sticked to my points everyday except on Fridays when I ate anything I wanted.

I wrote out what I would eat the night before so I wouldn't go off track

my main thing was walking but after awhile I started jogging because I wasn't losing any weight with walking anymore.. but that will be different for everyone.

I just kept picturing myself in a size 10 dress

hope it all works out for you.. good luck .. you will do it :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

I just kept picturing myself in a size 10 dress

hope it all works out for you.. good luck .. you will do it :)

Congratulations, what an amazing achievement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

wow thats amazing :) well done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Thats fantastic! Well done!!

Walking works! It’s one of the easiest forms of activity for your body, with no fancy equipment or monthly fees needed. So, grab some comfy footwear and find out how to walk the walk.

There’s no doubt about it, walking is good for you. It’s great for your weight loss, good for your heart and lungs and even for your feeling of wellbeing.

Stepping Up
    Experts from the British Heart Foundation (BHF) tell us that walking can be one of the best activities we can do for our heart and overall health. They say walking can protect us against high blood pressure, coronary heart disease, osteoporosis (thinning of the bones) and many other conditions.

And a brisk walk every day can give your weight loss a real kick too – just make sure that you are walking at a good pace which raises your heart beat a little. A dawdle through the shops might not be enough!

Walking every day can help you feel more energetic and improve your mood, as well as tone up and strengthen your muscles. And because walking is absolutely free, it's a great daily activity to get into in these cash strapped times. Pretty convincing reasons to get out there, aren't they?

The BHF recommends walking 10,000 steps a day at the least to boost your health. This is about five miles, or around an hour.

Where, When And Who With?

Make It A Date.
    Plan your walking week with a couple of friends. This is a fantastic way to catch up socially as well as work out, and you can motivate each other to get up and go. Or why not take a romantic walk with a loved one or get your whole family out and moving for a bit of family bonding!

Join A Walking Club
    There are lots of walking clubs which run walks through countryside and rural areas in our towns and cities. You might just be surprised by the natural beauty in your surroundings that you never noticed before! Joining a club is also a great way of making new friends. For more ideas, visit England's “Walking the Way to Health Initiative", “Lets Walk Cymru" for Wales, or “Paths To Health" in Scotland.

Be Animal Friendly
    If you've a dog in your family there is no excuse for not walking at least once a day, both for their health and yours. Llama walking is a craze that is happening all around the UK and is open to the public. These cuddly looking animals are very intelligent and love a spot of walking with a friendly human.

Walk To The Beat
    If you're going it alone one way to keep motivated and speedy along your walk is to add a soundtrack that gets you moving! Take you mp3 player with an hour's worth of your top tracks to get your knees pumping.

Getting To 10,000 Steps.
    The BHF says if you're not used to walking, start with 10 minutes twice a day, building up to 30 minutes daily (either all at once of broken down into shorter walks) Keep pushing yourself to build up to 10,000 steps.

Using a pedometer to track your steps and time can be helpful and as you keep up your good walking habits you will notice if you are increasing in speed and energy. The ProPoints Pedometer Plus is unique to Weight Watchers and tracks the activity ProPoints values, steps, distance and exercise time earned over seven days.

Remember to wear supportive shoes with flexibility and good tread. Depending on your budget, it may be worth getting your shoes fitted properly at a specialist shop. Wear comfortable, breathable layers to allow your body to move easily, for example, a mid or light layer with a fleece on top. And don't forget your raincoat if it looks cloudy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Well done, that is fantastic!!
    Did you find the jogging hard to start with?? I feel Im walking so fast that my poor legs are DYING to jog... but Im afraid!! Dont know why but I just cant let myself do it. :o

On another note went to Zumba tonight. OMG I loved it, some workout.:D
    Now if I am not down tomorrow night Im gonna hit something, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

Havent been on in a couple of weeks I was atotal disaster and put 5 lbs in 2 weeks but then went back on the programme and was really good for the week and lost 5.5lbs so really down .5 Its such a pithy i went off track because I am now just 1 lb short of 30 lbs loss ah well I have been good so far this week fingers crossed I have only 6 days this week as we are getting weighed on wed instead of thursday. Soryr about the rambling but I can't eat when I am typing Love reading your stories.:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

It's lovely to hear someone's success story. It lets us all know that it achieveable. Well done you on the weight loss & the maintainance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Shoelover I think you did really well at the kids party, sometimes you have to eat at these things to be social especially if ppl dont know you are on ww & if the host has gone to so much trouble but fair play to you, you pointed it all & supplemented yourself with 1pp soup & fruit :)

As you say before you wouldn't have done that so I would look on that as a huge positive :) like you I get mean with my pp & hate wasting them on crap, I beat myself up after it (S***e meal out in Berlin springs to mind!) but the trick is realising that life gets in the way of WW sometimes but we can balance it out over the rest of the day/ week & do more exercise.

This plan has to be liveable once we all get to goal, it's unrealistic (well for me at least!) to not have the regular sweet or savoury treat. A few glasses of wine or a meal out I don't want to eat like a saint for 12 months get to goal then undo all the hard work, it is a lifestyle change & I'm making pp fit into my existing life as much as is humanly possible!

Thanks Kay! Support on here is great, just what you need when down in the dumps :)

Mondays are my bold days...cos of my long breaks in college....but i'm usually really good on tuesdays so it balances out :)

At least its a nice short week college wise...so have more control over when and when i eat :)

Got a new boxset (true blood 1+2) today cos i had a couple of hmv vouchers i got at xmas :) Something new to watch while on the treadmill :)

Night All....I know its only Monday...but i'm already dreaming about getting to sleep in on thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I thought I wouldn't be able to keep the weight off but the past 5 months I have just gone up 1 pound and down 1... been eating alot more since I reached my goal but working out even more so I am able to maintain my weight :)

wow congratulations mrs, that's a fantastic achievement. You must be so Proud of urself.

Do u still go to meetings regularly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Anyone else gone back to old points like me?!!

Waiting to see what loss I get on Saturday! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement