Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

eok56 wrote: »
    Just one question, my friend joined for the first time last week; she is finding it really tough, the thing is that she doesn't eat any vegetables and is going over her points every day, any suggestions?

Does she eat soup? My kids aren't too great on veg, but will eat soup. A big bowl of soup, even if she has to give up 1 pp for it would be really filling.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Has anyone tried Zumba just back from my third class it's great exercise and such a laugh I'm earning around 5pp per class and am seeing the results on the scales from it and walking home from work :)

Sorry just in a good mood

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Nope, totally anti-veg, think she may try tomato soup. Makes you really think that veg is such a filler.... every dinner lunch I have has veg of some kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Maybe this is old news and way behind (quite possible!) but the weightwatchers.co.uk site is amazing-waaay better than our one for recipes and eating out stuff etc. It has info on food, drink etc..really worth a look!:)
    also bought the 'seriously satisfying' cookbook today which looks great!
    Week 2 weigh in this evening and was down 3lbs..happy with it but I ve tried so many crash diets recently that I was used to seeing 7 and 8lbs down in a week so that seemed slow but I know it s more sustainable. have to get the 'it's a lifestyle' thing into my head!!it's made hubbie do it too..he has no other option-its strictly 'ww friendly' in the house at the moment!:)he's down 7lbs so he s delighted too..definitely a plan to stick to for the long haul instead of my usual faddy diets that lasted no longer than a week!hence how I ve ended up with three stone to lose....having started crash dieting to lose only one and a half!!:eek:

Hey just wondering looking through all the posts re: fruit if I'm actually eating too much here's a typical day eating these throughout the day
    Apple
    Banana
    Fruit salad (1/2 apple 1/2 pear handful mixed berries handful pineapple chunks handful diced mango)
    3 plums
    2 satsumas
    1 pear
    carrot sticks

Jasus lookin at it it seems like alot but I've continuously lost weight since starting on pp now I'm worried!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Hey just wondering looking through all the posts re: fruit if I'm actually eating too much here's a typical day eating these throughout the day
    Apple
    Banana
    Fruit salad (1/2 apple 1/2 pear handful mixed berries handful pineapple chunks handful diced mango)
    3 plums
    2 satsumas
    1 pear
    carrot sticks

Jasus lookin at it it seems like alot but I've continuously lost weight since starting on pp now I'm worried!!!!!

If you're loosing weight and its helping you to fill up during the day Id say you're doing great. Maybe mix it up by swopping one or two of your fruit portions to veg instead. You're still snacking way healthier than I did this evening!!!:) x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Has anyone tried Zumba just back from my third class it's great exercise and such a laugh I'm earning around 5pp per class and am seeing the results on the scales from it and walking home from work :)

I'm hoping to join nxt Monday if I get home from work on time. Looking forward to it. Great to hear your seeing the benefits :)

Had a ****ty week. It's my totm and I'm just starving for the last few days. Felt really fat lately too. Didn't help that I tried on a dress tonight and it was really tight across the hips again. Think it was because it was freshly washed tho. Well that's what I'm telling myself!

Super busy in work too, working late and have no motivation to exercise when I get home.

WI tomorrow night, so hopefully I'll just start a new week on Thursday and put this week behind me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Thought I'd pop my weigh in video here for anybody thats interested!

Total Loss 54.5lb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Well, that will teach me to go bragging about my big loss last week....... I had my WI last night and I was UP half a pound! :eek:
    I suppose it could be worse but I thought I had done okay.
    I think the problem was that I ate out a few times last week and when I do that I'm only guessing my points.
    Anyway, I had a bit of a binge last night when I got home, just to get it out of my system (or into my system :D) - but I'm back on track now and determined to have a loss next week.
    Here goes nothing.............

(Oh and well done to everyone who lost this week! :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Just did this weeks weigh in and have lost 1.5 which brings my weight loss to 9lbs over 4 weeks. It is slow but I dont feel as though I am on a diet so I know I will be able to stick with this until I reach a weigh I am happy with. I will admit I was a little dissapointed when I saw 1.5 but I reminded myself that it is 9lb to date, pictured 9 pks of butter and I was happy:).

Bubaloo it is fustrating to put on, but you did great last week dont be disheartened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

can anyone tell me are all diet fizzy drinks 0pp? Just wondering cos i discovered diet club orange and its yummy :D
    WI tonight. feel like ive lost nothing but have stuck to my points and did exercise too but still. think its near my totm too. not too sure though cos this will be my second one after giving birth so they are kind of all over the place :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Cadyboo wrote: »

You know I love the taste of the 0 pp veg soup but the green colour turns me off it.:o

Well, if you try the courgettes soup, just peel them off, boil them and blend them with the 2 lil cheese portions. The soup will be creamy colour, like potato, only 1pp coz of the cheese, and it's SO simple and gorgeous! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

jackmax wrote: »
    can anyone tell me are all diet fizzy drinks 0pp? Just wondering cos i discovered diet club orange and its yummy :D
    WI tonight. feel like ive lost nothing but have stuck to my points and did exercise too but still. think its near my totm too. not too sure though cos this will be my second one after giving birth so they are kind of all over the place :confused:

Yeah all diet fizzy drinks are 0 points. Funny I only found the diet club orange last weekend too!It is lovely.

Hope WI goes well. Im going to go tonight too ...... fingers crossed for us both!

Hey wanted to make chicken carbonara for dinner tonight
    i think i have the ingredients (have never made it before)
    i have in my fridge

chicken breasts
    philly garlic & herb
    bacon pieces from aldi (2pk)
    all veggies
    wholewheat spaghetti
    do i have everything i need to make it?

does anyone know how id go about making this ive tried googling it but cant find a good easy recipe that doenst involve butter etc etc

thanks ive also tried searching this thread (but im new to this boards thingy and dont think im doing it right!!!! :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 largelady

good suggestion i will look for class in my area. just started ww last night. have a long road ahead but i have started!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say i found it to be the most frustrating hour of my life. I went to it in Ringsend and all i felt at the end was annoyed! I the instructor didn't give any proper demonstration of the steps and just went off on her own mad tangent and expected us all to keep up!

I thought I would enjoy it but this really put me off! so I went for spinning instead, can anyone enlighten me as to how the class actually works as i'd give it a go again if you get shown the steps and it builds up to a routine, cos as it was it was just mayhem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hey wanted to make chicken carbonara for dinner tonight
    i think i have the ingredients (have never made it before)
    i have in my fridge

chicken breasts
    philly garlic & herb
    bacon pieces from aldi (2pk)
    all veggies
    wholewheat spaghetti
    do i have everything i need to make it?

does anyone know how id go about making this ive tried googling it but cant find a good easy recipe that doenst involve butter etc etc

thanks ive also tried searching this thread (but im new to this boards thingy and dont think im doing it right!!!! :rolleyes:)

This is the recipe that I loosely follow. I just take out and add in stuff that I like. But for the sauce I use the stock and the WW cream.

Ingredients
    200g (7oz) dried fettucine
    200ml (7fl oz) chicken stock
    300g (10½oz) skinless chicken thigh fillets
    4 rashers Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed Unsmoked Back Bacon
    250g (9oz) mushrooms
    60g (2oz) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Thick Cream
    2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
    freshly ground black pepper

Method
    Boil 200g (7oz) dried fettucine until cooked but still with a little bite, according to the packet instructions.
    Meanwhile, bring 200ml (7fl oz) chicken stock to the boil in a separate large pan.
    Add 300g (10½oz) skinless chicken thigh fillets, chopped, and 4 rashers Weight Watchers Extra Trimmed Unsmoked Back Bacon, chopped, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
    Add 250g (9oz) mushrooms, chopped, and simmer uncovered for 3-4 minutes until the liquid has almost reduced.
    Drain the pasta and add to the chicken mixture with 60g (2oz) Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Thick Cream.
    Toss to mix, then stir in 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon and season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
    Divide between 4 plates and serve immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/health/2011/0201/1224288677108.html

Thought I'd share this. Read it in yesterdays paper. It makes and interesting read and kinda shocking to see how much sugar is in products that are supposed to be healthy :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

Lady Lainy, would you mind sending the muffin recipe to me, or posting it again please, with all the requests u would probably have been better off just posting it on the thread!!!

thanks in advance :)

I tried it a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say i found it to be the most frustrating hour of my life. I went to it in Ringsend and all i felt at the end was annoyed! I the instructor didn't give any proper demonstration of the steps and just went off on her own mad tangent and expected us all to

that's a shame our girl is lovely her names Jane she does classes in ballyfermot, Inchicore and crumlin she runs through the steps before each song, she does them slow then everyone joins in and she waits till everyones got it before moving on I was a bit scarlet at the first class coz my sis pointed out the I make weird faces when I'm concentrating but other than that I love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I was down 3lb, I'm delighted :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

just to give laidy lainy a break i thought i'd post this:D,,if you go to search this thread and type in muffins it comes up:) page 420 near the end:D

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Pembily wrote: »

well done pembily-thats a great loss :) great to see the hard work paying off on the scales
    tantipie wrote: »
    just to give laidy lainy a break i thought i'd post this:D,,if you go to search this thread and type in muffins it comes up:) page 420 near the end:D

thanks tantipie, bought a muffin tray last night so gonna give these a go at the weekend, was just about to start searching through the thread for it when you posted;)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Pembily wrote: »
    Great result.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

found it thanks :D

Breakfast Muffin

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar
    (silverspoon do a reduced calorie soft brown sugar)
    125g blueberries or cranberries or raspberries (or a mix of any 0pt berries)

Servings: 6
    Recipe 22 propoints
    Per Serving: 4propints

1. Preheat the oven to 190 (gas mark 5)

2. Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.

3. Beat the sugar and egg until well combined and then beat the bran mixture.

4. Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.

5. Stir in the berries to fold them evenly into the mixture.

6. Divide between six muffin cases.

7. Bake in preheated oven for 29 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.

8. Cool on wire rack then store in upright tin or container in fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Thought I'd pop my weigh in video here for anybody thats interested!

Total Loss 54.5lb :)

You are amazing, love your videos! You have done so well, i mean you've lost almost 4 stone in total and kept it off, very inspiring :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Had my second weigh in this morning, was only down a pound, am bit disappointed to be honest and Im trying to cop myself on, as I lost 3 lbs last week, so thats an average of 2 a week, but still bit p***** off, as I worked hard, never went over my points and even exercised!

Ah well I just need to keep at it, but its hard when you don't see a result:(

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

m'lady wrote: »
    Had my second weigh in this morning, was only down a pound, am bit disappointed to be honest and Im trying to cop myself on, as I lost 3 lbs last week, so thats an average of 2 a week, but still bit p***** off, as I worked hard, never went over my points and even exercised!

Ah well I just need to keep at it, but its hard when you don't see a result:(
    you did get a result:D keep going it will come off.mine is very slow to come off but i'm 2 stones down now and nearly at goal;) well done to everyone who had a loss and to those who didnt keep at it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I second that! Both the large ww pizzas (formally 8.5pts)are 13pro pts each.

I actually dont mind the ww pizzas. you just gotta watch them in the oven, they can get over done SO easily and turn into cardboard!

I know my self I wouldnt be able to just eat 1/2 the Dr. Oedker ones..and no one in the house to share them with :P
    !
    The dr. oethker tomate fromage bistro baguetts are 8pp per baguette so if you did have both it could be incoporated into your points and two along with a large salad would be really filling and a really nice treat! I think you mentioned previously that the hawian ones are 10pp they are lovely but my local dunnes only seems to stock the pepperoni and tomato fromage ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    You are amazing, love your videos! You have done so well, i mean you've lost almost 4 stone in total and kept it off, very inspiring :D

Thanks so much! Glad you like them! :D

Everybody is doing amazing here! Loss or not, stick with it you are all on the right track!! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement