Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

kavanajd wrote: »
    Hey everyone...this is my first post on this thread. Have been following the old plan for a while on and off when i have a few pounds to lose... about 2 years ago I decided I needed to stick to it and got to goal and lost 1 and 1/2 stone which i was delighted with! After that i managed to stay on track btu eventually it caught up with me and I now back at ww to shift 10lbs. The new ppts are confusing at fisrt but i am getting use to it. Last thurs was my first weigh ina nd I was down 3lbs, shocked because i felt like all i did was eat!!!

anywho i picked up some ww food while shopping over the weekend and didnt realise the old points were still on the boxes:mad: does anyone know what the ppt are for a veggie ww frozen pizza? its 8 and a half old points, and i pointed it with "the wheel" and it came up as 14????? seems extremely high i think?

well done everyone on all the weight loss!!

start weight 9, 1.5lbs
    goal weight 8, 5.5lbs

1st week: down 3lbs
    Welcome and well done on your loss. I had that pizza last week ans I worked out the points as 13. I didnt finish it all, think the dr oekner ones are tastier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

astra2000 wrote: »
    Welcome and well done on your loss. I had that pizza last week ans I worked out the points as 13. I didnt finish it all, think the dr oekner ones are tastier.

I second that! Both the large ww pizzas (formally 8.5pts)are 13pro pts each.

I actually dont mind the ww pizzas. you just gotta watch them in the oven, they can get over done SO easily and turn into cardboard!

I know my self I wouldnt be able to just eat 1/2 the Dr. Oedker ones..and no one in the house to share them with :P

just finished my Quorn Cottage Pie......I AM STUFFIED! and only 11pts I also drank a few pints of water while eating it....so i'm omg ready to burst stuffed! :D

and yes.....I admit it...the quorn was quite tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

hi all!

I joined WW last tue, so I have my 1st weigh in 2mor, im ****ting it lol

I dont feel im on a diet which is good but the excercise is difficult for me as i have a severe back problem but the past 2 weeks I have been walking with a friend of mine sometimes I can only manage 10 mins but some days I push myself and do 20 which leaves me in more pain but hey no pain no gain lol

I am going away on thursday till monday, anyone any tips on what to really avoid in restaurants etc... I am bringing the pocket book with me but any advice anyone has I would appreciate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

agrif06 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is any help but the Weight Watchers Three Cheese & Cherry Tomato Stonebaked Pizza is 11 pp (256g).

I saw that veggie pizza in supermarket and it was 11pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

hi all!

I joined WW last tue, so I have my 1st weigh in 2mor, im ****ting it lol

I dont feel im on a diet which is good but the excercise is difficult for me as i have a severe back problem but the past 2 weeks I have been walking with a friend of mine sometimes I can only manage 10 mins but some days I push myself and do 20 which leaves me in more pain but hey no pain no gain lol

I am going away on thursday till monday, anyone any tips on what to really avoid in restaurants etc... I am bringing the pocket book with me but any advice anyone has I would appreciate.

Hey, fair play on your dieting and excerise. There is a book called 'Eating out' on sale at WW meeting, think it was 5e or something. Its a great book at giving you a fair idea whats really high and low in restautrants. It lists italien, french, cafe's, pubgrub and loadsa of other types of restaurants!

enjoy hols!

• Advertisement

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey, fair play on your dieting and excerise. There is a book called 'Eating out' on sale at WW meeting, think it was 5e or something. Its a great book at giving you a fair idea whats really high and low in restautrants. It lists italien, french, cafe's, pubgrub and loadsa of other types of restaurants!

enjoy hols!

and please please be careful with your back! Nothing is worth injuring your self for! yeah..no pain no gain.....but you need to listen to that pain aswell...if its too much...stop! Maybe try Aqua Aerobics or swimming, something that will be gentle on your back. Ask around in the fitness forum, I'm sure they can give you some safe back friendly suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hi all,

just wanted to share a new food I found.. (maybe not new to some people!) Its called Dee's Spicy bean Burger for 4pp.( picked it up in tesco,comes in pack of 2)

I'm very much a meat, veg and potatoes chick but this burger was quite tasty!

Just another idea, I had it in pitta (round one 3pp) with 100g low fat chips 4pp and salad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Megan81

Hi All
    I've been hooked on this thread & after 2 weeks on propoints i'm down 10lbs. I fell off the wagon over the weekend but still didn't do too much damage. I went into work this morning back in the zone until someone came up to me & congratulated me on my pregnancy. I got such a shock & managed to hold the tears back until I got home but can't stop since. At 5ft8in @ 13store I'm not under all illusions as to my size be considering my size 14 pants fits me no bother I never would have thought that mistake could have been made looking at me!
    Think I'm more embarassed than anything else. I know I should come back fighting but finding it very hard to pull myself out of this:(

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

foundry wrote: »
    ME too please x

Can I get the Muffin recipe too please Lady Lainy?! :o Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Megan81 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I've been hooked on this thread & after 2 weeks on propoints i'm down 10lbs.

You're doing so well, thats an amazing weight loss. I know that it's hard after today but you have to find something positive to focus on, Don't lose heart you are doing an amazing job..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

hi Megan, that must have been horrible for you, it has happened to me too! but I feel it made me more determined to continue on the right track, sometimes it can be worse if someone says " oh your fine now dont loose any more" and I'm still 2 stone from goal!!!!! its frustrating to say the least, but try and dust your self off and keep at it, you have done so well so far 10lbs in 2 weeks is fantastic! :D

thanks folks! i must buy that eating out booklet 2mor!

in regards to my back not much can be done! nearly 3yr like this, ive had everything done bar an op! thats the last resort. so im stuck with it lol
    i stray very easy when it comes to food so i dont think il do well 2mor at my weigh in! il die if i lose nething lol

i dont think eating out will be a big deal as only going to Berlin so its similar foods to here, i hope haha

Megan81 wrote: »
    Hi All
    I've been hooked on this thread & after 2 weeks on propoints i'm down 10lbs. I fell off the wagon over the weekend but still didn't do too much damage. I went into work this morning back in the zone until someone came up to me & congratulated me on my pregnancy. I got such a shock & managed to hold the tears back until I got home but can't stop since. At 5ft8in @ 13store I'm not under all illusions as to my size be considering my size 14 pants fits me no bother I never would have thought that mistake could have been made looking at me!
    Think I'm more embarassed than anything else. I know I should come back fighting but finding it very hard to pull myself out of this:(

You should go back to that person than correct them....dear god they will be scarlet! haha sweet revenge!

No one can say **** about you now! No one can pass comment...cos your changing your self for the better...as you said...you've lost 10lbs! thats an amazing feat so far!

I bet your alot healthier than that person who "congratulated" you! Thats how i take solace. Yeah I'm fat...but I'm working on it...I'm doing something about it. I'm taking action! No one can say a word to me...I'm eating healthy... exercising when I can and working my ass off in college....I'm doing all the right things in life!

Megan fair play to you hun! keep up the fantastic work
    As for the person who said what they did, tell them where to go and to take a look in the mirror at themselves before assuming or making comments about anyone else.
    You have nothing to be ashamed of, you are doing fantastic dont let anyone bring u down and those who do are just jealous that you are looking great every day!! shove the WW book in their face!! If I can lose half of what u did in the 2 weeks I would be delighted, so chin up, smile, embrace it and enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Wow, this thread is moving so fast its hard to keep up! Welcome to everyone who's new and best of luck!

WI tonight and I had a great week lost 3 lb! its my first one on the new plan so i'm delighted! i did have a few motivation issues because i wasn't losing but it really helps to log in here and read everyones stories.

Oh and Megan, don't let that comment knock you back, I know people in work used to talk about my weight behind my back (my sister overheard them in reception while she was waiting for me) and its one of the things that pushes me in the right direction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 meldorg20

hey there,
    hope yer all well and losing weight! its only my 2nd weigh in 2mro and am not looking forward to it! i lost 5.5lbs first wk but have a feeling im up this wk. just found the wk very hard, im struggling with recipes or lack of as my case may be. its very frustrating the old point system is on alot of the stuff...just wondering i came on this couple of wks ago before I joined WW and seen that loads of people were posting up ideas for lunch and dinner, does any1 know where I can find this?
    right i tink i need to just brave up and get stuck in!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

jakeypooh wrote: »
    I have asked this questions numerous times and always find people tend to ingore it
    I got to goal in 1996 with a fantastic leader have kept it off and havne't really gone over my 5lbs tolerance. I then moved to Kildare and the leader in the place which I moved was terrible, extremely rude and condescending a lady in her 50's who just didn't gel with the younger members. She basically did all the classes in the area and there was no choice whatsoever. She would have members in tears week on week and if you put up weight she would let the whole class know, she is a leader years and everybody I have spoken to has the same opinion of her. (how she is let stay on as a leader is beyond me)
    I work in sales on the road so have tried to pop into different classes over to try to find a nice leader.
    About 2 years ago a girl on here recommended a leader to was in Clane on a monday night and she is fantastic, a lovely friendly leader, knows everyobodys name, gives out silver 7's, stones and involves the whole class. We have a great laugh in class week on week and she is always full of energy and tips. She opened another class in the area so now I have the choice of 2 nights which makes it all the more easy to get to depending on my hours.
    I really feel a good leader is important and has helped me maintian my loss over the years

I think it's a personal thing for each person. I go to a class in South Dublin and I really like my leader. There was one time where I had to miss a class and I didn't go to another class because I wanted to get my silver seven from my leader. People had told me before I went that she wasn't good. She gives out all the stickers and stones and ask those people how they achieved that. She talks about something new every week and there's always class interaction.

astra2000 wrote: »

I second this. And they are only 10 ppts for half which is all I'd eat anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

meldorg20 wrote: »
    hey there,
    hope yer all well and losing weight! its only my 2nd weigh in 2mro and am not looking forward to it! i lost 5.5lbs first wk but have a feeling im up this wk. just found the wk very hard, im struggling with recipes or lack of as my case may be. its very frustrating the old point system is on alot of the stuff...just wondering i came on this couple of wks ago before I joined WW and seen that loads of people were posting up ideas for lunch and dinner, does any1 know where I can find this?

If you go back a few pages GardenGurl (sorry if I got the name wrong!) put up loads of delish menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Lady lainy thanks for recipe they sound delicious cant wait to get baking my lil girl be delighted too getting to help :)

meldorg20 wrote: »
    hey there,

Just dive right in there! I wasn't one for proper full on cooking and baking.
    Id kinda just throw pasta and rice dishes together.

but in the last few weeks I've been making my own fruit 'n' bran muffins and on Sunday i made a Quorn Cottage Pie...I haven't made cottage pie in about 10 years...and I've never used Quorn. it turned out great. Made it last night, so I could have it for my dinner tonight cos I had a long day in college and knew i wouldn't be in the mood for cooking.

• Advertisement

Just dive right in there! I wasn't one for proper full on cooking and baking.
    Id kinda just throw pasta and rice dishes together.

but in the last few weeks I've been making my own fruit 'n' bran muffins and son Sunday i made a Quorn Cottage Pie...I haven't made cottage pie in about 10 years...and I've never used Quorn. it turned out great. Made it last night, so I could have it for my dinner tonight cos I had a long day in college and knew i wouldn't be in the mood for cooking.

I bought theQuorn mince, chicken fillets and sausages!! I had 2 chicken fillets tonight, bit different to what Im used to but edible lol
    Is the Mince nice in a cottage pie?? How did u make it within the WW points? Ive also bought the WW mash potatoes but not tried them yet but have been told there goregous so might give it a bash 2morrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Have my first wi tomorrow. Am dreading it, wasnt really good this week, as I had so much on. Am a lot more prepared from today, have gone shopping and got my bits and have just made soup. So fingers crossed Im even the same, anything but up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    1 point per stock cube. I was using one today in the cottage pie, looked it up on ww uk to double check. the Knorr Stock pots are 1pp too
    Thanks Lady Lainy!Just wondering if you re making soup with it so it's divided up between a few portions would you still count it?am still getting into the whole new way!wi tmrw..eeek!more than a bit nervous!!

I bought theQuorn mince, chicken fillets and sausages!! I had 2 chicken fillets tonight, bit different to what Im used to but edible lol Is the Mince nice in a cottage pie?? How did u make it within the WW points? Ive also bought the WW mash potatoes but not tried them yet but have been told there goregous so might give it a bash 2morrow!

The mince was nice enough, could tell it wasn't beef, but I still enjoyed eating it. Its the Spicy Cottage Pie Recipe from ww Just For Me Cookbook, I just converted the individual ingredients to calculate the prop points

Ingredients:
    Low Fat Cooking Spray
    50ml Beef Stock
    75ml Skimmed Milk
    1/2 Onion
    1 - 2 Garlic Cloves
    1/2 tablespoon Cumin, Pinch of Paprika,
    1/2 tablespoon Tomato Puree
    1/2 tablespoon worcestershire Sauce
    250g peeled chopped potatoes (raw)
    130g Quorn Frozen Mince

1. Bring Pan of water to a boil (do not salt the water) Boil potatoes until tender, then drain...and return to the empty bot to keep them hot.

2. Heat large stick pan and spray with low fat spray, Fry onion and garlic for 2 - 3 mins, and add the mince

3. Brown Mince all over, add spices. Add the beef stock, and 50ml of the Skimmed milk, tomato puree & worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 mins.

4. Use the remaining 25ml of skimmed milk to cream mash the potatoes.

Preheat Grill

5. When the cooking liquid has evaporated from the mince mixture, you should have a rice "meat sauce".

6. Spoon Mince into an ovenproof dish and top with mashed potato. And place under grill for 8 - 10 mins until golden brown/bubbling.

I used a oven proof dish of 16cm across and 5cm deep.It prob tastes even better made fresh. I made it sunday night, and just re-heated in mircowave tonight.

I put all the ingredients into the recipe builder of the UK weight watchers site and they calculated it at 11pp :)

marvilly wrote: »
    Thanks Lady Lainy!Just wondering if you re making soup with it so it's divided up between a few portions would you still count it?am still getting into the whole new way!wi tmrw..eeek!more than a bit nervous!!

Well I'd kinda think you could almost get away with calling it 0pt if its spread over a few portions and meals. at the weekend I'll be making more cottage pies.
    50ml of stock per cottage pie, so I'll use 1 stock cube to make up 100ml of stock..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hi all,
    made a yummy soup tonight
    2 leaks
    2 sticks celery
    2 cloves garlic
    1 bag of spinach
    1ish pint of veg stock
    Black pepper
    alfalfa sprouts - just started growing these...sooo easy :D

chop leaks celery and garlic and fry until soft, I didnt use any oil or spray, just tea spoon of water, add in hand fulls of spinach until it wilts, adding the odd spoon of water so it doesnt stick, when all the spinach is added add the stock, bring slowly to the boil and simmer until the veg is soft, mix in teh sprouts, let it cool for a bit then blend, its a beautiful green colour and good and thick, more stock can be added if it is too thick, I had a bowl with 1 tea spoon of low fat creme fraiche, but it didnt really need the creamyness of it!! very tasty and filling and 0pp ( apart from the creme fraiche!!)
    I dont point the stock either if I am having it over 2-3 days, it keeps great in the fridge.....super healthy!!!

my weigh in is wed evening, had a bad weekend, was at a wedding and drank my weight in Bulmers!! back on track now, threadmill arrives on Wed too...yeepee, never thought I'd be excited about getting a threadmill!! oh how times have changed :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Does anyone know the propoints for smoked coley?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Shanasue, that soup sounds amazing... Gonna try it 2moro! Fair play to u for growing your own veg too!

Megan, welcome... Don't let that comment knock u, u are doing brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Just dive right in there! i made a Quorn Cottage Pie...I haven't made cottage pie in about 10 years...and I've never used Quorn. it turned out great.

Hey lady- could you post up your recipe for the quorn cottage pie? Might give it a go!

Thanks a million!

whoops just scrolled up and found it- I am such a wally! sorry!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

I have just caught up on everyones posting here tonight. Good luck for everyone with WI tomorrow. Megan, can't believe someone said that to you. You can't be that big (you are the same height as me & weigh less than I was a month ago & there is no way I looked pregnant) Don't worry about it. Hope the person is feeling silly tonight:D. Finglasgal1, I know what it is like to have a bad back. Over the years I have spent a fortune on a chiropractor & it has made a difference, although it took about 2 years before I was better. Still get relapses (am having one now since Christmas), but I know what it is like not being able to exercise.

I usually have my WI on a Tues morning, but my daughter is still sick & won't be at nursery in the morning so I can't go. Went this evening instead (same leader) & I was 1/2 lb down. Quite pleased as TOTM since yesterday, which always makes a difference. Wanted to lose a stone before my holidays (12 days to go), so maybe I'll get there - 3.5 lbs to go. Daughter has just come out in spots, so a bit worried in case it's chicken pox & we can't fly (I know she will be OK by then, but her sister may get it before then & still be infectious). Hopefully it's not that & just a reaction to the high temperature etc she had over the weekend. I'll be gutted if we don't get away & the kids will be devastated - we're going to Disneyland Paris!

Very pleased with my progress so far Wk1 -8lbs, Wk2 +2lbs, Wk3 -4lbs, Wk4 -0.5lbs. Total 10.5lbs in Jan. Will be really good before I go away, but know I won't be very good when I am away!;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement