Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crazyy

finally decided to post, have been reading for ages now!! well done to everyone, there's a lot of amazing results here! :) I have reached my ww goal before Christmas but still have about 7lbs to shed to get to my own goal. I'm finding the propoints hard, havnt had a loss yet with it :( fingers crossed for WI tonight! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

crazyy wrote: »
    finally decided to post, have been reading for ages now!! well done to everyone, there's a lot of amazing results here! :) I have reached my ww goal before Christmas but still have about 7lbs to shed to get to my own goal. I'm finding the propoints hard, havnt had a loss yet with it :( fingers crossed for WI tonight! :)

Good luck! I didn't lose for two weeks then got a loss this week and last! Keep it up!! :D

aww thanks a million!! hopefully will lose, even like half a pound would be welcome :D well done on your loss love your videos :) feel like I know you I've watched so many :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

crazyy wrote: »
    aww thanks a million!! hopefully will lose, even like half a pound would be welcome :D well done on your loss love your videos :) feel like I know you I've watched so many :P

You will! Just keep at it! I lost 1/2lb last week and 1.5lb this week and cause I hadn't gotten a loss the last two weeks I felt great!! It will put you back on track!

Thanks for the compliment on the video!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Layla0509 wrote: »
    that's a shame our girl is lovely her names Jane she does classes in ballyfermot, Inchicore and crumlin she runs through the steps before each song, she does them slow then everyone joins in and she waits till everyones got it before moving on I was a bit scarlet at the first class coz my sis pointed out the I make weird faces when I'm concentrating but other than that I love it

Hey Layla, you don't happen to know where in Crumlin she does it do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Hey Layla, you don't happen to know where in Crumlin she does it do you?
    Yeah it's the Clogher Road Sports Centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Lost 6.5 pounds this week! Was delighted whn I stepped on the scales!

Just had dinner and in the mood of something sweet? Really dont wana be bold now and spoil all the good work - any siggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Lady Lainy, would you mind sending the muffin recipe to me, or posting it again please, with all the requests u would probably have been better off just posting it on the thread!!!

thanks in advance :)

LOL i have posted it on here already! but i dont mind sending it to ppl in PM :P its already in the sent folder all i gotta do is forward it on, so its no bother at all! Happy to share!

Its in your inbox! :D:D:D

i have one at my morning break in college with a skinny cappuccino. Great indulgent snack! really filling and keeps me in my points!

Got a good feeling about this week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

boxoff wrote: »

Just had dinner and in the mood of something sweet? Really dont wana be bold now and spoil all the good work - any siggestions?

Brilliant result. You deserve a treat, but don't go overboard - you'll regret it! Funsize maltesers are only 3pp.

found it thanks :D

Breakfast Muffin

100ml skimmed milk
    100g self raising flour
    1 medium egg (45 - 60g)
    60g wheat bran
    60g of soft brown sugar
    (silverspoon do a reduced calorie soft brown sugar)
    125g blueberries or cranberries or raspberries (or a mix of any 0pt berries)

Servings: 6
    Recipe 22 propoints
    Per Serving: 4propints

1. Preheat the oven to 190 (gas mark 5)

2. Put Skimmed Milk and wheat bran in a bowl, stir well and soak for 10 minutes.

3. Beat the sugar and egg until well combined and then beat the bran mixture.

4. Sift in the flour spices, Fold in gently, but thoroughly, with a metal spoon in a figure of eight motion.

5. Stir in the berries to fold them evenly into the mixture.

6. Divide between six muffin cases.

7. Bake in preheated oven for 29 minutes or until muffins are risen and firm to the touch.

8. Cool on wire rack then store in upright tin or container in fridge.

125g chopped strawberries work great!

From trial and error i've learned self raising flour is useless! the bran is too heavy. So use plain flour, with 1/2 tablespoon of bicarbonate soda, and 1/2 table spoon of baking powder! :D:D

They freeze really well, I make a dozen every weekend since finding the recipe, i freeze 8, and keep 4 for over the weekend.

They do not work will with banana! they need the juice from the berry fruit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Thought I'd pop my weigh in video here for anybody thats interested!

Total Loss 54.5lb :)

I absolutely love your video's I only just discovered them. You are a huge inspiration!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

boxoff wrote: »

brilliant result boxoff!!

curly wurly or cadburys mini roll are both 3pp I think if you want low point sweet treat:)

I stayed the same this week-happy enough with that, as the week before last I did no exercise and have found it seems to be the week after it catches up on me for some reason..gonna try have a good week and hopefully that elusive 4th stone will be mine next week

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    125g chopped strawberries work great!

From trial and error i've learned self raising flour is useless! the bran is too heavy. So use plain flour, with 1/2 tablespoon of bicarbonate soda, and 1/2 table spoon of baking powder! :D:D

They freeze really well, I make a dozen every weekend since finding the recipe, i freeze 8, and keep 4 for over the weekend.

They do not work will with banana! they need the juice from the berry fruit

Thanks for the tip lady lainey,I'm defo gona try these at the weekend-will make sure I use plain flour..

got myself a muffin tray in dunnes yesterday for €6 if anyone else is interested in getting one

down 0.5!!! a loss is a loss :P cutting out junk this week cos I want to see a more decent result next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

3rd weigh in an 3lbs down! Yipee! I'm thrilled because stopped tracking on fridy evening and haven't picked up a pen since. This loss has given me a boost tho so back to my little pink diary!!
    9lbs down total in 3 weeks. Whoo hoo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Had my 3rd weigh in tonight. Thought I was going to be up because I had a fair few carbs during the week and I wolfed down a wrap at lunch and felt really bloated after, but I was down 1 pound, whoop whoop! Here's to a very good week for everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Down 4 pounds this week, shocked and delighted! 2 pounds to my first stone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

2 lbs down woop woop!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

3lbs down :D finally got my 3rd silver seven. It's been a while coming. It's also my first loss on the pro points plan. Gonna keep at it as I have a wedding the end of Feb!!

Well done to everyone else who loss as well. Some big numbers there :D

Eabha x

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

woohoo down 2 and a half lbs :D really expected to be up or not lose anything at all. thats 12 and a half lbs in 4 wks. im so thrilled :D going to make the muffins in the morning and the banana cake that was in the last ww supplement in the rte guide :)

• Advertisement

starlight1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip lady lainey,I'm defo gona try these at the weekend-will make sure I use plain flour..

got myself a muffin tray in dunnes yesterday for €6 if anyone else is interested in getting one

I used the same muffin trays!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Wow ladies, ye are doing great.
    I was down 1.5lb tonight. Really delighted coz hadn't been exercising or tracking.

Keep up the great work ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Down 2.5 :) another 2.5 and I'm at my first stone!! :) Delighted 11.5lbs in 4 weeks and I wasn't great this week. Also got to 5% and got the little book to mark it, one tip in it that I never thought of before was to track what way you feel suits you best, I have always thought that it had to be day by day but tonight I'm changing to track from one evening meal to the next; the evenings is my downfall; I can go from 3 points below my daily limit to 4 points over between 8 and 11 so this way I will be starting from dinner and if I am bold I can make it up during the following day. Will see how I get on anyway!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Well Done Everyone :D
    down 0.5lbs tonight, 3 weigh in for me, so very slow start, down 2, up 1.5 then down 0.5!! grrrrrr over 2.5 stone to go.....
    BUT....my threadmill arrived this evening!!! just back from meeting now, I do love my leader, she's great and been throught it all! great tips on eating out tonight...so new week tmr, first thing 30 mins on threadmill!! then cooking like a mad woman to stock up! cant wait to try the muffins..
    i'll let yee know how the threadmill goes!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Down 1lb at WI tonight. I know everyone says "Hey it's a loss" but I am really disheartened. I was really good this week. I did Zumba on Thursday & walked every day except Friday. Had my few drinks (3 on fri, 2 on sat) on the weekend but no more than I have every weekend.

Just really upset with this as I was doing great on the old plan, down 5lb one week, 3 or 4 the next. And I have ALOT to lose, over 6 stone tbh and I have just lost 1lb every week now for 3 weeks.

:(

Edit: Also, I didnt even eat all my bonus points, had 17 left. Have a daily of 35 and ate most of them, although a few days I ate maybe 3 or so less than the 35. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Great to see post after post of everyone making a loss at WI. Congratulations to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Monife wrote: »
    Down 1lb at WI tonight. I know everyone says "Hey it's a loss" but I am really disheartened. I was really good this week. I did Zumba on Thursday & walked every day except Friday. Had my few drinks (3 on fri, 2 on sat) on the weekend but no more than I have every weekend.

Just really upset with this as I was doing great on the old plan, down 5lb one week, 3 or 4 the next. And I have ALOT to lose, over 6 stone tbh and I have just lost 1lb every week now for 3 weeks.

:(

Edit: Also, I didnt even eat all my bonus points, had 17 left. Have a daily of 35 and ate most of them, although a few days I ate maybe 3 or so less than the 35. :(

Hi Monife,
    It's only natural that you feel disappointed when you don't do aswell as you wanted to, even tho you've put in all the effort.

It does sound strange that you were having bigger weight losses on the old plan. Everyone seems to be loosing loads on propoints.

Have you talked to your leader about it? I think the new plan kinda promotes a slower, steadier weight loss, so that could be one reason.

Stick with it - after all even losing 1lb per week is 3 and a half stone in a year!

Ash x

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

http://www.skinnytaste.com/

got this link, not sure of the points in them but some of the recipes look interesting, must try them!!

Its actually got the points in the recipes old and new!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Only getting a chance to update now. WI was yesterday lost 2 lbs so that got me my first silver 7. Took 4 weeks. Am really happy with that as had a mid-week hotel break in the middle of it.
    Am really liking this new plan now that I've got my head around it. For those that were a bit disheartened with it this week - keep at it, it does work.
    Monife if I were you I would try using up the bonus points. In our class the better losses seemed to be mostly with people who had eaten all or most of the weekly points as well. Personally I use all my daily ones and almost all of the weekly ones but I don't touch any activity points earned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

I'm raging because my leader didn't give me a silver 7! I alternate between two classes and my other leader always gives them out. Gonna ask her for one next week!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement