Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Never ever feel guilty if you're within your points!:)

If you're not hungry and don't make a habit out of under eating then I wouldn't worry. If you want to bump up the points, what about a hot choc or a milky coffee with that CurlyWurly to bump the points upwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hi all,

I usually eat my full 29 pts each day and would feel a but peckish afterwards, but so far today I've only eaten 21 pts!

Breakfast:
    Medium portion of porridge, 3pts
    Low fat milk, 2pts
    Total 5 pts

Lunch:
    2 slices low cal toast plus butter, 4pts
    Scrambled egg (2 whites, 1 yolk), 3pts
    15g bag of popcorn, 2pts
    Total 9 pts

Dinner:
    120g chicken, 4pts
    Cajuin spice, 0pts
    Various veg, 0pts
    50g chunky chips, 3pts
    Total 7pts

I find that if I don't eat my 29 every day I don't lose as much at weigh-in. But I don't know how I'll reach 29 today!

I have my eye on a Curly Wurly (3pts) but that's still only 24. If I eat anything else I'll just feel guilty!!

as long as your not purposely under eating and leaving your self uncomfortably hungry....you should be okay!

but a nice big mug of hot chocolate and slice of toast?

or a cup of tea and the curly wurley?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

It just seems like I'm eating a lot more than usual today - I've obviously just worked my points well (Go me!! :D).

I think some tea, that Curly Wurly and a jaffa cake or 2 might do the trick :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Hi all,

How would everyone point bacon, as in the type you have for sunday dinner. I was going to say 6pp for 2 and a half slices. do you think i'm underestimating it?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

Hey guys!!

Hope everyone is doing well and anyone that had a weigh - in tonight, I hope it went well for you all! :)

I've had a pretty rough few weeks but I'm back on track now! I've lost 2.5lbs so far and I'm so pleased!

I'm just wondering, can anyone point this for me?

Protein : 4.0g
    Carbs : 7.2g
    (of which sugars) : 6.8g
    (sugars naturally) : 4.1g
    Fat : 0.5g
    Fibre : 0.1g

I'm not sure how to do it correctly.. Oops!

x

• Advertisement

bellz_x wrote: »
    Hey guys!!

Hope everyone is doing well and anyone that had a weigh - in tonight, I hope it went well for you all! :)

I've had a pretty rough few weeks but I'm back on track now! I've lost 2.5lbs so far and I'm so pleased!

I'm just wondering, can anyone point this for me?

Protein : 4.0g
    Carbs : 7.2g
    (of which sugars) : 6.8g
    (sugars naturally) : 4.1g
    Fat : 0.5g
    Fibre : 0.1g

I'm not sure how to do it correctly.. Oops!

x

its 1pp

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

its 1pp

Thank you!! That's a great help! Delighted hehe!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rachelryan29

I pointed that type of ham. 100g is 3pp.

Good luck :)

I pointed that type of ham. 100g is 3pp.

Good luck :)

Brill, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

thanks for pointing it :D im having it for sunday dinner too yummy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 meldorg20

hi all, congrats on the losses, quick questions....wats wit the silver 7, never heard of it before and 2nd is quorn mince...wats the deal? spag bol is my fave dinner, is that way less points and does it taste similar to real mince? just finished off 2 curly wurlys and feeling like a glutten, even though it was within my points :eek:

meldorg20 wrote: »
    hi all, congrats on the losses, quick questions....wats wit the silver 7, never heard of it before and 2nd is quorn mince...wats the deal? spag bol is my fave dinner, is that way less points and does it taste similar to real mince? just finished off 2 curly wurlys and feeling like a glutten, even though it was within my points :eek:

Silver 7s are stickers you get for ever 7lbs you lose.

125g of standard beef mince is 7pp
    125g of extra lean beef mince is 6pp
    125g of quorn mince is 3pp

its pretty tasty! I was a sceptic but I liked it! I make decent sized quorn cottage pie that serves one, for 11pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

tantipie wrote: »
    you did get a result:D keep going it will come off.mine is very slow to come off but i'm 2 stones down now and nearly at goal;) well done to everyone who had a loss and to those who didnt keep at it!!!

Hey thanks , you are right and I refuse to let it deter me!

Just wondering does anyone know how many proppoints are in a panini?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 meldorg20

thanks lady lainey, thats great that its so little points! must pick some up, presume u can get it in anyshop...what section wud it be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Tonight was my WI, I didn't go last week as it was the week from hell due to some bad news. Anyway, I tried to be good with my food but I wasn't pointing or anything just trying to be sensible and I lost 4lbs.

My OH was working things out and he thinks I was hitting my 29 points each day and I most definitely used my 49 points on wine. WW is going to be a constant in my life now as it is something I can control and this will balance out the things I have no control over. My meeting leader was lovely when I explained things to her and she gave great advice. I think the one thing I've learned with the new system is that you can have the treats and breakout a little but you know it's accounted for and, therefore, the guilt is alleviated.

Ok meandering over. Hope everyone is getting on ok x.

meldorg20 wrote: »
    thanks lady lainey, thats great that its so little points! must pick some up, presume u can get it in anyshop...what section wud it be in?

yeah tesco, dunnes, supervalu ect. Should be with frozen burgers and stuff!
    Its a lil bit pricey...but if you only use what you need it does last. I weight it out as i need it. you'll get 500g bag for about 4euro

Hey all, congratulations everyone on their weight losses this week! Lets all try and be good this weekend!

Just a question I'd like to throw out, are people 'treating'themselves on the new system? I have been, as in if I fancy chocolate (which feels like every other day), I will have a crunchie or a packet of velvet crunch, I will always point them, but I just feel it keeps me sane. I wonder am I hindering my weight loss? I am using most of my points, usually 27/29, but not using my activity points...

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all, congratulations everyone on their weight losses this week! Lets all try and be good this weekend!

Just a question I'd like to throw out, are people 'treating'themselves on the new system? I have been, as in if I fancy chocolate (which feels like every other day), I will have a crunchie or a packet of velvet crunch, I will always point them, but I just feel it keeps me sane. I wonder am I hindering my weight loss? I am using most of my points, usually 27/29, but not using my activity points...

For me its indulging my coffee addiction!
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha 2pp,
    Skinny Cappucino is 1pp
    Aldi Low Cal Hot Chocolate 1pp
    Kellogs Cereal bars 2pp

I use up all my propoints nearly every day....and even dip one or two over some nights! I snack alot cos my days are so long! breakfast, most days in college 2 breaks, then usually have a cup of coffee when i get home from college, and then dinner.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    For me its indulging my coffee addiction!
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha 2pp,
    Skinny Cappucino is 1pp
    Aldi Low Cal Hot Chocolate 1pp
    Kellogs Cereal bars 2pp

I use up all my propoints nearly every day....and even dip one or two over some nights! I snack alot cos my days are so long! breakfast, most days in college 2 breaks, then usually have a cup of coffee when i get home from college, and then dinner.

I have a coffee addiction too! I have been drinking it black with sweetener this week, and boy its difficult!! SO would you think I am ok doing what I am doing? I am still eating fruit etc (though the last day or two I havent been great, but will be back on track tomorrow).

I have a coffee addiction too! I have been drinking it black with sweetener this week, and boy its difficult!! SO would you think I am ok doing what I am doing? I am still eating fruit etc (though the last day or two I havent been great, but will be back on track tomorrow).

sounds okay to me! :) I do need to start pointing better tho. When it comes to my snacks I forget to track! I track my dailies totally...but once i go into my weeklies...i get a lil careless i think. :P i'll pick up something and ah sure i have X amount of weeklies....its fine. Must get out of that habbit!

Weight in saturday morning...so at least i know TOMORROW i'll be GOOD! Quorn Cottage Pie tomorrow night for din dins! Early dinner and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    sounds okay to me! :) I do need to start pointing better tho. When it comes to my snacks I forget to track! I track my dailies totally...but once i go into my weeklies...i get a lil careless i think. :P i'll pick up something and ah sure i have X amount of weeklies....its fine. Must get out of that habbit!

Weight in saturday morning...so at least i know TOMORROW i'll be GOOD! Quorn Cottage Pie tomorrow night for din dins! Early dinner and LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water!

My weigh in was yesterday and I have not been great since, part of my problem is I am really not a dinner person, so I tend to try make a dinner, not like it, throw it out and then bloody snack!!!

Cant check as I am posting this, but are you the poster that mention an under active thyroid a few pages back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Had my WI last night and was down 0.5lbs. Its not much but as long as its going in the right direction I'm happy.
    I was a little worried going in becuase I had a couple of days where I was a bit iffy with my tracking in the evening, and I didnt do my usualy 2 nights in on my stepper (still walking to and from work 45 mins per day but still not getting as much excercise as i usually try for) so hopefully if I stick to it like glue this week it'll show a little more next week!

Well done to everyone who is doing so well! The encouragement here is brilliant!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi everyone, well done on all the losses this week!!
    Weighed in today and am 1.5 down, dunno how! Days at work are always bad and have done 5 x 13hr days in last 6 days!!! So i just managed to get out for one walk on Monday and a couple (short enough!) sessions on the Wii fit last thurs and friday, Off work now for almost 2 weeks so its all systems go - big walk tomoro followed by grocery shopping to stock up on the essentials!!
    Got the Quorn mince and thinking of making a pot of chilli tomoro night - has anyone tried it this way?
    E x

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Well done Eimear! I hear you on the long work days thankfully this is not an issue for me this week but come nxt month it'll be alot of 12/13 hr days, it's really difficult to stay on track when working that long & not being able to cook & eat proper dinners or fit in the exercise so brilliant result for you :)

So WI number 3 this morning & I'm down 1.25Lbs which isn't alot BUT a loss is a loss & it's coming up to TOTM & I feel bloated & blah this morning so I'm really happy!

Dont get me wrong I'd love to hop on the scales & be down 6lbs but I don't think that's how this plan will work for me so if slow & steady means being able to keep it off well I'm all for that!! :D

I'm now 13st 0.75lbs cannot wait to banish that 13 & get into the 12's that was my first mini goal so hopefully next week I'll get there! I've also had a gander at my tracker & 4 out of 7 days I came in at 22-24 points per day, so I think I'll try eat the full 29 each day maybe my replacing my mid morning snack of Fruit which is zero with something pointed like Ryvita & a topping?

So in 3 weeks I'm 6.25lbs :)

Agreed on how supportive this thread is it's great & really motivating, thank you all for sharing!
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

eimear1 wrote: »
    Got the Quorn mince and thinking of making a pot of chilli tomoro night - has anyone tried it this way?
    E x

Yes as a former veggie who used to use this alot I've used it in a chilli & it's fine, the only thing with it is it can't take as much chilli (fresh or dried) as regular minced meat so adjust your usual spices by a little bit & add more as you go if you feel you need to Quorn mince is bland but takes on other flavours really well which is great but like I say when it comes to spices it can blow the head off if you add to much at the start, as with all cooking it's easy to add spice it's slot harder to take it out! Enjoy it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Just wondering does anyone know how many proppoints are in a panini?

Hi M'lady - I would point the panini with the same points as French bread. And then add the points for the filling obviously.

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 25 min
    Cooking Time: 15 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients
    5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
    1 teaspoons Coffee, Ground
    3 medium Egg, Whole
    75 g Sugar, Light Brown
    75 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain
    250 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat
    100 g Rachel's Organic Range Luscious Low Fat Bio-Life Yogurt with Vanilla
    15 ml Liqueurs, High Strength, (3 tsp) Tia Maria
    1 teaspoons (heaped) Cocoa Powder, for sprinkling

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C. Lightly grease 2 x 18cm sandwich tins with low fat cooking spray. Line the bases with circles of non-stick baking parchment or greaseproof paper.

Put the coffee powder or granules into a cup and add 1 tbsp boiling water, stirring to dissolve.

Whisk the eggs and sugar together using a hand-held electric whisk until pale, thick and very airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Whisk in the coffee liquid. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold it in lightly using a large metal spoon. Share the mixture between the cake tins and level the tops. Bake the cakes for 12-15 minutes, or until the tops spring back when pressed lightly. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then remove from the tins and peel away the lining paper. Cool completely.

Beat the low fat soft cheese with a wooden spoon until softened, then stir in the vanilla yogurt and 1 tbsp Tia Maria or Marsala. Put one of the cakes on a serving plate and sprinkle the rest of the Tia Maria or Marsala evenly over the surface. Spread half the soft cheese mixture on top, then place the second cake in position. Cover with the remaining soft cheese mixture and sprinkle with cocoa powder. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve, though allow time for the cake to come up to room temperature to enjoy it at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I had my WI last night and was +2lb!!! I knew I would be so wasn't too shocked but tbh I think it's gotten me back on track!! I went to try on a wedding dress after WI and it was amazing but my goal now is to get into it in a smaller size...I'm not putting too much pressure on but it's the one day in my life I wna feel fantastic and I will!!!

Any suggestions for breakfasts? I don't usually have breakfast unless I am off work and I need to get into the habit of it! I'm fed up eating the usual cereals and I don't like porridge...I had 2 boiled egg sandwiches last week and the PP just didn't seem worth it as I was still hungry after them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I had my WI last night and was +2lb!!! I knew I would be so wasn't too shocked but tbh I think it's gotten me back on track!! I went to try on a wedding dress after WI and it was amazing but my goal now is to get into it in a smaller size...I'm not putting too much pressure on but it's the one day in my life I wna feel fantastic and I will!!!

Any suggestions for breakfasts? I don't usually have breakfast unless I am off work and I need to get into the habit of it! I'm fed up eating the usual cereals and I don't like porridge...I had 2 boiled egg sandwiches last week and the PP just didn't seem worth it as I was still hungry after them!!

found some low fat sausages in tesco this week,1pp each but they are on offer and doubt they will always be in stock.
    My morning goes like this - get up at the very last possible minute(i work evenings), give the small man his brekkie, get ready, get out the door, get the bus to school and walk back(30minutes), run to the kitchen and fry up two of the sausages with frylight, medium boiled egg, two slices of toast to make a sandwich and feels like a proper brekkie sandwich for 9pp, and keeps you going for aaaaaaages.

congrats on your upcoming big day by the way xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Birdie086 wrote: »
    found some low fat sausages in tesco this week,1pp each but they are on offer and doubt they will always be in stock.
    My morning goes like this - get up at the very last possible minute(i work evenings), give the small man his brekkie, get ready, get out the door, get the bus to school and walk back(30minutes), run to the kitchen and fry up two of the sausages with frylight, medium boiled egg, two slices of toast to make a sandwich and feels like a proper brekkie sandwich for 9pp, and keeps you going for aaaaaaages.

congrats on your upcoming big day by the way xx
    Oh I think I'll make a trip to Tesco later....there was a recipe in an old WW magazine for Sausage Burgers and I repointed them with skinless sausages and they came to 8PP each with buns but I could save some more PP using these! I'm just trying to keep myself on track, I get bored of eating the same foods over and over again!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement