Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭finglasgal1

fofany wrote: »
    Great result. Gives you a great incentive to keep at it!

thanks a million hun :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

I'm not a frequent poster, but compulsive reader!!!

-2.5 tonight!!! Down 6 since started pp after Xmas and back to bring free (gold card) so I'm thrilled!!

Thanks for all the tips - keep em coming :)

I'm not a frequent poster, but compulsive reader!!!

-2.5 tonight!!! Down 6 since started pp after Xmas and back to bring free (gold card) so I'm thrilled!!

Thanks for all the tips - keep em coming :)

fair play to ya, keep up the good work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Well dont everyone on your losses, I was the same weight today but I am happy. Off the cigs so was finding it very hard to curb the eating, but back on track this week!!
    Jaysis, class was a disaster today - just bickering between everyone!
    One woman asked that if you spent all your 49pts on alcohol would you still lose weight, leader was trying to talk about the healthy guidelines and it descended in to yeah but no but :rolleyes: Very frustrating - and another woman who reckoned they had "taken" the points from fruit and "added" them on to e.g pizzas.
    Had a debate at our meeting today too. Leader pulls out a drink aware dial thing, spent about 10 minutes trying to figure the bloody thing out.. and then it meant nothing to us.
    Anyway does anyone know how many points are in a bottle of coors light please?? From the book I see it is one point, but our leader is saying 4!!:eek:
    amira wrote: »
    The soup looks yummy.. what i do when making veg soup is adding a couple of cheese portions, the triangle ones, and the light ones are just 1pp for 2 triangles so doesnt add much at all.
    I make simple soups like just courgettes, or just brocolli, sometimes i add spinach to the broccolli one and maybe a stock cube.. and of course the cheese..

You know I love the taste of the 0 pp veg soup but the green colour turns me off it.:o

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Well dont everyone on your losses, I was the same weight today but I am happy. Off the cigs so was finding it very hard to curb the eating, but back on track this week!!

Had a debate at our meeting today too. Leader pulls out a drink aware dial thing, spent about 10 minutes trying to figure the bloody thing out.. and then it meant nothing to us.
    Anyway does anyone know how many points are in a bottle of coors light please?? From the book I see it is one point, but our leader is saying 4!!:eek:

You know I love the taste of the 0 pp veg soup but the green colour turns me off it.:o

yep it sure is 4 points!! low alcohol drinks are only 2 points i think!! but not light drinks so be careful lol

• Advertisement

yep it sure is 4 points!! low alcohol drinks are only 2 points i think!! but not light drinks so be careful lol

Thanks, I read it wrong.:o But from the book a bottle of lager is 3 so how come coors light is 4.. Oh its things like these I wish the old points were still here, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

EveT wrote: »
    hey all,

so what way do people normally split up their points?

I am a nighttime picker so need to keep some for that,

im trying to do 4 for brek - 2 weetabix and a banana with skimmed milk and americano

lunch 7-9ish depending what I have
    then about 10 for dinner
    and rest for snacks

Hi Eve,

I am on 35PP and usually have:

5PP for breakfast with some zero fruit
    1PP yoghurt and fruit for morning break (in work from 8)
    6-8PP for lunch
    14PP for dinner, give or take
    (2PP for WW mints I nibble on in work)

The rest for snacks if I want them or if I want a larger lunch or dinner.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks a million! I am chuffed but felt i could of doin better! I bought the eating out book too as im going to Berlin on thur for 5days so dont want to fall of the wagon haha

I know that feeling of 'I could be doing better' but my leader said to me to draw a line after every 4 weeks on my card and look at my overall loss for those 4 weeks. Try that and you may pleasantly surprise yourself.

I was in Madrid last weekend and despite my best intentions I completely fell off the wagon. Thankfully I sts which was probably down to walking everywhere. When you get there go for a walk around and take a look at menus and find a few places that you think you'll like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I've become a big fan of small little achievements such as looser clothes or a lower BMI so tonight I was really happy when for the first time in about 3 year I jogged :D I used to be very sporty but stopped when I went to college. Now when I say jogged it was for about 5 mins during my walk but it was a big deal for me. I've wanted to do it for ages but always felt people would be looking at me, laughing :o Going to try and do longer in my walk tomorrow!!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I've become a big fan of small little achievements such as looser clothes or a lower BMI so tonight I was really happy when for the first time in about 3 year I jogged :D I used to be very sporty but stopped when I went to college. Now when I say jogged it was for about 5 mins during my walk but it was a big deal for me. I've wanted to do it for ages but always felt people would be looking at me, laughing :o Going to try and do longer in my walk tomorrow!!

keep it up! dont let anyone stand in ur way! and anyone who does laugh are just haters, jealous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Eabhabear wrote: »

Good for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

soph! wrote: »
    Had my third weigh in tonight was so so disappointed up a pound even tho stuck to it all week pointed everything!! Did weight watchers last year and lost 5 stone and never once put on weight while doing it. So upset

2 weeks ago I had a 2 lb gain even though I stuck to it. Keep at it & I'm sure you'll get a good result next week (I then lost 4 the subsequent week). Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

Hi

Am sooo dishartened, started WW 3 Weeks ago, the first day i lost 1lb, last week i lost nothing, im 9st 8lbs and 5ft 1 (ish)!!! i just dont understand what i am doing wrong!! my typical day is special k with skimed milk, mid morn bananna and youghurt, lunch veg 0 point soup Crispbread and ww tuna, mid afternoon fruit, dinner chicken, veg with rice / pasta and curley whurly with the evening tea!! i do 3 eves a week in the gym, just cannot understand what is going wrong, wasnt good at the weekend at all cause was so disheartened can anyone advise me??:(

lollb wrote: »
    Hi

Am sooo dishartened, started WW 3 Weeks ago, the first day i lost 1lb, last week i lost nothing, im 9st 8lbs and 5ft 1 (ish)!!! i just dont understand what i am doing wrong!! my typical day is special k with skimed milk, mid morn bananna and youghurt, lunch veg 0 point soup Crispbread and ww tuna, mid afternoon fruit, dinner chicken, veg with rice / pasta and curley whurly with the evening tea!! i do 3 eves a week in the gym, just cannot understand what is going wrong, wasnt good at the weekend at all cause was so disheartened can anyone advise me??:(

Hi, how many of your points do you use in a day? From what you say it sounds you are not using the 29 you have to.
    Also sometimes people put on muscle and it weighs more so measure your body as you might be losing inches. Have you had a word with your leader? Maybe you should show her your tracker?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

Hi

I would just say don't get caught up in the scales and what it says too often. Even if you ate the same thing day in day out and lost 1 lb. the first day you would not lose the same every day. Your body works differently to that. You have to take it nearly on a monthly basis. You never lose the same every week and don't expect to, no matter what you do. Don't get disheartened, because if you really stick to this diet you will lose. Some people lose 1 lb. a week, others 4 lbs. on week 4 and nothing for 1,2,3 week. Don't compare yourself with what others lose, you are unique. If nothing else I am learning how to eat in moderation on this new programme and that's something for me !!!! Exercise works wonders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lollb

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Hi, how many of your points do you use in a day? From what you say it sounds you are not using the 29 you have to.
    Also sometimes people put on muscle and it weighs more so measure your body as you might be losing inches. Have you had a word with your leader? Maybe you should show her your tracker?:)

I try to use them all, but being realistic i would only be 2 - 3 off!! i just dont see the point in eating if im not hungry, i gave my leader the tracker last week she said that i was eating very healthly but she would have a look at it, am due to weigh in again on thurs but had a sneak on the scales and it hasnt budged!!! i didnt realise that if you didnt use them all it wouldnt work!!

I try to use them all, but being realistic i would only be 2 - 3 off!! i just dont see the point in eating if im not hungry, i gave my leader the tracker last week she said that i was eating very healthly but she would have a look at it, am due to weigh in again on thurs but had a sneak on the scales and it hasnt budged!!! i didnt realise that if you didnt use them all it wouldnt work!!

Well I cant see the reasoning of having to use all the points myself either but from listening to friends they all lost more when they used their 29. You know that if you weigh yourself in the morning you are lighter than in the evening! You cant keep weighing yourself because you will drive yourself mad. You are exercising so therefore are toning, you are eating healthily so therefore are more healthy. Dont panic it will happen for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

on the old system....i was working out 5 days a week for like 90 mins a day! personal trainer the works ect.....for 3 months I lost nothing!

NOTHING!

Turns out....I wasn't eating enough points. I use not eat my exercise points!
    So my body wasn't getting enough energy to lose weight. I was toning and losing inches like at an insane rate! but scales didn't move! My body was hungry...so it was retaining the weight. Both my leader and the personal trainer told me to start eating my extra points....and i did....and i started losing weight!

Gotta put fuel in the fire so it BURNS!

Feed your body! Don't give up!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

yahoo..ive lost my first stone:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D . got weighed this morning and my leader gave me a hugg, she knows me for ages and she saw me struggling last year trying to get over the stone. ive many to go but im going the right way as in every half half stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

getting a tooth pulled thursday morning! :( hope it doesnt derail my week!

Going to make a few cottage pies for the weekend :) low point tasty mushy food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Aaaand....I'm back.

5th time doing WW and I have a lot to lose.

This new pro points thing is confusing me, I had all my points nearly memorised and now I have to keep checking the little book!

Hopefully this time I'll do it - I could be relying on you guys for support too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Well Ladies tonight was my night and I binged on crap like there was no tomorrow! Dont even know why exactly, there was no emotional cause, just pure boredom I think :(

I just ate my way through a pile of treats that were ment to last the week! Disgusted with myself now & can only hope I wake up feeling more positive in the morning and get back on the wagon! :o

cats.life wrote: »
    yahoo..ive lost my first stone:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D . got weighed this morning and my leader gave me a hugg, she knows me for ages and she saw me struggling last year trying to get over the stone. ive many to go but im going the right way as in every half half stone.

Woohoo go you!! fair play hun. jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

Hopin for some positivity too kick in tomorrow too..
    start of 3rd week and after a slight plus this evenin at WI and
    a little binge this evening, I know there's goals to be met and we can do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Minx23 wrote: »
    Well Ladies tonight was my night and I binged on crap like there was no tomorrow! Dont even know why exactly, there was no emotional cause, just pure boredom I think :(

I just ate my way through a pile of treats that were ment to last the week! Disgusted with myself now & can only hope I wake up feeling more positive in the morning and get back on the wagon! :o

You will wake up feeling more positive tomorrow, these things happen try and learn from it to prevent it happening again. I used to find when I bought treats for the week I would inevitably end up binging out at least one day. Now when I do the weekly shop I buy treats for hubby and kids that I wont eat, hubby likes turkish delights which I hate so I get the bars/biscuits for him and cocoa pop bars for the kids to have the odd time. I do get some of the little bags of ww cookies pp3 and sometimes have them as a treat but they arent the sort of thing I would bing on. Saturdays is my treat day usually share a bottle of red with oh so I get a few bits that day cause any sooner I would probably break into them!
    Point as much as you can use your weekly allowance if you can, learn from it and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

WI tomorrow eveing haven't been great at all... :(

It's the demon drink that does it, was out Sunday night and still feeling the effects just want to eat and eat and feeling like crap!!

I have a night out for the next three weekends, parties and things that I can't miss so I can't wait till that is over.

I have been exercising, had a really tough fitness class friday night, a 3 mile walk saturday morning, played the x-box kinect for about an hour sat night did a 5 mile walk sunday evening, nothing yesterday (too sick from the night before) did about a mile after work today and I have another fitness class before weigh in tommorrow.
    Typing that has made me a feel a little bit better, didn't realise I had as much done but I think I have made up for it on the food side :( !!!! Anyway will have to wait and see tomorrow!!

Just one question, my friend joined for the first time last week; she is finding it really tough, the thing is that she doesn't eat any vegetables and is going over her points every day, any suggestions?

astra2000 wrote: »
    You will wake up feeling more positive tomorrow, these things happen try and learn from it to prevent it happening again. I used to find when I bought treats for the week I would inevitably end up binging out at least one day. Now when I do the weekly shop I buy treats for hubby and kids that I wont eat, hubby likes turkish delights which I hate so I get the bars/biscuits for him and cocoa pop bars for the kids to have the odd time. I do get some of the little bags of ww cookies pp3 and sometimes have them as a treat but they arent the sort of thing I would bing on. Saturdays is my treat day usually share a bottle of red with oh so I get a few bits that day cause any sooner I would probably break into them!
    Point as much as you can use your weekly allowance if you can, learn from it and move on.

Thanks! I did point every single thing I had and Im ashamed to even admit what it came to!!! But I have just subtracted my weekly 49 from what I ate today and Im within my daily points. So I just have to draw a line in the sand and be extra good for the rest of the week! :o

eok56 wrote: »
    WI tomorrow eveing haven't been great at all... :(

I have been exercising, had a really tough fitness class friday night, a 3 mile walk saturday morning, played the x-box kinect for about an hour sat night did a 5 mile walk sunday evening, nothing yesterday (too sick from the night before) did about a mile after work today and I have another fitness class before weigh in tommorrow.
    Typing that has made me a feel a little bit better, didn't realise I had as much done but I think I have made up for it on the food side :( !!!! Anyway will have to wait and see tomorrow!!

QUOTE]

My God thats fantastic! Id be delighted with myself if I did a third of that exercise! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

cats.life wrote: »

BRILLIANT!!!good on you!!hope I ll have your story to tell in another few weeks:) that's great!!well done!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eok56

Thanks, I must say when I typed it I felt much better. Didn't think I had as much as I had done, I think I went over every single day and def used all and more of my points on an alcohol binge Sunday night!! I haven't been tracking either which doesn't help!!
    Have to get positive and learn that if I have a bad day that the next day is a new day, I don't want to fall into my old ways of having one bad day and then writing off the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement