Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    I hear ya there :D I have a dvd box set i'm working my way through while on the treadmill :) Did they show you properly how to use the vibroplate? Here's a great site http://ie.powerplate.com/EN/education/education.aspx

Not really. I was actually feeding the baby when he came so he just went through it with my boyfriend. they left a leaflet with it to tell you what to do for the first week. and go on from there. thanks a mill for the link. will have a look now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭marvilly

Del Monte Iced smoothie(raspberry) or the orange ice-pops are gorgeous!2 pp for orange one and 3pp for raspberry..so gorgeous for a sweet treat (esp on hangover days a la day!!:(
    does anyone know how much you count for the stockcubes/stock pots-they used to be free but you have to point them now I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

jackmax wrote: »
    Not really. I was actually feeding the baby when he came so he just went through it with my boyfriend. they left a leaflet with it to tell you what to do for the first week. and go on from there. thanks a mill for the link. will have a look now :)

Take a look around the rest of the now renamed "Health & Fitness" forum. I'm sure there are vibroplate threads on there too.

marvilly wrote: »
    Del Monte Iced smoothie(raspberry) or the orange ice-pops are gorgeous!2 pp for orange one and 3pp for raspberry..so gorgeous for a sweet treat (esp on hangover days a la day!!:(
    does anyone know how much you count for the stockcubes/stock pots-they used to be free but you have to point them now I think?

1 point per stock cube. I was using one today in the cottage pie, looked it up on ww uk to double check. the Knorr Stock pots are 1pp too

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

[QUOTE=marvilly;70369434 does anyone know how much you count for the stockcubes/stock pots-they used to be free but you have to point them now I think?[/QUOTE]

The stockcubes are 1pp.... I think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    wow! 5 evenings a week...fair play to yoU! That is dedication!

Thursday - Sunday I walk in 45 mins on treadmill @ 4.7km speed
    and I do a tough 15 - 20 mins of sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, weights ect with the Wii.

So all together its about 1hr or so 4 times a week.

Fair play Lainy Lady! I have a route that I measured the mileage in my car, its kinda around a housing estate so its safe enough to walk at night. Good thinking with the Wii, id say those excerises are great for toning! Well done on your weight loss!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Back on track!!!

Just back from my 7km walk and feeling way better- going to make skinny roast chicken dinner tonight- nom!

Liking the new recipes! Keep em coming!

Wow 7km, well done. I did 4k yesterday and my thigh muscles are KILLING me! was going to do it again today but only managed 2.5km cos I was in pain.

I have only started exercising since November, I started off with 15-20 min walks and then after a month upped it to 30 mins. 4 days a week after work I do 30 min walk and on the weekend try to do a bit more.

Joined Zumba last week, its great. But will only be able to afford going to it until the course is over. Wish there were more fun exercises to do without costing anything (note I dont have a WII or anything).

Monife wrote: »
    Wow 7km, well done. I did 4k yesterday and my thigh muscles are KILLING me! was going to do it again today but only managed 2.5km cos I was in pain.

I have only started exercising since November, I started off with 15-20 min walks and then after a month upped it to 30 mins. 4 days a week after work I do 30 min walk and on the weekend try to do a bit more.

Joined Zumba last week, its great. But will only be able to afford going to it until the course is over. Wish there were more fun exercises to do without costing anything (note I dont have a WII or anything).

Maybe try a fitness dvd? You can get them pretty cheap on ebay, go for 2nd hand ones. ALOT of the 2nd hands one are in perfect condition cos ppl buy them and only use them once.

Later on with a cup of tea, if your half is around....casually yawn and say "god you know what would be great fun especially on boring sunday nights....a wii" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

For the first time since joining WW I've had a great binge free weekend! Pointed and tracked absolutely everything that went into my mouth using my calculator and also wrote everything down... I think that's where I was going wrong before by not writing stuff down and only storing it on the calc, would quickly forget stuff that I had had and the point values of different foods! Ate really healthily and was full and satisfied after every meal (honestly didn't even feel like I was dieting)!! I'm really learning how to make better choices and am delighted with myself! Also did loads of exercise and am hoping it pays off as i was up last week! Bring on the weigh in on Wednesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Was just reading another thread on this and thought I'd ask:

Do you like your WW leader? Why/Why not?

I go to the meeting in Parkvale just outside Dundrum (Dublin) and I find my leader great! She has done a degree in Nutrition too so her talks are always very informative and you can tell how interested she is in the subject.

I have friends who don't like their leaders so they usually leave after their WI. I'd have to change classes if I didn't like my leader, it's a big part of my motivation and I look forward to hearing what she has to say each week.

So what are your opinions on your leaders?

When I first joined WW back in 2007/2008 I went to meetings in Stillorgan & I absolutely ADORED my leader! She use to remember everyones name and little personal details about them and their lives etc... Regardless of what hour of the evening it was, she would be as up-beat as if it was her first meeting of the day! It was just obvious how much she loved what she did.

Since rejoining at the start of January I have been attending meetings in Swords. While my new leader is lovely and very enthusiastic, she seems to get very overwhelmed by the volumes of people and often ends up in a bit of a tizzy. As a result she doesnt give the necessary one on one attention to each individual as she weighs them.

She neglected to alert me when my daily propoints allowance went down by 2 points in accordance with my weightloss over 3 weeks. I only discovered it myself when I bought a propoints calculator and it asked for the input of my stats to work out my daily propoints.

I lost 7.5lbs in the first 2 weeks but she forgot to give me my silver 7 (either while I was getting weighed or during the meeting). There were a number of other members who she had forgotten to give stickers to - one lady was due her 5% sticker- and they approached her after class, however I was both a little too shy and also in a rush to collect someone so didnt bother staying back.

These arent major issues but having been spoilt with an amazing leader the last time round I really do miss the personal touch!

I have said this before in previous posts but this thread is the most supportive element in my weightloss! It acts like a 24/7 meeting I can pop into whenever I need inspiration!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering how much excerise does everybody do? wondering if im doing enough....

I power walk 3miles 5 evenings a week and have started this week jogging about a mile of those three

I think that is great going, if you can do some weights instead of a couple of these session sit would b great though.

I do 3 weight-training sessions in the gym and 1-2 (depending on my dodgy leg) 5k runs per week

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭EveT

argh, only joined last wednesday, was going away for night on sat and totally forgot about that when joining, anyway needless to say did not stick to points this weekend, going to be the only person to put on weight in their first week!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Have to agree with Minx23 about having a good leader making all the difference. I have been very lucky. I first joined a long time ago - I think it was 1994! I reached my goal weight & kept the weight off. After my first child I even went back to my original weight no problem, but then I had 3 miscarriages ( and 1 of them was triplets), so with each pregnancy I put on some weight & then comfort ate a bit, so went back to weight watchers & it was back to my old leader. She was brilliant & knew everyone. After my second child was born I had a lot of weight to lose (it didn't fall off me this time) & went back to her. She died in a car crash on the day of my baby's 1st birthday & I couldn't bring myself to go back for a long time after that. So I spent the last few years carrying around an extra 1 1/2 stone. Eventually I did go back & the new leader is just as brilliant. It just seems strange not to have my old leader as I had been used to her for such a long time! I think the leader can make all the difference to your progress & have to agree about this forum being brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Was just reading another thread on this and thought I'd ask:

Do you like your WW leader? Why/Why not?

I go to the meeting in Parkvale just outside Dundrum (Dublin) and I find my leader great! She has done a degree in Nutrition too so her talks are always very informative and you can tell how interested she is in the subject.

I have friends who don't like their leaders so they usually leave after their WI. I'd have to change classes if I didn't like my leader, it's a big part of my motivation and I look forward to hearing what she has to say each week.

So what are your opinions on your leaders?

I go to a meeting in Beaumont and I think the leader is great!!

When I joined WW originally in 2006, I lived in the area but the old leader was amazing! Then I went back after my first daughter was born and there was new girl who I didn't like so I switched my class to one in north co. Dublin where I had moved to.

Now I'm back in Beaumont with this new woman and she's lovely. Even on my Thursdays off I still travel down from home to go when I could easily just go to my local class!!

haha im actually so chuffed with my self...i went the whole weekend without digging into the loaf of bread!

Wooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Congrats KayTee on your pregnancy and congrats Garden Gurl on your upcoming wedding.

With regards to leaders, I have to say I love my leader. She won 2010 Leader of the Year and I can see why. She remembers everyone's name and is so welcoming every week. She remains so positive for everyone and is full of tips and info. She emails stories to us to help to support people and never forgets to hand out stickers and applaud people for their efforts. I never stayed for meetings before but I really feel her encouragement has made a difference to me this time - and I'm down 24 lbs since October so she has had an effect on me!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi so I'm a newbie on boards but have been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. Firstly can I say well done to everyone on their losses & with sticking to the plan. Secondly I want to say what a lovely support mechanism you have all established in here it's lovely to see that & IMHO is better than any WW meeting.

So I'm Karen ( or Kay) I've been on Propoints now for 3 weeks & have to say I'm loving it, I don't feel like I'm on a diet (which worries me somewhat!) but I will say it takes alot of organising & preplanning food wise!

I was down 3lbs wk 1 & 2lbs week two I hope that trend continues! :) I want to lose about 3 stone ATM to get me into the higher end of my BMI if I got to 10.5 or 10.7 I'd be thrilled.

Hope you all don't mind me joining your WW thread? I've a feeling I'll need it the further I get in on my weightloss Journey I'm following the plan at home myself due to work meetings didn't suit me & I stupidly didn't think of looking up UK Postcodes when I tried to sign up online duh!! So I got the home kit. So to have somewhere with an Irish slant & with ppl doing the same thing as you is fantastic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hi so I'm a newbie on boards but have been reading this thread over the last couple of weeks. Firstly can I say well done to everyone on their losses & with sticking to the plan. Secondly I want to say what a lovely support mechanism you have all established in here it's lovely to see that & IMHO is better than any WW meeting.

So I'm Karen ( or Kay) I've been on Propoints now for 3 weeks & have to say I'm loving it, I don't feel like I'm on a diet (which worries me somewhat!) but I will say it takes alot of organising & preplanning food wise!

I was down 3lbs wk 1 & 2lbs week two I hope that trend continues! :) I want to lose about 3 stone ATM to get me into the higher end of my BMI if I got to 10.5 or 10.7 I'd be thrilled.

Hope you all don't mind me joining your WW thread? I've a feeling I'll need it the further I get in on my weightloss Journey I'm following the plan at home myself due to work meetings didn't suit me & I stupidly didn't think of looking up UK Postcodes when I tried to sign up online duh!! So I got the home kit. So to have somewhere with an Irish slant & with ppl doing the same thing as you is fantastic :)

Welcome Kay. This is the best place to be during your WW journey. Well done on your loss so far. Doing it at home is hard as you don't have a leader to answer questions you may have so don't be afraid to ask them here.

You seem to have roughly the same starting weight as I had and I've lost 20lbs so far. I started at 13.08 st. It's a really slow process for me but I don't mind because it's staying off and that's the way I want it.

My advice to you is to plan and track as it does help. Stick with it even on weeks you stay the same or put up a little. Come on here and chat to people as it will help you stick to the plan. If you like keep us updated with your weigh ins because you don't have a weekly meeting to fear, by keeping us updated it might keep you motivated.

Good luck

Eabha x

Thanks a million for the welcome Eabha! Great weightloss so far well done :)

To be honest that's why I signed up because I can't ask my leader Q's & to be able to come here for guidance if I hit a WI speedbump. I only found the thread by accident a couple of wks ago & started reading the postings from mid December to see how ppl were finding Propoints. I agree with you on tracking I had downloaded both the propoints & iwatcher apps just after Xmas to get me in the habit of tracking my food intake before I actually started. It's a godsend & really helpful for seeing which meals work best in terms of points & keeping me satisfied.

I love fruit & veg & that was a bug bear I had on the old WW system with how much points was in fruit I found it difficult to eat low point nourishing foods & ended up only sticking with it 3 months before giving it up. I've approached this system with a totally different attitude & I feel I'm finally in the right mindset to do it. I turned 30 just before Xmas & decided enough was enough I want to look & feel differently going into my next decade!

I don't mind losing weight slowly as long as it stays off long term, I'm putting in the effort & I hope to reap the rewards! Ive not told anyone I'm doing this with the exception of my mum & she's been great & very supportive I just hope I can maintain this mindset!!

I am finding it difficult to eat my full point allowance though & I'm worried this will slow down weightloss? I'm on 29 pp per day & normally come in at about 25-27 or so & don't eat my activity points. I dipped into my weeklies for the first time at the weekend for some wine & homemade pizza! Totally worth it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the welcome Eabha! Great weightloss so far well done :)

To be honest that's why I signed up because I can't ask my leader Q's & to be able to come here for guidance if I hit a WI speedbump. I only found the thread by accident a couple of wks ago & started reading the postings from mid December to see how ppl were finding Propoints. I agree with you on tracking I had downloaded both the propoints & iwatcher apps just after Xmas to get me in the habit of tracking my food intake before I actually started. It's a godsend & really helpful for seeing which meals work best in terms of points & keeping me satisfied.

I love fruit & veg & that was a bug bear I had on the old WW system with how much points was in fruit I found it difficult to eat low point nourishing foods & ended up only sticking with it 3 months before giving it up. I've approached this system with a totally different attitude & I feel I'm finally in the right mindset to do it. I turned 30 just before Xmas & decided enough was enough I want to look & feel differently going into my next decade!

I don't mind losing weight slowly as long as it stays off long term, I'm putting in the effort & I hope to reap the rewards! Ive not told anyone I'm doing this with the exception of my mum & she's been great & very supportive I just hope I can maintain this mindset!!

I am finding it difficult to eat my full point allowance though & I'm worried this will slow down weightloss? I'm on 29 pp per day & normally come in at about 25-27 or so & don't eat my activity points. I dipped into my weeklies for the first time at the weekend for some wine & homemade pizza! Totally worth it :D

Thanks. I'm hoping to get closer to my goal by the start of summer, if college permits.

Even though fruit & veg are free points be careful. My leader said to us to eat the recommended 5 portions a day. If you were to binge on bananas or grapes which are sugar then it will affect your weight loss.

If you don't use your treat points daily, then use them for your weekend. Try the ristorante hawaii pizza, it's only 10 points for half the pizza. I had it this weekend and it was lovely. You can have a nice salad to go with it and it makes a great meal.

My leader said to me to eat what I feel comfortable eating because during the first few weeks of pro points I wasn't using up all my daily points. She said as long as I was using the majority of them I was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi, I do my ww through work, so it is subsidised and the lady comes during work hours. And tbh if it wasnt subsidised I would not go to her. She is awful, some weeks she would say a certain food is only 5 points, then maybe 2 weeks later someone will ask how many points are in the same thing and she will say 12!! So we have all been eating it thinking it was low.
    Obviously it is during work so we cant stay too long at the meetings, but she never offers info, she always asks us do we have questions, and someone will ask something stupid just to not make it feel awkward.
    She is not one bit organised. Once this course is finished Im going to find a good class. I have signed up for 8 weeks so have to go.

That's what I'm doing eating whats comfortable & stopping when full. I am wary of the 'free fruit' & limit my fruit intake to 3-4 pieces per day usually a small banana at 11am a nectarine or 2 plums with lunch & maybe a small handful of blueberries in the afternoon or a grapefruit.

I made a salad with an avocado on sat ( which is why I dipped into my bonus points) & made 2 'mini' pizza's with brown pitta bread as a base my own zero point sauce veggies & a little feta & Parmesan really delicious & if I hadn't used the avocado the whole meal would have been 10 points I didn't even eat the whole of the second one but still counted the points!

I find I drink less water at weekends than at work & I noticed it on my eating pattern. I find it easier to drink 2'ltrs of water with it on my desk at work but at weekends when you're running here there & everywhere it is easy to forget!

I think the real test will be my monthly girls lunch the food will be easy enough to point but my concern is the alcohol the never ending glasses of wine, I'm going to look nuts saying 'no top ups' so I can drink my the glass & point it & switch to water if I need to!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

I have asked this questions numerous times and always find people tend to ingore it
    I got to goal in 1996 with a fantastic leader have kept it off and havne't really gone over my 5lbs tolerance. I then moved to Kildare and the leader in the place which I moved was terrible, extremely rude and condescending a lady in her 50's who just didn't gel with the younger members. She basically did all the classes in the area and there was no choice whatsoever. She would have members in tears week on week and if you put up weight she would let the whole class know, she is a leader years and everybody I have spoken to has the same opinion of her. (how she is let stay on as a leader is beyond me)
    I work in sales on the road so have tried to pop into different classes over to try to find a nice leader.
    About 2 years ago a girl on here recommended a leader to was in Clane on a monday night and she is fantastic, a lovely friendly leader, knows everyobodys name, gives out silver 7's, stones and involves the whole class. We have a great laugh in class week on week and she is always full of energy and tips. She opened another class in the area so now I have the choice of 2 nights which makes it all the more easy to get to depending on my hours.
    I really feel a good leader is important and has helped me maintian my loss over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Lady Lainy, was just looking through the thread and saw you have a mean muffin recipe, would you mind sending it to me, or posting it again please, thanks.,x:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kavanajd

Hey everyone...this is my first post on this thread. Have been following the old plan for a while on and off when i have a few pounds to lose... about 2 years ago I decided I needed to stick to it and got to goal and lost 1 and 1/2 stone which i was delighted with! After that i managed to stay on track btu eventually it caught up with me and I now back at ww to shift 10lbs. The new ppts are confusing at fisrt but i am getting use to it. Last thurs was my first weigh ina nd I was down 3lbs, shocked because i felt like all i did was eat!!!

anywho i picked up some ww food while shopping over the weekend and didnt realise the old points were still on the boxes:mad: does anyone know what the ppt are for a veggie ww frozen pizza? its 8 and a half old points, and i pointed it with "the wheel" and it came up as 14????? seems extremely high i think?

well done everyone on all the weight loss!!

start weight 9, 1.5lbs
    goal weight 8, 5.5lbs

1st week: down 3lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Cadyboo wrote: »
    Lady Lainy, was just looking through the thread and saw you have a mean muffin recipe, would you mind sending it to me, or posting it again please, thanks.,x:D

ME too please x

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

foundry wrote: »
    ME too please x

Sorry to be a pest but can I get it too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

hi everyone just joined back on WW after spending the last 3yr slowly putting on the 3 stone I managed to lose my 1st time on WW!! tried to join a few times since then but never kept it up..now planning my wedding has givin me motivation to stick with it this time hopefully and the new plan has made it a bit of a challenge again i feel, pointing and writing everything down. before i knew points off to most food didnt bother to write it down and thus would lose track and fail!!

also can anyone give me an estimate on a chinese i got last night...
    300g BBQ ribs (4 ribs)
    Veggie Szechaun
    230g boiled rice (half the container)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

EveT wrote: »
    argh, only joined last wednesday, was going away for night on sat and totally forgot about that when joining, anyway needless to say did not stick to points this weekend, going to be the only person to put on weight in their first week!
    Since I've joined been out every weekend and drank and been for meals etc and have lost, I always use my 49 points at the weekend!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

kavanajd wrote: »
    Hey everyone...this is my first post on this thread. Have been following the old plan for a while on and off when i have a few pounds to lose... about 2 years ago I decided I needed to stick to it and got to goal and lost 1 and 1/2 stone which i was delighted with! After that i managed to stay on track btu eventually it caught up with me and I now back at ww to shift 10lbs. The new ppts are confusing at fisrt but i am getting use to it. Last thurs was my first weigh ina nd I was down 3lbs, shocked because i felt like all i did was eat!!!

anywho i picked up some ww food while shopping over the weekend and didnt realise the old points were still on the boxes:mad: does anyone know what the ppt are for a veggie ww frozen pizza? its 8 and a half old points, and i pointed it with "the wheel" and it came up as 14????? seems extremely high i think?

well done everyone on all the weight loss!!

start weight 9, 1.5lbs
    goal weight 8, 5.5lbs

1st week: down 3lbs

Not sure if this is any help but the Weight Watchers Three Cheese & Cherry Tomato Stonebaked Pizza is 11 pp (256g).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement