Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

Serves 4 8PP Per Portion

Ingredients
    4 Chicken Breasts
    1 Onion
    220g Brocolli
    1 Red Pepper
    1 Tin Sweetcorn
    125g Mushrooms
    2 Cloves Garlic
    2 tsp Mixed Herbs
    2 Stock Cubes
    1 Litre Hot Water
    2 Dessert Spoons of Cornflour
    600g Baking Potatoes
    Salt & Pepper

Method
    Cut chicken & vegetable into bite size pieces and place in a large pot with the herbs
    Dissolve the stock cubes in the water and pour over the chicken & vegetables
    Gently bring to the boil, stirring occassionally
    Thicken by mixing the cornflour with a little cold water & stirring into the gently bubbling sauce
    Season to taste and pour into a large casserole dish
    Wash & Slice the potatoes into thin slices
    Place a layer of them on top of the casserole dish and cover with a lid or tinfoil
    Place in a medium oven at 150 degrees / Gas Mark 6 for 45 - 55 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked
    Remove foil and cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown

Again, I have not made this recipe yet but this is todays dinner....my mouth is watering for this since I came across it on Friday night! Will inform everyone how it turned out later, with pics if possible!!

Also, on the site I found it, it says that it freezes well...so might be a good option for lunches etc throughout the week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Hi all, so 5 years later I'm back to WW and I'm super determined :D

Does anyone know the pp of jaegermeister or captain morgan??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Minx23

Jwacqui wrote: »
    Thank you so much!! Its the support and comments like that which keep me pushing and not giving up although sometimes I want to just go off track and eat everything in sight. :p

Here's the latest vid, put up a video from tues, then I'm gonna put the rest of the week and my weigh in up in a vid on tues. Thanks again for the kind words! x

Hey, Im almost as excited to watch how your weight-in goes as I am so see how I got on myself!!! (My WI is Monday night) You're doing fantastic and Id say you are inspiring loads of girls our age out there :) xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

spirits are generally about 3pp

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    spirits are generally about 3pp
    I know rum is 3 but I wonder is the spiced rum any different?? Also jaegermeister is an odd one, i'll ask my leader, hopefully it will only be 3, then a Jaegerbomb would only be 3 with sugar free red bull :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Right folks....just made 11pt Quorn Cottage Pie....Holy Sh*t Its HUGE...and its a serving for one!

I used a recipe from the Just For Me ww cookbook, swopping regular mince for quorn mince....11pt....its Massive! Oh I'm going to be dreaming of that tomorrow for my dinner!

It smells devine! Just leaving it cool before putting it into the fridge. Even the cat is convinced its real meat she's licking her lips...then again she's a weird cat...she eats tomatoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Wow, great vids Jwacqui & your pizza wraps look yum - will def be trying them out later! I have a recipe for Tomato Soup but my OH thought it was a lil thick so I used it as a pasta sauce & OH & DD loved it so much! I'm in the process of converting some recipes I have to PP but I think this one comes to 0PP per serving anyway, will try post later today or tomrrow!!

Keep up the good work....you look great!! :)

Thanks so much!! They are yummy! I hadn't much in the house for that one but normally I put onion, mushroom, peppers and some ham or tuna on top! :p Mmmm

That tomato sauce looks Lovely! Thanks for the encouragement!
    kashmir wrote: »
    Well done, that's brilliant. Thanks for the pizza wrap tip. Yummy.

No problem at all!!
    Minx23 wrote: »
    Hey, Im almost as excited to watch how your weight-in goes as I am so see how I got on myself!!! (My WI is Monday night) You're doing fantastic and Id say you are inspiring loads of girls our age out there :) xxx

Haha thanks a million!!:D I'll be checking in to see how you get on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Back on track!!!

Just back from my 7km walk and feeling way better- going to make skinny roast chicken dinner tonight- nom!

Liking the new recipes! Keep em coming!

Back on track!!!

Just back from my 7km walk and feeling way better- going to make skinny roast chicken dinner tonight- nom!

Liking the new recipes! Keep em coming!

7k...wow! good on ya! I'm off to work out with my Wii (EA Active sports 2) then 40 mins on treadmill while watching LOST I can only just get about 3.5k in the 40 mins...short legged me!

the wii game i have is unreal! I'm so stiff and sore from it yesterday...but gotta work thru the soreness to see the results :D I used to see a personal trainer...and this game is Just as good as she was...the same exercises and techniques!

the wii game i have is unreal! I'm so stiff and sore from it yesterday...but gotta work thru the soreness to see the results :D I used to see a personal trainer...and this game is Just as good as she was...the same exercises and techniques!

We have the EA Sports Active and it is a killer!! I couldn't move properly for 3 days after using it....really didn't enjoy it!! I'd much prefer the other Wii games that are fun...OH uses it every night and he's down 12lb in 2 weeks so it must work, it's just not for me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Hey guys ,

was just catching up on all your posts!! well done to everyone. I find this thread really good and encouraging , always come on here when i think im gonna binge and its really good.

Just getting used to the pro points plan. i love the soup and always filled up on it on the old system but im getting kinda sick of the butternut squash soup. does anyone else know any no pro points soup recipes they could share ?

Thanks .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey can anyone help me try pp this? So much for me being good, got up today, had fruit for breakfast then me and oh ended up going out for dinner.. and I was not good!
    Had Crostini (was tiny, kinda rustic style bread, not even an inch wide and about 2 inches long) x 3
    and garlic potatoes (small portion)
    and wait for it... a chocolate fude brownie and Ice cream.

As I had not eaten any of my 29 points today, Im wondering would they cover the above? and I wont eat for rest of day,if I do I still have my 49 points to use..

Could anyone hazard a guess at how many pp would be in the above?

Serves 4 8PP Per Portion

Ingredients
    4 Chicken Breasts
    1 Onion
    220g Brocolli
    1 Red Pepper
    1 Tin Sweetcorn
    125g Mushrooms
    2 Cloves Garlic
    2 tsp Mixed Herbs
    2 Stock Cubes
    1 Litre Hot Water
    2 Dessert Spoons of Cornflour
    600g Baking Potatoes
    Salt & Pepper

Method
    Cut chicken & vegetable into bite size pieces and place in a large pot with the herbs
    Dissolve the stock cubes in the water and pour over the chicken & vegetables
    Gently bring to the boil, stirring occassionally
    Thicken by mixing the cornflour with a little cold water & stirring into the gently bubbling sauce
    Season to taste and pour into a large casserole dish
    Wash & Slice the potatoes into thin slices
    Place a layer of them on top of the casserole dish and cover with a lid or tinfoil
    Place in a medium oven at 150 degrees / Gas Mark 6 for 45 - 55 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked
    Remove foil and cook for a further 10 - 15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown

Again, I have not made this recipe yet but this is todays dinner....my mouth is watering for this since I came across it on Friday night! Will inform everyone how it turned out later, with pics if possible!!

Also, on the site I found it, it says that it freezes well...so might be a good option for lunches etc throughout the week!!
    I made the chicken and vegetable hotpot today and the verdict is YUM!! Had a bit of a disaster with the cornflour (first time using it) and the potatoes on top kinda sunk into the sauce in the casserole dish, but I just made some baby potatoes and didn't use the one's from the hotpot. The flavour was amazing - tasted as nice as any casserole sauce I've had from a packet, and I love my casseroles!! I didn't bother with pics as it didn't look very pretty, a bit thrown together but will def be making it again :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

That sounds really nice! I'm slowly but surely getting into "home made" foods.

I use the ww creme fraiche with loads of herbs and spices and it make a great dip or dressing. I throw in garlic, fresh chives, black pepper. its delicious over baby potatoes

Souns very tasty Lainey Lady! One thing I miss is sitting down with a bowl of doritos and a dip!

Hey, just wondering how much excerise does everybody do? wondering if im doing enough....

I power walk 3miles 5 evenings a week and have started this week jogging about a mile of those three

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Girl

Hi guys,

Everyone's doing really well. I'm down 9.5 in the last 3 weeks, which i'm happy about, but i can't stop eating friggin Jaffa Cakes.
    Not buying them anymore, never had a sweet tooth but since xmas they're all I can think about.
    Lady Lainy, can I get your recipe for breakfast muffins too please?

Was out Friday night, had a frozen Margarita, love them! Zero points alternative:

Diet 7 Up
    Lemon and lime wedges
    Angostura Bitters

Bit bitter but delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

boxoff wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering how much excerise does everybody do? wondering if im doing enough....

I power walk 3miles 5 evenings a week and have started this week jogging about a mile of those three

That is loads. I have heard before that you are supposed to lose weight by just following the WW programme and that any exercise aids that weight loss.

It is good that you're changing to jogging as your body could be used to the walks and therefore walking won't have any affect. I tend to alternate between walking, swimming and aerobic exercises every few weeks.

Every person is different so you need to do as much or as little as your body can handle. Maybe try some fitness DVDs or if you have a wi, wi fit? Some people swear by aqua aerobics. Just to give yourself some variety.

Eabha x

Hi guys,

Everyone's doing really well. I'm down 9.5 in the last 3 weeks, which i'm happy about, but i can't stop eating friggin Jaffa Cakes.
    Not buying them anymore, never had a sweet tooth but since xmas they're all I can think about.

Was out Friday night, had a frozen Margarita, love them! Zero points alternative:

Diet 7 Up
    Lemon and lime wedges
    Angostura Bitters

Bit bitter but delish!

Oh wow! very good weight loss - wish I lost that much myself ! Have you tried the weight watchers jaffa cakes? dont know what there like now, but have seen them in tesco and superquinn and the like!

Hi guys,

Diet 7 Up
    Lemon and lime wedges
    Angostura Bitters

Bit bitter but delish!

Jaffa cakes are only a point per cake so you should point them and use your treat points for them. That way you can see if by eating them you're over your points or not :) I know during my exams these were my saviour as I'm a big snacker during exams :o

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as drinking TOO much water? I've found myself being very dehydrated lately and drinking 3 litres of water a day possibly a bit more. Would this have any affect on my weight loss?

Oh wow! very good weight loss - wish I lost that much myself ! Have you tried the weight watchers jaffa cakes? dont know what there like now, but have seen them in tesco and superquinn and the like!

I think i'm just gonna stop eating them full stop. Bought a huge bag of mandarins so will be chomping on them from tomorrow onwards :D

• Advertisement

Eabhabear wrote: »
    That is loads. I have heard before that you are supposed to lose weight by just following the WW programme and that any exercise aids that weight loss.

It is good that you're changing to jogging as your body could be used to the walks and therefore walking won't have any affect. I tend to alternate between walking, swimming and aerobic exercises every few weeks.

Every person is different so you need to do as much or as little as your body can handle. Maybe try some fitness DVDs or if you have a wi, wi fit? Some people swear by aqua aerobics. Just to give yourself some variety.

Eabha x

Thanks Eabha! Yeah Im gona add a bit of swimming and maybe some aqua aerobics into the mix next week, suppose its a change, less lkely to get fed up of excerise. Stopped by Tesco yday and picked up a risteronte pizza - went for the chilli veggie one. Was nice now! Put a few fresh peppers and red onion on top. Worthy of spending 10 points! jx

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj1mQT-umrY

Just found this on www.eimhear.com Good way to get some exercise in. Will try it at next break of Dancing on Ice :p

Thanks Eabha! Yeah Im gona add a bit of swimming and maybe some aqua aerobics into the mix next week, suppose its a change, less lkely to get fed up of excerise. Stopped by Tesco yday and picked up a risteronte pizza - went for the chilli veggie one. Was nice now! Put a few fresh peppers and red onion on top. Worthy of spending 10 points! jx

Good luck with the exercise. I've only got back exercising on Friday since the Christmas hols so sticking with walking for now. I got the hawaii one and gave the other half to my brother. It felt so weird to be eating a pizza while trying to lose weight. I suppose that's the beauty of WW :D

wow! 5 evenings a week...fair play to yoU! That is dedication!

Thursday - Sunday I walk in 45 mins on treadmill @ 4.7km speed
    and I do a tough 15 - 20 mins of sit ups, push ups, squats, lunges, weights ect with the Wii.

So all together its about 1hr or so 4 times a week.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Jaffa cakes are only a point per cake so you should point them and use your treat points for them. That way you can see if by eating them you're over your points or not :) I know during my exams these were my saviour as I'm a big snacker during exams :o

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as drinking TOO much water? I've found myself being very dehydrated lately and drinking 3 litres of water a day possibly a bit more. Would this have any affect on my weight loss?

2 - 3 litres a day is fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭sosyourface

Was just reading another thread on this and thought I'd ask:

Do you like your WW leader? Why/Why not?

I go to the meeting in Parkvale just outside Dundrum (Dublin) and I find my leader great! She has done a degree in Nutrition too so her talks are always very informative and you can tell how interested she is in the subject.

I have friends who don't like their leaders so they usually leave after their WI. I'd have to change classes if I didn't like my leader, it's a big part of my motivation and I look forward to hearing what she has to say each week.

So what are your opinions on your leaders?

Was just reading another thread on this and thought I'd ask:

Do you like your WW leader? Why/Why not?

I go to the meeting in Parkvale just outside Dundrum (Dublin) and I find my leader great! She has done a degree in Nutrition too so her talks are always very informative and you can tell how interested she is in the subject.

I have friends who don't like their leaders so they usually leave after their WI. I'd have to change classes if I didn't like my leader, it's a big part of my motivation and I look forward to hearing what she has to say each week.

So what are your opinions on your leaders?

Before the mods say anything, I think we shouldn't use any leaders real names.

I havent been to a meeting since the summer, I started using the online UK site in September.

I've only experience of one leader. Went to her class for about a year. She was lovely....but she didnt relate well to younger members I think. I still found her wonderful tho. When i had my melt down on the scales and burst out in tears she REALLY helped me out, and made the whole meeting about getting me back on track. I still pop in if i have a free Thursday morning just to say hello. I dont stay for the meeting but she lets me hover around :P

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Hey guys ,

was just catching up on all your posts!! well done to everyone. I find this thread really good and encouraging , always come on here when i think im gonna binge and its really good.

Just getting used to the pro points plan. i love the soup and always filled up on it on the old system but im getting kinda sick of the butternut squash soup. does anyone else know any no pro points soup recipes they could share ?

Thanks .

I was looking for this earlier today and found 3 zero pp soups on weight watchers.co.uk :)
    Asian-Inspired Zero ProPoints Value Soup

Makes 12 servings
    ProPoints® value | 0 per serving

Ingredients
    • 140g pak choi, chopped
    • 150g Chinese cabbage, chopped
    • 3 cloves garlic, minced
    • 20g fresh ginger root, thinly sliced and julienned
    • 100g oyster mushrooms
    • 100g spring onions, chopped
    • 140g canned water chestnuts, sliced
    • 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
    • ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
    • 1440ml vegetable stock
    • 70g beansprouts
    • 200g mangetout
    • 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
    • 25g coriander, finely chopped
    Instructions
    • Put pak choi, Chinese cabbage, garlic, ginger root, oyster mushrooms, spring onions, water chestnuts, pepper, red pepper flakes and vegetable stock into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Toss in beansprouts and mangetout during the last 3 to 4 minutes of simmering.
    • Add soy sauce and coriander. Serve.
    Italian-Inspired Zero ProPoints Value Soup

Makes 12 servings

Ingredients
    • 40g chicory, chopped
    • 2 cloves garlic, minced
    • 160g onions, chopped
    • 30g baby spinach
    • 2 small courgettes, cubed
    • 1 medium red pepper, chopped
    • 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
    • 1440ml vegetable stock
    • 800g canned chopped tomatoes
    • ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    • 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
    • 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
    • ¾ tsp salt
    • ¼ tsp black pepper
    • 25g fresh parsley, chopped
    • 25g fresh basil
    Instructions
    • Put the chicory, garlic, onions, spinach, courgette, red pepper, fennel bulb, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
    • Stir in salt, black pepper, parsley and basil. Serve.
    Mexican-Inspired Zero ProPoints Value Soup

Makes 12 servings

Ingredients
    • 200g sugar snap beans, cut into bite-size pieces
    • 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
    • 2 small courgettes, cubed
    • 120g tomatillos, chopped (optional)
    • 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
    • 400g canned chopped tomatoes
    • 25g green chilli
    • 1 medium onion, chopped
    • 1 medium green pepper, chopped
    • ½ tsp cumin
    • 1 tsp fresh oregano
    • 1440ml vegetable stock
    • 2 roasted peppers, pureed with …
    • 1 Tbsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
    • ¾ tsp salt
    • 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
    • 25g fresh coriander, chopped
    Instructions
    • Put sugar snap beans, garlic, courgettes, tomatillos, jalapeno, chopped tomatoes, green chilli, onion, green pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable into a large soup pot. Puree roasted peppers with chipotle in adobo sauce in a blender or food processor, and add to soup. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.

Stir in salt, lime juice and coriander. Serve.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

i started exercising saturday. did 10 mins on the vibroplate and then 2 lots of 15mins on the threadmill. did the same today. will build up my time on the threadmill and have to say i am really enjoying it. so worth the money to hire them :D just do it in front of tv with mtv on :D was able to do it when i was waiting for dinner to cook!

• Advertisement

jackmax wrote: »
    i started exercising saturday. did 10 mins on the vibroplate and then 2 lots of 15mins on the threadmill. did the same today. will build up my time on the threadmill and have to say i am really enjoying it. so worth the money to hire them :D just do it in front of tv with mtv on :D was able to do it when i was waiting for dinner to cook!

I hear ya there :D I have a dvd box set i'm working my way through while on the treadmill :) Did they show you properly how to use the vibroplate? Here's a great site http://ie.powerplate.com/EN/education/education.aspx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement