Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Woohoo weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.5lbs that's 13.5lbs in 4wks only 0.5lbs to my 1st st :) am def feeling the benefits already in better mood and tones more energy for playing with my 16 month old lil girl just thought I'd share :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Layla0509 wrote: »
    Woohoo weighed in this morning and I'm down another 2.5lbs that's 13.5lbs in 4wks only 0.5lbs to my 1st st :) am def feeling the benefits already in better mood and tones more energy for playing with my 16 month old lil girl just thought I'd share :)

Its great when you FEEL the results! Then you know your doing the right thing for your body!

Healthy is the new skinny!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

KayTee wrote: »
    Great advice Kashmir, I often wonder will I still be as obsessed in ten years time, but I guess I will!

Girls, I lost a lb this week, but also found out I'm pregnant! I'm still going to follow ppts though, not in the hopes of losing weight, I have a different focus now, but because the principles are to promote healthy eating and healthy diet. Hopefully by following the guidelines I won't be left with a mountain of weight to loose come September! We will see, gained about 4 stone on first pregnancy, and 2.5 on second...

7 lbs from goal now, but all I want is for our lo to be healthy, so am going to forget about that for now!

Congratulations. Good idea watching your diet so you have less to lose afterwards. Pregnancy was always my downfall - put on 5 stone each time! Dropped off me first time, but still have 1 1/2 stone left from the last one (and she's 4)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Great advice Kashmir, I often wonder will I still be as obsessed in ten years time, but I guess I will!

Girls, I lost a lb this week, but also found out I'm pregnant! I'm still going to follow ppts though, not in the hopes of losing weight, I have a different focus now, but because the principles are to promote healthy eating and healthy diet. Hopefully by following the guidelines I won't be left with a mountain of weight to loose come September! We will see, gained about 4 stone on first pregnancy, and 2.5 on second...

7 lbs from goal now, but all I want is for our lo to be healthy, so am going to forget about that for now!

great news, this propoints is a great programme to follow in pregnancy too, just extra iron and calcium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I just made a batch of the 0 points tomato and butternut squash soup from one of the books. Although I forgot to get the chilli for it, so mine isn't spicy. It's really nice and filling. I'll definitely make it again when I'm finished this lot!

Didn't have the best week, was up 1.5lbs. But considering the day before my weigh in I went to an all you can eat Chinese restaurant for lunch/dinner, and didn't exactly hold back, had 2 brownies afterwards, I'm pretty happy.

I'm getting back on track this week. I was out the other night and pointed everything I drank which is a first. Going to try get more exercise in this week too, my exercise has been neglected the last week or so.

I've my Dad's wedding at the end of March in the Canaries, so I actually have something to work towards, which I always find helps.

Well done everyone on the losses this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

lil kc wrote: »
    If any of you ever have the odd weak moment like myself and fall into the Mc Donnalds trap, their nutrition website is great for giving you all the info you need to work out the pro points value . . . . http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/food/nutrition/nutrition-counter.mcd

Sitting here dreaming of big mac meal! NO! im gona be good now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Congratulations KayTee thats wonderful news!

Booked a holiday for May today, nothin like thoughts of a bikini to keep you on track!

I only had a 4 pp smoothie this lunchtime (slept through brekkie!) i've saved all my pp for dinner, its gonna be a good'n! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I have a confession to make...I fell in love today & it wasn't with my fiancé - it was a WEDDING DRESS! Oh girls, I've never felt this way about anything before....I'm so on the right track to getting into shape now!! I need this dress x

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Congrats, Kaytee and the best of luck. When is DD.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

Worst week ever!

My last wi I was down to 146.6
    But the last week I have had 2 birthdays and a going away meal and in between I have just gone wild!

So this week I am up to 148.8- gutted but only have myself to blame!
    Even today- the start of my new day I have not mad any effort!

Apple
    2 1/2 ham, light mayo and white bread sandwiches
    Manhattan Popcorn and a yogurt- plus still to have have dinner- Chilli con Carne!
    What is wrong we me!!!!

But promise to myself is to get down to 140 for Valentines and when I get to 133 I will buy myself the chocolate brown leather jacket I saw in Berska today!!!!

So will be extra good from now on! Need to get back on track- i had been doing soooooo well too!

Worst week ever!

My last wi I was down to 146.6
    But the last week I have had 2 birthdays and a going away meal and in between I have just gone wild!

So this week I am up to 148.8- gutted but only have myself to blame!
    Even today- the start of my new day I have not mad any effort!

Apple
    2 1/2 ham, light mayo and white bread sandwiches
    Manhattan Popcorn and a yogurt- plus still to have have dinner- Chilli con Carne!
    What is wrong we me!!!!

But promise to myself is to get down to 140 for Valentines and when I get to 133 I will buy myself the chocolate brown leather jacket I saw in Berska today!!!!

So will be extra good from now on! Need to get back on track- i had been doing soooooo well too!

Dont worry Chic! You'll get there! I feel your pain! Damn Birthdays!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

arandale wrote: »
    Congrats, Kaytee and the best of luck. When is DD.:rolleyes:

Thank you! Third week of September, plus whatever number of extra days if the last 2 are anything to go by!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Well am very proud of myself today girls! I had to go to a kids birthday party,and I just knew I'd eat a load of rubbish the way I was feeling, so I brought a bag of fruit and ate it in the car on way down, I ended up just having 3 cocktail sausages and a half slice of birthday cake!

I know if that had been 2 weeks ago (before I joined WW), I'd have eaten rings around me, and later had a chinese/chipper!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Girls, I lost a lb this week, but also found out I'm pregnant!

Congrats KayTee, delighted for you. Hope everything goes well for you.
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    Yup still doing them, every week. Heres the latest one:

Just watched your vlog yesterday...can't view it on the moby:(
    You have done so well...you look completely different. Fantastic infact!
    Keep up the good work.
    I have a confession to make...I fell in love today & it wasn't with my fiancé - it was a WEDDING DRESS! Oh girls, I've never felt this way about anything before....I'm so on the right track to getting into shape now!! I need this dress x

So much good news round here today! That's great incentive to stay on track. When is the big day garden_gurl? We will want to see pics of you in that dress :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Layla0509

Can anyone tell me if you can buy frozen bean sprouts and where I might get them thanks hate wasting them as the pks in the supermarket are very large for the lil bit I'd use makin a curry once a wk

Thanks

Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks!

Going to make a couple of cottage pies with Quorn mince tomorrow, Will they freeze ok? I want one monday night and one for wednesday night. (my too LONG days in college

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭nuttykat

help............... I can't stop eating!!

kildareash wrote: »
    So much good news round here today! That's great incentive to stay on track. When is the big day garden_gurl? We will want to see pics of you in that dress :)

Big day is 23rd June...I'm going to try the dress on on Tuesday with my mam and sisters, ah the excitement!! The woman was lovely too & when I told her my dress size, she even said she'd have thought I would have been smaller....could have kissed her there and then lol!!

Also, when I got home from the wedding expo, I was in a great mood so ended up doing out a revised budget and am down €3k on the original....always worth a big smile :D & a glass or 2 of something nice ;)!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

nuttykat wrote: »
    .......know the feelin......have used 46pps today,which means i have used 17 of my 49allowance.......and i havn't even ate that much!!! wasn't much better yesterday,now have 17 out of 49 left for rest of week and i was up a lb on thurs nite!!!:eek::confused::eek::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

nuttykat wrote: »

i know exactly how you feel, I started out this weekend with great intentions - I work in theatre and we have back to back shows all this weekend as part of a festival. Brought in loads of fruit and healthy snacks to keep myself going - however said healthy stuff is still in the fridge at work - snuck out to the chinese for a break instead, but do you know what I am glad, work has been so mental we needed to lock up and get out of the place for a half an hour

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks!

Going to make a couple of cottage pies with Quorn mince tomorrow, Will they freeze ok? I want one monday night and one for wednesday night. (my too LONG days in college

I think it would because its not meat but I usually keep my quorn meals in the fridge and scoff within a few days.

The shepards pie doesnt last that long - cos my boyf doesnt know its not mince and keeps eating it - If i told him was it was he would lose his life

Can anyone tell me if you can buy frozen bean sprouts and where I might get them thanks hate wasting them as the pks in the supermarket are very large for the lil bit I'd use makin a curry once a wk

Thanks

Not sure but I wonder if you bought fresh ones, blanched em and froze them - would that work???

Hate wasting veg too as it is cheaper to buy bulk, so I will usually use up what is there 2 days before shopping day in soup, and buy fresh again shopping day. Makes for some interesting soup combos!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Minx23 wrote: »
    Oh My God you are brilliant! Im working my way through them here slowly but surely and Im LOVING it! You are as cute as a button, really you're so pretty and so down to earth. Iv only seen about 12 so far & I feel as if Iv known ya for years! What an inspiration, you are so positive! Delighted Iv found this to follow. Keep up the great work xxx :D

Thank you so much!! Its the support and comments like that which keep me pushing and not giving up although sometimes I want to just go off track and eat everything in sight. :p

Here's the latest vid, put up a video from tues, then I'm gonna put the rest of the week and my weigh in up in a vid on tues. Thanks again for the kind words! x

Thank you so much!! Its the support and comments like that which keep me pushing and not giving up although sometimes I want to just go off track and eat everything in sight. :p

Here's the latest vid, put up a video from tues, then I'm gonna put the rest of the week and my weigh in up in a vid on tues. Thanks again for the kind words! x

Wow, great vids Jwacqui & your pizza wraps look yum - will def be trying them out later! I have a recipe for Tomato Soup but my OH thought it was a lil thick so I used it as a pasta sauce & OH & DD loved it so much! I'm in the process of converting some recipes I have to PP but I think this one comes to 0PP per serving anyway, will try post later today or tomrrow!!

Keep up the good work....you look great!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Well done, that's brilliant. Thanks for the pizza wrap tip. Yummy.

Serves 4 7PP per Pot

Ingredients
    2 Large Carrots (peeled & chopped)
    2 Celery Stalks (washed & chopped)
    1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
    2 Tins Tomatoes
    1 Tin Tomato Purée
    1 Onion (peeled & chopped)
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    200g Potatoes (peeled & chopped)
    2 Litres Vegetable Stock
    Spray Oil

Method
    Gently Cook carrots, onion, celery, garlic, oregano in a little spray oil
    When soft, add tomatoes, tomato purée, potatoes, stock
    Bring to the boil and simmer until the potatoes are soft
    Liquidise and season with salt & pepper

0PP

Ingredients
    4 Large Ripe Tomatoes
    ½ small red chilli
    ½ Red Onion
    ½ Red Pepper
    1 clove garlic
    Juice of 1 lime
    1 small bunch fresh coriander

Method
    Cut tomatoes into small chunks (½cm)
    Finely chop all other ingreients (by hand or food processor)
    Add tomatoes with lime juice and season to taste

I have not yet made this recipe but going to the shop today to buy the ingredients....I love salsa!!

Serves 4 5PP per burger without bun / 8PP with buns

Ingredients
    4 Chicken Breasts
    1 red onion
    1 tsp dried tarragon
    1 clove garlic
    1 egg, beaten
    Spray oil
    4 Burger Buns

Method
    finely mince the chicken breast in a food processor with onion, garlic & tarragon
    Add the egg & season well
    Form into 4 patties & fry in spray oil turning regularly (or to save PP on the oil, you could grill or cook on george forman)
    Ensure the chicken is cooked through
    Serve in a burger bun with salad

• Advertisement

0PP

Ingredients
    4 Large Ripe Tomatoes
    ½ small red chilli
    ½ Red Onion
    ½ Red Pepper
    1 clove garlic
    Juice of 1 lime
    1 small bunch fresh coriander

Method
    Cut tomatoes into small chunks (½cm)
    Finely chop all other ingreients (by hand or food processor)
    Add tomatoes with lime juice and season to taste

I have not yet made this recipe but going to the shop today to buy the ingredients....I love salsa!!

That sounds really nice! I'm slowly but surely getting into "home made" foods.

I use the ww creme fraiche with loads of herbs and spices and it make a great dip or dressing. I throw in garlic, fresh chives, black pepper. its delicious over baby potatoes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement