Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

woo hoo thanks for that kashmir I shall be seeking that one out!:p
    thought me whippersnapper was a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Well done everyone on your losses! Fantastic Results!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kickflips

Hi
    Does anyone know how many pro points are in a Butlers Hot chocolate

kickflips wrote: »
    Hi
    Does anyone know how many pro points are in a Butlers Hot chocolate

Not sure...but costa coffee regular hot chocolate is 4pro points, (large is 7 pro points)

kashmir sorry did u mean the wholemeal cos the wholegrain works out at 3 per slice and 5propoints for 2 slices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 kickflips

I am seriously almost painfully Stuffed....and i have 9 points left! how the hell did that happen?????? I think the early morning exercise is making me less hungery thru out the day. its giving me energy....tho this morning was TORTURE to get up at 6.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Well done everyone. Looking forward to hearing how the other weigh-ins went too.

I am feeling a lot better already even if I don't lose weight this week. I'll have to try remember that on Thursday night! I have an ongoing problem with my neck which is flaring up at the moment so I haven't started exercising yet. I can't believe how much extra energy I have the past couple of days though. I was positively sluggish last week and now I'm grand.

Well done everyone. Looking forward to hearing how the other weigh-ins went too.

I am feeling a lot better already even if I don't lose weight this week. I'll have to try remember that on Thursday night! I have an ongoing problem with my neck which is flaring up at the moment so I haven't started exercising yet. I can't believe how much extra energy I have the past couple of days though. I was positively sluggish last week and now I'm grand.

Thats exactly how im feeling! when i'm sluggish i reach for food for false energy! but now i'm feeling HEALTHY & ENERGISED That can only be a good thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Great results on the losses everyone who weighed in today:D

Really delighted to see that pro-points are working for people

Let's hope it's contagious for the rest of us ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Dunnes 'better for you' range does granary bread and only works out as 1 pro point per slice.

Slices not as big as 'normal' sliced pans but a lot nicer than ww bread imo

they do it in a wholemeal or granary but I find the granary much nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Well done to everyone so far!! I've been so nervous of this week cos I feel like i am eating far too much normal food and that there is no way I can lose weight. I hardly feel like im dieting at all (except for not being able to have a chocolate bar everyhour haha). I'll still be sceptical until I step onto the scales tomorrow. I've been eating all my points nearly every day and have used all but 10 of my treat points. Its good to hear such success stories on the propoints though, very encouraging!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

A twirl (both sticks) is 6pp.
    Well worth it - they are unbelievably chocolatey.

A full wispa is also only 6pp! So surprised at this. It seems that chocolate bars that are plain choc may be less than ones stuffed with other stuff. Though I havent pointed any other ones but I cant believe all choc bars are gonna be this good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I've been putting my food into livestrong.com/myplate for the last few days. I'm on 29 points plus the weekly ones of 49. Each day my food has been coming to around 1200-1300 calories. I haven't counted vegetables in this - they probably amount to 100 or so cals. Just thought ppl might be interested to know that - I haven't been hungry at all and was worrying that it wouldn't work - that has kind of made me realise that it will work if it is followed properly ie point everything you eat rather than guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

Hi girls I joined back last week after a year I had my second baby so kinda was one a year long binge. Anyways lost 5lb following pro points so delighted with myself. Best of luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! GOOD GOD IT WORKS!

Had real doubts cause it felt like I was eating way too much. Then there were the initial difficulties with pointing everything.

And God bless treat points!!!

Loss of 2.5 lbs today. Delighted to be back on track after christmas.

Well done to everyone- it is so hard to keep up with everyone cause there's so much traffic on the thread now- it's fantastic. The lovely, positive enthusiastic vibe is brilliant.

Muirgheal wrote: »
    IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! IT WORKS! GOOD GOD IT WORKS!

Had real doubts cause it felt like I was eating way too much. Then there were the initial difficulties with pointing everything.

And God bless treat points!!!

Loss of 2.5 lbs today. Delighted to be back on track after christmas.

Well done to everyone- it is so hard to keep up with everyone cause there's so much traffic on the thread now- it's fantastic. The lovely, positive enthusiastic vibe is brilliant.

FANTASTIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Hi all
    delighted with this thread, rejoined today after putting on an awful lot of the weight I had lost .. FAIL!

I am trying to get my head around this new plan ..

Does anyone know how many propts in a wrap?
    Had one in munchies today and trying to point it.

Really looking forward to fitting into my clothes again ...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It seems that chocolate bars that are plain choc may be less than ones stuffed with other stuff. Though I havent pointed any other ones but I cant believe all choc bars are gonna be this good value!
    They are stuffed with something ---AIR!
    seriously wispas, aeros, malteasers, flakes, twirls etc are all very lightweight bars. They are simply smaller portions/weights but just puffed up with air to make them look the same volume and so they seem more substantial.

Nothing wrong with this as it does seem to work, so they are good "value" points/calorie wise but poor value money wise as they are charging you for air.

I eat ryvitas as they are so light but look substantial (ryvitas are half price in tesco until 18/1/11 54cent for some varietys.).

Skips and some other snack type crips are also very low weight and so low cal/points.

You can tell when a bar or bag of snacks are light as the weight is usually not stated clearly, instead of having 65g like a mars bar, it might have no weight but will have kcal per 100g, and then kcal per bar -using these values you can work out the weight of the bar. e.g. 500kcal per 100g and 250kcal per bar means the bar is 50g

well done everyone......

everyone seems to be losing or staying the same - weight in for me tommorow but I will have to just weigh in and prob skip meeting as am due in second job tommorow evening. if ye never hear from me.....its cos I gained and was too embarassed to come back on :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Well done everyone losing the lbs , hope the rest of us do too :)
    To those who have lost , have you used many of your weekly 49 points , I've only 11 left of mine and I'm a bit worried whether I'm going to lose anything this week :eek:

little bes si feel the same- when is your weight in?

I have about 8 treat points left. not going to bother using them as feel i may be disappointed tommorow. I feel better in myself - not bloated and just general healthier but just feel i willl be disappointed tommorow.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

irishneady - my weigh is on Thursday, I'm dying to know whether I can get away with the extra points! When is yours ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi all
    delighted with this thread, rejoined today after putting on an awful lot of the weight I had lost .. FAIL!

I am trying to get my head around this new plan ..

Does anyone know how many propts in a wrap?
    Had one in munchies today and trying to point it.

Really looking forward to fitting into my clothes again ...

Hi and welcome:) a wrap is between 5pp and 6pp that is just for the wrap so you need to work out what the pp of the filling in it was.

carte dor light icecream 50g/100ml pp2
    mcvities tea cakes 17.5g pp2

tommorow evening but i prob won't get a chance to be on here as woring all day tommorow and then I have another job in evenings. will try me best :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Thanks a million Astra2000 ... you're a star!!

Have my first day pointed now .. and it was a disaster .. but at least i'm starting afresh tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

little bess and irishneady I am with ye there I have 11 weekly points left weigh in tomo morn I am not going to use them. I am eager to see what my weight loss will be like I am on 35pp per day I didnt use them all first few days but have since the weekend. I will update ye tomo!
    Well done muirgeal, elsy on the weight loss thanks every ody for updating it helps keep the motovation going for the rest of us waiting for our weigh in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

jakeypooh wrote: »
    I bought Butterscotch Drops at my meeting last night and they have 2 pro points per box, I also bought Fruties and they have 1 pro point per box. These are both labelled on the front of the box with this information.
    It was all new stock, I got a new calculator and scales also.

What meeting did you buy yours in?

That's interesting. The Fruities I bought were old stock and I just took the protein 0, carbs. 16.9, fat 0, and fibre 10.4 from the box and calculated them into pro points and I got 2 points per box, but I got 4 points for the Butterscotch Drops, protein 0, Carbs. 36.3, Fat 0, and Fibre 4.6. Are these ingredients the same on the new box? I will enquire from my leader when I go back on Thursday, but if they have changed the ingredients I will begin to wonder about the whole thing. Do they taste and look the very same as the old ones? I also bought a good few of WW items in Supervalue today that had the old points on them and when I calculated them to pro points they were all higher. So watch out for that. The shops still have old stock with ordinary points on them but when you calculate them to pro points they are all higher. Unless it says pro points on the box then it is old points and the old points are less than pro points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I would imagine that you cld eat all your treat points and still loose weight. What's the point of it otherwise?

But I'm going to try avoid using them any week can I. I still have 26 left over this wk. I'll probably use them all this wkend coz were going away for the wkend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

I put on 1.5. :(

Followed the plan to a t - tracked everything on iwatchr and in my tracker too.

Was out for dinner on Saturday night, but counted the points!!

Will have to try do without treat points this week and increase exercise more.

I am fairly gutted though - had tears in my eyes and couldnt even stay for meeting :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement