Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

HI Guys,

Just found this thread. Started Ww last Wednesday so first weigh in tonight. I found some discrepancies in the book which contradicted what our leader told us:

Stock cubes - Up to 2 are 0pp. The book states each stock cube is 1pp
    Up to 4 sprays Frylight 0pp - In book up to 4 sparys 1pp

We were also told that supermilk and skimmed milk are same propoints, which after working out is true. And semi skimmed milk is also the same which is great for people with families.

Has anyone else noticed anything strange like that? I'm going to ask later on tonight.

100 ml slim line milk is 1 pp
    100 ml super milk is 2pp
    just worked it out
    an awful lot of confusion at the moment with points;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Girl

tantipie wrote: »
    100 ml super milk is 2pp
    just worked it out

I'm like an fruit cake here in work with all the cartons :p

I've worked out Avonmore Slimline Milk, Low Fat Milk & Lowfat Supermilk all to be 1pp for 100mls.

Maybe different brands have different nutritional information. But i've triple checked these three products and they're all the same.

ok just compared to full fat on tesco site and they giving same nutritional info for low fat and regular avonmore,,crap site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

i've been doing weight watchers since last june:D just interested in how calories work in the body:)

WELL THEN YOU JUST GOOGLE YOUR QUERY AND BOBS YOUR UNCLE

• Registered Users Posts: 10 smurfmurf

Brill thread have only just signed up last night will post points as I find them!!!best of luck all!!

• Advertisement

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    WELL THEN YOU JUST GOOGLE YOUR QUERY AND BOBS YOUR UNCLE
    i was asking rubadub as they seem to know a lot,,and i find google gives you a million answers,,:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭dammitj

First weigh-in tonight and really looking forward to it!
    Kept strictly to it all week so dying to know if it worked - I think it's the first time I've ever looked forward to a weigh-in.

Best of luck everyone!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Lidl
    Dulano smoked bacon lardons, 125g pack, 9ppts
    Harvest Basket braised potatoes , 150g portion (box is 500g), 4ppts

I got the Tesco Healthy Living Bacon Medallions, 1pp each. I love coddle so delighted I can make it without using a days worth of points. Was using the bacon mishapes from Lidl before and they were disasterous trying to point.

Choc Kimberley 2pp
    Can of cream of chicken soup 6pp

Aldi's bacon medalions are 2pp for 3:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    That's interesting. The Fruities I bought were old stock and I just took the protein 0, carbs. 16.9, fat 0, and fibre 10.4 from the box and calculated them into pro points and I got 2 points per box, but I got 4 points for the Butterscotch Drops, protein 0, Carbs. 36.3, Fat 0, and Fibre 4.6. Are these ingredients the same on the new box? I will enquire from my leader when I go back on Thursday, but if they have changed the ingredients I will begin to wonder about the whole thing. Do they taste and look the very same as the old ones? I also bought a good few of WW items in Supervalue today that had the old points on them and when I calculated them to pro points they were all higher. So watch out for that. The shops still have old stock with ordinary points on them but when you calculate them to pro points they are all higher. Unless it says pro points on the box then it is old points and the old points are less than pro points.

Have just looked at both boxes and there is only information per 100g on the box of butterscotch candies which pro points at 9 pro points....
    Very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Good job pinkchick- u and I are the same weight with the same mini goal!

Saexpat, it was free to join online on the uk site if u paid for 3 months.

Well done astra and everyone else on great lOsses!

Here's to PMA for a good week..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

100 ml super milk is 2pp
    just worked it out
    Welcome smurfmurf!
    Well done bubaloo great loss, I weighed myself this morn and 4 lost so am delighted!

Hi dublin girl I am just wondering if is because you are working it out on 100ml that it shows up 1pp for skimmed milk, as apparently 143ml is pp2.
    Looks like we really need to be working out the pp on the amount we are consuming as opposed to how much it is per 100g/ml or per portion, if that makes any sense!:p

Choc kimberley only pp2, that is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Does anyone else eat less on WI day?

I will eat very lightly today, and certainly wont in the few hours before WI.

kildareash wrote: »

i weigh in first thing in the morning so i dont even have a glass of water before i go in:Di think the way your doing it sounds right:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭eefums

hey
    im 26
    16stone
    5ft 10
    and ahve jsut started a fitness and healthy eating regime
    I did weight watchers befor e and lsot two stone but I want to jsut eat healthier
    basically i am wondering if i am eating enough to lose weight
    a typical day currently looksl ike htis for me

Breakfast
    Porridge 30gm
    half teaspoon of sugar
    about 100 ml of skimmed milk

Lunch
    salal with lettuce cucumber tomatoe peppers srping onions and low fat balsami dressing
    about 100 gms of chicken or two slices of ham
    two rice cakes witha scrape of dairygold

Dinner
    currently having smaller portions for dinner and am cooking more wisely grilling not frying and halving my 'old' portion sizes
    not using butter or dairygodl or anythign on potatoes adn usign honeyt o rast veg etc

Snacks durign the day
    an apple
    a low fat yoghrut
    a low fat option of crisps or chcolates etc usually about 80-90kcals

i remember from weight watchers before that i felt like i had ot eat more to lose weight like use up all my points which would be a lot of points due to my weight

on top of all of the above im doin 30 mins intense excercei (walking/jogging type thing) 4 times a week

I am afraid that I am not goin to lose weight as my sister thinks im not eatign enough to burn the fat ?
    Has any one else any opinions

my weekends usually consist of one take OR one meal out where I remind myself I dont have to finish the whole thing and try make wiser choices

What are your thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

kildareash wrote: »

I'm not really sure if it makes a difference, I weigh in at lunch time and have my normal breakfast and snack (fruit now), I've always done it this way and then I always have a McDonalds in the evening :) I allow points for it. I start my new week the next day.

I just weighed in there and I am down 3.5lbs.....I'm delighted as I really like this new plan. I am on maintenance so just had my xmas surplus to lose but it's fantastic to know that I can happily maintain without any agony whatsoever. I used every one of the points available and about half of my activity points achieved. As always, planning, pointing properly and tracking are the keys.

Well done and Good luck to everyone else this week, hope we can keep it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

I just weighed in there and I am down 3.5lbs.....I'm delighted as I really like this new plan. I am on maintenance so just had my xmas surplus to lose but it's fantastic to know that I can happily maintain without any agony whatsoever. I used every one of the points available and about half of my activity points achieved. As always, planning, pointing properly and tracking are the keys.

Our class was down 9.5 stone!!!!

Well done and Good luck to everyone else this week, hope we can keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rina120

Hiya everyone!

I'm new to Ireland (From the US), was on WW prior, but new to the propoints!!
    I was thrilled to see this board because I was very disappointed with the Weightwatchers.ie website and I too noticed that the going out guide and everything else was so UK focused.

So I am glad to find a group in Ireland who I can find new tips with and where to eat, etc..
    as well as the general motivation.
    I've done both the meetings and the online etools, and yes the meetings will keep you honest cause there is a person in front of you...
    but the etools was AMAZING. I really enjoyed it. I especially loved the part where you can put in a recipe of your own and then it generates the points for you! (I have a chocolate sauce recipe that was 1 pt per tablespoon on the old system! didn't get around to trying it with the new system).

Anyhow, I haven't weighed myself yet, plan to do that as soon as I get my scale back (Long story) but thanks for being here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

jakeypooh wrote: »
    Have just looked at both boxes and there is only information per 100g on the box of butterscotch candies which pro points at 9 pro points....
    Very odd

Well just looked at the old box of Butterscotch that I have and there are 42g in the box, roughly half of 100g, so if there are 9 in 100g then it would probably be 4 for 42g. That is my reckoning, but I am definitely going to bring this up tomorrow when I go to WW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Can anyone tell me what smoked coley would be I started the new ww points and can't find alot about fish I would cook in oven.Can't believe how fast my 29 points are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kickflips

Hi all
    Was wondering does anyone know what the pro points are
    Chinese Takeaway

Boiled Rice
    Curry sauce

any help would be great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

astra2000 wrote: »
    Welcome smurfmurf!
    Well done bubaloo great loss, I weighed myself this morn and 4 lost so am delighted!

Hi dublin girl I am just wondering if is because you are working it out on 100ml that it shows up 1pp for skimmed milk, as apparently 143ml is pp2.
    Looks like we really need to be working out the pp on the amount we are consuming as opposed to how much it is per 100g/ml or per portion, if that makes any sense!:p

Choc kimberley only pp2, that is great!
    Thanks Astra.
    I was so excited about the Choc Kimberley being only 2pp that I calculated it myself (because I thought it was too good to be true!) and sadly, it comes up on the digital calculator as 3pp !! :( Still not bad though!

Texas Star - I would think Coley would be the same as Cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

eefums wrote: »
    hey
    im 26
    16stone
    5ft 10
    and ahve jsut started a fitness and healthy eating regime

What are your thoughts?

You'd be better off starting a separate thread about this I think. Best of luck

I'm buying the calculator myself tonight, i suppose its more accurate than the wheel. I emailed boyne valley foods re Koka Noodles, wish i hadn't - They're 10 pp a pack (85g) Heartbroken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Yoffi

Hi I am new to this forum but I have been on weight watchers since start of November. I lost a stone just before Christmas, then went up 2.5 over Christmas but got weighed today and that 2.5 are gone again so I am delighted

Finding it hard to adjust to Propoints so this thread is great.

For my contribution:

Purple Snacks - 4 PP
    One bag of WW mini cookies - 3pp (somewhere on this thread earlier someone put these at 2pp but I calculated two different types today using the calculator and they are both coming out at 3)

20g of Low Low red chedder - 2pp

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Well done bubbaloo on your weight loss now one more question wen your calculating the carb of say crunchy nut its says 82g of which is sugar is 35g which do i use?Thanks in advance im doing by the disk and my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

texas star wrote: »
    Well done bubbaloo on your weight loss now one more question wen your calculating the carb of say crunchy nut its says 82g of which is sugar is 35g which do i use?Thanks in advance im doing by the disk and my phone :)

Its total carbs, so 82 g

• Registered Users Posts: 7 TheGrecian

Hi,

I'd be much obliged if someone could tell me what my pro points daily allowance is. Also out of interest how many pro points drop from your allowance as you lose stones?

Male
    6'4
    22 stone

Thanks for da help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Vickysg24

I just came across this which was in an article on the daily mail website. Hopefully their accurate but if anyone notices something that isn't correct feel free to say :D

* Anchovies, 1 small can, 45g: 2 ProPoints
    * Apple juice, 1 glass 100ml: 1
    * Apricots, dried, 50g: 2
    * Avocado, ½ a medium 78g one: 4
    * Bacon, 1 lean rasher: 1, 1 rasher, streaky: 2
    * Bagel, plain 80g: 6
    * Barbecue sauce, 2tbsp: 1
    * Beans (butter, black-eyed, borlotti, broad, cannellini, flageolet, haricot, kidney, soya), cooked or canned, 1 heaped tbsp: 1
    * Beef, braising steak, 100g: 3 burger, 1 standard 56g: 4 mince, 140g: 8 roast, 1 medium slice: 3
    * Beer: bitter, ½ pint: 3, 1 bottle, 330 ml: 4
    * Biscuit, 1 chocolate digestive: 2
    * Bran flakes, 1 medium bowl, 30g: 3
    * Brazil nuts (two): 1
    * Bread: 1 slice wholemeal/white, granary: 2, ½ baguette: 10
    * Butter: 2 tsp: 2 half-fat, 2 tsp: 1
    * Cheese: Camembert/goats/mozzarella 40g: 3 Cheddar, 40g: 5 Cream, full-fat,/marscapone 40g: 5
    * Chick peas, 1 heaped tbsp: 1
    * Chicken: breast, 1 raw skinless, 165g: 4 drumstick, 1 raw skinless, 160: 1 roast, 1 medium slice: 1
    * Cider, ½ pint, dry or sweet: 4
    * Cod, 1 raw medium fillet, 90g: 2
    * Coffee: 0
    * Cola: regular, 330ml can: 4 diet: 0
    * Coleslaw: 1 tbsp: 3 reduced-calorie, 1 tbsp: 1
    * Cooking spray, low-fat four sprays: 1
    * Cornflakes, 1 medium bowl 30g: 3
    * Couscous, 1 portion cooked 150g: 4
    * Cranberry juice, 1 glass 100ml: 2
    * Cream: double, 1 tbsp: 2 half-fat/single 1 tbsp: 1
    * Crème fraiche: 1 tbsp: 3 half-fat, 1 tbsp: 1
    * Custard: 1 small pot 150g: 4 low-fat, 1 small pot, 150g: 3
    * Doughnut, 1 jam or ring: 6
    * Dover sole, 250g: 5
    * Drinking chocolate, 1 tbsp: 2
    * Eccles cake: 5
    * Egg: 1 medium: 2
    * Egg custard tart: 6
    * Fig, dried, 22g: 1
    * Fish finger, grilled: 2
    * Flour, wheat (any type), 1 level tbsp: 2
    * Fromage frais: low fat fruit 125g: 3
    * Fruit cake, 1 slice 60g: 6
    * Fruit squash, sugar-free: 0
    * Gammon steak, 170g: 6
    * Grapefruit juice, 100ml glass: 1
    * Guinness, ½ pint: 3
    * Haddock fillet, 120g: 2
    * Halibut fillet, 120g: 3
    * Ham, Parma, 2 thin slices: 2
    * Hazelnuts, 10: 2
    * Ice cream, low-fat,1 scoop: 2
    * Jaffa cake: 1
    * Jam: 1 heaped tsp: 1
    * Jelly, ready-to-eat 125g pot: 3
    * Kipper, 150g: 9
    * Lager: 1 bottle 330ml or ½ pint: 3

* Lamb: lean leg steak, 100g: 5 chump chop, 130g: 8 roast, 1 lean 30g slice: 2
    * Lasagne sheet: 2
    * Lemon sole, 170g fillet: 3
    * Mackerel: 150g fillet: 9 smoked: 14
    * Margarine, any sort, 1 tsp: 1
    * Marmalade: 2 heaped tsp: 3 reduced-sugar, 2 heaped tsp: 2
    * Mayonnaise: 1 tbsp: 3 low-fat 1 tbsp: 1
    * Milk: semi-skimmed, 284ml/½ pt: 4 skimmed: 3 whole: 5 soya, unsweetened: 2
    * Muesli, medium 50g bowl: 5
    * Mushrooms, creamed 213g can: 5
    * Noodles: egg, 150g: 3
    * Nut cutlet, 1 medium 87g: 8
    * Oatcake: 2
    * Oats, 30g dry: 3
    * Oil, (olive, sesame, sunflower or vegetable) 1 tsp: 1
    * Orange juice, unsweetened, 100ml glass: 1
    * Parsnip, 90g:2
    * Passata: 0
    * Pasta, white, 150g: 4 wholemeal, 150g: 5
    * Peanut butter, 15g: 3
    * Peas (fresh, frozen or canned) 1 heaped tbsp: 1
    * Pesto sauce, 1 tbsp: 2
    * Popcorn, air-popped 25g: 4
    * Pork: roast, 1 lean 35g slice: 2 mince, raw weight 140g: 6
    * Potato salad, 1 tbsp: 2
    * Potatoes: baked, pre-cooked weight 150g: 3 boiled, 150g: 3 mashed, 120g: 2 roasted in lard or oil, 100g: 4 sweet, 150g: 4
    * Prawns, king, cooked weight 100g: 3
    * Quinoa, dried 100g: 9
    * Quorn: burger 50g: 2
    * Raisins, 1 heaped tbsp: 2
    * Rice pudding, ½ 215g can: 5
    * Rice: brown, boiled, 150g: 6 white, easy-cook, 150g: 6
    * Salad cream light, 20g: 1
    * Salami, thin slice: 1
    * Salmon, tinned pink, 106g: 4 fillet, raw weight 130g: 6
    * Sardines: in brine, 120g: 5 in oil, drained 120g: 7
    * Sausage, pork, 40g: 3 reduced-fat pork, 40g: 2
    * Scampi, in breadcrumbs, 100g: 7
    * Taco shell, medium: 2
    * Taramasalata, 1 tbsp: 4
    * Tofu, regular or smoked, 50g: 1
    * Tomato juice, 100ml glass: 0
    * Tonic water, 250ml: 2
    * Tuna: in brine/spring water, 70g: 2 Medium steak, 140g: 5
    * Turkey: mince, 140g: 5 roasted, 2 medium slices (no skin): 2
    * Vanilla extract, 1 tbsp: 1
    * Venison, haunch meat, 120g: 3
    * Wine: red/rose/dry white, 175ml glass: 4
    * Xylitol (artificial sweetener): 0
    * Yoghurt: Greek, plain 150g: 5 Soya, plain, 150g: 3 low-fat plain, 150g: 2
    * Yorkshire pudding: 1
    * Zest (lemon, lime, orange): 0
    * Zucchini fritters, 100g: 5

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A-new-approach-dieting-success.html#ixzz1AqdjvFnZ

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement