Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

pracky2k10 wrote: »
    Oh-oh, I've been eating shedloads of these :eek:
    Our leader said fruities were gone up to 1pp per box! :confused:
    Oh well..think it might take me a while to get used to this pro points malarkey. Really great to have this support though :)

Well do the calculations if you have a calculator. Protein 0, Carbs. 16.9, Fat 0, Fibre 10.4. All adds up to 2 pro points.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Tesco Light choices Dutch Melba Toast are 2 pp for a pack, which has 6 pieces in it. Great value snack imo, esp with 3 extra light Laughing cow triangles for one propoint and some tomatoes

eimear1 wrote: »
    Tesco Light choices Dutch Melba Toast are 2 pp for a pack, which has 6 pieces in it. Great value snack imo, esp with 3 extra light Laughing cow triangles for one propoint and some tomatoes

mmmmm... yummie - making me hungry here

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

kildareash wrote: »
    It's surprising how much further u xan stretch ur points by being organised and not relying on quick fixes.

I don't know about anyone else- and it is only my first week with the pro-points, but none of my old quick fixes work any more. It seems that there are no short cuts, which makes it more likely that I'll fall off the wagon.

It'll get easier as I go on I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Is anyone else excited for their weigh in??

I tracked so carefully all week. It was my birthday so went over a couple of days, but just took it out of treat points!

Started exercising again and drinking loads of water!!

Weigh in tomorrow evening - fingers crossed for a loss!!

Good luck to everyone this week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Littlefriend thanks so much for this- I love twirls!!:D:D

I got the shopping book - it is very good. A lot of English stuff in it but about 75% of it is relevant to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

I got the shopping book - it is very good. A lot of English stuff in it but about 75% of it is relevant to Ireland.
    Do you mind me asking how much it was? Am thinking of getting it at WI tomorrow. Also has anyone got the Eating Out one? Is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Muirgheal wrote: »
    I don't know about anyone else- and it is only my first week with the pro-points, but none of my old quick fixes work any more. It seems that there are no short cuts, which makes it more likely that I'll fall off the wagon.

It'll get easier as I go on I suppose.

My first week too & I'm not sure if I've done it right! Afraid to touch the 49 extra! WI tomorrow will tell :rolleyes: It seems like a better system IMO though so hopefully it works! Fingers crossed! x

I've only used 20 of my treat points and weigh in on wed so think i'll stick to it for now and not use them, fruit is keeping me going, keeping lots of frozen berries and mango handy, and pots of peaches so for the points of a natural yoghurt i make a big smoothie! Gonna have to ask about the bananas tho, love them but afraid to have more than one a day as they obviously aren't as good as other fruit. Usin the fun-size ones from Lidl though so not even big ones.

Rubiee wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how much it was? Am thinking of getting it at WI tomorrow. Also has anyone got the Eating Out one? Is it worth it?

I think it was 6 euro. It really is very helpful particularly as the calculators are sold out for the moment. I had an eating out one years ago and it wasn't really relevant to Ireland apart from McDonalds type places.

• Advertisement

I think it was 6 euro. It really is very helpful particularly as the calculators are sold out for the moment. I had an eating out one years ago and it wasn't really relevant to Ireland apart from McDonalds type places.

Think I'll be getting that one alright, +1 on the eating out guide though, a lot of pub-grub and carveries in UK appear to be chains so more relevant to there, really only useful for fast food as you say. The most recent shopping guide was good though, particularly for tesco and big brand stuff.

Is anyone else excited for their weigh in??

Mine isn't until Thursday. I think I have done everything right and have used only 10 of the extra points allowance. I don't feel hungry or deprived at all though so it doesn't feel like I'm on a diet - thats making me think I won't lose anything! I really hope I do lose as I will be very disheartened if I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pracky2k10

I think I'll definately be getting that book- even to know about alcohol alone! How much is it Littlefriend?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hey all

am dying to hear how ppl get on in their weigh ins. I feel like I am cheating as am never really hungry with propoints so far and find I am not using daily allowance? I use it cos I know i'll use it it but sometimes I just eat something to use them up e.g. just had a special k bar now.

I also have a few treat points left and don't really intend on using them.

I am thinking of getting up half hour earlier tommorow for a jog before work.....hmmm lets see what happens though as had a long day today (not in long from work).

anyway hope everyone is getting on ok.

:p:p

€6 I reckon it's worth it!

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    Well do the calculations if you have a calculator. Protein 0, Carbs. 16.9, Fat 0, Fibre 10.4. All adds up to 2 pro points.
    I haven't got a calculator yet- hoping to get one at tomorrow's WI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Brunette Barbie

Hi everyone! First post on this. Been reading all the recent posts and find this forum very inspiring and informative and now want to join in! I'm on Day 6 of Propoints so just getting into the swing of it.
    irishneady wrote: »
    hey all

am dying to hear how ppl get on in their weigh ins. I feel like I am cheating as am never really hungry with propoints so far and find I am not using daily allowance? I use it cos I know i'll use it it but sometimes I just eat something to use them up e.g. just had a special k bar now.

I also have a few treat points left and don't really intend on using them.

I am thinking of getting up half hour earlier tommorow for a jog before work.....hmmm lets see what happens though as had a long day today (not in long from work).

anyway hope everyone is getting on ok.

:p:p

I'm the exact same irishneady - seem to be eating a lot for my points (so many Curley Wurleys and bags of velvet crunch!) and have about 20 treat points left after 6 days. I'm changing meetings so won't be getting weighed until Wednesday or Thursday but I'm anxious to see if it's working. Good luck everyone with weigh-ins!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

ditch the velvet crunch - chickatee's and burger bites are the same as them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Its taken a few days but I am startin to get the hang of it, much thanks to this forum, hope my meeting improve, after all it is a service which we pay for. did two thirty minute walks this morning, leg muscels(spelling?) after it but feel better. Disappointed in my fitness though - this time last year i could hold my own in spin class four/days a week - but i never adjusted my eating habits. Hopefully this year I will get both in sync, between weightwatchers and using the better body fitness program in the fitness forum on this site. Still have nasty headache but I think thats the switch from all the crap and alcohol at chrimbo to no alcohol and no processed foods.

well done to everyone on this forum and thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Before going to bed tonight I have....
    the oatmeal weighed out and in the bowl
    mug with coffee sachet ready by the kettle

Breakfast
    30g of oatmeal, with a little splenda
    160ml slimline milk
    Skinny Mocha
    6 pro points

Packed Lunch to Work Placement
    2 ww bagels
    60g wafer ham
    60g extra light mayo
    Can of Diet Coke
    10 pro points

Snack when I get home
    Knorr Snack Soup
    Skinny Mocha
    5 pro points

Dinner
    400g boiled baby potatoes
    2 fillets of Yellowfin Sole
    Reduced Salt Gravy Granules
    15 Pro Points

Depending how cold it is I'll prob have a few cups of 1pro point hot chocolate!

• Advertisement

I froze some grapes earlier to try them out...wow!! Delicious and now 0 points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Cheers everyone! Some mouth-watering yet WW-friendly recipes going up here :) Keep them coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The weightwatchers.co.uk site has quite a good guide for eating out. Even has the points for some cocktails.

Bloody Mary - 4 propoints
    Sex on the Beach - 8 propoints
    Strawberry Daiquiri - 4 propoints
    Pina Colada - 6 propoints
    Cosmo - 6 propoints
    Vodka Tonic - 3 propoints

Here's the link. As people have said it's mainly just useful for fastfood places like Mcdonalds/Pizza hut, but it is quite handy to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Can anyone tell me if they think I'm eating too much fruit? I've been having in or around 1 banana, 1 apple, couple of plums, a handful of both strawberries and grapes everyday. I'm afraid its too much and will end up gaining on Thursday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Can anyone tell me if they think I'm eating too much fruit? I've been having in or around 1 banana, 1 apple, couple of plums, a handful of both strawberries and grapes everyday. I'm afraid its too much and will end up gaining on Thursday!

With the exception of the grapes and banana they are all the lower sugar fruits so I'd say you should be ok with that. Maybe buy the little snack size kids bananas.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

I went to a different meeting last night to the one I went to last week and I have to say the meeting was fab. The leader was totally clued up on pro points and explained any question we had.
    The meeting was busy and she explained the wheel in 2 parts to either side of the room to be sure that everybody had it.
    The one I went to last week hadn't a clue about it so it just shows if you get the right leader.
    I got a calculator there were loads at this meeting again a huge difference to last weeks meeting... so do shop around with leaders if you aren't happy
    Im so l ooking forward to this week now, feel so much more confident about it now
    Ps lost 2lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

jakeypooh wrote: »
    I went to a different meeting last night to the one I went to last week and I have to say the meeting was fab. The leader was totally clued up on pro points and explained any question we had.
    The meeting was busy and she explained the wheel in 2 parts to either side of the room to be sure that everybody had it.
    The one I went to last week hadn't a clue about it so it just shows if you get the right leader.
    I got a calculator there were loads at this meeting again a huge difference to last weeks meeting... so do shop around with leaders if you aren't happy
    Im so l ooking forward to this week now, feel so much more confident about it now
    Ps lost 2lbs

WELL DONE!!!!! KEEP IT UP!
    So what kinda things had you been eating and doing to get that loss? :D:D:D

I haven't got a calculator yet- hoping to get one at tomorrow's WI.

I got the calculator and found it invaluable. That disc/wheel for finding out points if very fiddly and hard to use. I would definitely recommend the calculator. It costs about 10.50 ...... a must have.

I don't know but I am find this new programme very slow. Normally I would lose about 4 lbs. on the first week of a diet where I was bursting to start off with. This time I don't feel like I am on a diet and if I lose 1 lb. I will be lucky. Does anyone else find this new programme much slower than the old programme. I have't had my first weigh in yet but according to my own scales I am not going far and I have been more or less on the diet for 4 days now. I did overeat at the weekend, even beyond my 49 points but only by about 15 points so I feel that I should be losing more for the first week. It is a great motivator though to be doing something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

50g kellogs crunchy nut with 100mls low fat milk - 6pps plus 1 pps = total 7

- I think this is a lot for cereal and milk ! just started this new system this morning and not finding it the easiest to get my head around.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Morning All,
    Get well soon Fatewatchers. You're amazing 7.5 stone in a year WOW !
    I feel like all I've done is eat junk food this week but It's TOTM so maybe that's why.

Jakeypooh, well done :) Having the right leader makes all the difference. I've had 5 over the years. Some good some not so good. WI tomorrow and I just want to stay the same but I suspect due to TOTM I'll be up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement