Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi Guys, just a little tip which most of you probably figured out a lot quicker than me! Because of there being no half points, there are a lot of things that one of them is for example, 2 points but 2 of them are 3 points, if that makes sense. It is worth your while, multiplying the ingredients first to get the total for the quantity you need rather than getting the points first and multiplying them. Hope this makes sense!!

Have my WI tonight, after doing propoints for a week. Very nervous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i can't wait to see what everyone's losses are,,i'm very anxious about my wi on thurs,,but thats only cause i moved from discover;)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

PinkChick wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just a little tip which most of you probably figured out a lot quicker than me! Because of there being no half points, there are a lot of things that one of them is for example, 2 points but 2 of them are 3 points, if that makes sense. It is worth your while, multiplying the ingredients first to get the total for the quantity you need rather than getting the points first and multiplying them. Hope this makes sense!!

Have my WI tonight, after doing propoints for a week. Very nervous!!
    with the calculator you type in the info then get result then multiply by how much of it you want and it does it for you:)good luck for tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

I have my weigh in today after sticking to it for the week. I found it hard to stick to 29 pp a day, went over every day and ate all of my 49 allowance. I was on 21 old points a day, so finding it hard. Anyway hopefully I will see a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

I chose porridge with berries for brekkie most days then would have fruit mid morning only if I needed it.
    Lunch was always homemade soup and then either a ham or chicken salad sambo
    At the weekend I had beans on toast and poached eggs for lunch to mix it up a bit
    Dinners were varied fish, veggies and potatoes, spag bol, chicken stir fry and had a roast Sunday
    Didn't eat as much yoghurts as I had been before, had fruit for desert if I wanted anything sweet
    Had sat night as a treat had home made chicken goujons, steak and chips and 2 bottles of wine and a solero
    So chuffed as hell
    Went to gym 4 times and walked 3
    Drank 2 litres + of water most days
    and tracked everything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Finally decided to just weigh myself and get it out of the way! I'm starting at 11st 7.5, bit annoyed I'm after putting on 8lbs since Nov but downwards from here!! Best of luck to everyone weighing in today, it used be on my mind all day until I had it over!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Finally decided to just weigh myself and get it out of the way! I'm starting at 11st 7.5, bit annoyed I'm after putting on 8lbs since Nov but downwards from here!! Best of luck to everyone weighing in today, it used be on my mind all day until I had it over!!

Thats the worst part facing the music! Best of luck
    I am doing this on line so am weighing myself tomo morn hoping for a good loss
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I'm back from my first pro-points weigh in and a happy bunny! Lost 2.5lbs :) So now 9st 8.5 on their scales.
    This weeks goal is 1.5lbs and that will be my snow-in/xmas gain gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I'm back from my first pro-points weigh in and a happy bunny! Lost 2.5lbs :) So now 9st 8.5 on their scales.
    well done

Whooo well done!!! It's great hearing propoints is working :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Is anyone else excited for their weigh in??

I tracked so carefully all week. It was my birthday so went over a couple of days, but just took it out of treat points!

Started exercising again and drinking loads of water!!

Weigh in tomorrow evening - fingers crossed for a loss!!

Good luck to everyone this week :)

Oh I am excited, looking forward to seeing how this pans out as I am really liking this plan. I don't weigh in until lunchtime tomorrow. Let us know how it goes for you tonight, it will be really interesting to see how people actually get on.

Good luck!

dobh wrote: »
    50g kellogs crunchy nut with 100mls low fat milk - 6pps plus 1 pps = total 7

- I think this is a lot for cereal and milk ! just started this new system this morning and not finding it the easiest to get my head around.

The 30g nutritional value on the back of the box with slimline milk works out at 5pp, this is good as porridge made with skimmed milk would be 4, the same for 2 wheetabix with slimline milk, 2 slices of toast with low fat spread and marmalade would be 6, I'd find a 30g bowl of ceral more filling, though a medium boiled egg with 2 slices of toast at 6 points is probably most filling and best use of points if you had time enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 _electrolyte

dobh wrote: »
    50g kellogs crunchy nut with 100mls low fat milk - 6pps plus 1 pps = total 7

- I think this is a lot for cereal and milk ! just started this new system this morning and not finding it the easiest to get my head around.

I find breakfast can be a bit of a nightmare sometimes, especially if you're a fan of scones with jam and butter like me! A few options I've mapped out for myself are:

60g porridge (large bowl) made with water = 6pp
    Banana = 0pp
    You could make the porridge with some of your daily skim milk allowance if you like. Set aside about 2pp a day for a half pint of skim milk to cover tea, coffee, cereal, etc.

2 M&S Crumpets with 1 tsp butter = 7pp (haven't pointed Tesco crumpets yet but they look smaller so might be only 2pp each)
    Fruit = 0pp

Low-fat yoghurt = 2pp (some very low fat are 1pp)
    Free fruit - 0pp
    2 Tesco Scottish Rough Oatcakes = 2pp

2 boiled eggs = 4pp

I think all of these are more filling than 50g crunchy nut cornflakes, which isn't very much really and would have me hungry again by lunch. Also fill up on some fruit to add a bit to each meal.

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Before going to bed tonight I have....
    the oatmeal weighed out and in the bowl
    mug with coffee sachet ready by the kettle

Breakfast
    30g of oatmeal, with a little splenda
    160ml slimline milk
    Skinny Mocha
    6 pro points

Packed Lunch to Work Placement
    2 ww bagels
    60g wafer ham
    60g extra light mayo
    Can of Diet Coke
    10 pro points

Snack when I get home
    Knorr Snack Soup
    Skinny Mocha
    5 pro points

Dinner
    400g boiled baby potatoes
    2 fillets of Yellowfin Sole
    Reduced Salt Gravy Granules
    15 Pro Points

Depending how cold it is I'll prob have a few cups of 1pro point hot chocolate!

You are obviously not a fruit and veg person Lady Lainy, I don't know what I'd do with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

You have less to go than me!!

I went walking last night then hit the Wii Fit for a half an hour. Trying to organise myself with dinners. made a spag bol and shepherds pie for the dinners for the next few days... mini ones for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

I'm excited about my WI tonight too - I think I've done okay. I must admit I've found the new programme a bit difficult to get used to but I think I have felt fuller between meals and the fact that all fruit is 0 pp is a real bonus. I've eaten lots of bananas in the past week !! :D

I have a few more items pointed which might help others:

Kilmeaden Pre-Sliced mature cheddar - 1 pp per slice :)
    Uncle Ben's Medium Curry Sauce (Jar) - 10 pp for the full jar - half a jar is more than enough for 2 people - works out at just 2 or 3 points each (and it's yummy)
    Chomp - 3 pp
    Fudge - 3pp
    Flake - 4 pp
    Swedish Krisprolls - 1 pp each
    Bag of King Lite Crisps - 3 pp

It will be interesting to see everyone's weight loss this week. Good luck to all.

bubbaloo wrote: »
    I'm excited about my WI tonight too - I think I've done okay. I must admit I've found the new programme a bit difficult to get used to but I think I have felt fuller between meals and the fact that all fruit is 0 pp is a real bonus. I've eaten lots of bananas in the past week !! :D

I have a few more items pointed which might help others:

Kilmeaden Pre-Sliced mature cheddar - 1 pp per slice :)
    Uncle Ben's Medium Curry Sauce (Jar) - 10 pp for the full jar - half a jar is more than enough for 2 people - works out at just 2 or 3 points each (and it's yummy)
    Chomp - 3 pp
    Fudge - 3pp
    Flake - 4 pp
    Swedish Krisprolls - 1 pp each
    Bag of King Lite Crisps - 3 pp

It will be interesting to see everyone's weight loss this week. Good luck to all.

The kilmeaden pp sounds good is that low fat or just their normal one?
    Weighing my self tomo morn, I am looking farward to hearing how everyone got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

jakeypooh wrote: »
    I went to a different meeting last night to the one I went to last week and I have to say the meeting was fab. The leader was totally clued up on pro points and explained any question we had.
    The meeting was busy and she explained the wheel in 2 parts to either side of the room to be sure that everybody had it.
    The one I went to last week hadn't a clue about it so it just shows if you get the right leader.
    I got a calculator there were loads at this meeting again a huge difference to last weeks meeting... so do shop around with leaders if you aren't happy
    Im so l ooking forward to this week now, feel so much more confident about it now
    Ps lost 2lbs

Well done, Jakeypooh, that's excellent. Glad you were happy with the meeting. Hopefully everyone will be a lot more confident with the programme next week.

Great results too Dotcomdolly...it's good to know that pro-points is working for people.

I weigh in tomorrow evening, so fingers crossed. Had points left over again yesterday and still have 26 treat points left. So I feel like I'm doing well on the food front.

I've never drank enough water, but I'm making an conscious effort this week.
    Drank about 2 litres of water yesterday and had a few cups of green tea. Have about a litre of water gone today so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi all,

I am new to Boards and came across this thread. The information here is great and your stories are all extremely encouraging.

My WW journey began in August last year. I weighed in at 13st 8lbs. I am now 12st 2 1/2 lbs so I have come a long way. I am a bit stuck at the moment with the new pro points. I find that some foods that I feel should have high points are low and vice versa. So I hope that this thread can help me get my head around it.

I have my WI tomorrow and I am dreading that I have put on a few lbs. I am 1.5 lbs from my next silver seven so it would be a huge achievement to get that. I would love to reach my goal by the summer as I have struggled for so long with my weight.

Thanks Eabha x

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am new to Boards and came across this thread. The information here is great and your stories are all extremely encouraging.

My WW journey began in August last year. I weighed in at 13st 8lbs. I am now 12st 2 1/2 lbs so I have come a long way. I am a bit stuck at the moment with the new pro points. I find that some foods that I feel should have high points are low and vice versa. So I hope that this thread can help me get my head around it.

I have my WI tomorrow and I am dreading that I have put on a few lbs. I am 1.5 lbs from my next silver seven so it would be a huge achievement to get that. I would love to reach my goal by the summer as I have struggled for so long with my weight.

Thanks Eabha x

Well done on your losses so far that great, best of luck tomo:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭crazy_lady

Hello all,

Hope everyone is getting on ok with propoints at the moment. Does anyone have the new eating out guide yet? If so, I would really appreciate the pp for Pizza Express Il Padrino pizza. They are the same as Milanos here.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Lady Lainey, I'm asking you because I know u are doing it online- what time of the day to you weigh in? Do u think it is cheating to weigh first thing in the morning? Today is WI for me, according to my scales I lost 1.5lb, but that was this morning! Will I just go with that and make sure to weigh at the same time every week?

I'd be happy with that as I have only really been pointing since Friday, joined online on Thursday. Picked tues to WI our of pure habit. Also this week is totm..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

crazy_lady wrote: »
    Hello all,

Hope everyone is getting on ok with propoints at the moment. Does anyone have the new eating out guide yet? If so, I would really appreciate the pp for Pizza Express Il Padrino pizza. They are the same as Milanos here.

Thanks!

I've just had a look on my ww app, that particular pizza isn't listed - sorry! Maybe someone else will know

BTW, well done to you that have already weighed in, and good luck to everyone else! Here's to another good week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

crazy_lady wrote: »
    Hello all,

Thanks!

You could make an educated guesstimate based on this

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=7231&sc=3030

Kaytee - definitely weigh yourself at the same time in the same clothes (or none) the same day each week. You have to compare like with like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks astra.

Does anyone know if it's bad if you don't use your full allocation of daily points?

Eabha x

ali85 wrote: »
    You have less to go than me!!

I went walking last night then hit the Wii Fit for a half an hour. Trying to organise myself with dinners. made a spag bol and shepherds pie for the dinners for the next few days... mini ones for me...

I wish i could say I'm pleasantly surprised at my weight but I was pretty disappointed at having put so much back on already. Oh well it's done now and I did enjoy Christmas! I find I'm having stir frys every night nearly because when I make things with pasta I feel I'm using so many points. I want to try and lose that 7 and a half pounds by March at the latest so this is my first goal. I'll weigh in Tuesday mornings or evenings to see how I'm doing:)

KayTee wrote: »
    Lady Lainey, I'm asking you because I know u are doing it online- what time of the day to you weigh in? Do u think it is cheating to weigh first thing in the morning? Today is WI for me, according to my scales I lost 1.5lb, but that was this morning! Will I just go with that and make sure to weigh at the same time every week?

I'd be happy with that as I have only really been pointing since Friday, joined online on Thursday. Picked tues to WI our of pure habit. Also this week is totm..

Hi Kaytee hope you dont mind me answering too. I am doing it on line and will weigh in first thing in the morn. Weighing myself tomo morn fingers crossed there is a nice loss:)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

I wish i could say I'm pleasantly surprised at my weight but I was pretty disappointed at having put so much back on already. Oh well it's done now and I did enjoy Christmas! I find I'm having stir frys every night nearly because when I make things with pasta I feel I'm using so many points. I want to try and lose that 7 and a half pounds by March at the latest so this is my first goal. I'll weigh in Tuesday mornings or evenings to see how I'm doing:)

I have a monday set as my weigh in day. So I'm hoping I have even 2lb down this week coming.

AS for the food thing, I have only just given up the smokes so I am sitting in the evening watching tv chopping fruit or veg for lunches or dinners the next day just so I am doing someting with my hands that doesnt involve stuffing my face ha!

You will have that weight gone in no time... the first week is always a killer getting back into it so after this it will be a doddle to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    Be aware that WW Fruities now have 2 Pro Points per box not 1/2 point.
    Also Butterscotch Drops have 4 pro points per box and not 1.
    I was sold these last week at my WW meeting and told they were the same in pro points as points but when I did my calculations there was a big difference. I reckon they were just trying to sell their old stock, at my expense.

I bought Butterscotch Drops at my meeting last night and they have 2 pro points per box, I also bought Fruties and they have 1 pro point per box. These are both labelled on the front of the box with this information.
    It was all new stock, I got a new calculator and scales also.

What meeting did you buy yours in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

astra2000 wrote: »
    The kilmeaden pp sounds good is that low fat or just their normal one?
    Weighing my self tomo morn, I am looking farward to hearing how everyone got on.

It's a pre-sliced (full fat :)) cheese - even better, it's mature! It's delicious.
    Here's the link to it on the Tesco website so you know what I'm on about.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262973437

I have to admit that good cheese was something I really missed on the old plan. It was just too high in points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement