Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

bubbaloo wrote: »
    It's a pre-sliced (full fat :)) cheese - even better, it's mature! It's delicious.
    Here's the link to it on the Tesco website so you know what I'm on about.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=262973437

I have to admit that good cheese was something I really missed on the old plan. It was just too high in points.
    i'm living on aldi's goats cheese at the min,,it's been so long since i've had cheese that this week i've gone crazy,,2pp for 30grs:D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Hi I hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread. I weighed in this morning and was 4lbs down. I was really skeptical about the new system and didn't think I had lost but there you go I guess it does work and is worth sticking with til we get the hang of it.
    Just a quick question for those of you that weigh in in the morning do you start your new week on that day or do you hold off til the following day?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations to everyone who had a lose at WI. I had mine this morning & had lost 8lbs!!!!! Very pleased & will help keep up the momentum. I love this forum & the food diaries for keeping me going during the week, so hopefully I will be able to inspire someone in return. Good luck with everyone's WI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Rubiee wrote: »
    Hi I hope you don't mind me joining you on this thread. I weighed in this morning and was 4lbs down. I was really skeptical about the new system and didn't think I had lost but there you go I guess it does work and is worth sticking with til we get the hang of it.
    Just a quick question for those of you that weigh in in the morning do you start your new week on that day or do you hold off til the following day?
    Well done you must be thrilled its great to see people are losing weight and it is working. I will weigh in tomo and that will be the first day of new week.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

your new week starts today,,well done on the loss:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

fofany wrote: »
    Congratulations to everyone who had a lose at WI. I had mine this morning & had lost 8lbs!!!!! Very pleased & will help keep up the momentum. I love this forum & the food diaries for keeping me going during the week, so hopefully I will be able to inspire someone in return. Good luck with everyone's WI.
    Well done thats a fab loss give yourself a big pat on the back!! Just wondering did you use all your points this week do you have any tips you could share:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Great job fofany & rubiee!

Of course I don't mind astra. Good luck with WI tomorrow, let us know howu get on

Rubiee, my new week starts tomorrow, not sure how others do it! Usually have some kind of treat for myself on WI night!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Well done that is a great loss for the first week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

ali85 wrote: »
    I have a monday set as my weigh in day. So I'm hoping I have even 2lb down this week coming.

AS for the food thing, I have only just given up the smokes so I am sitting in the evening watching tv chopping fruit or veg for lunches or dinners the next day just so I am doing someting with my hands that doesnt involve stuffing my face ha!

You will have that weight gone in no time... the first week is always a killer getting back into it so after this it will be a doddle to you!

Hiya, I gave up smoking over 3 years ago and started WW same time to have a focus and not put on weight from overeating to compensate the non-smoking. I was already about 1.5 stone overweight without even really thinking about it before that. I got to target and keep to it. I really have to go to classes and get weighed every week for it to work for me. I feel so well, it great to be able to eat happily at a healthy weight but it 100 times better to be free from the burden of smoking. Well done, keep it up it gets better all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dobh

can anybody tell me how i can point count a large slice of frittata which had vegs, bacon and bits of potato in it ? I had it in a cafe for lunch, along with a bowl of homemade tomato soup. both delicious but my brain is melting trying to work out the pro points. i feel like reverting to the old pts system and i am only on day 1.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

WOW ! Well done Fofany and Rubiee, what brilliant losses.

astra2000 wrote: »
    Well done thats a fab loss give yourself a big pat on the back!! Just wondering did you use all your points this week do you have any tips you could share:)

Thanks, I didn't use any of my 49 points - didn't need to. I have a daily allowance of 29 & used Day 1 - 29, Day 2 - 29, Day 3 - 29, Day 4 - 29, Day 5 - 26, Day 6 - 26 & Day 7 - 27.

Only discovered today at my meeting that although 1 slice of bread is 2 pps, 2 slices are 5 so did calculate that wrong during my week (but only had bread twice so not too bad). You can read my food diary to see what exactly I was having - I have been very good at writing everything down (probably because it's the first week & I was making an extra special effort!)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

well done on all your losses. i had my WI at lunchtime and have lost 3 lbs so happy about that as I didn't do any exercise at all. Great that people seem to be loosing on pro points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks, I didn't use any of my 49 points - didn't need to. I have a daily allowance of 29 & used Day 1 - 29, Day 2 - 29, Day 3 - 29, Day 4 - 29, Day 5 - 26, Day 6 - 26 & Day 7 - 27.

Only discovered today at my meeting that although 1 slice of bread is 2 pps, 2 slices are 5 so did calculate that wrong during my week (but only had bread twice so not too bad). You can read my food diary to see what exactly I was having - I have been very good at writing everything down (probably because it's the first week & I was making an extra special effort!)

Well done on the loss that's a great result. Is that just for a normal white pan?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

lost 8LBS on first week. got the calulator 10.95. went to gym aswell. this is new for me to go to gym on a weighing day cos first place id go is into dunns for a breakast roll etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Ahh I didn't know that about bread! I just checked for the Brennans wholemeal pan and it's the same for that, 2 pp for 1 slice and 5 pp for 2 slices. Have been pointing wrong as I have bread for my lunch every day. But have weekly points left over so hopefully will cancel each other out for weigh in tonight!! Thanks fofany!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done Rubiee, 4lbs is fantastic.
    I WI in the evening, but our leader shared a story with us one week about a man who lost a phenonmenal amount of weight ( can't remember exactly how much now). Anyway, he always said that his week ended when he stepped up on the scales and a new one began when he stepped down.
    I never count points the evening after my WI, and would treat myself most weeks. But you could be all week trying to catch up on the damage that you do treating yourself!

Wow...fofany, I am green with envy here! Congratulations...major pat on the back and great motivation for next week.
    You were so disciplined tho...not touching your treat points. How did you find the week? Were you hungry at all or did you feel that the 29 points was enough for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I would definitely rec. pointing the bread you have in the house & multiplying the nutrients up by 2 (if that's the normal portion size you use) and then pointing it.

I have a Tesco brown sliced pan here & it's 3 points a slice.

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Well done on the loss that's a great result. Is that just for a normal white pan?

Yes, just a normal white pan. My leader says she was basing it on Brennans.
    kildareash wrote: »
    Wow...fofany, I am green with envy here! Congratulations...major pat on the back and great motivation for next week.
    You were so disciplined tho...not touching your treat points. How did you find the week? Were you hungry at all or did you feel that the 29 points was enough for you?

I did have 2 hungry days, but still had plenty of points to have a few snacks too & on a few days I didn't even eat all my points. That said, I did have to do alot of cooking & prep of veg, fruit etc to make sure that I was filling up on the free stuff. I tried to stay away from any prepacked food which gives you more food for your points, but also a lot more work!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Sorry I am back to the bread thing! Ok, if I am having two pieces of bread for lunch I should point it at five, that's clear. But if I have one at breakfast for 2 and then I have one in the evening, should I then point that one as 3? Sorry, I know it's only 1 point but it might come up on things with more and sometimes, 1 point counts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

wow well done of your fab losses girls :D I have WI tomorrow night and am nervous but excited too.
    I didnt know that 2 slices of bread was 5pp :( but havent touched my weekly allowance yet and it was only 2 days where i actually used all my daily points so hoping that it wont have a bad effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I'm back from my first pro-points weigh in and a happy bunny! Lost 2.5lbs :) So now 9st 8.5 on their scales.
    This weeks goal is 1.5lbs and that will be my snow-in/xmas gain gone.

Great Result! Well Done! :D:D:D:D

kashmir wrote: »
    You are obviously not a fruit and veg person Lady Lainy, I don't know what I'd do with them!

Never been fruit/veg person. I would usually put a load of salad in the bagels. just didnt have time this morning.

Veg was never a big thing in our house as a kid.....So it was hard to get into them as an adult. Love potatoes, peas+corn, cauliflower, but carrots and parsnips....no thanks! Wish i did like them...would make life so much easier!

I love salad...just find it so hard to eat salad in the winter when its cold, wet and dark :(

KayTee wrote: »
    Lady Lainey, I'm asking you because I know u are doing it online- what time of the day to you weigh in? Do u think it is cheating to weigh first thing in the morning? Today is WI for me, according to my scales I lost 1.5lb, but that was this morning! Will I just go with that and make sure to weigh at the same time every week?

I'd be happy with that as I have only really been pointing since Friday, joined online on Thursday. Picked tues to WI our of pure habit. Also this week is totm..

when i went to meetings, i always did morning classes....i always weigh in first thing in the morning on my weight in day....and like nearly every weight loss programme out there says you should weight in at morning time, cos thats your truest precise weight.

I cant see how it could be cheating!

I weigh in every saturday morning when i get up...about 10/11am...i make sure its ALWAYS around the same time of day

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

ok just read through all of todays and well done to all on their losses
    I froze some grapes earlier to try them out...wow!! Delicious and now 0 points!

jamie oliver recommends this!

well done thats great result

8lbs! wowsers that is amazing.

my next post will deal with this
    emmeim wrote: »
    well done on all your losses. i had my WI at lunchtime and have lost 3 lbs so happy about that as I didn't do any exercise at all. Great that people seem to be loosing on pro points.

very well done
    PinkChick wrote: »
    Ahh I didn't know that about bread! I just checked for the Brennans wholemeal pan and it's the same for that, 2 pp for 1 slice and 5 pp for 2 slices. Have been pointing wrong as I have bread for my lunch every day. But have weekly points left over so hopefully will cancel each other out for weigh in tonight!! Thanks fofany!!

ok read on to my next......:)

Ok so alot of people have been commenting on how you were counting 2 slices of bread for 4 points when it actually works out at 5.

Fear not anymore people - I have a little tip.....

Brennans Whippersnapper! 2 slices is 4.

I would definitely rec. pointing the bread you have in the house & multiplying the nutrients up by 2 (if that's the normal portion size you use) and then pointing it.

I have a Tesco brown sliced pan here & it's 3 points a slice.

The Johnson Mooney & O'Brien handy pan wholegrain is 2 for 1 slice, 3 for 2 slices but 5 for 3 slices - nice!! I fell into this trap as well, thinking two slices of McCambridges stoneground was only 4 when it's 5 pp. However 3 slices is 7 so you gain one back there! :)

kashmir wrote: »
    The Johnson Mooney & O'Brien handy pan wholegrain is 2 for 1 slice, 3 for 2 slices but 5 for 3 slices - nice!! I fell into this trap as well, thinking two slices of McCambridges stoneground was only 4 when it's 5 pp. However 3 slices is 7 so you gain one back there! :)

is this propoints? if so thats really good ;)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Never been fruit/veg person. I would usually put a load of salad in the bagels. just didnt have time this morning.

Veg was never a big thing in our house as a kid.....So it was hard to get into them as an adult. Love potatoes, peas+corn, cauliflower, but carrots and parsnips....no thanks! Wish i did like them...would make life so much easier!

I love salad...just find it so hard to eat salad in the winter when its cold, wet and dark :(

Funnily enough as much as I love the veg that is zero I really love peas and corn too so nearly always have to point, some of the frozen mixed veg incl peas and corn are really tasty esp the Dunnes own brand.

• Advertisement

irishneady wrote: »
    is this propoints? if so thats really good ;)

Yes, its propoints, sorry for not being clear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement