Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭elsy

I used all my treat points was at a fireman Sam show with lil one and we went to Eddie rockets for dinner however id say I still managed to loose 5 lbs due to the fact compared to what I was eating over Christmas my body still felt like I was been an angel even with eddies compared to the last week. This week will be the tester for me if it works 2 weeks in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 24 melbournebound

I put on 1.5. :(

Followed the plan to a t - tracked everything on iwatchr and in my tracker too.

Was out for dinner on Saturday night, but counted the points!!

Will have to try do without treat points this week and increase exercise more.

I am fairly gutted though - had tears in my eyes and couldnt even stay for meeting :(

If it's any consolation, I put up 2.

I was disgusted with myself. But I think I overdid it on the fruit - there's no point in saying "free" to me unless you mean completely unlimited, so I was having a full punnet of grapes to snack on during the day, as well as having the odd piece of fruit as dessert.

But I think the points are too much as well, I've 29 but I'm now 8.7 stone (having lost 3) so how can I lose? Like, my friend is around 2.5 stone heavier and on the same. She lost .5 stone. That I can see.

But I did eat some of the 49 last week, I'm not this.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I am fairly gutted though - had tears in my eyes and couldnt even stay for meeting :(

Thats a pity but i sometimes put on weight on really good weeks and the week after lose allot! Dont lose heart keep going and if your not happy with your weigh in next week have a chat to your leader.
    Well done for staying on track all week im sure it will pay next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Don't be too disheartened. As ladypip said sometimes you can have a really good week but the effects won't be seen until the following week. This has happened to me a few times. Keep tracking and try and get in as much exercise as possible.

I've my WI tomorrow and I'm afraid I've gained. I feel with the pro points and then the 49 treat points that it's too much to be eating. Does anyone else find this?

Eabha x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Eabhabear wrote: »

I've my WI tomorrow and I'm afraid I've gained. I feel with the pro points and then the 49 treat points that it's too much to be eating. Does anyone else find this?

Eabha x

Yeh i feel like this too! I guess the proof will be in the weighing, but I just feel like there has been a lot of food. I'll be holding my breath stepping on the scales!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Well done to everyone on their fab losses this week! Had my WI this evening & was down 1.5. Was hoping for more as it's the 1st week & I stuck religiously to the PPs. Didn't touch my 49 in case I had miscalculated along the way! Only thing I didn't do is make a start on the exercise-not a big fan but has to be done:D

Yeh i feel like this too! I guess the proof will be in the weighing, but I just feel like there has been a lot of food. I'll be holding my breath stepping on the scales!

I think if I gain tomorrow I'm gonna try not to use to treat points for the following week. Also I'm like you MTF1 I'm afraid I'm under calculating some foods so not gonna use the 49 points unless I really have to. Calculated a crunchie bar the other day and it said 4pp which seems really low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

Eabhabear wrote: »
    I think if I gain tomorrow I'm gonna try not to use to treat points for the following week. Also I'm like you MTF1 I'm afraid I'm under calculating some foods so not gonna use the 49 points unless I really have to. Calculated a crunchie bar the other day and it said 4pp which seems really low.

I calculated a crunchie at 5pp & someone at class this evening said the same! Think it's going to take us a few weeks to get the hang of it:confused:

MTF1 wrote: »
    I calculated a crunchie at 5pp & someone at class this evening said the same! Think it's going to take us a few weeks to get the hang of it:confused:

Thanks. Must go back and see where I went wrong. I might purchase the calculator tomorrow to make it easier on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Thanks for support!!

Will Deffo try lay off treat points this week - maybe just use them for wine at weekend!!

Have felt sorry for myself all evening, but will start afresh in morning.

Well done to all and good luck tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

our leader pointed the sweets last thursday and they came out different to what was on the box,,she said she'd bring it up at the meeting on sat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

ended up with bellyache from too much fruit!!:eek:

rubadub wrote: »
    They are stuffed with something ---AIR!
    seriously wispas, aeros, malteasers, flakes, twirls etc are all very lightweight bars. They are simply smaller portions/weights but just puffed up with air to make them look the same volume and so they seem more substantial.

Nothing wrong with this as it does seem to work, so they are good "value" points/calorie wise but poor value money wise as they are charging you for air.

I eat ryvitas as they are so light but look substantial (ryvitas are half price in tesco until 18/1/11 54cent for some varietys.).

Skips and some other snack type crips are also very low weight and so low cal/points.

You can tell when a bar or bag of snacks are light as the weight is usually not stated clearly, instead of having 65g like a mars bar, it might have no weight but will have kcal per 100g, and then kcal per bar -using these values you can work out the weight of the bar. e.g. 500kcal per 100g and 250kcal per bar means the bar is 50g
    is there somewhere that you can get the calories worked out on food as im starting to get interested in this lately

multi packs are smaller so be careful of that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Don't worry about it blueirishangel , I've often had weeks were I was being really good and went up 1 or 2. I think it will take us all a couple of weeks to get used to these new points !
    I really have no idea how I'm going to do tmrw at weigh in as I feel like I have been eating a lot this week, even though I have stayed within my points !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Well done everyone losing the lbs , hope the rest of us do too :)
    To those who have lost , have you used many of your weekly 49 points , I've only 11 left of mine and I'm a bit worried whether I'm going to lose anything this week :eek:

I used all of mine this week and lost 4lbs. I did walk or do some form of exercise everyday bar one though and didn't use up any of the activity points.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Flake is only 4, and those kids long dairy milks are 3 for anyone craving a choc fix! Guess who's been pointing the selection boxes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Weighing in tomorrow morning, so am here looking back on the week.
    Stuck to the propoints most days, bit confusing the first day so went over and had to use a few treat points. Out for dinner at the weekend but think i was pretty spot on with pointing it. Have used 32 of the 49 weekly points.
    Unfortunately exercise has been pretty non-existent as i have a back problem and its been acting up since friday, but hope to get out for a nice long walk tomorrow after WI.
    Fingers crossed, hoping for at least a little loss to get me kickstarted on new plan, booking trip of a lifetime this week for end of April so am promising myself a new holiday wardrobe - but only if its a size 14 or less!!!! Incentive or what!!
    Good luck to all, and keep us posted on how your WI's go!!
    Eimear x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

irishneady wrote: »
    kashmir sorry did u mean the wholemeal cos the wholegrain works out at 3 per slice and 5propoints for 2 slices.

Hiya, it was the bread in work so don't have it here to re-check, but it's the handy pan (small slice pan) in a light kinda pink wrapper, the calories per slice i remember are only 63 or 64. It is not the Wholegrain goodness one which I know from before is about 84 calories per slice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Sallyanne2

tantipie wrote: »
    is there somewhere that you can get the calories worked out on food as im starting to get interested in this lately

The calories are listed on foods themselves that are sold in packages and wrappings. The new pro points systems doesn't zone in on calories but protein, carbohydrates, fat and fibre. They are all listed on most foods except maybe fresh food that is not sold in a wrapper. You can get all the information you want at a Weight Watchers meeting. It costs 20 euro to join and 10 euro a week after that but if you get the books at the first meeting you would probably get the hang of it yourself after that from reading the books you get. It is also great to get their little calculator because this counts the pro points for you and takes a lot of the hassle out of having to calculate this from the disc/wheel you get which is very tiresome. It is probably the best method of losing weight as you don't deprive yourself of anything and learn how to eat in moderation. Then you could log into this forum and enquire about any food you are not sure of. Best of Luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Thanks for support!!

Will Deffo try lay off treat points this week - maybe just use them for wine at weekend!!

Have felt sorry for myself all evening, but will start afresh in morning.

Well done to all and good luck tomorrow.
    Hi irish I was gutted for you when I saw your gain. But you sound so much more positive now fair play to you!
    Have a look at your food diary for last week, even though you were within points is it possible you had too much fruit or used too many pp on carbs ie pasta/bread/rice/potatoes? A leader once told us that it can sometimes take a few weeks for a bad eating period to show in our bodies, I know this is sometimes true for me, like on hols and at christmas I could be eating everything in sight and maybe 2 or 3 pounds would go on then nothing, but bang a couple of weeks later 4lbs would show up, and its always 4lb for some reason:eek:.
    Best of luck for the week ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Girl

HI Guys,

Just found this thread. Started Ww last Wednesday so first weigh in tonight. I found some discrepancies in the book which contradicted what our leader told us:

Stock cubes - Up to 2 are 0pp. The book states each stock cube is 1pp
    Up to 4 sprays Frylight 0pp - In book up to 4 sparys 1pp

We were also told that supermilk and skimmed milk are same propoints, which after working out is true. And semi skimmed milk is also the same which is great for people with families.

Has anyone else noticed anything strange like that? I'm going to ask later on tonight.

Ok weiged myself this morn and I have lost 4lbs so I am delighted:D.
    I will give a little run down on what I did this week. I have a lot if weight to lose 4/5 stone! I didnt exercise due to having a RA flare up, but my goal this week is to exercise 3 days (2ml walk on treadmill). The first two days I didnt end up using all my points but the remaining 5 days I used them all. I used 38 of my weekly points so 11 were unused.
    Best of luck to all weighing in today!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Hi there, was I imagining things or did I hear an advert that weightwatchers has a special on with no joining fee?? I see that they do that often in USA and England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hillyrob

Hi guys
    I've just started using the new WW Pro points. I'm in the middle of my 2nd week, and have just read all 11 pages of this thread. Great that so many people have got together to help each other out.
    I am living in South Korea and so I can't rely on the PP listed next to foods on the web site as Korea has none of the foods that I would normaly eat if I was in the UK. I have so far lost 6lbs, but living out here makes me turn to the booze when I'm stressed or home sick. So I have been on several different sites to find out the nutritional values of a 330ml bottle of Budweiser at 5%. They are all giving me the same values:
    Protein 1.3, Carbs 10.6, fat 0, fibre 0.
    When I use the online calculater it say's it only 1PP. Can anyone ask at the meeting for me as I can't get to one to find out. I would really like to check this out as I always need a beer at the end of the week!
    Thanks guys and keep up the good work xxx:D

Hi dublingirl and welcome. Best of luck with your weighin tonight. There appear to be lots of discrepancies, app ww say they are aware of this, its amazing really that they havent got it right considering that usa have been using propoints for sometime.
    I was under the impression semiskimmed mikl was 2pp for 143ml and skimmed milk 1pp for the same amount. I will point it later. I think it is better to point all the different brands separatly as the points can vary so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Very happy today! I had my WI last night and I was down 5lbs !! :D
    My leader holds 4 classes on a Tuesday and that would be about 100 people - between the 4 classes they had lost 7 stone 10 lbs!!! ProPoints seems to be working well for everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Dublin Girl

Thanks Astra,

Yeah, I found it hard to believe about the milk myself. We always brought skimmed milk to work for breakfast, but after pointing it (Avonmore Low Fat Milk) it worked out the same. Again, I am going to being this up with the leader tongiht to double check I'm doing it right. I'll post tomorrow re stock cubes and frylight when i get into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi all, well done on all the losses and for those who gained, stick with it!

I was down 1.5 last night. Was chuffed. Getting over chest infection so zero exercise. Pointed pretty well 6 out of 7 days. Stopped counting my treat points after a night on Saturday and even though I knew I hadn't used them all, I just wiped them because just in case :-) It was just drink though, no food. Found Sunday (hangover day) the toughest of the whole week. Used all my points every day and the odd day, a couple of my treat points. Have been having a portion of grapes and an apple each day and sometimes a peach or something as well.

Am now 10 st 2 lb, so close to getting under that 10 stone which is my first mini goal :-)

• Advertisement

Sallyanne2 wrote: »
    The calories are listed on foods themselves that are sold in packages and wrappings. The new pro points systems doesn't zone in on calories but protein, carbohydrates, fat and fibre. They are all listed on most foods except maybe fresh food that is not sold in a wrapper. You can get all the information you want at a Weight Watchers meeting. It costs 20 euro to join and 10 euro a week after that but if you get the books at the first meeting you would probably get the hang of it yourself after that from reading the books you get. It is also great to get their little calculator because this counts the pro points for you and takes a lot of the hassle out of having to calculate this from the disc/wheel you get which is very tiresome. It is probably the best method of losing weight as you don't deprive yourself of anything and learn how to eat in moderation. Then you could log into this forum and enquire about any food you are not sure of. Best of Luck.
    i've been doing weight watchers since last june:D just interested in how calories work in the body:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement