Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

back after the holidays. this is my year to lose the xtra person that im carrying around all my life. im getting on great on propoints. but i cant get used to the wheel for the points. had 45 grams of garlic bread today but for the life of me i cant see where to point it, looked on uk site , does any of you know please? i put down 4 for it. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

After originally having lost 3 stone through WW, over the last year nearly 2 of that has crept back on so I decided to bite the bullet and rejoin this year. Going to a different meeting now than I had gone to before, I prefer it already, the leaders and people seem much nicer.

I'm doing things properly this time. I bought an exercise bike on offer in tesco, stocked up on healthier food, and have been tracking properly the last few days.

I wonder how the points are worked out, I'm 19 11st 11lb and on 30 points a day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Monife wrote: »
    Also, our leader told us a tbsp of herbs is 1pp, they used to be free too :( and i used to use them liberally...
    Fresh herbs are still ok though, its just the (convenient!) dried ones we've to count.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

irishneady wrote: »
    quorn sasauages
    1 = 1 propoint
    2 = 3 propoints
    3 = 4 propoints

I also pointed a knorr quick lunch curry rice. Just was on a calculating mission and it was in the press

9 propoints

I know those calculating missions well

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi guys regarding how you daily allowance is worked out as far as i know it is based on the following.

age - sex - height - weight

which for me is,

35 - m - 5f 7inchs - 20stone = 56 propoints

you can work your daily allowance out on the new propoints calculator and it should give the same propoints as you leader tells you. If it does not give you the same propoints check with your leader that the info they have for you is up to date. in my class there are a few lads on 29 propoints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Thats fantastic! Well done you!

I'm loving the new system. I think i'm finding it easier now cos everyone else is on it. I've been doing the new system on my own since October..and its was tough doing it totally alone. No one to bounce ideas off of and rant about points with :P

Well done Lainey, you deserve it after all your hard work, keep it up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

How are all the heads this morning?

I'm loving the new system...I actually think you would find it very hard to go over points unless you had an exceptional week of food and drink.

Sure it's difficult working out the new points values, but wasn't it the same when you first joined and your picking up every packet and trying to work out the points.

I've had three very satisfying food days. I'm actually worried that I'm not eating enough. I had 10 points left yesterday for the day and that was over-compensating for dinner, coz i was too lazy to work it out properly. Didn't have to hit the treat allowance so much then last night when I was having a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

yeah im finding the new system great :) Im not hungry at all really with it and like you have had days this week with points left over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

halfway through my first week on pro points and im finding it great. I seem to be able to eat a whole lot more than i could before cos im not saving my 4 points a day for the weekend. And was out last n ight and was easily able to have a good few drinks from my treat allowance. Im still sceptical until i get onto the scales as to whether it will work, cos i dont see how i can lose weight and eat so much.

Oh and im on 31 points per day, am 26, 5'5 female and 13st12.5lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Birdie086 wrote: »
    PERPLEXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey everybody, lost a lot of wieght about fours ago through weight watchers, found my leader great but when i gave it up I didnt really like my new meetings but followed on my own for a while. Anyways eventually abadoned my trusty food diary etc and gradually the weight plus another two stone crept back on(great fun gettin here though). decided to bite the bullet and rejoin, cant help feeling it was a big mistake!!! My meeting lasted all of ten minutes, total waste and am finding it very hard to stick to my points, have a violent headache since the meeting thursday.
    I weigh 16st 9 lbs and am on 29 daily points with 49 weekly ones,

just wandering how the work out your allowance and would love to know the different points people are on because at my meeting the other girls half the size of me were put on 29 too, or am i just a sheer glutton and 29 is a great allowance????

sorry for the rambling post but i havent told anyone i was joining so havent spoken to anyone about it

Hi I am similar weight to you female 5ft 6in over 35 and my pp are35.
    I am doing it with ww on line. Speak with your leader and maybe she can shed some light on it.

• Advertisement

Anybody have any idea how many pp would be in half a chicken kebab from Zaytoons... the alcohol got the better of me last night and i had to go somewher for soakage. I had 28 treat points left, so I cant imagine its more points than that.

it was basically half of one of those flatbreads, some of that kebab chicken stuff (not breaded) salad, chilli salsa and garlic sauce. Any help would be much appreciated!

PERPLEXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey everybody, lost a lot of wieght about fours ago through weight watchers, found my leader great but when i gave it up I didnt really like my new meetings but followed on my own for a while. Anyways eventually abadoned my trusty food diary etc and gradually the weight plus another two stone crept back on(great fun gettin here though). decided to bite the bullet and rejoin, cant help feeling it was a big mistake!!! My meeting lasted all of ten minutes, total waste and am finding it very hard to stick to my points, have a violent headache since the meeting thursday.

just wandering how the work out your allowance and would love to know the different points people are on because at my meeting the other girls half the size of me were put on 29 too, or am i just a sheer glutton and 29 is a great allowance????

sorry for the rambling post but i havent told anyone i was joining so havent spoken to anyone about it

I'd speak to your leader again. I'm 5'5, 15st 4lbs and I'm on 34 points.
    The machine just calculated it this time, doesn't seem to be a formula in the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

kildareash wrote: »
    I'd speak to your leader again. I'm 5'5, 15st 4lbs and I'm on 34 points.
    The machine just calculated it this time, doesn't seem to be a formula in the book.

Well you have put my mind at ease thanks! I was worried I had put in wrong info.

astra2000 wrote: »
    Well you have put my mind at ease thanks! I was worried I had put in wrong info.

There seem's to be alot of confusion about how many points your allowed.

Hopefully we'll have more information over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

PERPLEXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what height and age are you??i'm 5ft2 and 10st8 and on 29 too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi,
    I'm 34 5ft 4 12 stone 7 and I'm on 29 propoints a day too. I'm perplexed too cos I know they're women in my class who weigh less than me and have the same number of points.

A possible idea I came up with was, Have WW have given everyone the minimum number of points for the first week same as 'Fast/Quick Start' on the discovery programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

not everyone is on 29 tho:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

tantipie wrote: »
    what height and age are you??i'm 5ft2 and 10st8 and on 29 too

I am 5ft6, 16st8, glad to see that some others are on different points must be a glitch or something for the first week, cos to be honest my leader didnt seem to have a clue what was going, the talk lasted all of seven minutes, she gave a great little motivational speech and showed how to use the wheel and that was it.

oh and i am 29 yrs,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

Anybody have any idea how many pp would be in half a chicken kebab from Zaytoons... the alcohol got the better of me last night and i had to go somewher for soakage. I had 28 treat points left, so I cant imagine its more points than that.

it was basically half of one of those flatbreads, some of that kebab chicken stuff (not breaded) salad, chilli salsa and garlic sauce. Any help would be much appreciated!

I'd allow 12 pp for it, it can't be much more than a McD's chicken sandwich.

thanks for the replies everyone as regards the points was starting to go mad and beat myself up cos i was using my treat allowance to get through the day, looking forward to seeing what points i really will be on, i know it wont be much more but at least I will know where I stand.

Thanks Birdie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭dasa29

Birdie i hope you don't mind but i put your info in to my propoints calculator that i got at my meeting.

29 - f/m - 5f6inchs -16st8

36propoints female
    or
    48propoints male

it is based on the following formula of
    age-sex-height-weight.

Yeh that is what my sister suggested pointing it at too!

Just looked at my tracker and I had 67 points yesteryday :eek: and still have 13 treat points to use if I want before weds. 36 of them were on vodka. Irish pub measures are 35mls right, so 3 pp??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Does anybody know how many points are in Kopparberg pear cider?
    I don't think I want to know, seeing as bulmers light is 6 per can :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I'm on 45 pro points. That was worked out for my the ww website, and I got the same results in my ww calculator.

hmmmm really nice indulgent snack...

Knorr Snack Soup Tomato & Mozzarella 3 propoints per sachet!

they're on special offer in tesco at the moment normally .89c each....4 for 2 euro at the moment...went in and got 20 sachets last night LOL

they are a god send for college!

Skinny Mocha & soup for lunch for 5pro points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tanaoise88

anyone know how many pp in 1/4 burger, vodka got the better of me at end of night!!!!
    was doing so well too, but only used 3 of my 49 points so far. have to count off the vodka and the burger now.
    had 8 vodka, so isnt it 3pp per vodka for irish measure

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

...does not bear thinking about! The dangers of alcohol.

6 pints Miller.
    2 whiskey (I think, but maybe 3.)

.... and a snack box when we got home! In my drunken state, I decided it was a good idea to weigh the chicken and chips, and I wrote it down. This was at 2 this morning, and I was drunk, but I'm fairly sure the weights were close to right.

I just pointed the snack box.

Chicken 400g is 31 pro-points, and Chips 500g 45 pro-points.

I'm not going to beat myself up too much over it. It's just a crappy way to end a crappy week.

But fresh start this morning, onwards and downwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

ah sure whats done is done...all you can do move on from it and put best foot forward. the danger in alcohol isnt the alcohol but in what you eat under the influence! lol we've all been there!

Muirgheal wrote: »
    ...does not bear thinking about! The dangers of alcohol.

6 pints Miller.
    2 whiskey (I think, but maybe 3.)

.... and a snack box when we got home! In my drunken state, I decided it was a good idea to weigh the chicken and chips, and I wrote it down. This was at 2 this morning, and I was drunk, but I'm fairly sure the weights were close to right.

I just pointed the snack box.

Chicken 400g is 31 pro-points, and Chips 500g 45 pro-points.

I'm not going to beat myself up too much over it. It's just a crappy way to end a crappy week.

But fresh start this morning, onwards and downwards!

had to laugh to when i read you wieghed it in your drunken state, fair play adn your right not to beat yourself, you cant exactly uneat it, can you? just start again this morning

dasa29 wrote: »
    Birdie i hope you don't mind but i put your info in to my propoints calculator that i got at my meeting.

29 - f/m - 5f6inchs -16st8

36propoints female
    or
    48propoints male

it is based on the following formula of
    age-sex-height-weight.

much appreciated dasa, i was starting to think i was going mad, looking forward to the week ahead now, so glad i posted in this forum was really feeling disappointed in myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tantipie wrote: »
    laughing cow lite is free, if your only having one triangle!!!
    Every food is zero points if the portion is small enough -be very careful. Strange that they got rid of half points, as this leaves the system open to far more inaccuracies. In the old thread I explained you can add a zero to all your figures to get a more accurate one. e.g. laughing cows might be 0.5 points and could be rounded to zero.
    rocky wrote: »
    banana - 0 pp

wooo hoooo!!!
    I would be very worried about that one! do the leaders explain what these really mean? are you actually allowed to eat a kilo of bananas as "free"? a kilo is about 900kcal and has more sugar than a 2L of coke. I remember a documentary with a big guy eating 35 oranges a day thinking it was healthy.

I hope people have questioned their leaders as to why the old system is no longer being use, and what is so much better about this one.
    astra2000 wrote: »
    White/brown bread 35g 1 slice pp2
    ww white or brown bread 1 slice pp11
    50g burger bun pp4
    nelf wrote: »
    Also be careful with bread as it's 5 pp for 2 slices of your standard brennans or similar.
    On tescos Irish site I see WW bread is 26.6g (and on offer right now).
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=264008426

That 26.6g slice is "thick sliced WW", there is no "weight per slice" figure showing size on other WW bread. The 26.6g one is 65kcal per slice

Standard 800g white sliced pan is http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250330059 80kcal per slice

Now if somebody read the PP figures about it would at first seem 2 slices of brennans is 5 PP (but 160kcal) and is the same PP as 5 slices of WW (325kcal), which I doubt is the case. It seems a combination of rounding errors and portion sizes, as I expect the WW bread at 1 point is a miserably small slice.

There is a PP calculator here, dunno if it is correct http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement