Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 emmeim

hi everyone, i went to class today, got all the info on pro points. wasn't too sure about it at first but after giving it some thought i'm going to give it a blast and see how I get on. It's so weird getting my head around the big points increases in foods I eat. Great that fruit is free though, means i'll eat more of it which is a good thing.

For those wondering about iphone apps, i saw on another site an app that you can custom to make it work out the uk pro points. it's the iwatchr app - you can custom a calculator - details below. it works as i've tested it on a few foods that i knew the pro points of, plus it gets great reviews on other sites.

If you have iwatcher, go to calculator then custom, go to configure and modify each field as follows;

Field 1 - rename Protein, then set to divide by 10.99

Field 2 - rename Carbs, then set to divide by 9.17

Field 3 - rename Fat, then set to divide by 3.89

Field 4 - rename Fibre, then set to divide by 34.48

edited to say i think the app costs 79 cent so not too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    HOPE i can do it! I only lost 38lbs in 12 months

OK guys- this is my new years resolution! Any one of you that I catch using the word only in relation to weight loss, I will find you and I will kick your skinny asses!

You have been warned!!! :mad::mad::mad:

...and welcome to all the new posters, it is fantastic the upbeat and positive vibe on this thread for the last few pages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭blueirishangel

Emmeim - thanks!! I actually emailed the creater of iwatcher app yesterday and he replied with same info - and it works! It also works with tracker and there's even space for weekly pro points too. I'm glad i can still use these app!! Still wouldn't mind the official ww one too!!

Anybody think itd be a good idea for a pro points thread with points calclulated? I just worked out a kit kat senses (for research purposes of course) and it's 5 ppts (propoints). I keep a list in my iwatcher app, but it'd be good to share with everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Emmeim - thanks!! I actually emailed the creater of iwatcher app yesterday and he replied with same info - and it works! It also works with tracker and there's even space for weekly pro points too. I'm glad i can still use these app!! Still wouldn't mind the official ww one too!!

Anybody think itd be a good idea for a pro points thread with points calclulated? I just worked out a kit kat senses (for research purposes of course) and it's 5 ppts (propoints). I keep a list in my iwatcher app, but it'd be good to share with everyone!

I think that would be a great idea. I was looking for an app for my ipod yesterday but didnt come across one for pro points, is iwatcher the name of the app you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Hi everyone,

Just confirming it is the full value of everything you use now for calculations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

astra2000 wrote: »
    Do any of you guys ever use a site called minimins? Its an english weightloss forum covers every diet imaginable and the ww forum is very good, though I prefer this one as it has the irish element:).
    I have to agree the irish ww site is not great, such a shame it would have been great to get points on dunnes products ect.
    i use it i'd be lost without it:))

has anyone any prices on the new calculator,,not going till tomorrow and wondering how much i need to bring!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

tantipie wrote: »
    has anyone any prices on the new calculator,,not going till tomorrow and wondering how much i need to bring!!

I got an email from my leader about it and I think its €10.95. I paid 11 for mine on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LinziH

Think the claculator is €10.95. but dont quote me on that.

As for the UK website, I use it and I live in Donegal I pay £6.95 a month. I would be lost without it.

ok brilliant,,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Hi Everyone! I went to a meeting yesterday and got all the propoints info, wasnt sure about it at the start but went home and read through the book and am delighted with the new system... I love the way fruit is free and the fact you get a weekly allowance of 49 ppts! I was up half a stone last nite so was fair depressed but just gonna throw myself into this new programme now and hopefully the pounds will come off quick!!

Our leader said the calculator is €10.95 but she said if we prepay 10 weeks we get 2 weeks free and a free calculator so gonna do that next week! Definitely need the calculator cos cant see myself bringin the wheel thing into supermarkets and using it... its a bit complicated!!

This is probably a stupid question but how do you guys point bread if ye are having 2 slices in a sambo i.e. do ye point 1 slice (so for a normal slice of brown bread its 2 ppts) and multiply by 2 which is 4 or do ye multiply the info on the pack by 2 and then point the 2 slices together which works out at 5 ppts? Its only a point in the difference but they all count!! Help :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I went to a meeting yesterday and got all the propoints info, wasnt sure about it at the start but went home and read through the book and am delighted with the new system... I love the way fruit is free and the fact you get a weekly allowance of 49 ppts! I was up half a stone last nite so was fair depressed but just gonna throw myself into this new programme now and hopefully the pounds will come off quick!!

Our leader said the calculator is €10.95 but she said if we prepay 10 weeks we get 2 weeks free and a free calculator so gonna do that next week! Definitely need the calculator cos cant see myself bringin the wheel thing into supermarkets and using it... its a bit complicated!!

This is probably a stupid question but how do you guys point bread if ye are having 2 slices in a sambo i.e. do ye point 1 slice (so for a normal slice of brown bread its 2 ppts) and multiply by 2 which is 4 or do ye multiply the info on the pack by 2 and then point the 2 slices together which works out at 5 ppts? Its only a point in the difference but they all count!! Help :confused:

I'm using the caclulator on the english ww site, sliced pan is 2 pro points each, 2 slices are 4 pro points, I figure the official calculator straight from the horses mouth has to be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

hi went back yesterday after a month of not being able to go and have to say im so happy with pro points so far! i love the fact that fruit is free! frees up so many points for me!!!!!! and with some getting used to i think it will be easier!! seems you can have much more food!!

i bought the calculator it was 10.95 couldnt grasp that wheel thing!!

This is probably a stupid question but how do you guys point bread if ye are having 2 slices in a sambo i.e. do ye point 1 slice (so for a normal slice of brown bread its 2 ppts) and multiply by 2 which is 4 or do ye multiply the info on the pack by 2 and then point the 2 slices together which works out at 5 ppts? Its only a point in the difference but they all count!! Help

id go with 5 because somethings if 1 is say 2.3 or so they round it off so when it goes to 2 slices it works out at 4.6 so thats rounded of to 5! its the same with the 15g bags of popcorn on the old points system 1 15g bag was 1pouint but for a 30g back it was three its cause they dont use quater points so its how it was worked out! now there not using half points so i think 5 is a fair assumption!

Hi all well as a ww member for longer than I care to remember I just about know the ww points for everything:) obviously its back to square on for us all with the new pro points system so I thought I would start a tread for propoints only if that is ok. Yesterday was my first day I am using the weightwatchers on line uk site so have a fair bit of info available to me and will try and find out any foods that people are not sure of, it would be great if others would share their knowledge too!
    Here are a few of the foods I have pointed so far:
    I will add to this as I get the pp on more items!

White/brown bread 35g 1 slice pp2
    ww white or brown bread 1 slice pp1
    tesco white wraps pp5
    big als hotnspicey chicken goujons pp6
    200g baked beans pp4
    chicken breast skinless pp4
    flora buttery 15g pp3
    30g wafer thin ham pp1
    kellogs special k 30g pp3
    boiled potato 100g pp2
    big als roasted mini chicken 100g pp3
    olive oil 5ml pp1
    beef sirloin lean raw 225g pp7
    blue dragon thai sweetchilli dipping sauce 15ml pp1
    50g burger bun pp4
    cheest triangle low fat 14g pp1

Thanx Lady Lainey & Sophie1234, I was gonna say I'd point it at 4 1/2 but forgot there are not 1/2 points anymore... also am I right in saying you cant carry any saved points anymore?

Another question... sorry for wreckin yer heads.... how are ye planning on using your weekly allowance of 49 points? Do you think it would be ok to use them all on one night instead of spreading them out over the week? Im out every sat nite without fail and drink a good bit of vodka (very bad, I know) but was wondering would it be ok to use the majority of these points for alcohol?

Super thread!

kitkat senses pp5

astra2000 wrote: »
    I think that would be a great idea. I was looking for an app for my ipod yesterday but didnt come across one for pro points, is iwatcher the name of the app you got?

Yeah its iWatchr

It's 79c

In the health and fitness category of app store.

Our leader said because there are no .5 points, things have been rounded. So I would count each slice of bread at 2 pp each. Somewhere else, it will balance out.

On the other side, on the old system I used to do something similar. If I worked out a biscuit and it was 1 pt, I would then multiply the values to see if I could get 2 for 1.5 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a WW floor weighing scale but I've heard that they can be inconsistent. Would anyone recommend one?

Thanks

Our leader said because there are no .5 points, things have been rounded. So I would count each slice of bread at 2 pp each. Somewhere else, it will balance out.

On the other side, on the old system I used to do something similar. If I worked out a biscuit and it was 1 pt, I would then multiply the values to see if I could get 2 for 1.5 :o

Very clever!! Ha ha! Thanx for the help :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Happy New Year everyone!

Heading back to class tonight to see what damage I've caused since the snow and Christmas.
    Think it's been about 5 weeks since I was at class. My new runners, which my lovely boyfriend bought me for Christmas are just dying to be abused pounding the local footpaths.

I know I've put up weight, but hopefully it's not too much as all my trousers are still fitting me grand.

My biggest triumph came before Christmas when I bought a size 18 dress from Awear for a wedding! I haven't bought anything from Awear in about 2 years and it felt so great.

So, I've decided I'm going to embrace the propoints and become a weight loss pro in 2011.
    Looking forward to reading about the weight falling off everyone over the next few weeks. We'll all be looking fab for summer 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Wednesdays Girl

I've a questions that I probably should know the answer to, but I don't..

Is there a maximum amount of activity points that you can earn in a day/week? In the book it says that you can earn as many as makes you feel comfortable but then on the page where it gives you what you should aim for, it gives 28 p/w or 4 p/d as the top aim.. I'm just really confused because I've gone back exercising really seriously this year but I don't want to mess it up.

HELP..

addda wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm thinking of buying a WW floor weighing scale but I've heard that they can be inconsistent. Would anyone recommend one?

Thanks
    i have one,,i dont find it great to be honest:(

Thanx Lady Lainey & Sophie1234, I was gonna say I'd point it at 4 1/2 but forgot there are not 1/2 points anymore... also am I right in saying you cant carry any saved points anymore?

Another question... sorry for wreckin yer heads.... how are ye planning on using your weekly allowance of 49 points? Do you think it would be ok to use them all on one night instead of spreading them out over the week? Im out every sat nite without fail and drink a good bit of vodka (very bad, I know) but was wondering would it be ok to use the majority of these points for alcohol?
    you can use these anyway you like:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

Another question... sorry for wreckin yer heads.... how are ye planning on using your weekly allowance of 49 points? Do you think it would be ok to use them all on one night instead of spreading them out over the week? Im out every sat nite without fail and drink a good bit of vodka (very bad, I know) but was wondering would it be ok to use the majority of these points for alcohol?[/QUOTE

no you cant save points any more but the 49 can be used for anything!! i plan i using them in one night also!!! so dont worry about that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

kildareash wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!

Heading back to class tonight to see what damage I've caused since the snow and Christmas.
    Think it's been about 5 weeks since I was at class. My new runners, which my lovely boyfriend bought me for Christmas are just dying to be abused pounding the local footpaths.

I know I've put up weight, but hopefully it's not too much as all my trousers are still fitting me grand.

My biggest triumph came before Christmas when I bought a size 18 dress from Awear for a wedding! I haven't bought anything from Awear in about 2 years and it felt so great.

So, I've decided I'm going to embrace the propoints and become a weight loss pro in 2011.
    Looking forward to reading about the weight falling off everyone over the next few weeks. We'll all be looking fab for summer 2011.

I just LOVE your attitude! Youve had a nice christmas, might have gained a bit but you don't care because now its back on the horse with the new programme. You seem so motivated and Im sure 2011 is definitely the year for your :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I just LOVE your attitude! Youve had a nice christmas, might have gained a bit but you don't care because now its back on the horse with the new programme. You seem so motivated and Im sure 2011 is definitely the year for your :D

Thanks timeforachange. I'm focused on losing weight this year. I re-joined back in August and was doing well until the snow came.
    For some reason I used this an excuse to jump off the wagon and my eating habits have been all over the place for the last few weeks.

It's made me realise how much better I felt when I was eating properly and less 'stodgy' foods and drinking loads of water. I think we got four take-aways Christmas week, and after that I decided that I was going to enjoy Christmas and New Year and not worry about points and then get back into it in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

I checked it on the weightwatchers UK site, 2 slices of sliced pan IS 4 points.

No more saving points. If you want to go over your daily points you have to use your treat points. There isnt any more point saving. Oh hell yeah use your treat points on booze! :D

I've a questions that I probably should know the answer to, but I don't..

Is there a maximum amount of activity points that you can earn in a day/week? In the book it says that you can earn as many as makes you feel comfortable but then on the page where it gives you what you should aim for, it gives 28 p/w or 4 p/d as the top aim.. I'm just really confused because I've gone back exercising really seriously this year but I don't want to mess it up.

HELP..

I think it's ok to earn extra points, but don't use them!! So if you're exercising really intensely and are earning 6 points a day, aim to only use 2 a day on food/drink.

I usually earn 2 or so bonus points a day, but I never usually use them for food, unless necessary! But with the weekly allowance of 49, I don't think I'll need to use the exercise points at all!

• Advertisement

sophie1234 wrote: »

Another question... sorry for wreckin yer heads.... how are ye planning on using your weekly allowance of 49 points? Do you think it would be ok to use them all on one night instead of spreading them out over the week? Im out every sat nite without fail and drink a good bit of vodka (very bad, I know) but was wondering would it be ok to use the majority of these points for alcohol?[/QUOTE

no you cant save points any more but the 49 can be used for anything!! i plan i using them in one night also!!! so dont worry about that!!

In the past my down fall has been using too many points on treats every day, I think I will use the weekly allowance for the weekend and try and cut out the daily treat habbit which always puts me back to a treat with every cuppa! I think my daily points allowance is just enough to cover 3 meals and would not really stretch to treats, so mon to fri I am going to try and stick to them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement