Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

Thanks a million girls. I was going to have curry tonight but not now he he. I will see can i do it with the macdonnells anyway. i will try get the points on it and let ye know.
    The chinese doesnt seem too bad so now i will be able to have that from time to time too :D I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

ok on the pack of macdonnells curry its gives per 118ml serving and i worked out it is 4pp for this. i dont have the calculator only the points finder in the booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

never thought of it. have heard mixed views of things arriving and they due to go off next day etc. I love doing my food shop tbh but time is not on my side so may look into online shopping cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    From 1st of Jan down 4.6lbs :D wooo

Congratulations!! That's a great start to the year.

I've been sick all week and have had no appetite so haven't really gotten a chance to start pro points yet so hopefully when I do I'll have the same success as you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

Hey, Exams are next week and Im studying constantly but I get hungry quite often and need to keep my energy levels up

any suggestions on snacks I could have.. just things I can have whilst studying and dont take an effort to make

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Well done Lady Lainy! that is a big portion of a silver seven under your belt!

Snack suggestions:
    1. melba toast (6) - 2 propoints
    laughhing cow extra light cheese triangle(3) = 1 propoint

then have some tomatoe on top with some rocket maybe?

2. Bruiser bars are 2 propoints

3. Fruit?

4. Tesco salt and vinegar rice cakes are a god send! I eat them without even needing anything on them - exact same taste as snack o jacks.

5. get the carrot batons and make up a dipping sauce with lowfat mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

From 1st of Jan down 4.6lbs :D wooo

Well done you!! Any tips like anything you cut out or added??

I still haven't made it to a weight watchers meeting but am enjoying trying to follow the propoints myself (with the help of boards.ie!) One thing I'm finding confusing is the fruit though, how much is in moderation? I think it's absolutely wonderful that it's free but I would like to know how much you can eat before you start counting points!! Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Well done you!! Any tips like anything you cut out or added??

I still haven't made it to a weight watchers meeting but am enjoying trying to follow the propoints myself (with the help of boards.ie!) One thing I'm finding confusing is the fruit though, how much is in moderation? I think it's absolutely wonderful that it's free but I would like to know how much you can eat before you start counting points!! Any ideas?

I don't know about the fruit. must admit i'm not a big fruit eater.

hmmm dont know what I did really. I "fry" any foods i cook just in water in a non stick pan.

Avoiding bread to the best of my ability.

The only milk I use is Slimline milk, and even then its only a dash of the stuff in my scrambled eggs in the morning. So one little screw cap carton does the whole week.

I use sweeteners in my coffee instead of sugar, and i've started topping up hot coffee with a drop of cold water instead of trying to cool it down with milk.

and i've been throwing back 4 - 5 pints of water a day! In the evenings after my dinner I make my self down water till i'm about to burst. I would nearly be aching from all the water that the last thing i want to do is eat LOL

hmmmm and try and not eat after 8pm.

I do try and use 1/2 my points on my dinner. That way all day I can look forward to a nice big satisfying dinner.

I found baby potatoes great point value! Filling! Warming! Tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

oh i have mc donalds pp too,,will look for it now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

i never got round to the whole water drinking thing:rolleyes:i do try with sugar free juice tho:p

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

astra2000 wrote: »
    Oxo stock cubes pp0
    sorry I think a stock cube is actually 1 pro point as we were told at last weeks meeting "no points soup" will actually be pointed now if you add cubes

tantipie wrote: »
    i never got round to the whole water drinking thing:rolleyes:i do try with sugar free juice tho:p

I cant drink water on its own. I always use sugar free quash! Tesco Cherries Berries is really nice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I cant drink water on its own. I always use sugar free quash! Tesco Cherries Berries is really nice :D

Ooh, just bought that yesterday and some other with mango and orange (or something like that) which is quiet nice too.
    I have at least a litre of water everyday this wk, gonna try improve on that nxt wk.

Just signed in to say hope everyone has a great Saturday night and enjoys tucking into some treat points. I know I will :)

hey all
    OH came back with shopping he did "ok". I can't give out as he bought ww meals for me but i was trying to avoid them as i think i can get more value cooking myself. I really wanted a medium sirloin steak and a few baby potatoes with mushroom and onion....instead I am having ww cottage pie :(

oh well never mind....i will then be on 18 points for the day which leave the remanining 11 for finger food at the party, and 49 treat points for alcohol. :D

might not use all the alcohol ones as I will be craving coke if hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pracky2k10

Great thread- so useful! Thanks!
    Have to say I'm finding the pro-points system hard at the moment:(..hopefully it'll get easier as we go along.
    Thanks again!

Enjoy your weekend folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Thanks everyone for the ideas.

Well I didn't really get around to making much today. These are the dinners I've had since I started though:

Fillet Steak - 160g - 6pp
    McCains Oven Chips 150g - 6pp
    Lots of broccoli - 0pp
    Swartz (?) Pepper sce half a pack - 2pp.
    Total 14pp.
    It was practically half a days points but it was really worth it. Felt like a treat dinner and not remotely diet-like. I'll probably save that one for weekends and use my some of the extra points on it. I plan to stay lower during the week.
    ----

200g chicken - 5 pp
    1 large pepper - 0pp
    1 onion - 0pp
    1 tomato - 0pp
    Swartz (?) fajita seasoning mix (whole packet) - 3 pp
    Total - 8pp :)

I didn't have a wrap or anthing with this - just on its own in a bowl which was more than enough and it was really nice! I added some water to it which isn't mentioned on the packet but it made it have a bit of a sauce rather than just a coating. This would be a really handy and filling lunch - it only takes ten minutes. Again, doesn't feel remotely like being on a diet.

---

I also made a big pot of tomato and vegetable soup. It was going to be minestrone but its so chunky that it doesn't really need anything else. I may add pasta to it tomorrow.

1 stock cube (the knorr jelly ones) - 1pp
    1 tbsp puree
    1 onion, 1 carrot, 1 green pepper, 2 sticks celery - 0pp
    1 tin tomatoes - 0pp
    1 carton passata - 0pp
    Sprig of flat parsley, rosemary and thyme (fresh)
    Teaspoon chilli powder
    1 pint water - 0pp
    Total for a massive pot of soup - 1pp :cool:
    Really nice lunch with homemade seeded brown bread. Yes please.
    Tomorrow for lunch I'm thinking of -

Large tin of tuna in brine - 4pp
    Tbsp light mayo - 1
    Thinly sliced carrots and celery
    Salt and pepper
    All mixed together
    This makes a lot so you could save half in the fridge. Yum on its own or in a sandwich so total is 5pp but you'd probably only eat 3pp worth.

Dinner
    maybe prawn, noodle and mixed vegetable broth type thing. Thai kind of flavour - lots of chilli, corriander etc. Will update with points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

One thing I'm finding confusing is the fruit though, how much is in moderation? I think it's absolutely wonderful that it's free but I would like to know how much you can eat before you start counting points!! Any ideas?
    According to my leader today, they essentially mean you to have a good five a day, but not to go mad.

In the sample day menu in the book, the fruit & veg were
    brekkie: banana
    snack: grapes & kiwi
    lunch: tomato & butternut soup, mixed green salad, slice of melon
    dinner: mixed veg, fruit cocktail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had a bit of advice, I have been on weightwatchers twice in the past few years, lose a few pounds and then it just sticks, despite sticking to it and counting points and exercising, very frustrating. I once asked my Leader what my goal weight was, but my card was outta the machine, so she looked me up and down and said " at least another stone!" was so morto didnt know what to say, im not very overweight, but am small in height so every pound i put on is noticable. Im 5ft 1in and a size 12, i dont know what i weigh, dont have scales in the house. Am thinking of joining again, with the new propoints, and seeing if that makes any difference. Found the last time that the counting of points after a while got very frustrating, and felt guilty even if i ate something "bad". Anyway, im sorry for the long post and the blabbing, any advice would be much appreciated.
    By the way a huge congrats to everyone on here, ye all doing great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

kty wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had a bit of advice, I have been on weightwatchers twice in the past few years, lose a few pounds and then it just sticks, despite sticking to it and counting points and exercising, very frustrating. I once asked my Leader what my goal weight was, but my card was outta the machine, so she looked me up and down and said " at least another stone!" was so morto didnt know what to say, im not very overweight, but am small in height so every pound i put on is noticable. Im 5ft 1in and a size 12, i dont know what i weigh, dont have scales in the house. Am thinking of joining again, with the new propoints, and seeing if that makes any difference. Found the last time that the counting of points after a while got very frustrating, and felt guilty even if i ate something "bad". Anyway, im sorry for the long post and the blabbing, any advice would be much appreciated.
    By the way a huge congrats to everyone on here, ye all doing great!

I know how you feel but don't get disheartened-I'm just after starting back for the 4th time with more weight than ever to lose. The new system is a good opportunity to start afresh. My tip would be to find a class with an understanding leader that you are comfortable with-someone who'll encourage you & that you feel comfortable to go to on the "bad weeks" too;)

MTF1 wrote: »
    I know how you feel but don't get disheartened-I'm just after starting back for the 4th time with more weight than ever to lose. The new system is a good opportunity to start afresh. My tip would be to find a class with an understanding leader that you are comfortable with-someone who'll encourage you & that you feel comfortable to go to on the "bad weeks" too;)

Thanks MTF1, Def dont think ill be going back to the same place anyway, but i know that this leader does other classes too, so will have to find out where first! Thanks for the encouagement :), im just going to really have to think about it and see if i can go back again, ive gone back to collage at night and with work its hard to get a proper routine. Def think the new system will be better, esp with the extra points to use as u want, no saving for the wkend binges!

kty wrote: »
    Thanks MTF1, Def dont think ill be going back to the same place anyway, but i know that this leader does other classes too, so will have to find out where first! Thanks for the encouagement :), im just going to really have to think about it and see if i can go back again, ive gone back to collage at night and with work its hard to get a proper routine. Def think the new system will be better, esp with the extra points to use as u want, no saving for the wkend binges!

You should go back & give it a go-once you decide to do it you'll feel better! The extra points are a big bonus & i haven't even used any yet. It's great knowing they are there & you're not inclined to cheat or to begrudge using the daily points on "proper" food. Am going to give it my best shot this time & will be checking in here regularly-it's brilliant for tips & support. Nice to know we're not alone in our battles :)

MTF1 wrote: »
    You should go back & give it a go-once you decide to do it you'll feel better! The extra points are a big bonus & i haven't even used any yet. It's great knowing they are there & you're not inclined to cheat or to begrudge using the daily points on "proper" food. Am going to give it my best shot this time & will be checking in here regularly-it's brilliant for tips & support. Nice to know we're not alone in our battles :)

I really do want to go back, but in a way im kinda embarressed, back again!!!! I got a bit obsessed the last time, well i actually stopped going to WW and did my own thing, in the end i made myself sick, as in wasnt eating properly, so my stomach was in bits, eating too much fruit and acidic stuff, which were very low in fat and calories, but i was still eating. I suppose i just have to get into the right frame of mind for it again, and when im there, ill go back. Thanks so much, it is def nice to know that there are other people in the same positon as me. Be great if one of my friends went with me, the last time one of the girls did, but stopped after 2wks. And then i was on my own, but maybe thats better, stops the competition!:p jesus im blabbing away here!

KTY Go back in your own time but definitely do NOT be embarrased! Everyone there is there for the same reason & the leader will have been in the same boat at some stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

PERPLEXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey everybody, lost a lot of wieght about fours ago through weight watchers, found my leader great but when i gave it up I didnt really like my new meetings but followed on my own for a while. Anyways eventually abadoned my trusty food diary etc and gradually the weight plus another two stone crept back on(great fun gettin here though). decided to bite the bullet and rejoin, cant help feeling it was a big mistake!!! My meeting lasted all of ten minutes, total waste and am finding it very hard to stick to my points, have a violent headache since the meeting thursday.
    I weigh 16st 9 lbs and am on 29 daily points with 49 weekly ones,

just wandering how the work out your allowance and would love to know the different points people are on because at my meeting the other girls half the size of me were put on 29 too, or am i just a sheer glutton and 29 is a great allowance????

sorry for the rambling post but i havent told anyone i was joining so havent spoken to anyone about it

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi Birdie. I am on 29 points too (I'm 13 stone 2lb) & this evening I phoned a friend of mine who has also rejoined & she is on 29 too - don't know what weight she is though. She seemed to think that everyone is on 29 unless you're under 18 or male.

Years ago when I first lost my weight with WW, it wasn't points & instead you counted carbohydrates, protein, fats & veg & I think everyone was on the same amounts then, so maybe this new program is along the same lines as that.

Sorry to hear you're struggling with the new plan. It does need a lot of preparation and planning beforehand to stay on track. I am posting a food diary if you want to see how I am doing. WW worked for me in the past (I lost 6 stone about 16 years ago) & it has worked for you too in the past, so have faith & stick with it & hopefully it will work well for you again. I have only recently found this forum & think it is great for maintaining my motivation so check in here and I'm sure everyone will be able to help you through it.

Remember - we're all in the same boat & good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Hey everyone.

Well weighed in on Wednesday after christmas hols, was expecting to stay the same or be up cos i thought i was bold enough over the hols, and was down 5lbs!! Delighted.

I think i just thought i was bold cos i had a few more treats than usual, but just shows that when you know the right choices to make you can still have other treats. I prob would have been up if i hadnt joined WW in november.

So down 23lbs so far, loads to go but on the way.

1st week of propoints (on 36 propoints) and struggling to think of recipes to make and how to convert my WW recipe books into propoints...

Well done everyone, and hopefully we will all have a lighter new year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Was just thinking there that maybe they work out your points allowance based on the weight you are meant to be not that you are??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

WW crisps - 2pp
    WW choc wafer bar - 2pp
    Snack-a-jacks (from multipack) - 2pp
    Small tin tuna in brine - 2pp

Shocked that egg whites have pp if you use 2 or more. On the weekend always have 2 egg whites fried with spray, beans and rasher medallions, will have to reduce something to compensate :(

Also, our leader told us a tbsp of herbs is 1pp, they used to be free too :( and i used to use them liberally...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement