Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

The RTE Guide has a great weight watchers calender in it this week!
    with lots of pro point recipes....cant wait to try them! they look and sound so freaking nice! The calender is really handy too. Going to use it to track my weigh ins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

KayTee wrote: »
    Gosh this forum has gotten busy- new years resolutions and all that!

I haven't posted in a while, have been pretty lazy about going to classes. My goal before Xmas was to get to 10st 3.5 as this had been my previous low. I decided to join wwonline today so weighed myself to register and I was at 10st 3.5. Very happy with myself!

So have registered online for pro points. To be honest, i could find better uses for the 10 euro a week for the class. I have to say I find the whole thing a bit confusing like a lot of people here! What I dislike most is that there is no list of basic food with the relevant ppts value. Things like average chicken breast or pork chop. And are all fruit and veg free?

I have modified my iwatchr app and tried to change the values of my food list, going to start from tomorrow. Trying to get the OH to give it a go, he has a bit to loose too...

Good luck peeps!

In the new folder we got at the class last night there was a little booklet called the pocket guide which had list of foods in alphabetical order. It's pretty handy.

Forgot to ask - do you have to eat all your personal points each day? I know you can't carry over, but I still have aboout 5 points left and I don't intend eating again tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

Well I had my first WI tonight and it was staggering to say the least, I'd rather not say what it was but I will share eventually when I've moved away from it. The Leader is brilliant and so encouraging and I like the look of the ProPoints. Well, as they say onwards and downwards hopefully!!

Don't dwell on it too much. You can start a fresh now and look forward to the year ahead. Having an encouraging leader helps a lot. You should set out a few mini goals for the coming months to help you.

kildareash wrote: »
    In the new folder we got at the class last night there was a little booklet called the pocket guide which had list of foods in alphabetical order. It's pretty handy.

Forgot to ask - do you have to eat all your personal points each day? I know you can't carry over, but I still have aboout 5 points left and I don't intend eating again tonight

There's no more saving and carrying over of points. Its kinda a case of use them or lose them.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

peanuts are a pleasant surprise astra-will be defo remembering that one:o

few more things I pointed today (don't think they've been covered already):

Superquinn own brand round wholemeal pitta bread pp3
    ryvita (orange packet) pp1 (per slice)
    200g tin (small one) spaghetti in tomato sauce pp3

• Advertisement

oh and nearly forgot

loop the loop icepop pp2 (a bargain methinks-maybe I should double check it, seems too good to be true?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

will have to try and get my hands on o e of those-thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I went to my first class tonight. Kind of overwhelmed by all the information and disgusted at my weight too!
    Does anybody know if all vegetables are free? I can't seem to find it anywhere...
    thanks!

Well I had my first WI tonight and it was staggering to say the least, I'd rather not say what it was but I will share eventually when I've moved away from it. The Leader is brilliant and so encouraging and I like the look of the ProPoints. Well, as they say onwards and downwards hopefully!!

Boodlesdoodles we've all been there & you've taken the first step now. Just think this WILL be the last time you ever see that number ;)

My advice is to just take each half stone at a time & don't think about the total figure you want to lose. Maybe set realistic mini goals if you can, like I'd like my first stone by my birthday etc..This is the way I'm approaching it & it's been by far my most successful attempt yet.

Different things work for different people & you'll figure out what works for you. Best of luck with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LaneyC

Great post! We all need help getting used to the new system. Some things have really surprised me in the good way!

Cheese & Onion King crisps 4pp
    Extra light philadelphia mini tub 1pp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi everyone. I have just rejoined WW after a break of about a year - only to find out that I have put on all the weight I had previously lost plus more. I like the new propoint system so far & hopefully it works well for us all. I have come on here to help my motivation & am planning to start a thread on the food diary part to try and keep myself at it. Good luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susie r

Thanx to all re: pro points info. Just had my last chinese so will start tmw on the pro points. I am using the app on the Iphone (iwatchr) to calculate the pro points. Now i have to decide do i join W W online r go to the classes. I didn W W last year and lost 1 stone, which was was very happy with coz I don't have too much to lose. Then went to OZ on a 5 week holiday and that was the end of that. Hope it all goes well for everyone. Best of luck.

Susie:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LaneyC

Hi Susie r,

I find going to the class great, you pick up so much from other people and get some great tips from the leader too! It's generally a good laugh too!

Best of luck!

Dont think about that number. Thats now in the past. that number doesn't matter any more. What matters now is, where you are now...where you are now is on a journey to the next number! Enjoy the fact that you never have to look at THAT uncomfortable number ever again. Your among friends here! Never be ashamed or worried. This is our safe zone!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 OllieMc

Thanks for checking anyway.

I set up a uk itunes account a few days ago. Im going to try and remember how.

Log out of itunes on iphone.
    Attempt to download a free app.
    Then set up a new account when asked. Select Uk as the country
    When selecting a payment option you should be able to select none.

This should work ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nelf

I'm using the iWatchr app on my iPhone too, just configured the custom calculator to work out the pro points, hope I've done it right!
    I've noticed tesco have the PP values on their light choices options already which is great.
    I worked out the points of the live well panini and wrap from starbucks today and both were ten which I didn't think was great.
    Does anyone know how many points in a bottle of bulmers light? the book says only 1 PP for a bottle of light beer which doesn't seem right? I'm not sure how they're working out the values in alcohol seeing as kcals don't come into the equation anymore, e.g. vodka has zero protein, carbs, fat or fibre but is 2 pp per 25ml (guessing 3pp for our 35ml irish measures?)
    Also be careful with bread as it's 5 pp for 2 slices of your standard brennans or similar.
    Treatsize/funsize aeros are only one pp which is great, also in that bag are milkbar buttons - 2pp, smarties - 2pp and fruit pastilles - 2pp. They're all teeny but a nice little treat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Zippidy

fofany wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I have just rejoined WW after a break of about a year - only to find out that I have put on all the weight I had previously lost plus more.

Hi, i'm not on WW but i found this short video today which is a pearl of wisdom about how to ensure you keep your weight steady once you have reached your desired weight:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

banana - 0 pp

wooo hoooo!!!

OllieMc wrote: »
    I set up a uk itunes account a few days ago. Im going to try and remember how.

Log out of itunes on iphone.
    Attempt to download a free app.
    Then set up a new account when asked. Select Uk as the country
    When selecting a payment option you should be able to select none
    This should work ok

Bingo! That worked thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 autmam

Hi everyone,
    Great thread. Just got my booklet today and trying to get my head around things. But so far have 8 spare points today, but not feeling too well so it's prob lowered my appetite. I had the very same question re bulmers light. One must get ones priorities straight!!!! I bought the shop book and it says that a 250ml btl of magners light(same as bulmers light) is 3ppts and a 330ml can is 4 ppts. To my knowledge magners light is sold on England the same as here in 330ml bottles and 500ml cans. I've sent off an email to weightwatchers uk to try to clarify if the values in the book are for the quantities stated, so hopefully will hear back soon (before tomorrow night would be good!!!!) But as it stands I would take it that a 330ml longneck bottle is 4 ppts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Pinkie19

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Dont think about that number. Thats now in the past. that number doesn't matter any more. What matters now is, where you are now...where you are now is on a journey to the next number! Enjoy the fact that you never have to look at THAT uncomfortable number ever again. Your among friends here! Never be ashamed or worried. This is our safe zone!

That was one of the nicest messages I've seen on here :) & It wasn't even aimed at me but that made me feel good!

It's so nice to know that everyone on here is supported by eachother. I feel good about being on here and knowing that we're all going through the same thing! :)

Ooh will be interesting to see what they say. Before low cal beer and low cal cider were around the same points so I'm really skeptical about the one propoint 330ml bottle of light beer? if it's true ill change from bulmers light to coors or bud light, 4 pp seems quite a lot (when you want to have a good few of them!). Let us know what they say, thanks :)

nelf wrote: »
    Ooh will be interesting to see what they say. Before low cal beer and low cal cider were around the same points so I'm really skeptical about the one propoint 330ml bottle of light beer? if it's true ill change from bulmers light to coors or bud light, 4 pp seems quite a lot (when you want to have a good few of them!). Let us know what they say, thanks :)

Coors light is pointed at 4ppts for a 300ml bottle. Just checked the pocket guide as I wanted to see what lower options I might have and noticed that it is low ALCOHOL lager that is 1 ppt, rather than low-cal. If I've misread I'd be delighted to know, but must say I would find it very hard to change from bulmers as I'm not a big fan of lagers, and wine is quite high in points too

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Hey everyone. Im one of those who reads everyones posts and inspiring stories but never post myself. First off, well done to everyone! Also, welcome to WW whoever is starting it for the new year! I have been doing WW since June and am almost at my second stone gone. Really hoping I can reach my goal quicker with the propoints ( I have until May). I think if I post here as well and engage with people it will help. I somehow managed to lose 1.5 lbs over xmas (depsite drinking and eating galore!) so Im using that as a starting point for motivation.

....Now...to get my head around these pro points hmmmmm :)

very high, 20 per bottle right?
    I bought the eating out guide (not great seeing as we don't have most of the places in Ireland :mad:) and in the drinking out section it says lager, light or low alcohol, 1 bottle (330ml) 1 propoint. VERY misleading seeing as bud and coors are branded as "light" but they're not low alcohol. Grr. So you're prob right to say bulmers light is 4 then. Thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I thought I would post this for all those starting on their ww journey.
    I'm currently at 136 so have kept it off and am back at ww as a gold member working on getting down closer to 130.
    Would definitely rec. taking before pictures - I have this printed out & stuck to my fridge as a reminder, I never want to go back to that.

newyear_Page_0.jpg

Well done dotcomdolly that's fantastic. Good luck dno...hopefully the encouragement here will help you on the way as well!

The ww app for iPhone is great, has a huge database of foods already pointed which should make adapting to ppts a bit easier...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Congratulations dotcomdolly on losing the weight & maintaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

I made this & it's lovely. Quite expensive to make tho...and I'm sure you know yourself what a bugger bns is to prepare. FYI my veg took ages more than 45 mins to roast.

You were bang on with this... my veg took way longer to roast and the prep took way longer than the 10mins it says on the recipe! Took me at least 10mins to just peel and cut up the BNS! Ha ha! It is lovely though!

• Advertisement

KayTee wrote: »
    Well done dotcomdolly that's fantastic. Good luck dno...hopefully the encouragement here will help you on the way as well!

The ww app for iPhone is great, has a huge database of foods already pointed which should make adapting to ppts a bit easier...

Hi everyone. Happy new year. Have been following this thread only for a few days when I stumbled across it when looking for info on Propoints. Am hooked now!! Just wondering with regard to the iPhone app if you need to be registered for ww online to access the food database. Have downloaded the app but only have access to recipes and a few other bits and pieces. Perhaps you could tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks everyone and best of luck in 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement