Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

ladypip wrote: »
    Hi all

Im so confused with the new pro points i used to be ale to eat and had enough knowledge of points to stay within my points allowance then work out the actual points later in the evening and if id gone slightly over cut back abit next day now im totally confused.

Yesterday i was really sick so i ended up eating whatever my bf was kind enough to prepare me today same story my bf's mam was kind enough to prepare us a stew because he was working and i was bed bound again.

Anyway long story short i went over on points both days wit very little food.
    I know ill get used to it eventually but im kinda po that ALL of my ww recipe books are useless and there is very little info available on the net so im kinda forced to buy the eating out and shopping guides and new recipe books.

Ahhh rant over anyone else finding the transition hard?

cant get to grips with it yet, but will get there eventually, got some help on this forum, otherwise not sure if I would last the first week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hi all

Im so confused with the new pro points i used to be ale to eat and had enough knowledge of points to stay within my points allowance then work out the actual points later in the evening and if id gone slightly over cut back abit next day now im totally confused.

Yesterday i was really sick so i ended up eating whatever my bf was kind enough to prepare me today same story my bf's mam was kind enough to prepare us a stew because he was working and i was bed bound again.

I know ill get used to it eventually but im kinda po that ALL of my ww recipe books are useless and there is very little info available on the net so im kinda forced to buy the eating out and shopping guides and new recipe books.

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

I find the tesco.ie website really hand for pointing foods. they have the nutritional information for most foods on there. Above is a propoints calculator! Good Luck!

Hi all

What cookbooks do you currently have? I have a list of all the latest recipes from cookbooks in 2010 and it has the new points for all the recipes in it!!!!

I can email you on the new point values for the books you have (if its available)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Lormcd

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me - I have been on and off weight watchers for years. I don't attend classes but I track myself. At this stage I know all my points off by heart! Now with the new system I don't know what to do - is it better/easier/more effective than the old system? I have a large collection of ww cook books and I really can't afford to replace them all with the new system.

What do yethink? Is it worth it changing?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Thanks everyone i think the new pro points and being so sick at the same time isnt working:)

Lainy i have Weight Watchers book of recipes
    Weight Watchers Essential Cookbooks which is a set of four cookbooks
    Weight Watchers Spicy and Speedy
    Weight Watchers The pure points cookbook
    and Weight Watchers Fabulous and Filling.

Thanks for the online calculator that will be handy

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone i think the new pro points and being so sick at the same time isnt working:)

Lainy i have Weight Watchers book of recipes
    Weight Watchers Essential Cookbooks which is a set of four cookbooks
    Weight Watchers Spicy and Speedy
    Weight Watchers The pure points cookbook
    and Weight Watchers Fabulous and Filling.

Thanks for the online calculator that will be handy

They've only issued propoint values for new books,
    The only one on your list thats available is the fabulous&filling ones,
    Its a pdf so i'll have to email it to you

Apple Apricots Banana Blackberries Blueberries Carombola, Star Fruit
    Cherries Clementines Gooseberries Grapefruit Grapes Guava Kiwi Fruit Kumquats Lemon Lime Loganberries Lychees Mandarin Mango Melon Cantaloupe Melon, Galia, Melon, Honeydew Nectarine Orange Papaya, Paw-Paw, Passion Fruit Peach Pear Pineapple Plums Pomegranate Raspberries Redcurrants Rhubarb Satsumas Sharon Fruit (Persimmon) Strawberries Tangerines Ugli Fruit (Tangelo) Watermelon
    Dried fruit and tinned fruit in syrup have ProPoints values.

Zero ProPoints value Vegetables
    Artichoke Hearts Asparagus Spears Aubergine Beansprouts Beetroot Broccoli Brussels Sprouts Butternut Squash Cabbage Carrot Cauliflower Celeriac Celery Chinese Leaves Courgette Cucumber Fennel French Beans Gourd (karela) Green Beans Jerusalem Artichoke Kale Leek Mange-tout Marrow Mooli Mushrooms Okra Onion, all types Pepper, all types Radish Runner Beans Shallots Spinach Spring Onions Sugar Snap Peas Swede Sweetcorn, baby Turnip

Other Zero ProPoint Foods
    Baking Powder
    Artificial Sweetener
    Bicarbonate of Soda
    Capers
    Chillies
    Chilli Sauce, up to 2 tbsp
    Hot Pepper Sauce
    Lemon Juice
    Lime Juice
    Mustard, up to 1 heaped tsp
    Salt and Pepper
    Soy Sauce, up to 1 tbsp
    Thai Fish Sauce, up to 1 tbsp
    Tomato Puree, up to 1 tbsp
    Vinegar
    Worcestershire Sauce, up to 1 tbsp
    Yeast Extract, up to 1 tbsp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭fatewatchers

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Went to my first post-xmas WI on Thursday and I had stayed the exact same weight, which I was delighted with as I ate like a lunatic over the break.

Pro-Points is annoying me but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. Only problem is that I've got swine flu, and my appetite is just on the floor, can't eat anything, only drinking fluids. So I feel like I've not had a proper start to the Pro-Points as I am just in ribbons!

Next Friday is my 1 year anniversary of joining WW. I am hoping that I can say I've lost 7 and a half stone (need to lose a pound this week to do that). When I set out, I thought it would be a great achievement to have 4 stone off in the year, I'm at nearly double that which I can't believe!

Anyways, I am off to mainline paracetamol and watery Miwadi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    They've only issued propoint values for new books,
    The only one on your list thats available is the fabulous&filling ones,
    Its a pdf so i'll have to email it to you

Thanks Lainey that would be handy. I'm quite new to this site i don't know how to pm you can you pm me and ill reply with my email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year. Went to my first post-xmas WI on Thursday and I had stayed the exact same weight, which I was delighted with as I ate like a lunatic over the break.

Pro-Points is annoying me but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. Only problem is that I've got swine flu, and my appetite is just on the floor, can't eat anything, only drinking fluids. So I feel like I've not had a proper start to the Pro-Points as I am just in ribbons!

Next Friday is my 1 year anniversary of joining WW. I am hoping that I can say I've lost 7 and a half stone (need to lose a pound this week to do that). When I set out, I thought it would be a great achievement to have 4 stone off in the year, I'm at nearly double that which I can't believe!

WELL DONE!! That is an amazing achievement, hopefully the changeover will be an easy one for you.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Stop right there! your sick...you need to get well...then take on ww!

Lucozade Sport! Fluids! Rest! Jaaayus....I think swine flu is a valid excuse deary!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hi everyone,

Congratulations on your weightloss so far - brilliant achievement. And don't worry about WW until you're feeling better. You've done so well so far that I'm sure you'll do well on the propoints too.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just wanted to post this for all those who are not sure about switching over to the new propoints system. Something our leader said on the day it was introduced & and I thought it was very good :

It's like the bulmers cider ads when they introduce the pear instead of the apple & it takes everyone a while to eventually embrace the pear.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi everyone,

Oh you poor thing, you need to look after yourself now, forget weightwatchers - just concentrate on getting better. You've done so well that am sure you are in much better shape healthwise to fight something like this anyway, it's an amazing achievement so give yourself a bit of slack til you are fully recovered! And i mean FULLY!!! Take care, E x

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jack01

Hi all,
    I rejoined ww this week and i downloaded the iwatchr which has a custom calculator on it but i cant program it for the pro points, has anyone else managed to do it and if so how do i do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Fatewatchers, you need to get well again, then you can dive into propoints. You've done amazingly so far!

Now, I'm off to bed before I do any more damage to my tracker!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

Hey guys, I'm struggling atm with WW because I've been sick all week and have had no appetite so haven't been eating. Now that I'm better I find that I've gone off my normal foods.

I'm a fussy eater so finding it difficult to find something to eat that I haven't gone off. I'm thinking of trying some of the M&S count on us foods. I hear they have the points values on them? Has anyone tried them? Are they nice and what type of meals are they??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭little bess

Hi everyone ,just started back at ww on thurs , 7 &1/2 lb gain over the previous 5 weeks I hadn't gone :eek:
    Anyway this is a great thread , v. helpful, thanks guys !
    I'm loving the new propoints but was out for dinner today for my birthday and had a huge caesar salad(trying to be good) , I was stuffed after it and didn't even eat it all.
    I have no idea how to point it so pointed it at 24 to be on the safe side or is that way too much (it had quite a lot of sauce on it) ??

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

just spent about an hour reading posts,everyone is very motivated!!!(including me),hadn't been since 11/11/10,was up 8.5lbs,nobodys fault but mine!!!!:oanyway here we go again,propoints lookin good,just have to get into a different mindset,good look to all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

Hi guys, just saw a few posts there about foods that are 0 propoints for a small amount but are pointed for more. For example, Laughing Cow xtra lite are 0 points for 1 or 1 point for 3. What i tend to do here is put down 1 point, even if i'm only having one, then i have the rest to use if i need something later in the day/next day.
    Not sure if i should really do this into the next day but find it useful during the same day. And it avoids me relying too much on stuff that isn't quite as good as it appears!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 MTF1

hollyhock wrote: »
    just spent about an hour reading posts,everyone is very motivated!!!(including me),hadn't been since 11/11/10,was up 8.5lbs,nobodys fault but mine!!!!:oanyway here we go again,propoints lookin good,just have to get into a different mindset,good look to all!!

Love this thread for motivation! This is the kind of support that will get us through- I always came unstuck at previous attempts because of shame & embarrassment when I went up so it's great to see people on here doing so well & when they go off the rails a bit they put their hands up to it & get on with it. Keep it up everyone!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭khan86

This is a lovely carbonara (8.5 points on the old system for anyone that's still using it like me)

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=7018512

This Sweet and Sour recipe is really quick to make and tasty (4.5 points on the old system)

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=7011472

This is a low fat version of thai green curry (don't have the points to hand but its easy to add them up. I also use the extra light philly to cut down the points, but sometimes I use reduced fat coconut milk instead of slim milk to give it that real thai green flavour...this significantly increases the points though)

http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philadelphia3/page?siteid=philadelphia3-prd&locale=uken1&PagecRef=781

I also cook the Spaghetti Bolognaise from the fast start book once a week, never get sick of it and have started using quorn mince recently which cuts down on the points loads.

When I'm not in the mood for cooking I have a M&S count on us pizza...5.5 points for a whole one and they are delicious. Usually have them with butternut squash chips or homemade potatoe wedges (season them with paprika and salt and pepper before putting them in the oven gives them lovely flavour) and reduced fat coleslaw...yum!

That's my contribution, hope its helpful! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi all, well done to everyone. Seems we are all trying to get our heads around it anyway! It definitely seems you aren't as hungry or as limited with foods. But I think it's harder to take the easy option, you really need to be making dinners with proper portions and lots of veg. Which is great! No more low point carbs to tide us over :-) I love the fruit thing. I have some grapes in as a morning snack and an apple or peach in afternoon and definitely feel a lot better for it! Just thought I'd let you all know that normal (not low fat), cheese and onion hunky dorys are only four propoints. This for me is great, because savoury is always my weakness. Now I know I have the option to have them without going way over. I like Velvet Crunch but don't feel they are filling enough or something. Sometime they just don't satisfy me. The other great thing for me is hot chocolate. A cup made with cadburys powder and skimmed milk is five points. Again this is great!

How have you all been using your weekly allowance? Some days last week (a lot of which was down to it being my first week and figuring stuff out) I went slightly over my daily allowance so took it out of my weekly. But not sure if this is wrong. Am I able to use them to have a slightly bigger dinner or should they only be used as snacks or what. Just wondering! Over the week I am well within my points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I think they can be used whatever way you want to use them. So you can spread them through the wk or save them for a night out.

Yesterday was the only day I have gone over My allowance. Every other day I've been under. Used about half of the treat points on alcohol on sat night. Wine is just not worth it!

Felt hungry last night, which I'm putting down to the drink the night before. Because I'd had proper roast dinner with all the trimmings, I was running low on points. Just had 3 ryvita (1pp each) and an extra light laughing cow triangle (0pp). Seemed to do the trick. OH can't have high fibre foods so we often just skip by the fruit and veg aisle, I'll have to start making a
    Conscious effort to pick up
    Some fruit in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hi folks!

Well... I'm back! I totally fell off the wagon but I am determind to get back on track.

Gave up the smokes last Monday so I didn't want to start the weight loss at the same time so I'm kicking off today!

I started last January originally and lost 22lb between then and July, then all hell broke loose! Holidays, moving house, 21st's, christenings, weddings, Christmas parties... one thing after another. I had got down to 10st 13.5lb and after 6/7 months I got back onto a scales lastnight and I am back up to 11st 11.5lb...

The goal is 9stone 10lb.

Going to be doing it from home so any help any of you can provide would be great! really need to do it this time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

ali85 wrote: »
    Hi folks!

Well... I'm back! I totally fell off the wagon but I am determind to get back on track.

Gave up the smokes last Monday so I didn't want to start the weight loss at the same time so I'm kicking off today!

I started last January originally and lost 22lb between then and July, then all hell broke loose! Holidays, moving house, 21st's, christenings, weddings, Christmas parties... one thing after another. I had got down to 10st 13.5lb and after 6/7 months I got back onto a scales lastnight and I am back up to 11st 11.5lb...

The goal is 9stone 10lb.

Going to be doing it from home so any help any of you can provide would be great! really need to do it this time!!!

Hi Ali

I'm pretty much the same as you, got down to 10st 13.5 and now back up to 11st something(haven't gone to ww yet!) I think if I can't make it tomorrow I'll just weigh myself with the scales here and go by that. I find I'm really good for a month or so and then when I've a few things coming up at weekends I seem to give up. I'm really determined this year to get down and to my goal weight and stay there. I'm not sure yet what I'm aiming at because I never remember myself by 10 stone and what I look like at that weight so I'm just going to keep going until I feel happy!

The recipes and tips you get here are excellent especially when there's so much confusion around propoints at the moment. Best of luck to everyone who has their weigh ins this week!!!

Heres a few I got over on the minimins weight watchers site!

Pint of guinness pp6
    penguin bars 17g pp2, 22g pp3
    tsp any sugar pp1
    mint sauce 2tsp pp0 , 3 to 8 tsp pp1
    mccains curly fries 100g pp7
    maltesers standard bag pp5
    smoked salmon 50g pp2
    crunchie standard bar pp5
    ready brek 30g pp3

Just a word of warning, on the minimins site members have been complaining of discrepancies between points given in ww guides/booklets and what they amount to when members calculate them themselves. Apparently ww are aware of this and advise people to calculate points to be sure. I saw a major difference myself on a knorr curry powder pk ww giving pp at 1 per pack when I calculated it was 5 big difference, same prob with a knorr pepper sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Hi All,
    Had a rotten weekend. Ate rings around myself and I'm so annoyed with myself. Still fresh start today.

Pink chick are sure that Cheese and Onion Hunky Dorys are 4 Propoints cos I had a bag of S&V at the weekend which worked out at 7 Propoints.

I'm not sure I'm calculating Propoint correctly. I'm buying a calculator this week.

THESE ARE COPIED AND PASTED FROM MINIMINS SITE I DID NOT WORK THEM OUT.

Mcdonalds
    Big Mac 13pp
    Cheeseburger 8pp (though on ww site says 7pp same as hamburger but if you work it out from mcdonalds site and using ww cal online it's 8pp not 7pp smile.gif )
    Hamburger 7pp
    double cheese 12pp
    4 chicken nuggets (happy meal) 5pp
    6 chicken nuggets 7pp
    chicken mayo 9pp
    mcChicken sandwich 10pp
    med fries 9pp
    small fries 6pp
    milkshakes small (all flavs) 6pp Med (all flavs) 11pp
    Mcflurrys
    Crunchie 9pp
    Dairy 9pp
    Rolo 11pp
    Smarties 9pp
    Strawberry sun 10pp
    Toffee sun 10pp
    sugar doughnut
    Hashbrown 3pp
    Bagel 6pp
    Bagel with strawberry jam 7pp
    BBQ Dip 1pp
    Bacon and Egg Muffin 9pp
    Bacon roll with ketchup 9pp
    sausage and egg muffin 11pp
    sausage egg and cheese bagel 15pp
    bacon egg and cheese bagel 12pp
    pancakes and sausage 12pp
    pancakes and syrup 14pp

burger king chilli cheese bites are 7 pro points, cheesy bites are 6, the new 3 pepper angus burger is 19 points and the sticky toffee pudding bk fusion dessert is 8 pts.

Copied and pasted from minimins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Jewelsmousey

Hi Guys

Im hoping to join an online version of weightwatchers as soon as I get paid on friday. I have 12pounds to lose. According to an online calculator I found I can have 29points per day - however, I was wondering if anyone could send me some recipes that they have on their pc handy until I can join online myself as I would love to start today as opposed to waiting til the weekend just for motivation. I know veg and fruit is 0points on the new plan but I'm a big cheese and bread fiend and I eat out a good bit so would love to try and control it a bit this week.

PS I have put the links I found online down below just in case anyone wants to use them

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Mobile-ProPoints-Calculator.php

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/Daily-Propoints-Target-Calculator.php

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement