Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Adventure

And the Dublin test centre is.......RDS.

http://www.rds.ie/home/eventfinder.aspx?eid=2969

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Gah. How intimidating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Yeah, got my admission ticket this morning.

The South East Centre's in the Ursuline Convent school in Waterford.
    No idea where that is tbh, but I'm sure I'll find it!
    I was expecting it to be out in WIT tbh.

The RDS? That would suggest there'll be a LOT of people.... That's where UCD exams are held and stuff! Oh God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

More than one Dublin centre it seems, I've to head to Blackrock. Should be fun gettin there in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

weird, mine is in UCD... such a pain in the arse getting there from the dart, not to mention getting the dart at rush hour. Then theres the trouble of actually finding the right building there. My god this is turning into a disaster already :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

I've been staying up doing them late at night all week

are yo just doing the practice paper over and over again or am i missing something here?

are yo just doing the practice paper over and over again or am i missing something here?

I've the HPAT practice test worked through already.
    I got the UMAT sample papers/ practice tests. There's a link to them somewhere in the thread already, but they take a few weeks to arrive so might be a bit late to get your hands on them now.

They're produced by the same company and so on, they're essentially the same thing.

(Unless you know someone who has them already who'd be willing to do a bit of less than legal photocopying of course.)

Adventure wrote: »
    And the Dublin test centre is.......RDS.
    amacachi wrote: »
    More than one Dublin centre it seems, I've to head to Blackrock.
    Dubs wrote: »
    weird, mine is in UCD... such a pain in the arse

Oh Good Lord. How many people are APPLYING for freakin' medicine!? Talk about competition. Why can't everyone else just go away and let me do it? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pureirishsugar

okay thanks for the heads up

hmmmm il see what i can do

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dubs wrote: »
    weird, mine is in UCD... such a pain in the arse getting there from the dart, not to mention getting the dart at rush hour. Then theres the trouble of actually finding the right building there. My god this is turning into a disaster already :rolleyes:

What's the name of the building?

Have a look here. http://www.ucd.ie/maps/ucdmapengapak_06.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Larianne wrote: »
    What's the name of the building?

Have a look here. http://www.ucd.ie/maps/ucdmapengapak_06.pdf

thanks! That helps a lot! :D
    now i just have to figure out which entrance i normally come in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

They sure picked weird exam centres. The Galway one is in Ballybrit racecourse.God I hope it's indoors

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

They sure picked weird exam centres. The Galway one is in Ballybrit racecourse.God I hope it's indoors

It'd be absolutely amazing of they held it outdoors :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Minor panic attack when I got the faulty email... I'm RDS-bound. Intimidating is the word.

My friend has it in UCD and her centre number is 8...EIGHT centres around the country! I was expecting 4/5 at most!

Fad wrote: »
    It'd be absolutely amazing of they held it outdoors :D
    Especially if it was snowing.I think its in one of the stands. Still not sure how it's going to work though.Seems like a very unusual location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Calum196

Im going to the Galway centre at its no. 13.

Im bricking it now... The only preparation I've done is taken the sample test, also I dont know if any of you know but each section is worth 100 points, that means that section 2 (the easy one) is equal to section 1...

Im not really too worried about the number of people who have applied.... In my school some pretty thick people applied (no disrespect but they are dreaming) they would only get 480 points at a total push...

I wish it wasnt on so early... My plan is to do the practice test again, redundant, I know, but hopefully it will help with time management.

I think the prep courses will only help with time management, making sure you dont waste time on marks you wont get.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Does anybody know what the story is with timing. Are the times given guidelines for how long you should spend on each question? Or will each section be given up and taken back individually so you can only spend that amount of time.
    It takes me way too long to do section A but i always have loads of time spare in section B so will i be able to finish section A then. Really worried about not getting it finished if we only have 65mins

FIFA2004 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the story is with timing. Are the times given guidelines for how long you should spend on each question? Or will each section be given up and taken back individually so you can only spend that amount of time.
    It takes me way too long to do section A but i always have loads of time spare in section B so will i be able to finish section A then. Really worried about not getting it finished if we only have 65mins

No. As soon as you switch from section A to B you CANNOT go back.
    Just divide the number of questions by the amount of time. Leave about 4 minutes at the end of each section to review. It's about a minute and a half per question on section A.

Calum196 wrote: »
    Im going to the Galway centre at its no. 13.

Are there two centres in Galway because mine is number 3. A lot of the people that I know who are doing the test don't even want to do medicne and are just doing this test for the experience, although the demand for medicine will probably go up as I believe there is a recession on.

• Advertisement

although the demand for medicine will probably go up as I believe there is a recession on.

Stop scaring me!

On another note, don't know if it's been mentioned, but is everyone aware that the HPAT results are out on the 22nd of June, not with the rest of the oul' results?
    *shudders*

bythewoods wrote: »
    Stop scaring me!

On another note, don't know if it's been mentioned, but is everyone aware that the HPAT results are out on the 22nd of June, not with the rest of the oul' results?
    *shudders*

So? I prefer it that way, so I'll know if I have a chance of gettin into medicine or if I should start planning for somethin else.

bythewoods wrote: »
    No. As soon as you switch from section A to B you CANNOT go back.
    Just divide the number of questions by the amount of time. Leave about 4 minutes at the end of each section to review. It's about a minute and a half per question on section A.

Would you mind explaining this? Is it that section A is complete you give it up to receive section B? Damn, I really should get to grips with all this stuff before tomorrow week :confused:

Yeah I think it'll mean you have plenty of time to get your hopes down before August so you're no bitterly disappointed if you don't get the LC results you need.

cautioner wrote: »
    Would you mind explaining this? Is it that section A is complete you give it up to receive section B? Damn, I really should get to grips with all this stuff before tomorrow week :confused:

Yeah I think it's a set amount of time for each section, which is so crap as I'll probably lose a load of marks due to rushing section A >.<

Gah! What an annoying development! Must get my sample test back off friend and start timing myself.

Can't believe the number of centres. I wouldn't be worried though, I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about the whole business altogether; the only other person in my year applying for it thinks if he gets 480 points he's pretty much in. He won't listen to me when I tell him otherwise. Perhaps there's a metric f*ckton of others like him, clogging up all the centres and making us serious folk nervous :o

Yeah I was thinking some people might just be sitting it to see how they do, but like it's €90, who throws away that kinda money for the lulz?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

I got Trinity, centre 9.
    I was wondering could you work out how many applied for it by your candidate number, let say mine is 30xxx I presume i was xxx person to register, I registered as soon as the HPAT site opened for registration so mine is prety usless (its less than 100). Maybe someone who registered like 2weeks ago would give an accurate number.
    I dont know if your number is confidental so I dont reccomend giving your full number just an indication of roughly where ie. 32200-32000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Piste wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking some people might just be sitting it to see how they do, but like it's €90, who throws away that kinda money for the lulz?

People in my school:o

(not me though!)

Our principal said it was a really cheap test, I have a suspicion he was talking about things he had no idea about, but how and ever........

• Advertisement

MrPain wrote: »
    I got Trinity, centre 9.
    I was wondering could you work out how many applied for it by your candidate number, let say mine is 30xxx I presume i was xxx person to register, I registered as soon as the HPAT site opened for registration so mine is prety usless (its less than 100). Maybe someone who registered like 2weeks ago would give an accurate number.
    I dont know if your number is confidental so I dont reccomend giving your full number just an indication of roughly where ie. 32200-32000.

I registered about a week before the deadline for the cheaper fee, I'm over 33000.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement