Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

bed early tonight boys and girls. i'll be the one with a breakfast roll on the dart tomorro morning :D and good luck to us all sure... off to buy a stack of 2b pencils and rubbers now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Tonight I'm gonna stay up all night, get on a bus at 7 in the morning. Might take some ecstacy around 4 so I don't need to piss or feel hungry during the test, just to be safe ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 coggser01

phasers wrote: »
    future doctors eh?

/searches thread for husband...

"hi and welcome to board.ie, the new dating service for L.C. students everywere who study to much to find a partner, im your host coggser who is happily married due to this website, try it"

te ecstacy idea isnt bad, except the drooling n your test and getting up and dancing after awnseringevery question

coggser01 wrote: »
    te ecstacy idea isnt bad, except the drooling n your test and getting up and dancing after awnseringevery question

I don't dance thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Piste wrote: »

I can't believe I paid €1.45 for a 2B pencil today.

I bought two.. they cost a whopping €1.55 each! €1.55!!!
    I also bought a rubber, an amazing one. And today somebody threw it out the window! Whinge whinge whinge.
    But it's fine.. because I stole his instead. Hmph.

I also bought myself a manly looking digital watch. Because otherwise I'm sure I'll run out of time. And the women's digital watches were like.. €80. Whereas I got myself a nice butch one for €28.

I think I'm prepared. I think.

Anyone else getting the jitters? Bahhhh. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

haha yous are getting ripped off with your pencils! just paid 2.80 for 3 and a rubber. got them under the tree at spar.

cant get to sleep :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Dubs wrote: »
    haha yous are getting ripped off with your pencils! just paid 2.80 for 3 and a rubber. got them under the tree at spar.

Damn you!

Anyway, as I'm leaving the interweb I'd just like to say:
    Good luck everyone! :D

Here, hopefully we'll all survive anyway. And hopefullllllllly we'll all be seeing each other in September!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

O god...startin 2 panic....has any1 got any last minute advice? all iv done is the sample book cos my careers teacher didn help us at all and sed that wud do...wot shud we be doin now d night b4 it? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭deex

good luck everyone! oh man im terrified... going to bed anyway! D: to dream of problem solving, empathy and stupid patterns filled with dices and hearts and numbers in seemingly random order =D how fun!

anne marie - you'll be grand! honestly no matter what they say about doing fancy courses and stuff i dont believe it'll help you that much.. you can look up UMAT (the aussie hpat) online if you want and look at some questions but i'd say the best thing you can do is go to sleep! you cant improve much late night cramming! good luck tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

are people actualy going to bed now :eek: methinks that getting 12 hrs sleep could be a bad idea

im going to bed now, yeah, at 9, but i'm getting up at 6:15 and dont think im gonna sleep well so im taking all the bed-time i can get! :D

thanks deex!! i can only imagin how panickd evry1s guna be 2moro!! is any1 else goin 2 d sligo centre? it filled up really quick so hopefully thers not 2 many ther!! it says on all the hpat and acer websites that no preperation courses will help...hope thats right!!
    :D:D

yno on the email they sent, sayin you must bring your HPAT-Ireland Admission Ticket (with required details completed on the back)

are those just the id details?

no prob :P i'm really panicky too but i guess theres nothing i can do about it so i'm trying to take it easy.. not really working!
    i'm in the UCD blackrock, my main worry is not being able to find it even with my map and directions haha! and then not being able to find the room im supposed to go to! there'd better be LOADS of signs! :P
    i do think prep courses wont help much... my friend got the same average results before and after her courses so i dont think theres much difference!
    what kinda scores are you guys getting for section 1 btw? im getting about half them right every time.. i havent got a clue if thats good or not!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Camih

I'm absolutely terrified for tomorrow!!! going to bed soon though cause just finished two weeks of mocks - not good timing:P what average in the practise test is everyone else getting?

i was wondering that myself!! i've nothing on the back of mine, just the ID details under it.. and i probably have those filled out wrong since im using an ID letter! :S

yno on the email they sent, sayin you must bring your HPAT-Ireland Admission Ticket (with required details completed on the back)

are those just the id details?

Yup. If youre bringing your passport just write down your passport number.

And chill out, seriously. There's no point panicking.

i'm getting about 50% in section one, about 90 - 100% in section 2, and about 55 - 60 % in section 3! what about you guys? D:

I'm using my provisional license or passport(havent decided) you just fill in your passport number/license number and country it was issued from in that section i think!

• Advertisement

erm cant remember details exactly but it worked out at 222 overall

Tanx!!
    iv ben gettin round 80% in A, 90% in B but only about 50% in C....but thats been spaced out, iv nevr sat down for 2 nd a half hours...but iv timed each section seperatly nd itz been ok:P
    how bout ye?

yup that works out bout the same as mine only mine was about 70, 92,60%(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Good luck to all you doing the HPAT tomorrow! Thinking of you and hope it goes well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

my average was something like 50, 90, 85 ..... %

Anyway I'm feeling lucky cause I got some of my anti-anxiety medication that work for a long time. :D:D:D:D I can only use it on special occasions, like tomorrow.

Any way, good luck every body, looks like I will see some of you tomorrow at Trinity but won't know who is who.

oohhh 1 more thing...my ticket wasnt printd in a colour printer so itz black and white nd looks photocopied...dat ok? god im really panickin over the tiny little things nw!!
    :confused::confused:

oohhh 1 more thing...my ticket wasnt printd in a colour printer so itz black and white nd looks photocopied...dat ok? god im really panickin over the tiny little things nw!!
    :confused::confused:

CHILL OUT!

I'm fairly sure it's just grey on white anyway, that's how it looks on my screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 coggser01

bolox, test tomorro, rds cener, i was tinking, does any1 kno how many people are takingthe hpat? and how many places 4 medicine? just a thougt, if the difference was slim it wuld pu my mind at a fuk load of ease.:D be good 2 know. gd luk all nyway, ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coggser01 wrote: »
    bolox, test tomorro, rds cener, i was tinking, does any1 kno how many people are takingthe hpat? and how many places 4 medicine? just a thougt, if the difference was slim it wuld pu my mind at a fuk load of ease.:D be good 2 know. gd luk all nyway, ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If ya look a few pages back there's a difference of 3000 between the number someone got when they registered early, and mine which was about a week before the closin date, so over 3000 doing the test anyway. Sorry I can't put your mind at ease.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I think it's something like 10 people for every place :( GAH I had not thought about a watch...bollox....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement