Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HPAT

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

OK this off topic tangent has gone on long enough. Everyone please get back on topic and keep this discussion about the HPATs.

If someone wants to start an argument about the flaws of the LC system and whether rote-learning essays is acceptable or not, start another thread.

Anymore off topic posting and this thread will be locked.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭JW91

i also quoted the bit where you showed respect for those who actually cheat. cheating is very unethical, correct? it's recognised by all authorities as very serious. i know from having applied to med schools in the uk that if they detected that you held those sentiments, they wouldn't accept you. doctors should be law-abiding, honest citizens who understand the code of ethics and have utmost respect for human rights.

i'm not accusing you of not being a law abiding citizen or anything of the sort (how would i know?!), but i am accusing you of running your mouth without thinkning, being ott, cruel, discriminatory and just plain rude.

this is why they invented bells.

Your wrong. Read my post again. I never said that i respected people that cheat. I said that i respect them more than I respect people that learn off other people's essays. I have virtually no respect for anyone that cheats in any walk of life. But I have absolutley no respect for people that learn off other people's work and then pass it off as their own.

Also a few people have said that I would make a terrible doctor, well that's not going to bother me as I have no intention of doing medicine. But I just know about the HPAT because some of my friends did it. They seemed fairly pleased with it and they thought it was a good system.

However I think several people on this forum would make terrible doctors anyway and I wouldn't like them to be my doctor.
    The reasons being:
    1) I don't think a lot of you are intelligent enough to do be doctors
    2) Judging by many people's reactions to the HPAT I don't think they have the mindset for it anyway. As far as I'm concerned a doctor needs to be extremely cool and calm. This is something most of you here are not just judging by the way many of you completly flipped out because of this HPAT. Yer first reaction was to panic. Not a good trait in a doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*sigh*

After two clear warnings about off topic posting we have....
    JW91 wrote:
    However I think several people on this forum would make terrible doctors anyway and I wouldn't like them to be my doctor.
    The reasons being:

...off topic posting.

I think this thread has run it's course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement