Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Island Key, East Wall

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Dmaurice

hi.

you need to ring homebrokers and log your details with them. they are doing a block valuation on the site this week. ring them today if i were you. www.homebrokers.ie

we got a call this morning to come and complete our snag on block 6...should be in in 3-4 weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,200 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Dmaurice wrote: »
    hi.

you need to ring homebrokers and log your details with them. they are doing a block valuation on the site this week. ring them today if i were you. www.homebrokers.ie

we got a call this morning to come and complete our snag on block 6...should be in in 3-4 weeks :)

3-4 weeks???

WOW! Before Christmas, is that what they're aiming for now?

for block 6 yes. i believe it is all tarmac'd and the rest of the site is cordoned off now...we will be doing our final inspection next week so will update then! :)

Has anyone managed to reduce the amount they're paying for their apartment here by going through homebrokers? If so, is the amount much? Is it worth giving them a shout?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 fella1977

I contacted them and they sent me out the forms. They quote the price as €495 but it is actually €728 when you include VAT and valuation fee. Their success fee is a % of what they save you and there are different rate ranging from 3-10%.

I need to get back in touch with them again..

Any sign of anyone moving in yet?

• Advertisement

we have done our final snag...waiting for completion now...aiming to get in early december..we have our current apartment till the end of december so we can move in at our leisure and not rush! are you also block 6? are you snagging at the mo too?

Im in block 2 which is not ready yet. They told me about 3 months ago that it would be ready for snagging end of Feb but I have received no update yet.

Have homebrokers given any indication of getting you any discount?

Im not sure what they can do for me yet cos my block is no where near ready and there is no point valuing it at this stage but at the same time I dont want to leave it too late..

Are the apartments and appliances well finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭cianr

Drove by there yesterday and its looking pretty well. Block 6 looks to be finished and is fenced off from the rest of the property. Block 1 looks like theres quite a bit more to do.

The finish on the outside of the apartments is a lot darker than what I was expecting from the brochures/website - is it permanent? It looks very well I have to say.

We've bought in Block 2 - were told ages to expect snagging in December but I reckon it'll be another few months yet.

Does anyone know if all the apartments have been sold?

When I last spoke to Brian Dywer, they said there were still some available. I got a friend to email them his interest and they sent back the following in July/August:

'All units in Blocks 4, 5, & 6 have been sold. There is limited availability of one, two and three bedroom units in Blocks 2 and 3'

They sent out prices and they were about 10k less than they were a year before..

I expect a letter from them this month for an update..

Thanks for the info Fella - there never seems to be much mentioned of Block 1, any idea why that is??

• Advertisement

No idea about block 1..Looking in from the road, block 1 is the least advanced followed by block 2. Both look a long way from being finished..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

tomtoms wrote: »
    as always the gang of little ****s that hang around, but all areas have that.

They don't actually!

Although I am a purebred Southsider (Blackrock.) :)

hi guys, we doin our final snag in block 6 this week...prob get keys next week. we were onsite again last friday...very impressed...looking great and the apartments are so well finished inside...

block 6 + 3 will be ready around the same time (block 3 probably a month after)...

a mate bought in block 2 and has been told april for his. block 1 is summer 2009 i think.

are you all moving in or did you buy to rent? we should meet up for a pint when we're all in! :)

hi guys, we doin our final snag in block 6 this week...prob get keys next week. we were onsite again last friday...very impressed...looking great and the apartments are so well finished inside...

block 6 + 3 will be ready around the same time (block 3 probably a month after)...

a mate bought in block 2 and has been told april for his. block 1 is summer 2009 i think.

are you all moving in or did you buy to rent? we should meet up for a pint when we're all in! :)

Have to say there really is a good finish in the apartments, very impressed with them, everything bar the kitchen appliances looks great.

How long did it take them to finalise your snag? Was there much major things wrong or was it mainly cosmetic?

Always on for pints!

snag was mainly cosmetic stuff...took em ages to sort it though..but theyre gettin there now.

i agree about the kitchen appliances...still....at least theyre free! (kinda!)

so are you in block 6 bobby? the communal areas are nearly finished in there now and the lift is workin apparently. we will have the keys before xmas but have our apartment till the end of dec so we can move stuff over gradually = headin to belfast next weekend to get all the furniture etc.

Bought to live - and any always up for pints! :)

Whats the story with the appliances? Any other points? Glad to hear the finish is well, and you'll be in soon! :)

nothing bad about the appliances really....theyre just cheap silver ones (not stainless steel which looks much better!)....but thats only being picky....the gaff looks class inside. :) Did you buy in block 6? i think we'll be in in a couple of weeks.

Any word back from homebrokers yet?

snag was mainly cosmetic stuff...took em ages to sort it though..but theyre gettin there now.

i agree about the kitchen appliances...still....at least theyre free! (kinda!)

so are you in block 6 bobby? the communal areas are nearly finished in there now and the lift is workin apparently. we will have the keys before xmas but have our apartment till the end of dec so we can move stuff over gradually = headin to belfast next weekend to get all the furniture etc.

Yup, in Block 6 mate! Hoping to be in before Christmas, they have my snag now and all so hopefully things move quickly. The lift still wasn't working the other day though but they said it was due to be fixed v soon.

I think a trip up to IKEA might be in store some time over Christmas for me too! Though I do have 90%+ of my furniture already.

cianr wrote: »
    Bought to live - and any always up for pints! :)

Whats the story with the appliances? Any other points? Glad to hear the finish is well, and you'll be in soon! :)

Appliances just look slightly tacky, nothing major to be honest. They probably only look a bit bad cos the finish on the place is absolutely superb, far better than I would have thought.

There's nothing "serious" on my snag list really, it's just scratches/chunks out of wood and the like. Though some of the internal doors are goosed!

• Advertisement

cianr wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Fella - there never seems to be much mentioned of Block 1, any idea why that is??

You got me thinking on this yesterday so I did a bit of digging...

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=1074/08&backURL=<a href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=916695>Search Criteria</a> > <a href='wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=1163376&StartIndex=11&SortOrder=APNID:asc&DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES&BackURL=<a href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=916695>Search Criteria</a>'>Search Results</a>

EDIT: The above link doesn't work for some reason but if you copy and paste the whole thing into your browser (and press enter) it will work.

I hope the link works, basically they're changing Block 1 and making the apartments in it bigger.

nothing bad about the appliances really....theyre just cheap silver ones (not stainless steel which looks much better!)....but thats only being picky....the gaff looks class inside. :) Did you buy in block 6? i think we'll be in in a couple of weeks.

Did you notice the brand names on the appliances? Were they well known? Glad to hear it looks good inside! :) We're going into Block 2.
    Appliances just look slightly tacky, nothing major to be honest. They probably only look a bit bad cos the finish on the place is absolutely superb, far better than I would have thought.

There's nothing "serious" on my snag list really, it's just scratches/chunks out of wood and the like. Though some of the internal doors are goosed!

Great to hear you're happy with it Bobby,except the doors of course! :D

And that was some very good detective work there!! Yeah it looks like they're keeping the same amount of apartments in Block 1 just changing the allocation - i.e. reducing the number of 1 bed and 3 beds, and increasing the number of 2 beds. Looks like they are just internal changes, so the outside should change.

yeah bobby, our doors were goosed too but fixed now. i was there last weekend...unreal how quick its been done outside...looks great now. lifts are in action now too! :) We should be completing next week!

we are all done now, snagged etc. cheque should be issued next week and then we can have the keys :) getting stressed now...i should start packing! anyone else close to moving in? is block 3 competed too?

Have you moved in yet? Are they still working away on the other blocks or have they broken up for Christmas?

hi mate, we got the keys yesterday - moving in over the next couple of weeks...they were still working on the site yesterday but i presume they finish today for a couple of weeks...did you also move in yet? are you block 6 or 3? (im told people are moving into both blocks from today onwards). Good luck with it all anyway!

anyone in yet?!

Im in block 2 so not sure when mine will be ready. Have many people moved in yet?

we moved in last week...think we are the only ones moved in the whole site!!! its very quiet!! :)

• Advertisement

we moved in last week...think we are the only ones moved in the whole site!!! its very quiet!! :)

You on the second floor in Block 6? It's the only place where I've seen a bit of life!

Advertisement